Attach mdf file without ndf

Hi,
I have a database with one mdf file for the primary file group and one ndf
file por a secondary file group. I wasn't using the ndf file, so all my data
is in the mdf file. Last night I lost the ndf file and I tried to attach the
mdf file, but sql is looking for the ndf file.
I even tried to use an ndf file from a backup, but I received a message
error that said the file doesn't match with the primary file.

Is there a way to attach an mdf file ignoring this ndf file?

"Ricardo Cortes" <RicardoCortes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have a database with one mdf file for the primary file group and one ndf
> file por a secondary file group. I wasn't using the ndf file, so all my
> data
> is in the mdf file. Last night I lost the ndf file and I tried to attach
> the
> mdf file, but sql is looking for the ndf file.
> I even tried to use an ndf file from a backup, but I received a message
> error that said the file doesn't match with the primary file.
>
> Is there a way to attach an mdf file ignoring this ndf file?

No.
http://www.google.com/search?q=sql+server+attach+mdf+no+ndf&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=utf8&oe=utf8

0
Scott

MS Project 2003 File Size Growing
I have multiple projects with individual project files all linked to a common resource pool that has 750 different resources. I have used this setup for the past 2 years and haven't had any problems. However, last week I noticed that the files were taking longer and longer to open. I checked the properties and noticed that the file sizes ranged between 65,000KB - 89,000KB. I delinked the individual schedules from the resource pool and recreated it. The original file size for this resource pool was 2,500KB. As soon as I linked it to project schedule the file size grew to...

How to write xml file using existing XML Schema file?
My app used myDataset.xmlwrite to export dataset to xml file. It works fine for data but first two lines need to modify as existing XML Schema file. Below are the difference in first two lines: New xml file: <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes" ?> <NewDataSet> <SpecSum> <USER>ANDYK</USER> <Grouper>Allergy/Immunology</Grouper> <Auths>0</Auths> <Cost>0</Cost> </SpecSum> <SpecSum> Old xml file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> ...

Photo attachments no longer open correctly
This just started happening. Whenever I open a photo attachment in Outlook e-mail, MS Photo Editor opens, but its minimized. I can maximize it only, it will not restore to a partial window. What happened? ...

Import Pipe Delimited File, Parse out certian Fields, create new f
In Excel 2000, how do I take a pipe delimited file, strip out column(field) 6, 10, 11, 21. Then take that data, create a new pipe delimited file, and put the stripped 4 fields in columns 4,5,6,7 of a 15 column(field) new pipe delimited file? I want to do this automatically on a file that contains 1000+ records. What goes in columns 1-3 and 8-15 of the new file? In article <4696CAA0-1DD3-45E3-9627-3FE001611AD2@microsoft.com>, "StarBoy2000" <StarBoy2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In Excel 2000, how do I take a pipe delimited file, strip out column(fiel...

Office XP transfer of files to new PC
I am transfering files from my old PC to a new one and I want to take my Office XP just as it is on the old one to the new one; settings and all. Anyone know how to do this? First, you must reinstall Office. Then you can configure Outlook to use the same Outlook Data File (PST file) you were using before instead of the new blank one it created when you installed Outlook: - Go to Tools > Options > Mail Setup > Data Files > Add... - Add the PST you'd like as your new default, then Close > OK to exit the Options dialog - Go to Tools > E-mail Accounts > View or chan...

Archive File Backup
The default archive.pst folder location for Outlook 2002 is under a folder called "local settings" (the actual path is quite a bit longer). It does not appear this folder can be shared so the archive.pst can be backed up. Is there a way to share this file for backup or other method I'm missing? Thanks for your help and suggestions. Diane I would go to options in Outlook and change the path for the archives...to say My Documents. That way if you back up My documents (with Outlook closed!) then all is saved... >-----Original Message----- >The default archive.pst...

Importing data without losing calulations or formate
Sorry if reposted, didn't seem to go the first time. Hi, I am wonder if it is possible to have a worksheet setup so that an calculations and formatting are maintained if new or additional data i imported. IE Name Cost x 1 y 2 TOTAL 3 (Sum formula) But if added another row the sum updates. Name Cost x 1 y 2 z 1 TOTAL 4 (Sum formula) I would be cool with doing it via VBA if neccessary. TIA -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, in nearly all cases you won't need VBA. For your example...

