BCP Computed Column

Hi.

I have a table with a computed column. When I try to import data into table
through BCP it generates error due to computed column. So how to handle a
computed column while importing data into table through bcp from a text file.

Regards,
Muhammad Bilal

You need to use a format file that tells BCP to skip that column.  See BOL
for info on bcp format files.

Tom

"Muhammad Bilal" <MuhammadBilal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> I have a table with a computed column. When I try to import data into
> table
> through BCP it generates error due to computed column. So how to handle a
> computed column while importing data into table through bcp from a text
> file.
>
> Regards,
> Muhammad Bilal

0
Tom

Different Columns on different pages
Hi - think this will be easily resolved but I am stuck! In publisher 2000 how do you create a multipaged, two page spread that has different columns on some pages. I keep bringing myself back to "ignore background" and trying to use "arrange" - "layout Guides" - but this isnt right. Am I thinking too deep? Is the whole point that the layout guides are simply guides and stay the same thorugh the whole document regardless.... you just use ruler guides to make the changes through the different pages? Any idea's? Thanks Julia ...

Advanced Find
I'd like to set up a query that pulls a list of contacts and their parent customer's address information. Logically this is so I could send a mailing out to all employees of certain accounts but send it to the account's mailing address, not the address of the contact. Is this possible? The reason I need to do this is because we store the contact's *personal* address in their record and the company address in the parent customer's record. If it is not possible to do the above, how are other people handling this situation? Duplicating the account address in the contac...

Return last and second last "populated" cell in column
Display last and second last values from "populated" cells in a column. Say A1:A10 with results in A11 and A12. This could apply where you want to generate the number of hours of work in each of the last two working weeks in a 10 week period. Not all 10 weeks will have hours; some will be blank. The formula should remain true in another 10 week period with different weeks being blank. I have formulas which work well in Google Docs Spreadsheet but I have not been able to modify them to make them compatible with Excel. To return last .. format the cell to hours..(if ...

how can I extend number of columns in excel
Hi all, I am using excel to download my data in the columns. I can only use Excel for my purpose bcos thats how the machine is configured. I record the data in columns every minute so I can only record only data for 256 mins. Its a real time data I can only control it by stopping and starting the test after every 4 hrs which is not feasible. Please advice me for the situation. Is there a way by which excel can start recording the data in next sheet after it has finished recording in one sheet? thanks anupam Anupam wrote: >I am using excel to download my data in the columns. I can...

Auto Fit Row and Columns
Greetings, I am using Excel 2002 and the auto fit feature does not seem to work. I am using wrap text in the row. After pressing enter, only a portion of the cell contents show. I tried autofit but it does not work. I thought I would be able to type and hit enter and the row height would adjust automatically. I tried to double click between the rows but that does not work. Is there a Options setting I need to turn on or something? Thanks in advance. Mike Autofit will not work on a merged cell, nor when the text length gets over about a thousand characters. Maybe you have one of these condi...

Column Chart with Dynamix Target Zones
Hi, I have multiple column charts (approximately 55) with a Y-axis of 0% to 100%. I have been asked to add "targets" or "zones" that display whether or not a customer has reached a certain level, currently 52% to 57%, 57% to 69%, and 69% to 100%, but the zones shift week to week. I have been toying with adding a second axis but can not seem to figure out how to map the Major units back to the Excel sheet? Any suggestions on how to approach this problem would be greatly appreciated! TIA, B. Hi, Here is the basic idea suppose the following is set up in A1:E10: ...

changing computers; how to get all of my emails/signatures over
We often build new computers at the office and now I am getting a new machine. How do I get all of my old emails and signatures onto my new computer? I will still be using outlook. Outlook & Exchange/Windows Messaging Backup and Dual-Boot: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "ops man" <cs@gigagolf.com> wrote in message news:f26aa101.0311180604.98bd612@posting.google.com... We often build new computers at the office and now I am getting a new machine. How do I get all of my old emails and signatures onto my new computer? I wi...

Two copies of Money on one computer
I'm doing checking for two small companies. Is it possible to run two copies of Money on one computer that would be independant from one another? The solution is not two copies of Money but rather two Money (.mny) files. Call them Company A.mny and Company B.mny. Be aware that the program will always open the last file that it used. I got round this by having two shortcuts on my desktop with the relevant file names. You may need " " around the file names to cope with embedded spaces. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.m...

