Maintenance plan in sql server 2008 management studio

Hi,

when I right mouse click on a certain maintenance plan and choose Modify,
The follow error popped up in a dialogue box.

Unexpected error: service
'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Designer.Interfaces.INVSDDesignerService' is not
available.
Make sure that the product is installed properly. (mscorlib).

Also on the server machine, we installed management studio for 2008, when we
expand the management menu, there is no 'Maintenance Plan' item listed.

 Please kindly advice what to do in both situations.

Pingx

Mailbox Management time stamps
I'm running Exchange 2003, on Windows server 2003. I have Mailbox Management set up and running.We had this running on Exchange 2000, before we changed to 2003. We clean up mailboxes only according to the age of the mail. Anything over a certain age gets deleted. When we did the upgrade, we put new 2003 servers in parallel with the old Exchange 2000 boxes, and moved the mailboxes to the new servers. My question is this: When we moved the mailboxes, did it reset the time stamp on all the mail, so that the retention period clock now starts over at zero? In other words...If we delete mail at...

Best way to implement a File server
Hello, I want to make an application which will be used as a file server. I know several ways to code it but I want to read other opinions about the best way to do it before starting to work. My client app should connect to a server (MFC app) to download a file (should work like a very-very small FTP server). It can query info about a file like TIMESTAMP, size, etc... and download it. Which is the best way to do it? And how to know when the file transmission is finished (send the file size first, send a "command" trough the socket to inform that the transmission is done). I am no...

Linq to sql question
Hi. I have some simple tables. - ER_Person table (Person_Id, LogonId, FirstName, LastName, EMail) - ER_Section table (Section_Id, SectionCode, SectionName) - ER_PersonSection table (Person_Id, Section_Id)- this table takes care of a many-to-many relationship between person and section. A person can be connected to several sections and this table makes that possible. I'm using vs2008 and the objectdesigner. In my application (Winforms) I retrieve a person: var person = ProjectGlobal.rd.ER_Persons.Single(c => c.LogonId == ALogonId.ToUpper()); This is retrieved by the us...

GP 9.0 Integration Manager sample case files
Can anyone help me get my hands on the sample data for the case labs? I was able to download the manual (from Microsoft Dynamics PartnerSource – Home – Training Materials – MBS Training & Certifications Link is https://mbs.microsoft.com/CMS/Templates/site/DLPP.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRNODEGUID=%7b4C1D48FA-4A70-4F7F-8A28-1D1C8B2F149D%7d&NRORIGINALURL=%2fpartnersource%2fcommunities%2ftraining%2ftrainingmaterials%2fstudent&NRCACHEHINT=Guest) but no one can figure out how to get the sample data. If I can't download it, do you know if I buy the Instructor Manual, would I ...

Printers connected to CUPS server crash when printing
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Whenever I try to print directly from an Office application (2008 for Mac on OS 10.5.7, same behaviour since original install), the printer crashes (no output, needs restart to continue with other print jobs). If I save as pdf (either in save as ... or print, save as pdf) and convert the file to ps using the pdf2ps utility, I can print out the ps file, but the following warning appears. **** Warning: File has an invalid xref entry: 9. Rebuilding xref table. **** This file had errors that were repaired or ignored. **...

Using POP3 in Outlook 2003, with PST from an Exchange Server
My client has POP3 set up on his Outlook 2003 and uses Personal Folder (pst) to handle our corporate Microsoft Exchange Server. A number of admin assistance would like to share, view and edit my client's calendar within the pst. Is this possible since the client's pst contains the PIM such as inbox, calendar, contacts etc ? I could not view any permissions tab on his side to enable others to access. Any thoughts? Sincerely, Donson Nope. PST are just that... personal... as in, only one person can have open at any given time. FWIW, the site invested in Microsoft Exchange. Inform...

convert lookup column from access to sql server express
I created a database and front end in access 2007. I am trying to migrate to sql server express 2005 with the same access front end. There is a lookup column in access 2007 database that I am going to replace with a lookup table and a relation table between the main table and the lookup table to hold the multiple links between them. I have a form that at the moment works well with the lookup column for obvious reasons (you get the list of available values along with the selected values for this particular record) I need to try to recreate this behavior somehow with the SQL ...

custom SQL import
I wrote a custom SQL import process to load data into 3 GP 9.0 tables. They are sc020030, sc020130, and sc020230. The data is loaded in that order. It looks like the existing data after it is loaded. I can also see it through the GP front end. I noticed after I ran the import, however, that some field labels on the GP input screen are now red. I don't remember this being the case prior to the import. I can navigate through the imported data and make / save changes through the front end. The work I did is on a dev box. When I log into the production box, the text fields are...

