How to restore Point In Time in this situation ?

Hi,

We are new to SQL Server 2008.

We make daily FULL backup of production database at night and
transaction log backup every hour by maintenance plan.

We also grant privilege to run FULL Database Backup by using the
following SQL:
BACKUP DATABASE [Finance_Live] TO DISK = N'D:\FINBackup\FLIVE.bak' WITH INIT

We have tested the script above for a number of times between 4:00pm and
4:45pm.

When we attempt to restore the backup (FLIVE.BAK) to a new database (For
testing), we find that we have to use the FLIVE.BAK instead of the FULL
Backup last night + All today's transaction log backup.

When we attempt to restore the database Point In Time to 4:25pm, SQL
Server chooses the FLIVE.BAK File (at 4:23pm) and transaction Log.  Sine
that FLIVE.BAK at 4:25pm is overwritten by the later backup (The latest
one is 4:47pm), we get the following error message:

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management
Studio------------------------------ Restore failed for Server
'SERVER1'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.SmoExtended) For help, click:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=10.0.2531.0+((Katmai_PCU_Main).090329-1015+)&EvtSrc=Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.ExceptionTemplates.FailedOperationExceptionText&EvtID=Restore+Server&LinkId=20476
------------------------------ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: The specified STOPAT time is too early.
Allor part of the database is already rolled forward beyond that
point.(Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo) For help, click:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=10.0.2531.0+((Katmai_PCU_Main).090329-1015+)&LinkId=20476
------------------------------BUTTONS: OK------------------------------

We would like to know is there any way to restore Point In Time to
4:25pm ?  We did have full backup last night + all transaction log today.

Thanks again.
0
Patrick

http://www.karaszi.com/SQLServer/info_restore_no_truncate.asp

"Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We are new to SQL Server 2008.
>
> We make daily FULL backup of production database at night and transaction
> log backup every hour by maintenance plan.
>
> We also grant privilege to run FULL Database Backup by using the following
> SQL:
> BACKUP DATABASE [Finance_Live] TO DISK = N'D:\FINBackup\FLIVE.bak' WITH
> INIT
>
> We have tested the script above for a number of times between 4:00pm and
> 4:45pm.
>
> When we attempt to restore the backup (FLIVE.BAK) to a new database (For
> testing), we find that we have to use the FLIVE.BAK instead of the FULL
> Backup last night + All today's transaction log backup.
>
> When we attempt to restore the database Point In Time to 4:25pm, SQL
> Server chooses the FLIVE.BAK File (at 4:23pm) and transaction Log.  Sine
> that FLIVE.BAK at 4:25pm is overwritten by the later backup (The latest
> one is 4:47pm), we get the following error message:
>
> TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management
> Studio------------------------------ Restore failed for Server 'SERVER1'.
> (Microsoft.SqlServer.SmoExtended) For help, click:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=10.0.2531.0+((Katmai_PCU_Main).090329-1015+)&EvtSrc=Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.ExceptionTemplates.FailedOperationExceptionText&EvtID=Restore+Server&LinkId=20476 -
> -----------------------------ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: The specified STOPAT time is too early.
> Allor part of the database is already rolled forward beyond that
> point.(Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo) For help, click:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=10.0.2531.0+((Katmai_PCU_Main).090329-1015+)&LinkId=20476 -
> -----------------------------BUTTONS: OK------------------------------
>

> We would like to know is there any way to restore Point In Time to 4:25pm
> ?  We did have full backup last night + all transaction log today.
>
> Thanks again.