'magnifying' the top end of a stacked column chart
This may be a FAQ, but I cannot find/figure it out. I have several series of data, which I am stacking up on top of each other in a column chart, for different X-axis categories. The first series numbers are very large, the later ones become mostly increasingly small. I would like to focus the chart on the top end, and not extend it all the way to the x-axis, as thus the very large series-one columns would take up most of the chart, Now, I know I can set the 'minimum' on the y-axis to some value (and thus 'lose' most of the series-1 stacks in the graph), but that would mean...

combine Column & line charts
I am trying to create a chart that shows Total AR as a column and % over 30 & over 60 as lines. I've tried to use the Line-Column but it only plots one of the % data and not both. Those "built-in custom" charts are a pain. Make a column chart with all three series. Select the Over 30 series, and use Chart menu > Chart Type to change it to a line type. Repeat this for the Over 60 series. If you want the percentages on the secondary axis, double click the Over 30 series, and on the Axis tab, choose Secondary. Repeat for the Over 60 series. - Jon ------- Jon Pelt...

Hiding a column VBA based on a condition
Im attempting to hide any coumn based on a condition. For example should 000 exist in cells B1:F9 then I want to hide the corresponding column say coumn C. b c d e f 1 000 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Can anyone work out the code and also whats the best way to teac yourself VBA. At the moment Im learning but very slowly can anyon recommend anything. Thanks for your time. Chri -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Here is a couple of ways 1st macro looks for only match using find command on the renge 2nd macro looks at the value of each cell ...

Find duplicates from 4 columns in excel sheet
Howto locate duplicates in excel sheet Ok, I have a excel sheet with 4 columns: Department, Date, Employee Name, Absent Code Anyways, each day different department use a front end sheet that I made, pick their list selections and press upload... The data range gets uploaded to a running file that stacks data under the old data without spaces... Headers in this running file are A1:D1 Everything below it is my data, current range is: A2:D4346 What I wanted to do with this file is to analyze it for double posts. In the upload script I simply date stamp a protected cell and compare that, on...

drop down menu's on every row of a column
Hi, I have a set of data on a spreadsheet that has a large amount of row and a few columns. What I need: I want in one of those columns to have a drop down menu i every of its cells that uses the input of a certain data range. I started with using a combo box on the top cell of the column but no I want it on every single cell in the column so that one of th criteria's in the list can be selected. I don't want to copy the box o every single cell and it should also only be shown that there is a dro down list when the usere goes over the cell with his or her mous cursor... I hope i m...

Synchronizing Outlook between 2 computers
Dear Forum, I am looking for a software program that will allow me to sync Outloo for my two computers. I am running Outlook 2002 for both my deskto and laptop. Ideally, I would like to sync all of the Outloo information between the 2 computers. At the very least, I would lik to be able to see the same folders and email messages that I hav created on my desktop when I switch to my laptop and vice versa. I have found the following software that purports to accomplish wha I'm looking for. I would greatly appreciate any recommendations o links to reviews - 1) Easy2Sync: http://www.its...

Delete all rows where column A is blank
I need to write a macro to delete all rows where column A is blank. Can anyone help me with this please? -- Thank you, Jodie Try some code like the following. Change the value "Sheet1" to the appropriate worksheet name. Sub AAA() Dim LastRow As Long Dim RowNdx As Long Dim WS As Worksheet Set WS = Worksheets("Sheet1") With WS LastRow = .UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell) _ .EntireRow.Cells(1, "A") For RowNdx = LastRow To 1 Step -1 If .Cells(RowNdx, "A").Value = vb...

Just one cell in an Excel column won't text wrap.
I'm using Excel for text entries. I selected one column, and formatted the cell alignment to wrap text. This has been working just fine until the last 3 entries, which have reverted to hidden text. (I can see that the text is there, but only a portion is showing.) When I check the individual cells, they show the formatting to be for wrapped text. I've tried undoing the formatting for the entire column, and starting over again. The cells that were wrapped revert to their wrapped state, and these "unwrapped" cells go back to being unwrapped again as well. I'...

