How to export policies to excel

Hello All,

Our organization has an in-house security tool that generates a text file
with lists of policies and violations. A VB script reads that text file and
populates certain cells on an excel file. There is one column for each db and
one row for each policy. All are SQL 2000 and 2005 version.

New policies are not covered by the tool. So it needs to be tool+manual
scrips, or PBM, maybe?

I wonder if it can be done through Policy Based Management. I am not sure
how easy to generate a similar excel file out of SQL Server policies. Has
anyone used Powershell and/or Reporting Services for similar purpose?

Thanks,

--
Ada
SQL Server DBA

Excel 2003 Problem
I had office 2003 installed in a system running XP Professional. I login to the domain with the domain user name and password and was able to work with my office. The other day i changed my domain machine but with the same domain name. But when i log in back with the domain user name i have problems with the the office suite. Outlook doesn't open at all. Office and excel asks the name when u open the document or excel sheet every time. I couldnt find a soultion. I even reinstalled the office suite, now i am able to open the outlook , word and excel, but each time a small window ope...

downloading excel and word
i would like to download microsoft excel and word to my pc, and i search download sites and i could not find any? i would like to download for free. anyone can help me on this thank you Sorry mate, You can't have them for free, they are commercial products sold at a price (or noone would have heard of Bill Gates!). Even if you managed to get them for free, it would be illegal!!! There's other stuff out there you can get for free, like Open Office, that will do most of what Excel and Word do, at least for the average user (and with file compatibility). Nikos "yaman" <...

Stock prices in Excel?
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Hi Folks, Can I set up excel so that it downloads and displays the current stock price for a certain stock every time I open the document or refresh? I want to use my own workbook, and I'm looking for a free solution, although I might consider an inexpensive add-on. Thanks!! Yes, Excel will do that. Pop over to the Excel forum and they will explain how: https://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx?product=Excel&app=1 On 30/03/08 6:22 AM, in article ee969b4.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "graybell@officeformac...

Logarithmic graphs in Excel
Hello! I have some Excel data that lists the United States' Gross Domestic Product for each year from 1890 to 2000. The data looks like this: 1890 260.42 1891 271.87 1892 298.51 .... 1998 8495.65 1999 8848.225 2000 9156.6 I wanted to turn this data into a groovy looking line graph, so I tried using Excel's built-in Chart Wizard, but the resulting graph looks WAY too much like an exponential curve (not to mention the fact that it really doesn't all that good), so I want to turn it into a logarithmic graph. How can I accomplish this? Double click the Y axis, and on the Sca...

Printing Doubel-sided in Excel
Has anyone experienced issues attempting to print double-sided in Excel using a Canon IR C3220 (PS3 driver) or is this a feature not supported by Excel. Hi Anthony This is a printer setting. If your printer have this option it must work Another option is to do it with code http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#odd -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Anthony Spartalis" <anthony_spartalis@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ORn5khavFHA.2556@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Has anyone experienced issues attempting to print double-sided in Excel using a Canon IR ...

Help for Excel Chart problem
Hi I have a little problem. I have to prepare audience profile for some TV Channels using dimensions age, sex, monthly income and education. I want to combine metric - age and income in one chart and non metric - sex and education in other. So I dont know which chart to use. I think the most appropriate is the bubble chart (more I have the penetration as a bubble size). But I cannot think how to dispose the dimensions and data. Example: Channel 1 Age 12-18 30 % 19-34 20% 35-64 35% 64+ 15% Sex Male - 48% Female - 52% So I need to positioning this channel and compare with ot...

Big problem with Excel 97
Excel 97 on Windows NT 4.0 SP6 After I create a new file and save it, it takes a very long time (about 30 seconds) to close the file. I am working with lots of Excel files and it's intolerable. Please help me with this. Thanks. ...

Total in every Page in Print-out in Excel
Is there a possibility that automatic page total be included in th foote -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi This is a builtin feature in Excel since...some time! See View, Header and Footer You should come up with &[Pages] in your footer HTH Cordially Pascal "elmergev >" <<elmergev.18r8a3@excelforum-nospam.com> a �crit dans le message de news:elmergev.18r8a3@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is there a possibility that automatic page total be included in the > footer > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > ...

