load cobol file to sql table

hi,

Anyone knows how to load a cobol file to sql server table?

I tried bulk insert, I got problem with the special char 3 small square + /
If I select the records I don't see any char after 3 sqare + /

thanks,

0
Mecn

Don't know the file structure, but if it's a some form of fixed-width or
delimited file you can use SSIS, or you can use BULK INSERT/bcp with a
format file.

"Mecn" <mecn@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> Anyone knows how to load a cobol file to sql server table?
>
> I tried bulk insert, I got problem with the special char 3 small square +
> /
> If I select the records I don't see any char after 3 sqare + /
>

> thanks,

0
Michael

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Proper Table(s) Layout
I have created a couple of Dbs which the table structure seemed to simply fall into place, it was just logical in my head. That said, I am working on a new db and for some reason I am doubting myself and wanted a second opinion. The db is basically a contract db to input all the info, and there is a lot of info, for each contract. Where I am 'lost' is the fact that the contracts are broken into categories: clients, components,engineering, warantee... For all of the components (with the exception of clients) there are a number of fields but only 1 entry per contract....

Fax Icon on my File menu and toolbar

Table link documentation

Outlook receiving zip files

unable to read file #7

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

Duplicate record in RM tables
We experienced an issue in Apply Sales Document that may have caused a duplicate record somewhere. We found this when running Paid Sales Transaction Removal and received this message: Violation of PRIMARY KEY contraint PKRM3101. Cannot insert duplicate key in object RM30101. I ran the RM duplicate tool found in the automated help area of this website and found the following: --- Begin copy here ---- Duplicates between RM Open and RM History Document #: 07-003021-17 Customer #: 079100 RMDTYPAL #: 7 --- End copy --- It looks like the duplicte tool also logs the qu...

Outlook won't load
Using Outlook 2000 on Windows XP. Often have to click 7 or 8 times to get it to load. Other programs (Word, IE load instantly). What to do? Once running, bring up yr Win task mngr - Cntrl+Alt+Del - and check running process to see how many instances of Outlook.exe are running. If more than one instance, end the multiple instances to leave a single instance, then run Detect/Repair. Also do you have any Com Addins?, if so disable these and test. May help, David "Jo" <jkister@pageville.com> wrote in message news:003601c35c8c$e0f9f400$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Using Outlook ...

Exporting contacts in a csv file

Publisher can not save file

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Error loading XML into DataSet

SQL Server Connection Failed
Hi everybody, this is my scenario: 1. Windows Server 2008 2. WSS 3.0 + MOSS 2007 3. SQL Server 2008. i'm having this problem: "Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: An error occurred while evaluating the password. [CLIENT: 72.55.191.137]". in this momment i can't see any application from sharepoint. somebody knows how can i do? i don't change the sa password. i don't change anything in the sharepoint configuration. since two days ago i'm having this problem. pls, is very urgent, because i have to deliver this server the next monday to the...

Pivot Table Defaults
In the pivot table field list, whenever I create a new pivot table and I am inserting fields into the value area, I generally get as default field setting the 'Count' value. Is there a way to format the spreadsheet to make Excel recognize the data as all numbers so it defaults to the "Sum" function as opposed to "text"? Hi The rule that the PT Wizard adopts is, If all the values in the field being added to the data area are Numeric, then it uses Sum. If any of the values are Text or BLANK, then it uses Count. It sounds as though you have defin...

Like a pivot table
Hello every body I'm first time requesting in this group, so I opologize in advance for any mistakes or something annoying I repeat what I have sent before 10 min because I see it unclear when it goes to news group If any one can help me I'm working with data which most of it comes like a table with feilds as columns and records as rows. I want it to be as many rows with each feild an example what is exist name age Joining Date Tele John 20 Jun-90 4321251 Iqbal 30 Jul-95 6583752 George 40 Sep-85 7843125 What I wa...

Backing up databases on remote SQL
Hi, I recently followed one of the MS articles on how to move GP 9 sql database to a different server. Everything went well except when trying to run the backup option from the GP9 server. I currently have a server with GP9 installed and another server with SQL and the GP databases. When I try to run the backup from the backup option on the GP server it says " You must be on the server machine to perform this task". presume this is because the SQL is no longer on that server. The SQL server has a backup routine of its own, but I would like our finance users to have the ability...