Cannot insert explicit value for identity column in table x

Sql Server 2005 9.00.4035.
We have a hub and spoke topology which includes 6 tables with identity
columns.
I need to add a new subscription to a new server (same version/sp).  I took
backup from another subscriber and restored to new server, ran snapshot, push
subscription.  To make sure a new record would replicate, I added a record at
the publisher with the followig text:
Insert into tblicimagefolder (imagefolder) values ('dummy')

A conflict occurs with the following:  This failure can be caused by a
constraint violation.  Cannot insert explicit value for identity column in
table tblicimagefolder when identity insert is set to off.

I do not want to turn the identity insert off becuase I want the system to
assign the value.

Thank you for any help in advance.

--
CindyB

How to copy cells without copying the hidden rows and columns?
I have hidden many rows and columns in an Excel document. I'm trying to copy the remaining cells (viewable) into another Excel document. When I paste into the new document, it has copied all the hidden cells as well. Hi - select your source range - hit F5, click 'Special', choose 'Visible cells only' - now copy+paste -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany tsewt23 wrote: > I have hidden many rows and columns in an Excel document. I'm trying > to copy the remaining cells (viewable) into another Excel document. > When I paste into the new document, it ha...

Display percent and value on stacked column chart
I'm displaying cumulative $ totals from 3 sales groups on a 100% stacked column chart. We've recently exceeded 100% of our total $ goal so the chart isn't able to display the amount above 100%. If I switch to a standard stacked column chart, I can't choose the display percentage option. I downloaded the Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler but I can't get it to display what I want. Perfect world would be displying the dollar value of each sales group in the column segments and showing percent of total goal on the y-axis. I would even be okay with showing the dollar valu...

AutoFilter list of values
When I activate the auto filter, a drop down lists the unique values within the column. How could I get this list of unique values? Hi RJH, As far as I know this can only be done with advanced filter. Select Data-Filter-Advanced Filter and check the Unique records only box. Cheers, JF. Another way to extract the list of unique values Suppose the data is in col A, A1 down Put in C1: =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)>1,"",ROW()) Put in B1: =IF(ISERROR(SMALL(C:C,ROWS($A$1:A1))),"",INDEX(A:A,MATCH(SMALL(C:C,ROWS($A$1 :A1)),C:C,0))) Select B1:C1 and copy down till the last ro...

How to lock column width?
i have to prevent users from changing column width. How can I do it? Tools > Protection > ProtectSheet.......... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "M" <M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0CB12B3F-CBD5-4C45-8571-89F8A814160B@microsoft.com... > i have to prevent users from changing column width. How can I do it? ...

Use of X.400 Addresses in Exchange 2003?
Our Exchange organization is pretty simple -- everything is routed with SMTP within one routing group, no foreign mail systems. Is there any reason why we need X.400 addresses for recipients? I noticed that recipient policies cannot be created without an X.400 address being defined. I've removed X.400 addresses from a few recipients, and it hasn't affected their mail delivery at all. They are required when you're on Exchange 5.5 or in mixed mode. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Patrick Rohe" <Patrick...

can I have variable widths in the same column
I would like to place two tables on the same worksheet one above the other. But they have different heading widths. Is it possible to have multiple widths in the same column and independently change them? No. The entire column of cells can only have one width. You can cheat a little and use the Merge Cells feature. But that could lead to other issues. Another option is to insert two empty columns between each column of data in your table and allow the headings to expand into those areas. "underw47" <underw47@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:608A94E...

Changing Of Column Values ?
Hello, Using Excel 2007 and Windows7 This sure seems "funny," and was hoping someone might explain it for me: In B1 I have the value 154.22 In B2 I have the value 33.74 In E1 I have 154000000 In E2 I have 33740000 I copy from Column E, and do a Paste Special in Column B Column B looks correct, as it has in: B1 the value 154220000 B2 the value 33740000 But- E1 has changed to 1.5422E+14 E2 has changed to 3.374E+13 In the Paste Special dialog box that came up I selected for Paste: Values, and Operation: None As the values in B look correct, I'...

inserting comments on protected cells
I have a multiuser spreadsheet and like to turn on the protection to protect locked cells. I leave certain cells unlocked for them to put in values but it won't let them insert comments. Is there anyway to protect my worksheet but still let users insert comments into unlocked cells? Ian, when you protect the sheet check allow users to edit objects -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Ian" <Ian@discuss...

