ghost cleanup task

I have a server running win2003, sql server 2005 sp3. Yesterday appears
the ghost cleanup task on the server. I see that this task increese in
cpu time and it cause that the cpu has 100% used.

I reboot the server and the task appears again. I read on Internet many
options and apply it but it doesn�t work.

Do someone know why the process appears even after the server was
shootdown?
Do you know a way to avoid this task use a lot of cpu?
How can I identify the process that is causing this task.

Thanks a lot for your help.

MariaGuzman

Maria
Go to www.sqlblog.com and look for Adam's utility  named
who_is_active_v8_82.sql

"MariaGuzman" <maisaguzman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have a server running win2003, sql server 2005 sp3. Yesterday appears
> the ghost cleanup task on the server. I see that this task increese in
> cpu time and it cause that the cpu has 100% used.
>
> I reboot the server and the task appears again. I read on Internet many
> options and apply it but it doesn�t work.
>
> Do someone know why the process appears even after the server was
> shootdown?
> Do you know a way to avoid this task use a lot of cpu?
> How can I identify the process that is causing this task.
>
> Thanks a lot for your help.

Uri
3/11/2010 10:17:15 AM
We have started seeing the same issue with 100% CPU usage when we attach a particular db of 30GB size. Detaching the this db gets rid of the problem.
Did you find any resolution to your issue?

MariaGuzman wrote:

ghost cleanup task
10-Mar-10

I have a server running win2003, sql server 2005 sp3. Yesterday appears
the ghost cleanup task on the server. I see that this task increese in
cpu time and it cause that the cpu has 100% used.

I reboot the server and the task appears again. I read on Internet many
options and apply it but it doesn?t work.

Do someone know why the process appears even after the server was
shootdown?
Do you know a way to avoid this task use a lot of cpu?
How can I identify the process that is causing this task.

Thanks a lot for your help.

On Wednesday, March 10, 2010 7:11 PM
MariaGuzman wrote:

ghost cleanup task
I have a server running win2003, sql server 2005 sp3. Yesterday appears
the ghost cleanup task on the server. I see that this task increese in
cpu time and it cause that the cpu has 100% used.

I reboot the server and the task appears again. I read on Internet many
options and apply it but it doesn?t work.

Do someone know why the process appears even after the server was
shootdown?
Do you know a way to avoid this task use a lot of cpu?
How can I identify the process that is causing this task.

Thanks a lot for your help.

On Thursday, March 11, 2010 5:17 AM
Uri Dimant wrote:

MariaGo to www.sqlblog.
Maria
Go to www.sqlblog.com and look for Adam's utility  named
who_is_active_v8_82.sql

Measuring SharePoint Page Rendering
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/c0a9ac9e-53cd-442f-8981-9d5f236c2be5/measuring-sharepoint-page.aspx
0
Les

Show Contact's Business Phone on Task View
I am running Outlook 2007 on 64-bit Vista. I have customized my Task view to show the fields I want to see. When I attach a task to a contact record, then go to the Task View, the "Business Phone" column is blank, despite the fact that the contact has a business phone listed. The same is true with the "File As" column, the "Company" column and all the other phone number columns. Is there something I need to do to make the information from these columns translate over to the Tasks viewpane? Talina Any folder view shows only the data in that ...

Money 2004 Import Handler/Money Task Scheduler Error
Suddenly I am not able to download from my bank. I get a Microsoft Money Import Error. When reinstalling Money 2004 I get a Money Task Scheduler Error and It closes without installing. ...

I need reminder box for tasks&flags-but NO box for calendar remind
I know how to turn on/off the reminder sound & notification box under options-advanced options. Is there a way to have the reminder notification box activate for tasks & flags, but have NO reminder bos for calendar appointment reminders? No, you'd need to not set reminders on the calendar appointments. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

Ghost Folder
Hi, I have a puzzler here and I wonder if anyone out there has had this one happen. It's with our e-mail program, Outlook 2002, and I have just noticed a duplicate folder pop up under weird circumstances. Here it is: A message, or messages, are received, opened, then filed. It is with the filing that there's a peculiarity. There are a number of ways of doing it but the obvious ones are as follows: 1) Right click the item in the INBOX, and up comes a list of folders to which the message can be moved to, and 2) Click a tab on one of the taskbars and up comes a list, allbeit an a...