Change Needed
I have a neat VB code that I use in Excel. This code imports data from a text file into columns in an excel spreadsheet. The excel file has two worksheets, one is to input the .txt filename with a button for the VB code to do it's magic and convert everything I have in the text file, which usually has the same layout (in each txt file) in terms of what data I want columnized in excel. The code goes as follows.... Sub ConvertFile() Dim LCStart As Long Dim IQStart As Long Dim Lat1Start As Long Dim Lon1Start As Long Dim Lat2Start As Long Dim Lon2Start As Long Dim NbmesStart As Long Dim...

Default Recipient Policy not propogating to user accounts
Hi, i wonder if anyone can help me please? Our exchange guru has recently left our organisation and i'm trying to pick up where she left off with a particular client of ours. The situation is this:- We're migrating this client from their existing old, cr@p, mail system to Exchange 2003 on AD 2003. AD's up and running fine, as is Exchange 2003 (SP2). Both mail servers on the same LAN. Email is currently routing from external to their old mail system, which the clients access via POP. The migration process is such that when we attend site we'll tell their old mail system to ...

Excel help #3
Hi, Two questions. First is, when performing a Pivot Table, is there a way of changing the source so that when you produce a pivot table, the months are in order. And, when you concatenate and join a surname and first name together, how do you then separate them ? Thanks "Gary Newman" <gary.newman@adecco.co.uk> wrote in message news:09f501c39882$44084930$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Two questions. > First is, when performing a Pivot Table, is there a way of > changing the source so that when you produce a pivot > table, the months are in order. > &g...

PowerPoint 2007 with EXCEL Chart
Good afternoon, Thanks in advance. I hope I am in the correct group since this is both an Excel and PPT question - I created a Spreadsheet with 10 tabs, on each tab there is one fairly simple chart with a secondary axis that show a % for one column. I have the chart with format looking correct in Excel, and copy / paste to a corresponding slide in ppt. Sometime, not all of the time the format changes especially on the secondary axis, it goes to a decimal value. A lot of the time the data labels will be missing from the columns as well. Not sure what I am missing, USUALLY ...

MYOB to Excel
Is there an Excel expert out there that also knows MYOB? I am trying to produce CATEGORY reports in the MYOB program that will show the previous year's details alongside the Current Year's Selected Period and Year To Date columns. ie The column headings should be: Account# Account Name Selected Period Year To Date Last Year's Selected Period Last Year's Year To Date. MYOB does export to Excel but MYOB can't produce such a report and I wonder if someone has already produced a workbook that would manipulate the exported data to produce a report in the manner descri...

Benefits of Using Excel for Accounting
Hello � What are the benefits of using Excel for accounting purpose? What ar the remarkable features will help me in accounting? Thank you, Kat -- ilovetak ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ilovetako's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2760 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47123 You may be better served by buying software specifically intended for accounting. On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:08:36 -0500, ilovetako <ilovetako.1w1fqb_1127858703.7289@excelforum-nospam.com> wr...

Excel Postcode list to map
Hi, Sorry if you've already had this on the "misc" group but no reply:- I have a list of UK Postcodes in a Spread Sheet in Column A, and a List of Date/Times in Column B. I'd like to plot these on a map so that lines are drawn to show show the route in time order. Does anyone know of an excel addon, programme or website that will allow me to do this from a worksheet? -- Rich http://www.rhodes-pefkos.co.uk http://www.rhodes-lardos.co.uk http://www.rhodes-kolymbia.co.uk "Rich" <rich@richdavies.com> wrote in message news:0HhHo.35263$sK1.32443@newsfe21.i...

Excel 2002
When I open a one of my files it opens two files of the same name but with a different number on the end. E.G. the file name is "Past Players:1" and the other file name is Past Player:2, the original name is Past Players without the number. At the moment I have downloaded the trial of 2007 where the problem has been fixed, but at the end of the trial I don't want to pay for 2007 as I am a pensioner and can't afford the upgrade. You have somehow enable a New Window view. In XL 2003 this if done with Window | New Window In XL2007 it is done with New Window on the View t...