Finding SQL and connecing in SBS 08
I have SBS 08 network and each of my 4 branch offices has a server that is not running active directory, but each of those servers is running SQL Server 08 Express so that it can host a local only sql database for a job costing program. I get the error "can not find database or login permission is not correct" when the job costing program tries to look at the database. Is this an active directory problem or sql problem? The job costing software is trying to access the database using the same login as SA. Thanks, -- Clint Walker IT Manager Disco Try using sql...

Upgrade to Office 2008
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I purchased the Standard Edition of Office for Mac last December and understand that a cheap (or free?!) upgrade to 2008 is available before the end of March 2008. How do I get this? I have been told something about a 'redemption certificate' available on the website and instructions on how to use... can't find it or any reference to the upgrade (available in high street stores in the UK for �15+ if you purchased Office 2004 from them... which I didn't). Purchased Office 2004 through an authorized Mac resel...

Microsoft Visio Managed code Interop
I am tring to develope an Addin application for Visio. I want to develope the application in .NET (C#) so I tried using Visio SDK 2002 and "Microsoft Visio Managed code Interop". I have a problems implementing some simple functionallity that I had no problem implementing in VBA. Is there known problems when using the Interop? Does anybody know where I can find samples in C# for Visio? When will it be possible to work with Visio in the .NET platform without the Interop? Thanks "Roni" wrote: > I am tring to develope an Addin application for Visio. > I want to dev...

Need some help with Process Server
Can anyone give me some information about process server? I have a client that really needs this but I am having a hard time finding anything in the Microsoft knowledge base or on the Partner 3rd party refernce site. Any information or pointed int he right direction would be very helpful and very much appreciated. -- TC Process Server is a Microsoft Dynamics GP component - unless of course, you are not talking about THAT process server. You can find information about process server in Part 3 of the Microsoft Dynamics GP System Administrator's Guide. Best regards,...

SQL report as dashboard to filter for Current user cannot user CRMAF_
First off I cannot use the default filters because the report is being generated for a dashboard and not a CRM Report, however it is being created via an SRS Report. I simply need a way to filter the report for the current user only, I found this query which gives the system user but this will not match up to the Account owner because of its format. select fullname from FilteredSystemUser where domainname = SUSER_SNAME() Gives: CRM Admin I need, Admin, CRM ...

Need to find Jan. 2008 calendar/insert in Publisher doc?
I have a small business, and I am just learning Pub. 2007. I'm trying to find a monthly calendar that can be inserted into my Publisher invoice, as an object...because I use print invoices. All the templates in Pub. seem to use the current month. Select the "Apply a Template" from the Format Publication task pane, choose one of the wallet size calendar found at the end of the calendars. The Options are on the right, scroll down to change the date range. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dorisi...

Client is goofed up after SB Server 2003 install
The clients in the network were previously setup peer to peer in a workgroup. One of the computers Outlook situation is messed up. I just set this server up for GP and extra firewall protection. 1> When I go to send an email and click on to it brings up the Global address list which has nothing in it. I then have to scroll down to contacts where my email addresses are. Can I change this to come up correctly right away. 2> When I send my first email of the day it usually sends from the default address within the exchange server which is not a real address and gets bounced...

Splitting Domain Controller & Exchange 2003 from a single server
Hello, I'm looking at reorganizing and splitting services from my current servers onto some new servers. I'm wondering what the best approach is to do this. THE CURRENT SCENARIO: ----------------------- - I have 2 servers currently: 1) BDC - This is my "main" domain controller (ie has all the FSMO roles, etc). It is also a GC, EXCHANGE 2003 server, File Server, VPN server, and DNS server for active directory. There are NO exchange service packs on the machine. Also, there are NO server 2003 (OS) service packs on this machine either. 2) XENA - This is just a second domai...

CRM Server crash
Hello, Someone unplugged the power cord from our test CRM Server while I was publishing some changed with the Deployment Manager. After rebooting, whenever I try to acces the app I've got the following popup: "An error occured. For more information, contact your system administrator". I don't know from where to start in order to recover my system... If someone has an idea... Thanks a lot Eric First thing to try would be to publish all the objects again. This should clear it up. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ----------------...

