move to new windows server and upgrade sql server 2000 to 2008

Hi

I need to move/upgrade one of our sql server (sql server 2000 SP4 on windows
server 2003) to a new sql server 2008  on  a new windows server 2003 R2 box.

What is the best way to upgrade move the databases /logins etc.
If I just backup and restore the database logins/passwords will not be
transfered.

dbdba

--
ontario, canada

db
There is upgrade advisor for sql server 2008 , search on interent

"db" <db@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I need to move/upgrade one of our sql server (sql server 2000 SP4 on
> windows
> server 2003) to a new sql server 2008  on  a new windows server 2003 R2
> box.
>
> What is the best way to upgrade move the databases /logins etc.
> If I just backup and restore the database logins/passwords will not be
> transfered.
>

> dbdba
>
> --
> ontario, canada

0
Uri
12/15/2009 1:23:26 PM
Hi Uri

I need how to use "SSIS Transfer Login Tasks". I need to Transfer logins
from sql server 2000 to sql 2008. Is there a webcaset or document that gives
step by step instructions.

dbdba
--
ontario, canada

"Uri Dimant" wrote:

> db
> There is upgrade advisor for sql server 2008 , search on interent
>

> "db" <db@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I need to move/upgrade one of our sql server (sql server 2000 SP4 on
> > windows
> > server 2003) to a new sql server 2008  on  a new windows server 2003 R2
> > box.
> >
> > What is the best way to upgrade move the databases /logins etc.
> > If I just backup and restore the database logins/passwords will not be
> > transfered.
> >

> > dbdba
> >
> > --
> > ontario, canada
>

> .

db
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/246133

> Hi Uri
>
> I need how to use "SSIS Transfer Login Tasks". I need to Transfer logins
> from sql server 2000 to sql 2008. Is there a webcaset or document that
> gives
> step by step instructions.
>
> dbdba
> --
> ontario, canada
>

> "Uri Dimant" wrote:
>
>> db
>> There is upgrade advisor for sql server 2008 , search on interent
>>

>> "db" <db@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > I need to move/upgrade one of our sql server (sql server 2000 SP4 on
>> > windows
>> > server 2003) to a new sql server 2008  on  a new windows server 2003 R2
>> > box.
>> >
>> > What is the best way to upgrade move the databases /logins etc.
>> > If I just backup and restore the database logins/passwords will not be
>> > transfered.
>> >

>> > dbdba
>> >
>> > --
>> > ontario, canada
>>

>> .

0
Uri

Outlook keeps fetching new headers
Outlook keeps fetching new headers daily at the same time, this usally errors out with The UID of a message changed unexpectedly. I have looked for Rules or filters that may cause this, but found nothing. Has anyone ever seen this problem ...

intelligent message filter moving everything to junk mail
i recently upgraded to exchange 2003 on a windows 2000 server and installed the intelligent message filter. no matter what i set the scl rating threshold for gateway blocking or store junk email configuration (in global settings/message delivery), every message that is sent from an external source gets automatically dumped into the junk e-mail folder in outlook. but when a message is sent from the same exchange box to another user on the same exchange, its fine. i also installed a utility that views the archived messages, but that utility shows a blank SCL rating. maybe thats why its ending ...

Problem with a drop down window for a ccomboboxex
Hello Everyone, I'm facing a problem with a CComboBoxEx.... I've implemented a deskband & i want to include a feature like the auto-suggest feature as in the google toolbar. My problem is that when some strings are populated in the drop down & I do a show drop down, my edit control in loses focus. I'm adding strings in my function (which is called in response to a CBN_EDITCHANGE message). After populating the strings, I call CMyCombobox->ShowDropDown (TRUE); But then, my edit box loses focus. If I do an immediate SetFocus (), my drop down window disappears. Any Idea ...

repost help windows error
I have uninstalled reinstalled three times - different directories - complete shutdown and restarts to no avail --------------------------- Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library --------------------------- Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\msmoney.exe abnormal program termination --------------------------- OK --------------------------- You can keep posting at 12 hour intervals and it will not make anybody more likely to know an answer to your issue. Note also that neither of your posts ever pose a question. This is not a common issue with a simple ans...

how to stop popup windows while my appn is running..
HI How to stop popup windows (e.g. messenger popups, x-popups,warning system messages) while running my MFC application ..?? i cud stop screensavers launch by using SystemParametersInfo() API. any help wud be thanked in advance. Neel maybe you can use a WM_SHELL hook, then you can know is a window is created (HSHELL_WINDOWCREATED), and stop his creation ... but this is not MFC programming see SetWindowsHookEx ...