Data Export Help Needed
What is transferspreadsheet My knowledge is extreemly limited on VB. "Douglas J. Steele" wrote: > Have you tried using TransferSpreadsheet instead of OutputTo? > > -- > Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP > http://I.Am/DougSteele > (no e-mails, please!) > > > "Aamer" <Aamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:C9B569B2-2A0E-4075-A11F-CAA7D6AD594B@microsoft.com... > > Douglass > > > > I entered the code as you described: > > > > Private Sub Export_Data_Click() > > O...

Excel program #5
How do I format 1000 lines odd or even cell rows simultaneously using pattern texture, i can do the individual rows to format using pattern texture but not 100 or 1000 lines Try something like the following Dim LastRow As Long Dim RowNdx As Long LastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row For RowNdx = 1 To LastRow Step 2 Rows(RowNdx).Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Next RowNdx -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "gill santiago" <gill santiago@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB...

Icons built in to startup of Excel 2000
I have a program called Crystal Reports. It somehow throws a seagate icon onto my excel 2000 worksheet on a separate toolbar. I want this icon to go onto another toolbar or a pull down menu. How do I do this? I have contacted Wind2 support (they have tech support for Crystal Reports/Seagate. They say I have to contact Microsoft. I can drag the icon to another tool bar, but when I restart Excel, it goes back where it was. Try Tools|Customize (just to see that dialog box) Now hit ctrl and drag the icon to your location of choice. But it might not help with the other toolbar. Depe...

A little bug in my macro about time (excel 2007)
Hello, I'm a senior computeruser from Belgium and I've made a macro where you can only see the time but there is a little bug in it. That bug shows up when I use my macro for the second time in a other cell. When I used it for the second time, the cell where I used my macro for the first time changes into the same time of the cell where I used my macro for the second time. This is how I made my macro: - I wrote in my formulebox --> =Nu()-Vandaag() [translation --> =Now()...

error trying to export messages from Outlook Express 6
I have a new computer and am trying to move my account and messages from the old computer to the new one. I was able to export/import account settings, but have not been able to move the messages I have stored. I tried to use Export Messages, but received the following error message: --The export could not be performed. --An error occurred while initializing MAPI. Any ideas? Cannot seem to find anything about this in the Knowledge Base. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these new...

how do i transfer lotus files to excel
I need to know how to transfer files from Lotus to Excel, we are no longer using Lotus and want to change to Excel. I already made a back up of the files. thanks, mel save the lotus files at text files then import the text files into excel. no simple way on this one. excel stopped supporting lotus at R5(wk4) >-----Original Message----- >I need to know how to transfer files from Lotus to Excel, we are no longer >using Lotus and want to change to Excel. I already made a back up of the >files. >thanks, >mel >. > mel wrote... >I need to know how to transfer fil...

How to change the active cell outline indicator color in Excel?
I want to change the outline color of the active cell indicator to something other than black, so that it is more distinct on screen, since I often have black gridlines in my worksheets. How can this be done? maybe.... you may want to try Chip Pearson's Rowliner: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm YoYo74 wrote: > > I want to change the outline color of the active cell indicator to something > other than black, so that it is more distinct on screen, since I often have > black gridlines in my worksheets. How can this be done? -- Dave Peterson I had a need for...

Will excel 2003 format a cell to the year?
It seems like it should be obvious, but I am finding it impossible to get excel to do a date format that recognizes a year. Is there some way? I typed a date in A1 (09/28/2006) and used format|Cells|number tab|custom category|yyyy with my USA settings. kateofmd@msn.com wrote: > > It seems like it should be obvious, but I am finding it impossible to > get excel to do a date format that recognizes a year. Is there some > way? -- Dave Peterson ...

Email merging Excel attachments
Hi I would like to send a form as an Excel attachment to a few people via email, but I would like the form to have their specific ID. Once completed they would return the form via email. It would also be useful to have some form of reponse rate management. I would prefer if the solution did not involve macros. Thanks. ...