Is there a keyboard shortcut for "paste values"?
or can I define one ? I'm really using a lot of paste values, and it's pain in the *** to use right click menu every time Regards, Sirritys Ctrl+V -- Arvi Laanemets ( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<at>tarkon.ee ) "Sirritys" <aki.koikkalainen@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1154506998.485777.116140@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > or can I define one ? > > I'm really using a lot of paste values, and it's pain in the *** to use > right click menu every time > > Regards, > Sirritys > It is quite easy to define a...

Colour plot area of a dual axis x,y chart
Hiya all Has anyone got a cure for this??? I have an xy scatter chart which has both primary and secondary axis. In the middle of the plot area i have an area (bounded by a data series line on all sides) that I want a different colour. I have browsed the site and see a couple of options but they require the secondary axis to be an area chart. This causes my xy chart to fail as it needs both axis. Once the chart is coloured it will be used as a printing template so no longer needs to function at all. The chart was designed in excel so that it could be dragged to the correct size whilst mai...

Pivot Tables: Is this possible?
I have data that looks like this: "HOUSE","MONTH","MILK-QTY","OJ-QTY","SODA-QTY","MILK-CST","OJ-CST","SODA-CST" house1,jan,A,B,C,1.00,2.00,3.00 house2,jan,A,B,C,4.00,5.00,6.00 house3,jan,A,B,C,7.00,8.00,9.00 house1,feb,D,E,F,1.50,2.50,3.50 .... etc. The prim key is "HOUSE"+"MONTH" and the "X-QTY" values are always the same across all houses (they are joined in from a table that is keyed only by "MONTH"). I want to use a pivot table to arrange it to be like this: MONTH | ...

Pivot table not alphabetizing correctly for one character
In Excell from Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Professional, after setting the pivot table to sort in ascending values, the field is sorted for all values except for one. This one lists at the top (or bottom if descending values) of the pivot table no matter what I've tried. The following are some of the field values: ALC, STC, NTL, DEF, LUC,MOL, JUN,SNO. When sorted, all are alphabetized except JUN. That value always is at the top. I've checked the original data, the query, and the excel data. All appear consistent and sort appropriately, the pivot table will not. If I chang...

System.Windows.Controls default values
Does anyone know how to determine default values of a UIElement derived object? eg. colour of a TextBox BorderBrush? I set a colour on an error condition, and once that error condition has been rectified I reset the colour to the original value. I may need to store original textbox border colour values of textboxes on startup, but out of curiosity, is there a way of getting at default values eg. if no attribute has been defined in the underlying XAML? Sorted this one out: TextBox t = (TextBox)sender; t.BorderBrush = null; // Revert to default. This does the jo...

Adding cells from two columns with contact into one cell
I want to know if it is possible to add content from two columns into one cells with multiple criteria. example. column 1 criteria is either AM or PM and I have to beable to distinguish between the two. Column 2 is scheduled, unscheduled, tardy, etc., column 2 has like seven different criteria. Is there a way of doing this? Not sure whether this is what you are looking for. Try the below in cell C2 with your text value in A2 and B2... =IF(AND(SUM(COUNTIF(A2,{"AM","PM"})), SUM(COUNTIF(B2,{"scheduled","unscheduled","tardy"}))),A2&...

Insert a figure waf. IF statement
Hi I wonder if it is some possibility to insert a figure/clip art o picture with the aid of a IF statement? I use Excel 2003. example If the person is higher at the list this time then last, insert i gree arrow... best regards Run -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi only possible with VBA. If you're happy with a hyperlink this could be achieved with IF and HYPERLINK -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi > I wonder if it is some possibility to insert a figure/clip art or > picture with the aid of a IF statement? > I use Excel 2003. > > exam...

How do I sum a number of columns and ignore the minimum value?
=SUM(A:G,-MIN(A:G)) However, this only removes the min. value once. If the minimum value appears several times and you want to ignore all instances of it, then use: =SUM(A:G,-SUMIF(A:G,MIN(A:G))) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- > >. > Nicole =SUM(A1:M1)- MIN(A1:M1) If you have ties for MIN, only one will get dropped. =SUM(IF(A1:M1<>MIN(A1:M1),A1:M1)) entered with CRTL + SHIFT + ENTER will SUM only cells that are greater than MIN(drop all MIN's) Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 16:41:06 -0800, Nicole <Nicole@discussions.micros...

Combine data from tables into query
I have two tables. I would like to make a query that includes data that is in both tables and unmatched data. An example of what I'm tyring to get: Original: Table 1 Table 2 Name ID Unique Number Name Emp. Code Status John Franks g123 99652 John Franks 456 Active Frank Carr h456 9523 Greg James 321 Inactive What I'm trying to get: Query: Name ID Unique Number Emp.Code Status John Franks g123 99652 456 ...