2003 wont send new mail from default account
I am running Office Pro 2003 SP1 I have read several postings and accept that Outlook will reply to mails via the account the was received from. However, i have added a new account and set it as default, but mail still gets sent from my other account. This even happens when i select the account from within the new mail... the message says 'This message will be sent via mail.mydefaultdomain.com'.. but its actually gets sent via the non default account.. How do i sort this as it is really annoying.. On 19 Jan 2005 14:44:35 -0800, Winshent wrote: > I am running Office Pro 2003 SP1...

when i upgraded my files disapeared
i was using the beta for office 2003 and it expired on november30. i went out and bought 2003pro and tried to install it. the beta said that it needed to be uninstalled before i could install the full version. the beta didnt let me back up any information and when i uninstalled it it took all of its info and settings with it. i lost all contacts emails and settings. is there any i can get those back? >the beta said that it needed to be >uninstalled before i could install the full version. the >beta didnt let me back up any information and when i >uninstalled it it took all ...

moving Exchange 2003 mailboxes from multiple domains to one new do
My compnay has Exchange servers in three different domains. We have built a new domain and want to move all mailboxes into one exchange server in the new domain. We have let mailbox size get out of hand and some users have 2GB mailbox size. exporting old mailbox data to PST and importing into new exchange server is possible but would take forever (hundreds of users). any ideas how to streamline this process? or an alternate method of attack? On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:24:06 -0700, Kemper <Kemper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My compnay has Exchange servers in three different d...

Moving public folders on Exchange 5.5 to a new server in the same site.
All, I have 2 exchange 5.5 servers in the same site. I'm going to shut the orignal one down soon. What is the best way to move the public folders over to the public store on the new server? -- FastEddie Rockwell ---------------------------------- Check us out at: www.therockwells.net ----------------------------------- "Fast Eddie" <fasteddie@therockwells.net.no.spam.com> wrote in news:#1VO4cH$DHA.4072@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl: > I have 2 exchange 5.5 servers in the same site. I'm going to shut the > orignal one down soon. What is the best way to move the publ...

Can I convert an Outlook 2000 PST to Outlook 2003
We have upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. Is there a fast way to convert my old PST files to Outlook 2003 so that they are not limited to 2 GB size? I don't want to have to go through all of the folders on 30 computers and drag one folder at a time from the old file to the new file. Thanks, Joe I have had pretty good luck importing. Of course, when you import, you = will no longer have access to any custom forms, views, or Rules Wizard = rules.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.h...

New MicroSoft OFFICE: mac user
Hi I've just loaded the program; am in the process of switching over my old word processing. 1) friends are having trouble "reading" my "doc" attachments 2) I cannot light up & drag & drop more than a page of text. This is my preferred method due to low skills levels in some of my friends. Doubtless, I'm doing something wrong. My question is: what am I screwing up? thanks DM In article <1c3f801c4524d$d5370a10$a501280a@phx.gbl>, "Dennis M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > I've just loaded the program; am...

Error adding new contact from inside an account
When trying to add a new contact from inside an account the crm server throws an error. I am thinking this is an issue with the account to contact mapping, but when I try to view the relationship mapping under the contact entity the "mapping" option does not appear. -- Jesse Jesse, Please verify your server is fully patched and that you have restarted it. Jeff Loucks 888-474-2237 MVP "jmcelmury" <jmcelmury@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57B0A285-21DE-48BD-BF9F-49763E2E56CC@microsoft.com... > When trying to add a new contact from inside...

Send Receive window.
Can someone please help. When you send or receive an email you can click on Send/Receive and a little window pops up with a green info bar letting you know whats coming in, how many, etc. This doesn't work for me anymore. It will do it only when there is nothing coming in or out. It will flash up connect/authorise/disconnect very quickly. If I have mail coming in, it will tell me down the bottom right of my screen. If i click Send/Receive while mail is been received, say 15 times nothing will happen. However once the mail is received that box will flash up 15 times quickly at...

Windows xp updates question
When I try to update Windows XP IE will not load page. It's as if the page didn't exist. I go click on 'Tools/Window Update' but the MS update page will not be found. How can I fix this? Tony Alpha wrote: > When I try to update Windows XP IE will not load page. It's as if > the page didn't exist. I go click on 'Tools/Window Update' but the > MS update page will not be found. > > How can I fix this? Windows XP _____ Edition with Service Pack _ __-Bit? Internet Explorer version _? Assuming some 32-bit version of Windows XP...

weppart in popup window
Hi All, I have a custom webpart running on my sharepoint page. Is is possible to open this webpart in a popup window inside the sharepoint page. I just want to open only this webpart in popup window not the whole page in popwindow. your suggestion will be valuable for me. Thanks, Chandan Chandan, You could create a Web Part Page, put the single web part on it, and set the link to show in a new window. Using SP Designer, you could then customize the page so that only the body (i.e. web part) is displayed. "chandan" <ck.kislay@gmail.com> wrote in message ...