[Wave4] Account Column still not fixed
I Unfortunately there's still the same annoying "bug" as it was in the previous final version. If you manually add another column for Account in order to see where an email originates from it doesn't work for Hotmail/Live accounts. The new column displays the account correctly for all email accounts accept for Hotmail/Live accounts. http://i.imgur.com/56r5X.jpg I hope it gets fixt until the final release. I think you maybe need to set up your hotmail/live accounts as pop3 to do this. Mine all work to add columns. Art [artfudd] Folden -- "Phil"...

Column width
Is there a way to adjust the column widths in the Account screens? Envo In microsoft.public.money, Envo wrote: >Is there a way to adjust the column widths in the Account screens? It depends what you mean by account screens. Portfolio yes. Registers, no. "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message news:bbop021kqtuktlmju9bv83crvajkflh9ji@4ax.com... > In microsoft.public.money, Envo wrote: > >>Is there a way to adjust the column widths in the Account screens? > > It depends what you mean by account screens. Portfolio yes. > Re...

Transferring column width format from a worksheet?
To be specific, I will describe the situation for an address/telephone spreadsheet. This sheet will columns of various widths. One for area code needs only ton handle three digit entries while the basic number needs eight characters if you include the hyphen. A street address could be fairly long, 20 characters or more. A state code needs only two. If I want another sheet with the same column widths as one I like, how can you transfer the column width formatting? Paste Special format does not seem to transfer column widths. Bill -- An old man would be better off never having been bor...

Money 06 OEM Cost Basis columns added incorrectly
I use the above ver of Money and enter my own transactions into PortfolioManager. Before last week I had 7 mutual fund accounts there and all was fine. Then I bought some stock from an online broker. I set up the investment account on the Acounts list page and everything looks good...the account register lists proper prices, costs, commissions etc, and the cash transactions register is correct. At least everything makes sense to me... When I goto PortfolioMan, the stock account is listed as it should, but for some reason the 'Cost Basis' column is totaled wrong, which is messin...

creating a table with multiple columns
for a High School science project my daughter created a survey with 39 possible responses (3 groups of 13 responses in each group) the people taking the survey are supposed to pick the top 4 responses in each group (numbered 1-4, 1 being the highest). Other information is Age, grade and gender of the person taking the survey. What would be the best way to create the table and eventually charts to diplay the results of the survey? I was thinking of a flat table with a number in the cells correspondig to their answers but I have no idea how to create the charts or compare the answers w...

Function to add name of Sheet to a Column?
I am preparing to merge sheets in a workbook, before I do I need to find a way to pull the sheet name into ColumnX so once merged I will retain the categorization. Is there a simple formula I can paste/fill-down into a column to do this? Thanks in advance =MID(CELL("filename"),FIND("]",CELL("filename"))+1,255) Success, click yes. -- Wag more, bark less "msnyc07" wrote: > I am preparing to merge sheets in a workbook, before I do I need to find a > way to pull the sheet name into ColumnX so once merged I will retain the ...

? Changing Column for "Jump Key" in List Control
Hi, When you press a key in a list control, it jumps to the next item whose first-column text begins with that key. I am looking for a way to change that, so that pressing a key jumps to an item based on a different column. I don't mean just reordering the columns, so that the first column appears in a different position, but actually using a different column. I looked around for an answer, but only found a couple of others who /asked/ this (and did not get responses). :( Is it even possible? I could swear that I have seen it, or read of a way to do it. (On this topic, does anyone know...

unique values of a column
hi how can i get the unique values of a column in an array? thanks in advance I think Advanced Filter will do what you want, there is an excellent tutorial here from Debra Dalgleish http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html Regards <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:073d01c49649$6e4e49e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > > hi > > how can i get the unique values of a column in an array? > thanks in advance > > Hi, Additionally check out Chip Pearson's website at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingUnique >-----Orig...

Expanding column count
In Excel 2003 the last column in a sheet is fixed when you first save the new file. The last column in my spreadsheet has data so Excel won't allow Insert to add a column at the end. Is there another way to add one more blank column at the end of an existing sheet? You'll have to delete a column between your "real" data and the last column. Then insert a new column. Is there a reason you're using the last column? Maybe you could move that to column A. If you don't like seeing the stuff in that column, you could hide column A, too. mazorj wrot...