Mirroring - Read-Only Mode after database break

Has anyone had an issue where they have broken a database with the commands
below, and then had to run the additional commands because the database was
stuck in read-only mode?  This is for SQL 2005.

ALTER DATABASE [mirrorTest] SET PARTNER OFF
RESTORE DATABASE [mirrorTest] WITH RECOVERY

**********

alter database mirrorTest set offline with rollback immediate
alter database mirrorTest set online
ALTER DATABASE mirrorTest SET READ_WRITE

Re-install a database/company after deleting the DB in SQL EM.
Can anyone list all the tables that need to be cleaned out if a company database is deleted in Enterprise Manager before the company is deleted in GP? I have mistakenly done this and would like to clear everything out and set up that same database name again. No backup yet as it was a brand-new migration database ( a poor excuse I admit) that had the migration run on it. Thought we had it by clearing out the related company entries in the SY01500, DU0000xx, SY40500, SY40502? and a few more tables, but the new company setup still bombs on the very last step of the SQL setup (loading d...

Please help, Issues moving a CRM4 database to a new server and dom
Hi, I know there are a few posts here about this but nothing works for me. My Goal is to move a database to another server in another location with a different domain. Here is what I tried. I backed up the database on the current server (domain name: serverusa). I did backup both the MSCRM and the Config. First I tried to install MSCRM fresh on the new server (Domain name: server-ebm) I then checked it and I could access the CRM fine on the server using IE. Then I did go to the SQM management and restored the MSCRM database from a dump. After this I can access but it tells me "Inva...

Exchange 2003 replication-mirror?
Hi all, I sould like to replicate and/or mirror the instance of my Exchage 2003 app, with the one on another machine. Both machines are domain controllers and they are not in a cluster fomrulation. Which is the best solution for me? Thanks in advance, Panagiotis Try this link http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3DataRepl/bedf62a9-dff7-49a8-bd27-b2f1c46d5651.mspx "pnp" <pnpNOSPAM@softlab.ntua.gr> wrote in message news:OXaa0mw%23FHA.2176@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > I sould like to replicate and/or mirror the instance of my Excha...

Cant move my database :-(
When I move my ms access database to a new machine i get a message saying that the event proceedure on mousedown etc bla bla bla and the date fields do not populate. When I return to the pc i built the damn thing on it works like a dream! Anyone got any ideas? Cheers If you want help, you'd be best off saying exactly what "bla bla bla" is. It's like going to a mechanic and saying "my car did something: fix it". Is your application split into a front-end (containing the queries, forms, reports, macros and modules), linked to a back-end (containing the tables...

Pasword protected Excel file encrypted, how do I read this file?
I password protected an important file. My husband downloaded the Office 2003 upgrade last night. Now when I try to access the file I get this message...This is an Excel file, I don't know why it looks encrypted or why I can't access it. This file is not in a recognizable format. If you know the file is from another program which is incompatible with Microsoft Office Excel, click Cancel, then open this file in its orginal application. If you want to open the file later in Microsoft office Excel, save it in a format that is compatible, such as text format. If you suspect the...

Security Access to a database
my partner and I are the administrators of our database when it was 2003. We brought the database into 2007 and everything seemed alright till we created a backend database and used the frontend to input data as we did with no problems in 2003. Now it won't let us access the database, back or front end. Is there a way to wipe out the security settings and start clean? Bernie, Access 2007 requires that the files be in a Trusted Location. Have a look at... http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TrustedLocation.htm Oh, and you can't *wipe that out*. -- G...

Reading and writing UTF-8 files
I have to do some simple text editing to large-ish (2 Mbyte) html files generated by Word. They are, I believe, in UTF-8. It is the !%^&* problem where single apostrophes become sequences of funny characters, some spaces are shown as unprintable characters, etc. The following code just reads and writes a file, and shows the problem. It applies whether I use a String or a StringBuilder, and whether or not I explicitly force UTF-8 encoding. Can somebody just tell me basically how to copy an html file by reading it in and then writing it out, which is all the following meth...

