GUID Columns in SQL 2005

Are there additional things you need to do when backing up and/or restoring
databases which have tables containing guid/uniqueidentifier columns?

Thanks in advance

Please, ignore this question.

"RG" wrote:

> Are there additional things you need to do when backing up and/or restoring
> databases which have tables containing guid/uniqueidentifier columns?
>
> Thanks in advance

mirriring columns of data
Hi there, hopefully someone can led me a hand: Basically I have about 63K rows of data and 52 columns. What I need to to is flip the columns around so that the data in Col BC is in D Col D and vive versa. The header in the top row (row 5, starting in Col D) runs from 0-51, so it's basically a matter of sorting on this row (for less data, I'd transpose, sort and then transpose back- simple, but I don't have 63k columns!) If anyone can offer me a suggestion, I'd appreciate it (complete novice at VBA though, so bear with me). For reference I tried modifying the macro found he...

Export records to excel columns
Hi folks, first post on here but been browsing for a while and found this is the most useful tool by a country mile for a novice like me to make an access database. Thanks for all the help. I'm currently making a system for work to handle all our service calls, stock control etc. I've ran into a problem that I just cannot find an answer to. I need to output an excel file where all records from a query are placed in separate columns, not rows. This is necessary because I then have to review the file, convert it to text and upload it via manufacturer's website. It can't be...

Column formatting help!
I need a way to wrap text from column A to B, then back to A on the next page. Can anyone help??? Again I need to wrap from column A to B on one page, then when it flows to the next page, it should go back to A then to B and so on.... Hi, I believe that you need 'Newspaper Columns' feature of MS Word. Bill Wrote: > I need a way to wrap text from column A to B, then back to A on the > next > page. Can anyone help??? Again I need to wrap from column A to B on > one > page, then when it flows to the next page, it should go back to A then > to B > and so on...

DEADLOCK_ENUM_MUTEX and SQL Server Data Collector
I recently implemented the Performance Datawarehouse on our production server after running it in our test environment for months with no problems. I am currently only collecting the 3 basic collection sets. Today 2 'SQL Server Data Collector' spids got hung and will not rollback. Normally the collection jobs take about 1.5minutes according to the log. Today though, the QueryStatisticscollection job was running for over 30minutes and causing the ActivityMonitor to error. I stopped the collection sets and the associated jobs. This did nothing to alleviate the problem. The ...

MFC CRecordset::m_strFilter: Can I use SQL "LIKE" [%] in here?
Hi, Can I use SQL LIKE condition in the m_strFilter of my RecordSet? I am setting the filter datamember as <code> rsSampleRS.m_strFilter = "Number = '123'"; </code> But what I intend is to have a SQL "LIKE" in the statement as; All records from the table in where "123" is part of the value in the Number column. Any pointers/ help will be appreciated. Thanks for your time. Cheerz, Denzil If you could ... I don't think you'd want to. From what I remember, the filter only gets applied after the query is run. So if your table h...

sql 2005 local database lost without ethernet
I'm running rms 1.3 with sql 2005. If my router reboots or if I unplug my ethernet cable I get kicked out of POS or Manager and receive a database connection lost error message. I can understand this on a remote machine but why on a local database machine. I wouldn't think the local database would need an ethernet connection...i'm assuming I have something wrong in SQL...is there an sql 2005 database implementation guide for rms 1.3...the version I have only covers msde 2000...any help would be appreciated David - this is normal for the RMS application, even though you ar...

Trouble adding non-adjacent cell columns to a print area
Hi, I can't seem to add non-adjacent columns to my print area in Excel 2000 and don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm defining my area (in page break view) by 1st selecting the 1st 4 columns (which happen to be adjacent) and setting them as the print area. I then select each additional non-adjacent column, right-click a cell in it and select "Add to Print Area". According to the Help text, this is supposed to work. But all I ever get is the first 4 (adjacent) columns. The rest don't print or display in print preview. So what am I doing wrong? I've t...

VSTO 2005
Folks, I'm trying to do some office automation using VSTO 2005. I've verified that ..Net Programmability Support is installed for every MS Office application and Microsoft Forms 2.0 .Net Programmability Support is also installed under Office Tools through Office Setup. I've then installed VSTO 2005 (vstor.exe, http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=f5539a90-dc41-4792-8ef8-f4de62ff1e81&displaylang=en). After installing everything and doing a reboot, I'm not getting an Office node under Visual C# with any of the office templates in Visual Studio 2005 ...