0
Uri
3/16/2010 10:19:29 AM
Hi,

You may also want to look at WITH COPY_ONLY:

Jon

"Patrick" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are new to SQL Server 2008.
>
> We make daily FULL backup of production database at night and
> transaction log backup every hour by maintenance plan.
>
> We also grant privilege to run FULL Database Backup by using the
> following SQL:
> BACKUP DATABASE [Finance_Live] TO DISK = N'D:\FINBackup\FLIVE.bak' WITH INIT
>
> We have tested the script above for a number of times between 4:00pm and
> 4:45pm.
>
> When we attempt to restore the backup (FLIVE.BAK) to a new database (For
> testing), we find that we have to use the FLIVE.BAK instead of the FULL
> Backup last night + All today's transaction log backup.
>
> When we attempt to restore the database Point In Time to 4:25pm, SQL
> Server chooses the FLIVE.BAK File (at 4:23pm) and transaction Log.  Sine
> that FLIVE.BAK at 4:25pm is overwritten by the later backup (The latest
> one is 4:47pm), we get the following error message:
>
> TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management
> Studio------------------------------ Restore failed for Server
> 'SERVER1'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.SmoExtended) For help, click:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=10.0.2531.0+((Katmai_PCU_Main).090329-1015+)&EvtSrc=Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.ExceptionTemplates.FailedOperationExceptionText&EvtID=Restore+Server&LinkId=20476
> ------------------------------ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: The specified STOPAT time is too early.
> Allor part of the database is already rolled forward beyond that
> point.(Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo) For help, click:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=10.0.2531.0+((Katmai_PCU_Main).090329-1015+)&LinkId=20476
> ------------------------------BUTTONS: OK------------------------------
>

> We would like to know is there any way to restore Point In Time to
> 4:25pm ?  We did have full backup last night + all transaction log today.
>
> Thanks again.
> .

Whenever the GUI acts up on you, do it yourself. I have read the post
several times, but I can't make heads or tails of what backups you produced
and what are still available (those not available has been overwritten using
INIT, perhaps). If you can post such a description, it would be much easier
for us to help. Something like:

13:00 Full
13:30 Log
14:40 Log
14:45 Full (no longer available - overwritten)
14:50 Log

With above information, we will be able to tell you what restore options you
have. Note that the GUI will only base its restore suggestion on backup
history - it will not verify that the stuff is still there....

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp

> Hi,
>
> We are new to SQL Server 2008.
>
> We make daily FULL backup of production database at night and transaction
> log backup every hour by maintenance plan.
>
> We also grant privilege to run FULL Database Backup by using the following
> SQL:
> BACKUP DATABASE [Finance_Live] TO DISK = N'D:\FINBackup\FLIVE.bak' WITH
> INIT
>
> We have tested the script above for a number of times between 4:00pm and
> 4:45pm.
>
> When we attempt to restore the backup (FLIVE.BAK) to a new database (For
> testing), we find that we have to use the FLIVE.BAK instead of the FULL
> Backup last night + All today's transaction log backup.
>
> When we attempt to restore the database Point In Time to 4:25pm, SQL
> Server chooses the FLIVE.BAK File (at 4:23pm) and transaction Log.  Sine
> that FLIVE.BAK at 4:25pm is overwritten by the later backup (The latest
> one is 4:47pm), we get the following error message:
>
> TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management
> Studio------------------------------ Restore failed for Server 'SERVER1'.
> (Microsoft.SqlServer.SmoExtended) For help, click:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=10.0.2531.0+((Katmai_PCU_Main).090329-1015+)&EvtSrc=Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.ExceptionTemplates.FailedOperationExceptionText&EvtID=Restore+Server&LinkId=20476 -
> -----------------------------ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: The specified STOPAT time is too early.
> Allor part of the database is already rolled forward beyond that
> point.(Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo) For help, click:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=10.0.2531.0+((Katmai_PCU_Main).090329-1015+)&LinkId=20476 -
> -----------------------------BUTTONS: OK------------------------------
>

> We would like to know is there any way to restore Point In Time to 4:25pm
> ?  We did have full backup last night + all transaction log today.
>
> Thanks again.

0
Tibor
3/16/2010 11:11:12 AM
Dear all,

Many thanks for your advice.

02:00 Full (Maintenance Plan)
07:00 Log
14:00 Log
15:00 Log
16:00 Log
16:02 Full (Manual / No longer available - overwritten)
16:15 Full (Manual / No longer available - overwritten)
16:23 Full (Manual / No longer available - overwritten)
16:45 Full (Manual)
17:00 Log

Is there any way to restore database point in time to 16:25 by using
0:2:00 Full + Transaction Logs ?

