How to set locks to 0

HI
Under SQLServer2005 Advanced Properties - Parallelism, I need to set Locks
to zero (0) because I suspect that 5000 locks that it shows actualy, have
triggered the following error: "the instance of the sql Server Database
Engine cannot obtain a LOKC resource at this time. Rerun your statement when
there are fewer users...."

I appreciate all your wise suggestions.

LAM

0
LAM

LAM (luism0@(arroba)yahoo.es) writes:
> Under SQLServer2005 Advanced Properties - Parallelism, I need to set
> Locks to zero (0) because I suspect that 5000 locks that it shows
> actualy, have triggered the following error: "the instance of the sql
> Server Database Engine cannot obtain a LOKC resource at this time. Rerun
> your statement when there are fewer users...."

EXEC sp_configure 'locks', 0; RECONFIGURE

But I think you are looking in the wrong column; when I run sp_configure
(without parameters), I see 5000 in the locks column.

Then again, that would mean that you have a bigger problem...

Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at
Erland
8/11/2010 7:49:00 AM
Thanks a lot, after execute this sp and restart the server, all processes
worked fine !

LAM

"Erland Sommarskog" <esquel@sommarskog.se> escribi� en el mensaje
> LAM (luism0@(arroba)yahoo.es) writes:
>> Under SQLServer2005 Advanced Properties - Parallelism, I need to set
>> Locks to zero (0) because I suspect that 5000 locks that it shows
>> actualy, have triggered the following error: "the instance of the sql
>> Server Database Engine cannot obtain a LOKC resource at this time. Rerun
>> your statement when there are fewer users...."
>
> EXEC sp_configure 'locks', 0; RECONFIGURE
>
> But I think you are looking in the wrong column; when I run sp_configure
> (without parameters), I see 5000 in the locks column.
>
> Then again, that would mean that you have a bigger problem...
>

> --
> Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se
>
> Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx
> Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at

LAM

Net Framework 2.0 is not supported with Microsoft CRM Connector fo
Has anyone been successful installing the 2.0 framework on the CRM server when using the GP connector? The documentation states: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 is not supported with Microsoft CRM Connector for Microsoft Dynamics GP Does this mean I cannot install the framework on the CRM server, or the integration server, or both? I'd like to upgrade our web server to SharePoint 3.0, but I cannot because CRM is on the same device. Is there a service pack to fix this problem, or has anyone found a way around it? ..NET 1.1 and 2.0 applications should be able to work on the same mac...

Outlook XP Menu Locks
Odd issue has just popped up. Outlook XP on a few different computers this week all ahve gotten the same issue. While working in a new email, or while a few emails or drafts are open, the toolbars and menus all become locked. Can't click on any of them. Hot keys like Ctrl + C don't work either. The only option is to close down all of the drafts or messages opened to get it working again. This just started this past week and is happening on multiple machines. What is weird, we have Access 97 on these computers as well. It too is doing the same behaviour while c...

setting timeout in XML controls
Is there a way to set a timeout in either MSXML or in .NET's XML classes? --Buddy Hi, If you're using MSXML4.0 take a look at the ServerXMLHTTP: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xmlsdk/htm/xml_mth_sz_0cj7.asp Regards, Ion Vasilian -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm. "Buddy Ackerman" <buddy@buddyackerman.com> wrote in message news:uHqaoAkmDHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

Need help bring over GP 7.0 data to new a GP 8.0 server.
I'm setting up a GP 8.0 Test Server with SQL 2000 SP3a installed. How do I bring my Great Plains 7.0 Data into the GP 8.0 envirnoment? Thanks in advance, The easiest way is the following: On the 7.0 server, detach DYNAMICS. Copy the DYNAMICS mdf and ldf file from the 7.0 to the 8.0 server. On the 8.0 server, attach and browse to the mdf that you copied. On the 7.0 server, attach DYNAMICS. Repeat for all databases. If you also need the sql logins from the 7.0 server, there is a TK on how to do this (uses a table called RecoveryMaster within Dynamics db). If you can go without the s...