SQL 2005 Best Practices for backups
I have been working on the conversion from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005 for best practices. I have come a long way. I only have 47 issues whcih I already knew. However, I am having trouble finding the best way to go from SIMPL to FULL mode on backups. Rich Lawson On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 23:09:57 -0700, "Richard Lawson" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: >I have been working on the conversion from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005 for best >practices. I have come a long way. I only have 47 issues whcih I already >knew. However, I am having trouble finding the best way to go from SIMPL...

MFC/SQL Server 2005 Express Connection Issues
Hello again, Recently I have been experiencing problems connecting to my database either through an MFC App or also Managed C++. Essentially I haven't been able to connect locally to the database, but I have been able to do so for the past several months. I am attempting to connect locally either to a particular database or just SQL Server (to create a database let us say). Here are some of the connection strings I use: 1) workstation id=(local); Integrated Security = SSPI 2) Driver={SQL Server};workstation id=(local); Initial Catalog = DBQuality;Integrated Security = SSPI 3) Driv...

Convert Column Number to Column Letter
I have the last column of data. I want to use a range to say copy or define something. So how do you convert the number LastCol to a letter to display in a Range: LastCol = ActiveSheet.Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column A web search for "convert column number to letter" turned up several hits, one of which was: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102298 look at the last 3 posts in that discussion. Two ways to get the job done. Personally, since you've gone the route you have at this point, I'd probably go with the solution in the last ...

Total this column
I have a column of numbers that look like this. 1805 (1591) 1351 (1078) 1318 (1117) 418 (394) 344 (306) 260 (247) 247 (226) 205 (142) 156 (139) 144 (109) 142 (117) 139 (122) I want to total the part NOT in the parentheses. How do I remove the part in parentheses OR total without removing. Any help here will be appreciated. Thanks in advance Dave One method. Insert a column right or left of this column if you want to retain the original format. Copy the column of data to the inserted column. Data>Text to Columns>Delimited>Next>Space>Next Select the column with the...

Money 2005 charts
Just wondering if i should buy Money 2005... I know Money can generate bar graphs and pie graphs, but will it create line graphs of expenses/account balances? I just find this easier to view all of it on one graph with different lines. Some standard reports e.g. Net worth over time are already line graphs, and for most others you can customise the display type. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Andrew Rooke&quo...

sorting linked columns?
I have columns of data that I would like to sort. The only problem is if I sort one column, the associated rows in the adjoining columns do not sort with it. Is there a way to link rows of data so that when a column is sorted the rows are sorted with the column? Thanks. Robert Hi Mark the whole range of your data before performing the sort choosing your column as the first sort column. that way, all the other columns adjust with the chosen column. -- Regards Roger Govier "Mr. Newt" <lektrikpuke@_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ceidnQkVs_tROe7ZnZ2dnUVZ_uidnZ2...

Money 2005 Small Business #4
When I create an estimate it is printing an invoice instead, in other words, with the estimate box marked, when I print out estimate it says invoice at the top. Can ayone help me with this problem? In microsoft.public.money, Chris Jones wrote: >When I create an estimate it is printing an invoice instead, in other words, >with the estimate box marked, when I print out estimate it says invoice at >the top. Can ayone help me with this problem? > Be advised that this and the other two times you asked the same question were posted. I suggest you be patient until somebody wh...

Install CRM & SQL on same server
I know it's not recommended, but it is possible. Anyone experience performance issues or any other issues related to having the two installed on the same server? Thanks, Chris It is the default install for MS CRM SBE running on Microsoft Small Business Server.. -- Anne Stanton, MVP-CRM, MBA/ACC President The Norwich Group http://www.thenorwichgroup.com http://thenorwichgroup.blogs.com "Chris Hedlund" <chrishedlund@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O4UmvratGHA.3552@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I know it's not recommended, but it is possible. Anyone experien...

SQL Server Sort Order for Business Portal
Hi all, Our existing SQL Server database for GP uses a Binary sort order. We are trying to install Business Portal (using Windows Share Point Services) but the the install instructions says it can only be installed on SQL Server with sort order 52 (Dictionary Order, Case Insensitive). If we create a new SQL Server instance using sort order 52 for Business Portal, are there any issues we may run into in the future regarding data exchange with GP? Thank you. LR You can either create a new SQL Server instance using DOCI or you can let the system install SQL Express which will automatic...