Thanks again
Patrick

On 16/03/2010 10:11 PM, Tibor Karaszi wrote:
> Whenever the GUI acts up on you, do it yourself. I have read the post
> several times, but I can't make heads or tails of what backups you
> produced and what are still available (those not available has been
> overwritten using INIT, perhaps). If you can post such a description, it
> would be much easier for us to help. Something like:
>
> 13:00 Full
> 13:30 Log
> 14:40 Log
> 14:45 Full (no longer available - overwritten)
> 14:50 Log
>
> With above information, we will be able to tell you what restore options
> you have. Note that the GUI will only base its restore suggestion on
> backup history - it will not verify that the stuff is still there....

0
Patrick
3/17/2010 10:22:15 AM
That was easier... :-)

> Is there any way to restore database point in time to 16:25 by using
> 0:2:00 Full + Transaction Logs ?

Yes. Just restore the 02:00 full backup, and all subsequent log backups
(specifying 16:25 for STOPAT when you restore the 17:00 log backup). I.e. a
db backup do not affect the log backup chain.

--

> Dear all,
>
> Many thanks for your advice.
>
> 02:00 Full (Maintenance Plan)
> 07:00 Log
> 14:00 Log
> 15:00 Log
> 16:00 Log
> 16:02 Full (Manual / No longer available - overwritten)
> 16:15 Full (Manual / No longer available - overwritten)
> 16:23 Full (Manual / No longer available - overwritten)
> 16:45 Full (Manual)
> 17:00 Log
>
> Is there any way to restore database point in time to 16:25 by using
> 0:2:00 Full + Transaction Logs ?
>
> Thanks again
> Patrick
>

> On 16/03/2010 10:11 PM, Tibor Karaszi wrote:
>> Whenever the GUI acts up on you, do it yourself. I have read the post
>> several times, but I can't make heads or tails of what backups you
>> produced and what are still available (those not available has been
>> overwritten using INIT, perhaps). If you can post such a description, it
>> would be much easier for us to help. Something like:
>>
>> 13:00 Full
>> 13:30 Log
>> 14:40 Log
>> 14:45 Full (no longer available - overwritten)
>> 14:50 Log
>>
>> With above information, we will be able to tell you what restore options
>> you have. Note that the GUI will only base its restore suggestion on
>> backup history - it will not verify that the stuff is still there....

0
Tibor
3/17/2010 11:43:29 AM
Dear Tibor,

Many thanks for your advice.  Much appreciated.

Regards,
Patrick

On 17/03/2010 10:44 PM, Tibor Karaszi wrote:
> That was easier... :-)
>
>> Is there any way to restore database point in time to 16:25 by using
>> 0:2:00 Full + Transaction Logs ?
>
> Yes. Just restore the 02:00 full backup, and all subsequent log backups
> (specifying 16:25 for STOPAT when you restore the 17:00 log backup).
> I.e. a db backup do not affect the log backup chain.

0
Patrick

Is microsoft having a lottery in the united kingdom at this time,
Is microsoft having a lottery winning notification at this time and are they charging a fee for the delivery and insurance for the winning prize. 1. Wrong newsgroup, but I don't think there is a group for Microsoft scams. 2. You already know the answer to this question, don't you? If not, you really shouldn't have a computer with Internet access. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "lonerider01" <lonerider01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11E06343-7B33-44F7-BE9A-C110CC30BD01@microsoft.com... > Is microsoft having a lottery winn...

User time out
Does anyone know of a way to have the system automatically time out a user after a stated period of inactivity in GP? I want to implement this for selected user(s) in GP10.0 on SQL2005. Rockton's Omni Tools can do this: http://www.rocktonsoftware.com/products.aspx?p=8. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "VGrinam" <VGrinam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30080784-EC3A-4D9B-9AD4-E7604F85D2F6@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of a way to have the system automatically time out a user > after a stated period of inactivit...