Adding Value to Cell Reference
The following formula is in Cell A1 =AVERAGE(Sheet1!F14:F20) When I COPY this formula to Cell A2, I would like to be able to add a value to specify which row in Sheet1 I want the formula to refer to. For example, if I copy the formula to the next cell, I'd like to be able to use a variable, say B1 (where B1 =3) to make the copied formula look like this (adding B1 value to F14 and F20 references to get): =AVERAGE(Sheet1!F17:F23) Can someone explain how? Why don't you just use the actual row number? B1 = 17 =AVERAGE(INDEX(Sheet1!F:F,B1):INDEX(Sheet1!F:F,B1+6)) Which translates to:...

help with a scatter graph of conditioned values
I'm a big newbie in matter of charting and vba...I hope somenone can help me....here is my problem I need to plot a XY scatter graph. X and Y data values are mutually dependents one each other and they change under an extra condition that I want to represent qith a macro control. Hmmmm...let's try to give you an example: first of all I need to define EXTRA CONDITIONS as follows name S A 1 B 1,15 C 1,20 D 1,25 E 1,35 ..... ..... My goal is to have a control in cell C1 that traduces "if 'name'=A then 'S'=1, if &...

"You tried to assign a Null value..."
Hope I can be helped! Here’s the error message: “You tried to assign a Null value to a variable that is not a Variant data type”. Here’s the setup: tblContacts ContactID tblChapters ChapterID tblChapterMembers ChapterMemberID ContactID ChapterID (which is a bad design since a contact can only be a member of one chapter, but that’s how I designed it) The row source for subfrmChapterMembers is SELECT Chapter.ChapterID, Chapter.ChapterName FROM Chapter; frmContacts is based on tblContacts. I have subformChapterMembers on frmContacts. Not all contacts belong to a chapter. If I leave t...

Vook Up Table
Hi, I'm trying to setup a spread sheet to keep track of my hockey refing games and how much i've maid. I want to be able to put in what type of game i did in the spread sheet, and then i want the amount i made for that game to be automatically filled in. There are 3 varaibles that determine how mush i make. Age, Division, and whether i Ref or Line the game. So how do i set this up? I'd set it up like this: Age Division Ref/Line Col D Col E Wage/Salary D1 = A1&" "&B1&" "&C1 I'd use the same type of helper column on your primar...

Protecting value in cells to change
Hello Excellers, I have the next problem, when i have a value on Sheet1!C3, Sheet2!cells C3:C10 may not bechanged. When sheet1!C3 is empty, Sheet2!cellsC3:C10 can be changed. How can i accomplish this action ? Greetz, Reijer You can do this with data validation but there are limits as to how much "protection" this will give you. You can try this out and see if it meets your needs. Create this defined name: Goto Insert>Name>Define Name: SH1C3 Refers to: =Sheet1!$C$3 OK Select the range Sheet2 C3:C10 Goto Data>Validation Alow: Custom Formula: =SH1C3="" U...

Multiple values in a crosstab
I have database where each emloyee enters date and hours worked, I then calculate hours by rate to give value. I need a crosstab to show by emloyee(column) and by date (row) the total hours and total value. What would be the most elegant way of accomplishing this. Thank You -- Alex Paszkiewicz I've done this a couple of times by creating a pivot table in excel but basing the data on my sql statement. During creation of the pivot choose external data source and use the SQL statement. It gives the enduser a dashboard display where they can manipulate some of the variables. "...

Total the Value of Orders in a given month
Hi, Thanks in advance for any help you can give... I am running Exce 2002.... I need to calculate the total sales for a given month from a sheet Each order is inputed on a separate row. Column E is the date of eac order... Column L is the $ amount... The sheet spans about 3 years... I need to return the sum of sales for each month to a cell.. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, If we use June, 2004, as an example of the month whose total sales we want, try: =SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(E2:E1000)=6)*(YEAR(E2:E1000)=2004)*(L2:L1000)) Adjust the ranges accordingly. Hope this hel...

how to fill 2 access columns with workbooknames and worksheetname
Dear All, Please any idea on how to insert the filename without the .xls extension in the first column of the access table and the worksheet name in the second column of the access table?. Please I am working on a cost accounting document of a company. The workbook is named after the cost center name eg Sales and the Worksheet is named after the general ledger code (GLCode eg EE00875). After trasfering all worksheets of all workbooks into one access table using the TransferSpreadsheet method (this is successful), I created two columns using the RunSQL and ALTER TABLE statement (this ...