ValidPorts on RPC Proxy Server
Hi! I have Front-End and Back-End Exchange 2003 with SP1. On Front-End I have installed RPC Proxy and deployed RPC-HTTP on both of Exchange servers.. You know, Front-End (also RPC Proxy) searches automatically for ports on Back-End Exchange and registered them under ValidPorts registry key. But I do not want that Fron-End search theses ports automatically. I want to modify them manually. How can I disable automatically valid port search on Front-End (RPC Proxy)? Best Regards Mustafa Mustafa - If you want to manually maintain the RPC/HTTPS topology configuration in Exchange 2003 SP1, simp...

How to delete or flush Servers Queues for exch 2003 ?
I have just discovered that there are tons of garbage mails queuing under the Server Queue (i.e. Exchange System Manager: Administrative Group -> ServerN -> Queues ->queueX). To avoid flooding the Internet, I have frozen/Disabled the server's outbound mail. Can someone tell me how to delete the queues manually or flush the mails in the queues ? Thanks. Leo "> Can someone tell me how to delete the queues manually or flush the mails in > the queues ? > > Thanks. > > Leo I'm still learning the ins-n-outs of Exch2K3, but I think that MS KB artic...

VSTO 2008 how to bind Form Region controls to Item data fields
Hi, perhaps it's so obvious that I don't see it, but I searching the web now for about an hour and don't find an answer. I'm using Outlook 2007. So far I used VS2005 and designed my Form Regions with the Outlook Form Designer. Now I wanted to try the new VS2008 and I'm excited how easy the generation of an Add-In is BUT: I can add a new Form Region, fine, but how do I add Controls that are bound to the Item Data Fields like a text control that is bound the the "Subject" field of its Outlook Item?? Also how can I add "Outlook Specific cont...

Exchnage server 2000 unable to retrieve mail received on server
I am brand new to Advanced Server 2k and Exchange 2k but I have completed a set up of both. My problem is that I can send e-mail to my address and it arrives at the server (I can see this in the System Manager) I can successfully (according to my logs) log into the server using Outlook 2003 using pop3 account settings. But i dont see any e-mail. Further to this I can log into my Outlook Web Access and send an e-mail to myself (or any other user on the server) but I cant see those E-mail in OWA or Outlook client. I am able to send e-mail to the outside world with no problems or errors using b...

Can't retrieve mail from server when send/receive
I am unable to retrieve the email messages that are waiting to be downloaded from my server using Outlook 2K2. Settings are correct. Firewall blocks nothing. No viruses. I can send mail fine. I've tried everything! it is definately a problem with just the Outloook software, as I have succesfully downloaded messages using other email apps on that same PC and other PC's as well. There is no error message, it's just when you click on Send/Receive it appears that there are no emails to be downloaded (all tasks are completed successfully). Even though when I check the mail ser...

Changing the IP of the Dynamics server
I am wanting to move the current Dynamics server to a different subnet on our network which will obviously cause me to change the IP address of the server. Will this cause a problem with Dynamics at all? Does it even care about what it's IP address is? The name of the server will NOT change. Thanks. Ron So long as name resolution is successful, it is not a problem. I have seen instances in the past when the SQL client was configured to use the IP Address. just check for that in case you run into problems. HS -- www.DynExtra.com A resource for the Microsoft Dynamics Community Fe...

XSLT planning for next release
Hi, We are planning what features /improvements need to go in the next release for XSLT. We are making these decisions based on customer input and feedback. So I would like to hear your views on what you would like to see in the release of XSLT. We are evaluating XSLT 2.0 - 1. Do we need to support XSLT 2.0 ? 2. What are the most useful features of XSLT 2.0 that you would like to see implemented? (like grouping , support for datetime etc) 3. Do you believe support for the entire 2.0 spec is useful? If yes , why? XSLT over large documents - 1. What are some of the large doc...

Connecting an Exchange 2003 server to an Exchange 5.5 Server
I would like to be able to syncronize the directories of 2 different exchange organizations. One site is running 2 exchange 5.5 servers in the same site on an NT4 domain. The other is running a native mode active directory 2000 network with Exchange 2003. I want to do this directory syncronization by using the internet mail connector. To further complicate matters, the exchange 5.5 organization is using frontbridge for inbound mail filtering, and there exchange 5.5 servers send outbound mail directly. The exchange 2003 organization uses an ISP to filter there inbound/outbound mail...