Exchange 2000/2003 Routing Problems
I recently added a new Exchange 2003 server to our 1 server Exchange 2000 org. I am able to send mail from the new Exchange 2003 server to the 2000 server. But when I send to the 2003 server the mail does not go delivered. I am assuming this is a routing issue. How can I troubleshoot this? Should each server be in a seperate routing group and use a routing group connector? They are currently i n the same routing group. Thanks, Forest In case anyone has this problem my STMP connector was setup to use a smart relay. I had to check the box that said attempt local delivery before using...

New discussion to increment the count, bwahahah
yeah ...

Append to MS SQL 2005 table
I'm getting a key violation error whenever I try and append records from a table in Access to a table on a MS SQL 2005 database. The SQL db's table has an IID field which is the primary key for the table (and the only indexed field in the table) and I am NOT trying to append records to the IID field with my INSERT INTO tImport(...) statement. It is a clustered index if that makes any difference. Since I can't seem to add the table and write to it without an index field, does anyone have any ideas why I am getting the error message Is the IID field an Identity/Autonumber t...

re: printer driver install on Windows 7 x64
I managed to get self-extracting exe to invoke the "Add Printer" wizard by starting a 64-bit executable that calls rundll32 and passes the "printui.dll,PrintUIEntry" command line. Unfortunately, after the driver is installed, the Windows "Program Compatibility Assistant" pops up a dialog box that says "The program might not have installed correctly". I did some research on MSDN regarding the PCA (Program compatibility assistant) and I quote: "The best option to exclude a program from PCA is to include, with the program, an applicatio...

Outlook 2000 Calendar Find won't work
When I try to use the "Find" command in Outlook 2000 Calendar I get a quick list of results then the screen clears to the "no items found" message. The "Find" command works in all other personal folders. Any idea what the problem is? ...

Copying to new sheet
Hi, I have 12 WORKBOOKS (not worksheet) all the same and you can mak entires into them of stock. I also have a master workbook - exactly the same as the 12 others. Is there a way of copying whatever someone enters into any one of th 12 into the master one automaticaly? for example, i enter something into book 1 and book 6 and then i loo at the master one and it's been updates for me with those entrie aswell. many thanks, Simon. :confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you have linked the master workbook to the others with formulas thi should automatically oc...

User's Mailboxes on same server and domain as CRM
Has anyone found a work around to the limitation that the CRM Exchange Router will only route mail from accounts that do not reside in your domain? In other words, if I use CRM as a helpdesk tool to support employees with in my organization, they can not send mail to helpdesk@mydomain.com and have that message routed to a queue w/ in CRM named helpdesk w/ the email address of helpdesk@mydomain.com -- Chris Meredith I am also interested as we would also like to use CRM as a helpdesk tool to support our employees. Darrell "Chris Meredith, CIO" <chris.meredith@allnettek.co...

how do I set up publisher 2000 to print business cards 10 per pag.
I can only get 4 on a page. When you are ready to print, in the print dialog, you will be able to change the page properties. Click page options, custom options, change the side margin to .75, change the top margin to .5, change the gaps to zero. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "yvette" <yvette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D4E614E-3F33-456D-B7D9-E1A8CD452C13@microsoft.com... >I can only get 4 on a page. Here's I do it with Publisher 2000. File Page Setup Special Si...

SQL 2005 and CRM 3.0
Hi all Just want to know if it is possible to install MSCRM 3.0 on one server and use a SQL 2005 server that is a standalone server is not part of the CRM AD domain. Is that possible and if so how does one configure it. No, the SQL server simply must be in same AD domain as the CRM server "chodeva" <chodeva@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1182438284.428768.197020@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hi all > > Just want to know if it is possible to install MSCRM 3.0 on one server > and use a SQL 2005 server that is a standalone server is not part of > the CRM ...

Outlook 2000 Error 550 Sender verify failed
Hello all We have one machine on our network that cannot send mail for some reason. Everytime this machine attempts to send mail using Outlook 2000 it fails, reporting the following error: "The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. Server response: '550 Sender verify failed'. (Account: 'Fred', smtp server: 'relay.clara.net', error number: 0x8000ccc79)." It is not a simple matter of setting the authentication on the outgoing mail server, as all the other machines on the network (also using Outlook 2000) do...