MS CRM reading external database
Hi guys, If I have some transactional records sitting in an external database (outside of the MS CRM database), how can I: - create new fields in say, Opportunities, and have these fields read dynamically from this external database? - or alternatively, create a new table in the MS CRM database, have these new fields in Opportunities referenced/read from this new table? I can add new tables into the MS CRM database through Enterprise Manager, but Deployment Manager doesn't seem to be able to detect this new table. Urgently need input on this. Appreciate any reply at all! Thanks and ch...

copy database
Hi, Copying a database with SQL 2008 or R2 produces an error, since access in the destination folder for creating the new database is denied. In fact this destination folder is the default one, just the default "....DATA". Do I really need to re-configure initial security-settings to be able to copy a database with the standard copy-function? Thanks for your hint. Patrick Patrick D. (PatrickD@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > Copying a database with SQL 2008 or R2 produces an error, since access in > the destination folder for creating the new database ...

Page Breaks 02-07-08
Is it possible to insert a page break in a report header? Try it and report back with your results. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Bev" wrote: > Is it possible to insert a page break in a report header? You can insert a page break into a header so that part of the header prints on the next page, if that is what you mean, but it is hard to see why you would want to do that. Each section of a report, including the header, has a Force New Page property. Perhaps that is what you are seeking. "Bev" <Bev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Extract Contact Information direct from Exchange Database
Hi Is there a way to extract Contact details direct from the edb file? I know you can use Exmerge to PST mailboxes but am after searching a particular users contact items for a particular set of contact details only. Is this possible to do with Exmerge or any other facility? We have looked at using the Backup software to restore to a dummy mailbox but wondered if there is a facility we can use before going down that route. We don't want the user to know that this is happened, it is sensitive. We are also still on Exchange 5.5, NT4 SP6a. Thanks for any help nmcl72@blueyonder.co.uk ...

Business Management Error Move CRM 4.0 Database to Different Machi
Hi, I have backed up a CRM 4.0 _MSCRM and MSCRM_Config database from one machine and restored both on another machine ( Which had been useing a test database). After restoring both databases on the new host I used the Deployment Manger to import the restored database. After completing the import when I attempt to open CRM I get an error message saying " Business Management Error The user ID associated the current record is not valid" From the server where I'm logged an as Administrator On client PC I get the following. Server Error in '/...

address database question
I am setting up an address database in Excel 2003 that I need to be able to use to make labels for mailings. I have people that are in different "categories" and will want to group them by that category, depending on who I am sending the mailing to. For instance, I have a person, Person A, who is a general supporter, lives in the area, and sponsors a child. Person A is in three of the possible 5 categories. Another person, Person B, might be simply a general supporter (i.e., in one category). How can I best organize the data - and the headings - so that I can make labels ...

How to store E-mail content in a database
Hello, Cant the e-mail content be store in a database like access from outlook e-mail. I already read articles 181426 How to store outlook message in access database, but that only imports who sent the e-mail not what was in the e-mail. We are taking a survey on the web and the answer comes via e- mail to us. We want to store the answers into a database. Because we don't host our own website we cannot create the form in front page to do this. Any help you can give me would be appreciated. Thanks, Maritza. ...

deleted without being read
one of my users keeps getting a deleted without being read message from a message than had been created over a year ago. He is getting this message daily. Any idea how to stop that message from being created? Thanks. ...

Database Corruption?
Greetings, I have some Access 2002 applications that run on a server, front-end/back-end. I have run into a new problem since upgrading with the '30-day Trial' version of office 2003. While I can run my resident applications just fine, some network applications will not open. Access says they are corrupt! When I copy them to a local drive, I cannot repair them either. Yet these same files run just fine on Access 2002 machines on the network? Is there some setting I need to change in Access 2003? I own these files, yet cannot open or repair them? ...

can't create a blank database
When I click on new blank database, it opens as an MDE with 5 hidden and uneditable tables locked in. They are as follows. MSysAccessStorage, MSysACEs, MSysObjects, MSysQueries, MSysRelationships. How do I open just a blank Access database application so I can add tables and create/delete and do everything until I am ready to make as an MDE? On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 08:57:03 -0800, JGAMBLER <JGAMBLER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I click on new blank database, it opens as an MDE with 5 hidden and >uneditable tables locked in. They are as follows. MSysAccessStorage, &g...