Creating a Combined Date/Time Shortcut
I know Excel provides shortcuts for entering the date (CTRL + ;) and the = time (CTRL + SHIFT + ;), but I really need one that will enter both the = date=20 and time in the same cell at the same time. (Since Excel does provide=20 formatting for same-cell date and time, it seems kind of odd that there = isn't=20 a shortcut to facilitate entry.) Is it possible to create an entirely = new shortcut=20 that doesn't use macros? (This last point is important, since the = workbook is=20 shared on a network.) Any help anyone can offer would be much appreciated--I'm getting=20 desperate. T...

not able to link chart points from same series
I'm working on a chart that pull information from several pages. Tha table is able to plot information correctly in the graph but I can't seem to link the dots on the chart with a line. Everytime I try a linear chart or a scatered chart with smoth lines, the lines start from the x axis and reach the dot rather than connecting dots from the same series. suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If the points are not in the same series (i.e., the data source is from different sheets, not a single summary sheet), you will never link them. If you have gaps, true actual blanks (n...

data pulling multiple times
I have a query that is setup to pull data from a form. When I run the query it is pulling quadruple the data required. I have tried everything to troubleshoot this with no luck. If I have a relationship setup and I create the same relationship in my query will that cause the query to pull duplicated data? Please help... Thanks This may seem picayune, but I think it helps to have a clear picture ... Unless your query is using selection criteria that is entered on a form, your query will be pulling data from one/more underlying tables, not from forms. And if you have a p...

Combo Box
Hi All, I created a combo box that is linked to a set of cells that contain numbers but for which I have selected to format as time i.e. the cells look like this: 12:00 AM 12:30 AM 1:00 AM 1:30 AM 2:00 AM 2:30 AM My problem is that when I select a value with the combo box, it displays them as the number, not as a formatted time and I cannot see which property to edit on the combo box to have the output formatted as time. Any help would be most appreciated! Rob :) How about removing that link to the range and just add the values to the combobox. dim myCell as range dim myRng as range ...

Converting time into another time zone
I was helped here once before. I'm given reports but they are in a different time zone. I need to make that data work for me with what time it would be in my time. I was given the following string. =B2+C2-TIME(6,0,0) B2 is the time & C2 is the date. My output string is the East Coast Time below. Time Date East Coast Time 22:44:18 1/12/2009 Monday 1/12/09 16:44:18 Works like a charm. Issue now is that I'm taking 24h time from one time zone and converting it to 24h time in my time zone. I'd prefer that my time zone be put into...

One-Time Multiple Mailing Issue
In Outlook 2007 I would like to mass mail about twenty recipients but do not need to maintain contacts. How can I configure this so that each recieves an email with their email address only. You can put all the addresses in the BCC field then. Depending on where you have written down the addresses, you can also use a mail merge or reply via a rule. For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/mailmerge.htm and http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/messagetemplates.htm#rules -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.ho...

Move emails to a folder rule (Time based)
Hi. I have a rule that moves some emails to a folder based on the senders email. I would like to have outlook move all emails form the folder to a second one that are older than seven days. Any ideas? Thanks. PS, how do you create a custom rule? Rules act on messages when they are received in the in-box or sent. Outlook has no way of going back to move items after they have been received. You could probably write a little VBA routine to do what you want - see http://www.outlookcode.com for some samples or repost in an Outlook programming group for some potential help. --...

Showing Appointment times
Outlook 2003 SP2 XP2 / SP2 A user enters appointments into the calendar. In DAY view, some of the completed entries show the time of the appointment and others do not - these items were entered one right after the other on the same day, and on the same day of the month (one at 8:00 am the other at 2:30 pm). (In month and week view, the appointment time displays on all entries.) Can you shed any light on how/why this might happen and how we can fix it? Thanks MUCH in advance!!! C.H. *tap* *tap* *tap* - Is this thing on? Can anyone help me with my question? ...