Use Schedule Task to run Updates, but bypass User-Level Security
I am trying to run a scheduled task to run a macro with updates, but have to enter my Password as soon as Access opens, is there a way around this so it can be ran while i'm away? The only place I see to enter in the actual Task is for the Windows Login itself. Help please!!! Thank you!! -- Amanda ...

Default Task importance level
Does anyone know how to set the default task importance level to "high"? Michael Beavers ...

OL2003: Tasks -Old tasks still show on OL Today screen
How do I get rid of this old completed tasks on the Outlook today screen. The tasks page is clean as it should be. Thanks in advance for any enlightenment. Nevermind: They're gone. >-----Original Message----- >How do I get rid of this old completed tasks on the >Outlook today screen. The tasks page is clean as it >should be. > >Thanks in advance for any enlightenment. >. > ...

PWA 2007 Activity Task usage, not duration
Anyone know how I can have an activity task collect usage without duration? TIA! -JS DevourU -- Not possible. In an Activity plan, each task must have a Duration value. Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com http://www.projectserverexperts.com "We write the books on Project Server" "DevourU" <DevourU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0F6335E-EBF8-4CB6-8C0E-5AA3157FCDCD@microsoft.com... > Anyone know how I can have an activity task collect usa...

Task Scheduler wakes computer on NO TASK days
We have Task Scheduler set to run a task M, T, W, T at 2AM. The "Wake the computer to run the task" is checked as the computer is usually in hibernate at this time. On the days that no task is scheduled (F, S, S) the computer resumes from hibernate at 2AM. The task DOES NOT RUN (as it is not scheduled). There is no entry in the Task Schedule log for these days (and there shouldn't be) and the return to hibernate after the task completes does not kick in as it does on the days that a task is scheduled. Why is the computer waking on the no event days (and it is no...

Task Percentage Change
Hi, Some tasks are changed from 100% complete to incomplete (various levels of percentages) and the durations extended to 300+ days which in turn pushes the whole of the schedule out. I then have to manually change the durations and %Complete to what they should be. any ideas why this would happen? ...

How to update "Custom Priority" or "Custom Status" Task fields?
I'm trying to enhance how I organize my Outlook tasks, and I see two custom fields are available; "Custom Priority" and "Custom Status" but I cannot update either field nor is there any content in Help about either of these fields. Has anyone used these fields? If so, please share. Those are not standard fields for Outlook tasks. That's why you'll find nothing in Help about them. Some other source -- an add-in or the user -- added them. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users ...

Re: completed task
HI thanks for your reply. The custom view that you hinted to did exactly what I wanted! alex ...

"Ghost" Payment
I have user whose PC crashed while applying a payment to multiple invoices. Now the payment shows up on the invoices, but when you try to actually look up the payment, it doesn't exist. Any ideas? Have you tried running check links? -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "Rifleman98atm" <Rifleman98atm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26715509-FB4F-46FA-9566-276CA844074C@microsoft.com... >I have user whose PC crashed while applying a payment to multiple invoices. > Now the payment shows up on the invoices, but when you try to actually > look > up the...

Embedded objects in Tasks #2
I just purchased a new computer with Oulook 2003 on it. Previously I had been using Oulook 2000. In the old version I was able to cut and paste parts of spread sheets from MS Excel into a Task window. Then I could double click on what I had pasted and it would allow me to manipulate the date in that spread sheet as if i was in Excel. Now in Outlook 2003, I have tried to do the same thing. I am able to cut and past the spread sheet in a Task, but when i try to open it, it will not let me manipulate anything there. Any clues or help? Thanks, Eric ...

Task Timer add on / plug in
Is there a plug in or add on to Outlook that will allow a user to track acutal time in an Outlook task. I'm looking for a stop watch that can be turned on and off to keep track of actual time on a task. the user would open the task and start a timer. When stopped they would either pause or stop the timer, this action must be repeatable until the task is complete. Anything put there ? what about using the journal to track time? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google an...

How do I move a Daily Task to the Master Task List?
I would like to move a Daily Task with its attachments and notes to the Master Task List. ...

Viewing another users shared tasks
I have a user who was used to viewing her bosses tasks on the same window as his shared calendar in outlook 2003. In upgrading her to Outlook 2007, it appears that his shared tasks can no longer be viewed on the same window as his shared calendar, and she must open the the shared tasks seperately... Is this just the way it is now? or is there some way that this user could see shared tasks along with a shared calendar as she is used to? its how it is now. there was a lot of confusion over the taskpad with shared calendars so they fixed it by only supporting the user's tasks on the tas...