CRM 4.0 records reverting to old state; caused by upgrade, rollup?!?
Hi all, A quick timeline before explaining my issue: - We installed CRM 3.0 a couple of years back. We imported old data from ACT! and used a custom drop down field with the value "Migrated from ACT!" to distinguish. - Users have put in a lot of work cleaning up those records, merging when necessary, assigning to right owners... - At some point we installed rollup 1 for 3.0 successfully. - Last year, mid-December, we upgraded to CRM 4.0 (I believe) successfully. - A month later, mid-January, we installed rollup 1 for CRM 4.0. - A few months later, some users were complaining about d...

cannot install Office 2001 Combo update 9,0,4
When I try to launch it on my G4, the Classic Environment is automatically launched. Then I get the following message: "The default location for this install cannot be found.This install will be cancelled." I have no trouble with other installs. Hi It sounds like you may have put your Office 2001 installation in a place other than the default location and the updater can't find it. Is that possible? -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Thanks. About Microsoft MVPs: http://www.mvps.org/ Search for help with the free Googl...

surveys in ms crm 4.0
we want to develop a survey application in ms crm 4.0 . IS there any way to do it ??? If yes then how ?? thanks in advance If this is a "permanent survey" like a customer satisfaction survey sent after each resolved case, then you can create a custom entity and link it to the relevant entity (case in this example). Secondly, create a custom aspx application which collects this survey information and uses the CRM web services to create a record for that. "nafees ahmed" wrote: > we want to develop a survey application in ms crm 4.0 . IS there any way to > do ...

File in Use
Here's a bit of an odd one. We have a report from one group of users about an issue they are having with opening files in a particular directory on one of our file servers (Windows Server 2003 SP1 in 2003 Domain). When the user (client is Windows xP SP2, Office 2003) attempts to open an excel file in this directory that is opened by another user, they get the usual "File in Use" prompt (with - Read Only, Notify and Cancel as options). Usually in such a situation it will say "Filename.xls is locked for editing by 'username'." but for some reaon the usernam...

Set One Field based On Another Field
I think I have a pretty simple request. I am looking for some script to put on an on exit field. Here is what I need it to do: When a value is put in say $550, if this is greater than a specified limit in the code I need it to set Field2 to Yes. So if field1 > 500 set field2 = yes Real world example: I have a dollar amount of credit to give to a customer, I want to auto populate the approval required field with a yes. Your help is appreciated. Brent, Try: IIf([Field1]>500,[Field2]="Yes") However if the field is a Bit data type then IIf([Field1]&...

CRM 4.0: Deleting system views
In CRM 4.0 I cannot find a way to hide or delete system views (Accounts: No Orders in Last 6 Months). In CRM 3.0, you could work around this by sharing with a "dummy" user, which would hide it from the rest of the users. I cannot find such a work-around in 4.0; has anyone else? Hi Mike, You can read my blog on how to hide it using a Plugin. http://msdynamicscrm-e.blogspot.com/2008/02/hiding-view-in-crm-40-using-plug= -in.html Hope this helps! Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Apr 18, 1:38=A0pm, MikePSU <mike.szyme...@gmail.com> wrote: > I...

Set recipent address to smtp instead of Exchange/x400 ?
Is there a settting that I can change to set the recipient or to address to always show as an smtp address instead of the Exchange/X400 address? what version of Exchange? smtp is the default protocol for Exchange 2000/2003... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Jibril Esa" <jesa@conarc.com> wrote in message news:#lwYvtijGHA.3440@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there a settting that I can change to set the recipient or to address > to always show as an smtp address instead of the Exchange/X400 address? > > In exchange 2003 environment or exchange 2000. when I pull t...

Set up sending same message everyday
I need help on how to set my outlook to send a message to the same group everyday Thanks DK ...

What is Excel hotkey for cell lock, C1 to $c$1
I recall a hotkey that can lock all the cell references in a formula. ex. A1+B1 to $A$1+$B$1 the F4 function key "BLUTO" wrote: > I recall a hotkey that can lock all the cell references in a formula. > ex. A1+B1 to $A$1+$B$1 Select the formula (or a part of a formula) in the formula bar, and press F4 to cycle between the 4 reference styles. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "BLUTO" <BLUTO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B63B604-B495-4B8D-A791-060613174EA6@microsof...

Get external data locks csv file
I have a scenerio where I am querying a csv file off from a network drive using excel. This file is appended with information written by another computer. When I import a text file using a database query with the microsoft text driver I intermittently experience a permission denied on the computer writing to this csv file. There is no need for excel to lock the csv file qhen querying (as I am not writing to the file). I modified the DSN file to add readonly=1 which did not work. How can I resolve this issue? Thanks for your help. Dustin ...

Re: Money 5.0-Error Updating Stock Quotes
When trying to update stock quotes via the internet, it no longe recognizes the stock symbols (this began happening sometime i Feb/March 2004). I've used the update feature in ver 5.0 for ~ 8 year without problems and have not changed any settings. Anyone have solution (other than the obvious....upgrade!) - tbridg ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message593303.htm In microsoft.public.money, tbridge wrote: ...