Unit of the Perfmon counter Average Time of Delivery
Hi, What is the unit of MSExchangeIS Public\Average Time for Delivery ? It is in seconds or milliseconds. The reason is that I am getting huge value for this like 20150. Practically speaking this value would not go beyond 600 seconds. So how do we know that the counter value that Perfmon returns ?? We have similar Exchange Performance counters for which the unit is not mentioned in documentation. Pls help. Thanks in Advance, Dhana "Dhana" <Dhana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What is the unit of MSExchangeIS Public\Average Time for Delivery ? It is in >se...

how do I open 2 excel pages on the desktop at the same time
When I open page 1, it appears on the desktop. When I click on page 2, it appears on the desktop, but page 1 disappears. I want both page 1 and page 2 to be on the desktop at the same time. Thank you for helping. Excel doesn't have "pages" It has Workbooks. Do you want two workbooks visible at the same time? Open both and Go to Window>New Window Window>Arrange>Vertical Do you want to see just one but have the other appear on the Taskbar? Enable Option of "Windows in TaskBar" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 14:32:01 -0800, wilma <w...

Timer causes run-time error '6' overflow
I'm using Timer to profile some code. For no reason I can think of I'm getting overflow when trying to call Timer to get the time value. Why would this happen? If I enter debug mode and press continue, the error goes away. Thanks, Brian Brian, Post your code? Bernie MS Excel MVP "Brian Murphy" <bmurphy@xlrotor.com> wrote in message news:b24bcd5b-2537-4572-a372-5c05df6bf229@k4g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... > I'm using Timer to profile some code. For no reason I can think of > I'm getting overflow when trying to call Timer to get t...

RESTORE FILES FROM WINDOWS XP Backup
Please treat me like a total amateur here. I do not understand much computer lingo and need the most straight forward, non-technical answer. I moved this week. I set up my computer which is a 2003 Windows XP (emachines). When I turned it on, it kept giving me a screen to select "Start windows normally" or in "Safe Mode". Neither of these worked and I tried over and over. I eventually hit either F10 or F11 and got a screen that offered to do a system recovery in a "non-destructive" way. It said I would not lose files. However, after doing so, the ...

Checking time and inserting a value in a different cell
I have Column H that has been formatted as time (i.e. 1:30 PM). If the value in column H is Less than 07:30 and Greater than 15:30, I would like the number 41079 populated in the appropriate cell in column J. If the test is not False, I would like the value 41078 populated. I have inserted the following formula in H6 ‘=IF(H6>15:30 and <7:30,41078,41079)’, however when I depress the enter key J6 displays #NAME. Can you help? Thanks Pank Hi Pank, I think the easiest thing to do would be to put your low (07:30) and high (15:30) times in a couple of cells somewhere and then refe...

HELP
Can someone help me figure out why this is happening please? I'm getting an error: Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'TitleID=43AND strPassword="GA3' in the following code: Private Sub txtTitleRP1Password_AfterUpdate() Dim rst As DAO.Recordset If Trim(Me.txtTitleRP1Password & "") = "" Then Me.txtTitleRP1 = "" Me.txtTitleRP1.SetFocus Else Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset( _ "SELECT Title From tblTitle " & _ "WHERE Tit...

Excel should format time down to the hundredth/sec.
I would like to be able to format the cells within Excel so that if I typed in my athlete's time from a race as 153268 or 3245, it would show up in the cell as 15:32.68 or :32.45 respectively. I would also like to be able to then add or subtract time in that same format. Right now I can only format the cell to display those times as 15:32.6 or 00:00.0 (nothing at all). I do race time analysis with excel but I have to convert the time into all seconds if I want to add/subtract/divide or whatever. Can you add a format that would recognize time not in the sense of how a clock on th...