Outlook (XP) Express email tasks
When checking for email OE is checking my current ISP and an old ISP for email. How do I remove my old ISP from the "tasks" in Outlook Express. Thanks for the help. "Kurt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:097501c47af1$ff2e2de0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When checking for email OE is checking my current ISP and > an old ISP for email. How do I remove my old ISP from > the "tasks" in Outlook Express. > Thanks for the help. Tools-Accounts-Mail-Remove Please note, this group is for the support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, ...

Lost ability to re-order tasks
Hello! When I have my Outlook 2003 calendar open (Outlook connects to SBS 2003 Exchange server, everything fully patched), I have the TaskPad open on the right side of the screen. Up until a day or two ago, I was able to drag and drop a task to move it up or down the list in order to prioritize my task list. Suddenly, and without any known changes on my part, I can no longer do that. It used to give me a red line when I dragged a task so I could tell where to drop it, but now it does not do that and I cannot move a task. They stay sorted by subject. I could do it just fine a few days...

Automatically Initialize a Field when a New Task is Created?
I would like outlook to automatically assign a "Case Number" to all my tasks when they are created. Logically, I want the numbers to begin at a certain number and then increase by one every time a new task is created (accumulator). Can Outlook 2003 handle this? Is this possible? Thanks. --Rick Yes, that would be possible with code behind a custom task form. If you = need a sequential number, not just a unique number, here are some = methods you can use: 3) Use an autonumber table in SQL Server or Microsoft Access. (In my = book, Listing 23.7 with Listing 23.4 or 23.3 to open the...

Office Notifications won't let me Complete tasks
I occasionally use Office Notifications to set reminders. Recently, when I click the "complete" button (either on the pop-up reminder, or on the task itself), the reminder comes right back with the box unchecked. Thus I am reminded again and again on tasks that are actually done. Any thoughts why this might be happening? OS 10.4.4/Office 11.2.1 Thanks. Haven't a clue, but I suspect you'd be better off asking on the entourage newsgroup: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage Search first, just in case. On 2/17/06 5:42 AM, "RickGreg...

Task Contacts and Categories -where did they go for Outlook 2007?
Two of the biggest fields of information on a task pane are contacts and categories for me. I sort by categories and I link to contact information (and sort). Where did they go? I find I can add the fields to my views, but other than that they seem unaccessable. Is there a new methodology to logging details into these fields? Are they hidden? I cannot seem to find the right terminology to get Outlook Help to direct me in the right direction. Any suggestions appreciated. For contacts, click Tools/Options/Contact Options, and check Show contact links on all fo...

Task completion status of an assigned task
I am using a global mail box for distributing scheduled tasks. From the global mail box, I define the task, set it to recurring, then assign the task to an individual. The individual accepts the task, then would update the status. What I am not seeing is the status get back to the global mailbox. I get a status report with the completion status in the global mail box inbox from the assigned user, but the global mailbox never updates the task status. Ideally, I would like the global mailbox to see the task status update from the assigned user and then update the task status in the glo...

Exch 2k Cleanup
Hello all, I want to do some maintenance on my exchange standard 2k mailstorage. Recently the database came close to its maximum size. I then had users do major house cleaning and implement pst archiving which reclaimed 5GB of white space. Also, I use Backup Exec v9 for backup. For a few months I have been getting the following backup error: WARNING: "\\MAILSERVER\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Deb Ford [dford]Top of Information StoreContactsŒ〰〰〰〰搸㔳攸〹㘶挲㔸〴〸㘵㌵㉤㜷搴搳㑡㜰〰扣攰㐳ㅥㄲ㝢㐷㔴㡡㍦扥㍢㠵㜹㔹扣〰〰〰〰戲つ〰〰扣攰㐳ㅥㄲ㝢㐷㔴㡡㍦扥㍢㠵㜹㔹扣〰〰〰㠰㉥ㄴ〰〰<No Subject>" is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify....

Printing Tasks for Active Day only
Outlook 2003: When I print my calendar including tasks, the Tasks listed in outlook are only the tasks that are active for that day, but when I print, all tasks for the week are listed. Anybody know of a way for the Active Tasks only print? Pat ...