How do i change 15 months to read 1 year and 3 months?
Can some one please provide a formula on how to change months into years and months? Example, I have 15 months in a cell, but would like the next cell to be read 1.3. meaning 1 year and 3 months. Thanks Marty With that format, how are you going to differentiate between 1 year and 1 month and 1 year and 10 months? The numbers 1.1 and 1.10 are indentical to Excel, so you can't accomplish the visual difference (1.1 vs 1.10) with formatting. =DOLLARFR(A1/12,12) will give you 1.01 and 1.10 for the above examples. You need to format the cell with 2 decimal places so you see 1.10, not just ...

Is RAID1 good enough for a local office database/file server (running Windows 2008 Server)? Or RAID5? Options
Hi Our IT suppliers are telling us that hard disks are now so reliable, that RAID1 good enough for a local office database/file server (running Windows 2008 Server)? Or should we go for RAID5 ? All feedback gratefully appreciated. With thanks Ship Shiperton Henethe Hi Shiperton, RAID 1 is at least equally reilable as RAID 5. Both configurations tolerate losing one disk. However, if you calculate statistically, chances are bigger that one drive will fail out of three (RAID 5) than one out of two (RAID 1). The same is statistically true that two drives will fai...

Page Break Preview
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel What happened to Page Break Preview in Excel 2008? This was an excellent feature but can't find it now. This view got replaced by the Page Layout view. On 30/07/08 23:27, in article 59b559ff.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "niles@officeformac.com" <niles@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > What happened to Page Break Preview in Excel 2008? This was an excellent > feature but can't find it now. -- Michel Bi...

Linking Excel to a Access database #2
Thanks I am giving it a try, it retireves the data ok, but it i difficult to try and set the table up, there are too many differen categories in the data! I will try and see if I can work this one out though..... Otherwise is there anyway that Excel functions can count data in a Access database without importing it -- martin ridle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- martin ridley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=803 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26695 ...

Outlook 2003 crashed when setup to use Cached Exchange Mode
I am experiencing a problem with several client users using Microsoft Office Oultook 2003, they try to setup the Cache Exchange Mode (Offline feature), but when they try to send a new message Outlook crash, and the program is close. Is there is a fix for it? The Mail system that we are using is Exchange 2000 with Outlook 2003 as a mail client. Any ideas or fixes it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Hector Mena wrote: > I am experiencing a problem with several client users using Microsoft > Office Oultook 2003, they try to setup the Cache Exchange Mode > (Offline fea...

Chart should read as blank cell not as 0,it shows blank but reads
A B c 1 Project Start Date Jan-10 2 Project Duration 25 3 Project Cost 1000000 In B6 i wriiten formula IF(ROWS($1:2)-1>C$2,"",ROWS($1:2)-1) In D6 i written formula IF(B6="","",B6/$C$2) in E6 i writtend formula IF(D6<=33.33%,(($I$1*D6^2)*100),IF(D6<=66.67%,($I$2*D6+$I$3),IF(D6>=66.67%,($I$4+$I$5*D6+$I$6*...

Reading Statement
I started using Money 2000 and can now download statement from my bank (Barclays). The problem is that for most transactions I have to go and manually set the category and/or subcategory because Payee name is dowloadded with a reference number. Is there a way to make Money recognise the Payee and set the category automatically regardless same Payee variancies? Thanks a bunch! Dren ...

over type mode on the tool bar
how do i put the over type mode on the tool bar Why not just use the Insert key to toggle it, or OVR on the status bar? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "John De Maria" <John De Maria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:365171FB-BEED-4BE6-A42D-45A9A0CB78AD@microsoft.com... > how do i put the over type mode on the tool bar ...