2 Files Open In 2 Instances Of Excel #3
Dave...... It works superb, But however........when the code gets to the Application.IgnoreRemoteRequests = True part, it opens a pop up prompt window saying "Existing Remote Links Will Be Terminated" And then asks for an "OK" or a "Cancel" Is there a way to stop this pop up from dissplaying? Hope you can once again help. Thanks Celtic_Avenge -- Celtic_Avenge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Celtic_Avenger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1410 View this thread: http://w...

Offline Files - An official stance
Hi there, I've been looking for a whitepaper, or an official line from Microsoft which defines the capabilities of Offline Files in a client/server environment. As we all know, in a XP Client<=>Windows Server 2003 environment, once Folder Redirection has been established by Group Policy, the redirected folder is automatically made available offline. This is what Microsoft only seem to explicitly refer to in white papers. From my experience of Offline Files & Windows networking in general, I strongly feel that Offline Files is not suitable to be enabled by multi...

renaming a file, "save as" to rename file
Version: 2008 I need to change the name of a file, and I would also like to be able to click &quot;save as&quot; so I could name the file as I am saving, Thanks! Pat Hi Pat: Try clicking "Help" in Word. Cheers On 4/02/10 2:45 PM, in article 59bb2397.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "patmuniz@officeformac.com" <patmuniz@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 I need to change the name of a file, and I would also like to be > able to click "save as" so I could name the file as I am saving, Thanks! Pat This email is my business...

Excel Charts from pivot tables without scroll down bar?
Is there an easy way to copy/paste a pivot table chart into powerpoint without scroll down bars? If you hide them in Excel: On the PivotTable toolbar, choose PivotChart>Hide PivotChart Field Buttons they should also be hidden when you paste the chart into PowerPoint. Angel wrote: > Is there an easy way to copy/paste a pivot table chart into powerpoint > without scroll down bars? -- Debra Dalgleish Contextures http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

How do I send an Excel attachment so that the recipient cannot al.
I'm trying to send an Excel document as an attachment. I sent it to myself, but found that I could alter the document while reading it. I want to know how to send any document via email knowing that the document cannot be altered when it's received. Please help! Thanks! You could lock cells and protect the sheet, but that really won't stop many. Worksheet protection is easily broken. Excel doesn't offer that kind of security. Maybe you could send a picture of the data (print screens or pdf's???). Excel Question wrote: > > I'm trying to send an Excel d...

can't see pictures and attach when receiving email
when i send an email with pictures embedded and/or attachments, some of the recipien can't see them. Where is the problem. Can somebody help me? -- Rene "biermeier" <biermeier@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:299DE2A5-99EC-4A38-9AF7-D203AA3C48B2@microsoft.com... > when i send an email with pictures embedded and/or attachments, some of the > recipien can't see them. Where is the problem. Can somebody help me? Once likely cause is sending the messages in Rich Text format. Only people using Outlook cna see attachments to Rich Text messages. Make...

WinXP Outlook 2003: Unable to Export Contacts to CSV File
Something odd is going on. When I try to export Contacts (File-Import/Export-Outlook...-Export to a file-Comma Seperated Values (Windows) The only folder to export from is an obscure PST file I created a few years back, at the same time I created many other PST files, all of which are in the same location, noe of which show up - only this one. Why can I only see one PST file? Why can't I see anything related to a Contacts file? Windows Explorer has been taking forever to show folders lately,and I've been getting periodic error messages stating: "svchost.exe - Applicatio...

[help please!] Extract selected data from html files using keywords?
Hi, I would like to keep some selected data in an Excel cell that is available between two keywords in an internet html page (to be downloaded by excel). For instance : Inside the html file, there is the following text : --- Number : 1258622 Sector : electric Net : 8.2 --- So I would like Excel to search between the keyword "Number" and "Sector" and keep the data "1258622" in a cell. Many thanks in advance for any help, ;-) Tid These lines are all in one cell? If yes, then this worked ok for me (assumes A1 contains the text): =--REPLACE(REPLACE(A1,SEARC...