Can't set hyperlink to Word bookmark
Excel 2007 (& Word 2007) Vista Enterprise SP1 This topic has been covered re older versions of Excel, with no definitive answer. I want to hyperlink a certain Excel cell to a specific point in a Word document. I select the cell, hit Ctrl-k, and navigate to the file. The path and file appear in the address problem. I then press the Bookmark button. The following message appears: "Microsoft Office Excel could not open this file or could not parse a file of this type." [Why not? It's the same Office version?] The Show Help button unhelpfully says that certai...

Setting a calendar field to disabled
Hello I have a date field called "followupby". Once the user selects a date then saves the form, I need the field to be disabled so the user can no longer select another date. I have set the code in the onsave event to: crmForm.all.new_textfield.disabled = true; I have also tried: crmForm.all.new_textfield.readOnly = true; but when I publish and test, the calendar button is still available to user. What have I done wrong? ...

Default font setting
Can some one please tell me how to change the default font setting in Publisher 2003 I tried to install default text add-inn but couldn't get it to work. Try this instead http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "desav" <desav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F12FE189-AC5E-47EC-A19C-36CFAC932E72@microsoft.com... > Can some one please tell me how to change the default font setting in > Publisher 2003 > I tried to install default...

mouse locked
when I click on a cell it becomes locked. Moving the mouse highlights any other cell moved over. The only way to get out of excel once a cell is clicked is via the task manager. I have tried pressing F8 with no luck Try clicking the wheel on the mouse, if your mouse has a wheel. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "jl" <jl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F83B12EF-B403-4FDF-83F5-42546FD850E4@microsoft.com... > when I click on a cell it becomes locked. Moving the mouse > highlights...

Multiple Bins in eEntyerprise 7.0
Is anyone using the Multi Bin capabilities in Greta Plains? I've reviewed the on-line information but I'd like to get a users perspective such as how does Sales Orders handle allocations and is there consideration for Lot/Expiration dates? ...

Unable to set interactive property Smartlist Execl
When trying to send a Smarlist to Excel we are getting an error message "Unable to set interactive property of the application class". Does anyone ahve any ideas on this one? Hi Rich, There are some cases that it is faster to reinstall GP than to troubleshoot why thus fails on your workstation. Just make sure you un-install first prior to reinstalling using local administrator account on the machine. Cheers, Dennis Araullo, MACS MCTS GP,CRM,AX MCTIP Database Administrator 2008 CCEA "Rich Wheeler" wrote: > When trying to send a Smarlist to Excel we are getting ...

RMS 2.0 and ingenico i6550
Reading the posts I understand that i 6550 is compatible with RMS 2.0. Is it compatible out of the box? OR Does it have to be encrypted by the CC processor just like other pinpads like Verifone 1000SE? My credit card processor National City bank which is part of "Bank of America" states that ingenico is not compatible with their network VISANET/VITAL. Where as my integrator states that it works with RMS 2.0. Now this is very confusing and I do not want to invest anything before making sure. Can you experts let me know and explain what I need to do to make it work? any caut...

Steps for Updating GP 7.5 to GP 9.0
Hi Need the procedure for updating tables of GP 7.5 running on SQL 2000 to GP 9.0. Assuming data exists in GP 7.5 How about: Read the upgrade manual and the latest updates to the process that are posted in Customersource. -- Lyle U Sandeep wrote: > Hi > Need the procedure for updating tables of GP 7.5 running on SQL 2000 > to GP 9.0. Assuming data exists in GP 7.5 ...

How do I set the time before a hilighted email is marked "read"
I recall a previous email system that let me set how many seconds I viewed and email before he showed as "read". Can I set this in Outlook? Maybe try this: 1.. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Other tab. 2.. Click Reading Pane. 3.. Select the Mark items as read when viewed in the Reading Pane check box, and then type a number in the Wait n seconds before marking item as read box. >WT< "Ken" <Ken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60FF3286-B05D-4762-96E8-5D36FD0E3C4B@microsoft.com... >I recall a pre...

setting rules in exchange manager
how can a set up rules in Exchange manager to filter keywords in the subject line to distribute to certain distribution groups. For example if in the subject line it says Sales it would email just the Sales distribution list? I want to set this up for our Sales, Service, and Parts Departments. Our main branch sends out emails with those keywords in the subject line so that a filter can be set. I'm just not sure how to set that. You can't (natively w/Exchange). -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- &qu...