SQL Sever 2005
The software I’m trying to install will not. It needs the Microsoft SQL server 2005. The software I’m trying to update has changed its platform from C++ to .NET and needs an SQL server. The software’s tech support tried to get me to download the SQL from the Microsoft website but I kept getting an error[ setup is missing prerequisites: MSXML6 - this did not work]. They then asked if my 1433 port was open or closed we found that it was closed. So now I’m asking how do I go about opening this port to resolve the installation issue? -- DNoel Hi, There is an issue instal...

How to automatically fill a column?
How can I express this? Assume 2 columns, A and B. In A, a col of numbers: 1, 2, 3, etc. In B, now empty, I need to have a col of words that describe in words what the numbers stand for: apples (for No 1), oranges (for No2), lemons (for No 3), etc. I already have the col with the numbers, Column A. I need a way to tell Excel to fill in col B with the word "apple" wherever it sees a "1" in col A. And to fill in col B with the word "oranges" whereever it sees the number "2" in col A. etc, etc. Is this do-able? Best Regards, Arthur Think VLOOKUP wou...

how can I password hidden columns
I have a workbook which a colleague uses to enter data. The data is then manipulated on the same worksheet, but if these columns arehidden they can easily be unhid. Is there a way of password protecting these consecutive hidden columns, or an alternative please You can hide the columns, then protect the worksheet (tools|protection|protect sheet). But this protection is easily broken. If you have stuff you don't want others to see, don't put in an excel workbook that you share with others. David Allen wrote: > > I have a workbook which a colleague uses to enter data. The...

How do I put one heading over 3 narrow columns?
I am trying to make an excel sheet that has the year "2006" over 3 narrow columns that just have an "X" in or they are blank. I cannot figure out how to put the 2006 so that it shows especially when I print sheet. Select your 3 cells (say A1:C1) format|cells|Alignment tab|Horizontal dropdown|Center Across Selection And type your value in A1 (the leftmost cell) with nothing in the other two cells. Janice wrote: > > I am trying to make an excel sheet that has the year "2006" over 3 narrow > columns that just have an "X" in or they are bl...

excel and sql
hi... I don't have much knowledge on excel and sql. But I want to know as to how I can relate SQL to excel through ODBC ... is there a set method. can anyone tell me some link or explain the process to do it? any information given will be very useful. thanks a lot. This might be a help for getting data to and from Excel and Access: It includes examples of using variables in SQL queries. http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/sql.html Or you can get there from the "Excel with Access Databases" section on page: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm It demonstrates h...

Newbie question: how to convert one column to multiple columns?
Anyone, I have a spreadsheet of about 50 names/addresses in which all of the data is in a single column, i.e.: name1 address1 city1 state1 zip1 name2 address2 .... etc. I'd like to convert this spreadsheet so that the names are all in column A, the addresses in column B, etc. I'm certainly willing to select all five related cells for a given person (I would need to do that 50 times), but once those five cells are selected, is there a way that I can recast those five cells from being in the same column into multiple columns? Thanks so much! David You can easily do that with a fo...

SQL Quary Analyzer connection to SQL Server 2008
Hi, I'm using SQL Quary Analyzer on my Win XP machine. Now I would like to connect to the new SQL Server 2008 from my Win Xp's SQL Quary Analyzer, somehow it's not working. Thanks for help. Jason On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 11:45:35 +0800, "Jason Huang" <JasonHuang8888@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I'm using SQL Quary Analyzer on my Win XP machine. >Now I would like to connect to the new SQL Server 2008 from my Win Xp's SQL >Quary Analyzer, somehow it's not working. >Thanks for help. > > >Jason > Hi...

column widths
How is it that Microsoft made a product, CRM 1.2, that has columns where you can only adjust the width to be smaller? Moving the margin of a column in EITHER direction makes the column smaller. This is nonsense. The column widths in CRM don't work like Word or Excel or any other program I've ever used that has adjustable column widths. uhmmmm........what are you talking about? they work for me..... -Gary "Steve Talley" <stalley@clarityvisual.com> wrote in message news:e3f701c43c48$89214f70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How is it that Microsoft made a product, CRM 1....