Windows Mail
Hello Do you have any useful links to resources to save attachments with a script or rule in windows mail. What I have seen, there is only an option to move the message to a special folder in the windows mail rules ´ Thank you for your help Peter None that I'm aware of. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Peter Bauer" <PeterBauer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:A78829FA-47CF-45F3-AA89-16B338BDF3A9@microsoft.com... >=20 > Hello >=20 > D...

Network file save
Hi guys, I just wanted to ask for help or any suggestion regarding this matter. I'm running Win2000 Server & Professional and I notice from one of the PC that when I open a network excel file and save it, it will prompt and it will create a " xxx0000" file. I tried to look for the updated file and found out that this file is latest one. I opened it and save it as the original filename. This happens everytime I modified and save excel files. Hope anyone of you there might be able to assist me...Thanks :) --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ When excel saves...

file not opening
Hi to all, I have a diskette with two files in it. The first file opens as usual but the second one I cannot open. I get a message that the program is not responding. Is there a way to go around it or have I lost all my data? I appreciate any help, thanks in advance, george Hi George I think you lost it Always copy to your hard disk first open it from there and work with it and save it copy back to floppy Microsoft barely acknowledge this in a hard to locate tip: Secret #28 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/support/Excel/Content/CoolTips/cool.asp#E10E28 -- Regards R...

Report Access not Kerberos perhaps IIS or Security
This is the Debug Info from DevErrors=On. The problem occurs when any user (except when on server itself) accesses Reports or System Settings. Any information on how to sort this much appreciated. Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Detai...

I lost my file
Dear ALL I had problems with my computer. It freezed up. And my file disappeared. However, my Recycle Bin contains the previous version of the file (without changes that are very important to me). And when I tried (just as an example) to restore it, computer gave me message "Should I replace X-file with Y-file".. In other words, it seems like that the file X, which i'm looking for, is still somewhere in the computer. But, I could not find it through Search ... Is there any other way to find the file ..? thank you in advance Open the Recycle bin and click on the file you ...

need to import a svg file into publisher
I have some drawings as svg format, and I need to import them into MO Publisher 2007. Then I want to modify/edit these drawings direct in Publisher. HOW ?!! Thks ! Do you have a drawing program? I open .svg images in Corel. You might try using the free Serif program DrawPlus. If you want to edit the image in Publisher you have to maintain the vector format. http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/ -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E2AF9A3-7098-45FA-868E-DD6BD5F9FDA1@microsoft.com... >I have ...

Attachments embedding in the text of email
How do I make attachments appear in a separate "Attached:" line (under the Subject line), rather than them being embedded in the text of the email? My current default is attachments appear embedded in the email text, which recipients cannot open. Thanks for advice (Using Outlook 2007) Tim S wrote: > How do I make attachments appear in a separate "Attached:" line (under the > Subject line), rather than them being embedded in the text of the email? > My current default is attachments appear embedded in the email text, which > recipients cannot ope...

Outlook 2003 insert file dialog will not display as list
Hi I have a strange problem with some users on Outlook 2003 (SP3) on Windows XP (SP2). When clicking the paper clip icon to insert a file, the resulting dialog box will not allow you to display the files as the 'list' or 'details' view. If you select either of these, the files are displayed as icons, despite the drop down box confirming that the files should be displayed in list form. This is not a problem for every user, but for those that have this issue, it is not apparent on any other Office product installed on their systems. Has anyone seen this before and have or su...

how do I embed files to tabs in a worksheet?
please help... not sure what you mean, a worksheet is a tab in a workbook (sheet1, sheet2, etc) do you want the worksheet itself to have tabs? "jc80013" wrote: > please help... ...

I tried to send a large file, wont send, cant delete.
I tried to send a large video file with my Outlook 2007 from using Windows Vista. Now, I can't get Outlook to send that message and since that time Outlook has not been working properly. I cannot delete the large message/file that I tried to send. Cannot delete the large file. thanks.... See if the info here helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm "Ronsports" <Ronsports@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7252BD14-1AED-487F-81AE-ED8CB8D5E6ED@microsoft.com... > I tried to send a large video file with my Outlook 2007 from us...