Seperate forest for testing out restores
Hello all I currently have exchange 2007 sp2 setup in production. I have two HT/CAS servers, and one mbx server. The mbx server has 4 storage groups and 4 databases. I have been tasked with having to do quarterly restores of an entire database. We currently use a combination of netbackup and snapmanager for exchange to backup our exchange databases. In order to test out restoring a database, I want to setup a separate AD forest, install exchange 2007 sp2, and do the restores to the exchange server in the non production forest. The reasoning for creating a separate forest and i...

HELP! Restore Public Folders to Recovery Server
After a major server disaster, we've had to bring up a dialtone database and exmerge our existing mailboxes from a recovery server. We're running Win2k SP3, with Ex55 SP4. Our public information store holds a large amount of detail, but I'm unable to re-mount the store on the recovery server (or even on a test server with the same name on a different network). I am able to mount the pub.edb without incident, but under EXAdmin I am unable to see any of the existing public folders, even after I have run the consistency adjuster on the IS. Does anyone have any ideas of how...

How do I restore a WSS 3.0 site on SBS 2008
I'm preparing to migrate our old SBS 2003 domain to 2008 and because someone back in NT days named our internal domain without a .local extension an automated migration is not supported. This is probably just as well as our AD could use a lot of cleaning up. In order to make sure things go smoothly I'm testing various aspects of the process on a test server. What I would like to do is to restore a backup of our sharepoint website onto the SBS 2008 website. Right now the website is running on sharepoint services 2.0 on second server and for various reasons I'd lik...

Increase time allowed for services to start?
How does Windows XP decide all services have started and that it's okay to allow someone to log in? I would like to make it wait a longer time since some impatient users are logging in too quickly and complaining when tray icons (for example safe removal, volume control) never appear. -- Brian Gregory. (In the UK) ng@bgdsv.co.uk To email me remove the letter vee. On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 23:53:04 -0000, "Brian Gregory [UK]" <ng@bgdsv.co.uk> wrote: >How does Windows XP decide all services have started and that it's okay to >allow someone t...

formula for start
I am designing a spread sheet for staff payroll. Enter start time and finsh time, if total is greater than 8 hours hours paid will deduct half an hour off for unpaid break. New to formulas and i can't get this one sorted apreciate any help Assuming start time is in cell A3, finish time is in cell B3, in cell C put this formula =IF((B3-A3)>TIME(8,0,0),(B3-A3)-TIME(0,30,0),B3-A3) Format all cells as Time > 13:30 and enter all times using the 2 hour format where 18:00 = 6:00 p.m. (this eliminates the need fo entering A.M. or P.M. for each entry) ht -- swatsp0 ---------...

Open two episodes or two money files at the same time
Hello, I am using MS Money 2007 standard on XPSP2. Is it possible to open two episodes or two money files at the same time? I cannot seem to find a way to do so. -- Thanks, Bob In microsoft.public.money, BBran wrote: >Hello, > >I am using MS Money 2007 standard on XPSP2. > >Is it possible to open two episodes or two money files at the same time? I >cannot seem to find a way to do so. No. Instead open one on your nearby laptop and one on the desktop. Or print information from one file to compare to the information on the other file. CutePDF or PDF995 can be useful...

Re: Coloring individual points/bars
As there have been several questions piled up on the coloring individual points within a single series, let me offer a solution that I have been using for more then seven years. It proved in the analysis of data, especially then in the connection with next two subs that link color with the flag of relevancy for statistical treatment. Sub naturally loose sense for linear markers (+ × _ - ); for using in such a field it would need small adaptation. It is developed and verified for xl2003, I have never tried to adapt for 2007. Sub MarkerColor() 'Sub changes the colors of indiv...

Can you prohibit printing for a shared Power Point presentation?
I have a presentation that I have to share with people and I can create Adobe handouts with the slides that I want to hand out, but the people presenting will have access to the hidden slides with the answers that I don't want printed. I can tell them not to hand the answers out, but can't really control what they do. Is there a way to prevent access to printing the slides without preventing access to the presentation altogether (i.e. I don't think I can just password protect it...) Please help! This is sensitive material. Any ideas are appreciated. You might l...