RDL Report View Editor

I have to edit some RDL files for reporting from a SQL 2000 Server.
Unfortunately, I am not able to use Report Builder 2.0.  I can edit the files
with RB 2.0, but they will not upload to my SQL 2000 server.  That leads me
to have to use an older tool for editing.  I'm not able to find an editor
that will present the RDL file graphically, like RB 2.0.  Everything I've
tried shows me the 'raw' XML file.

Does anyone know of a graphical RDL editor other than RB 2.0?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Bryan

I resolved the issue.

"wan_link" wrote:

> I have to edit some RDL files for reporting from a SQL 2000 Server.
> Unfortunately, I am not able to use Report Builder 2.0.  I can edit the files
> with RB 2.0, but they will not upload to my SQL 2000 server.  That leads me
> to have to use an older tool for editing.  I'm not able to find an editor
> that will present the RDL file graphically, like RB 2.0.  Everything I've
> tried shows me the 'raw' XML file.
>
> Does anyone know of a graphical RDL editor other than RB 2.0?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Bryan
-1

Commandbar not getting added to inspector when word is used as editor
Hi, I have written a Com Add-in which adds a new Commandbar to the New Mai window. I am using the NewInspector event to place a Commandbar wit buttons on a new mail Inspector window , I.e. Whenever New Mail messag window is opened. I have created a new commandbar and aded a ne commandbutton on that newly created commandbar. Everything is working fine if i use HTML as mail editor. If i use wor as the default mail editor in outlook, then the commandbar is no getting added and also the buttons. Could someone please suggest me what i should do to add the commandbar to the word mail editor when ...

Condensing and Expanding reports
Does anyone know how I can set a item report (like the item value report) to automatically condense (+ )or (-) the items in a department automatically? RMS defaults to expand the items in a given department and we would like to condense every time rather than clicking the (-) button on the report each time. I know there must be a sequel statement that lets me do this but don't know what it is... Jack, Hopefully someone else will pipe in, but rather than clicking on each (-), click on the Close all groups icon on the top of the report, the 7th icon or just press Ctrl+Z -- * &qu...

I cant view my publisher page choice fromt and back
I am using Publisher 2000. I have used it for four years, quite successfully. I opened one of my two page (front & back) reports to reprint it, and i cant find the page choice blocks (not in my view) that are normally down on the lower left part of the main page. I am unable to edit the second page, but when I print, it prints both front and back. I checked my other reports, and the page choice is not visable in any of the reports. Help view...toolbars...status bar -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com &q...

Report server Error 07-01-04
After Installing MSCRM I get the following message when trying to access Reports : The report server cannot decrypt the symmetric key used to access sensitive or encrypted data in a report server database. You must either restore a backup key or delete all encrypted content and then restart the service. Check the documentation for more information. (rsReportServerDisabled) Get Online Help Bad Data. I found "Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 842421 " that states the exact Error message but in their case it's caused because the user account that is used to run the Repo...

How to set program to view hyperlink?
When I make a hyperlink in Excel 2000, I cannot change which program opens it. Where is the set file associations setting? I am hyperlinking to jpgs. It opens my paint program (PSP) instead of my clipart viewer (ACDSee). I have disassociated PSP with jpg - jpeg. Associated ACDSee with jpg -jpeg. Set Windows Explorer\Tools\Folder Options\File Types to open jpg - jpeg extensions with ACDSee. This was working, now all a sudden it has changed. Any ideas? Thanks, Carol Hi any chance your Windows settings have been changed?. >-----Original Message----- >When I make a hyperlink in Excel 2...

Setting up the Viewing Area
How do I set up the main viewing panes so that I show Mail but where the reading pane is, I show a calendar and a tasks pane instead. The online help talks about docking and undocking panes but the handle isn't visible to grab. Use the folders view and select to view the calendar. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Geoff Schaller asked: | How do I...

attempting to view replies
When attempting to view replies, either by preview or by opening, the reply is not displayed. Only the contents of the original email is displayed. This occurrs in IMAP folders. By closing and reopening Outlook I can get the reply to dispaly but I should not have to this. Any suggestions? Clean out your TEMP and Temporary Internet Files folders. Start run and type %temp%, delete all files in this folder. "Blogman" <@> wrote in message news:O0JYND4vFHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > When attempting to view replies, either by preview or by opening, the > reply > is...

Custom Report / Z Type
I need a custom report that gives me information by date in a Z-report type format. The first column would be batch and/or closing date. Then the next columns I need are: COGS Deposits made Deposits redeemed Sales (net of discounts and returns, pre-tax) Paid on account Paid to account Tax collected Over/short total Closing total (for each temder type, so multiple columns) Paid out total I checked out the Z report that is floating around out there. It is a good start, but I can't seem to modify it to suit my needs. Any help? The Combined/All Z Reports that I found on the http://ww...

draw a horizontal line at the end of report
My report draws vertical lines in details section. How can I draw a horizontal line after last record on each page to make the table complete? Thanks. -- Lydia Liu Access/VB Programmer Have you tried adding a horizontal line in the Page Footer? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Lydia" wrote: > My report draws vertical lines in details section. How can I draw a > horizontal line after last record on each page to make the table complete? > Thanks. > > -- > Lydia Liu > Access/VB Programmer > ...

Budget Items do not appear in Monthly Budget Report
Hello, I've been using Money for nearly a decade to track account details and that has worked fine. Now, I've decided to start using the budgeting functionality and am extremely frustrated. I have items that show in the budget, but when I view the Monthly Budget report they are not included. What gives? The item is a simple mortgage payment setup as a "Loan Payment" bill from checking to the mortgage loan account. Please help! Thanks! Ian "R. Ian Lee" <RIanLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C07484ED-52E3-4FA8-87EF-EB0679821972@...

Modifying default Crystal report template on CRM 1.2
Hi, I recently added a custom schema field in Leads. Now I want the added custom field to show up in the Leads report. After I added the custom field into the report template, when I view the report Crystal Viewer returns an error, "Unable to query". Can anyone help me? Thanks. ...

weekly reports
I need to be able to get a weekly report and i need to know where I should put this in access the date range is >=and date<= to give me a report between cetain dates.Any sggestion gratefully received See: Limiting a Report to a Date Range at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-08.html You said "weekly report", so it would be possible to do this with one parameter insted of two. For example, in Method 1 of that article, you would replace: Between [StartDate] And [EndDate] with: Between [StartDate] And [StartDate] + 6 -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, West...

Creating CRM summary reports
We are using the CRM 1.2 for sales and customer service departments. Most of the reports needed by the managers are of summary type. One example is, orders by sales rep. The requirement here is to generate a report that just shows the number of cases resolved by each customer service rep for the current quarter/year. The problem I am facing is that there is no way for me to get summary of information from CRM SDK. I have to get all cases and then in crystal reports, I do a grouping by owner and hide the details tab. Though this solution works, but it ends up consuming a lot of memory ...

views on PPT 2010 beta
01) Fresh and smart looking slide transitions which can be minutely time conrolled 02) copy animations to other objects (great time saver for repeat animation actions) 03) NOT HAPPY WITH the fact there ARE NO NEW ANIMATIONS (NOT A SINGLE ONE ) AT ALL. When MS can add dyamic directX slide transitions i cnnot understand why a library of dynamic directX and other 3D exit and entry animations could not have been added. Those who are experimenting or playing arund with the beta please append and post other additions, omissions or modifcations here in preparation for office 2010! ...

Posting Reports in Manufacturing-How to turn off
In regular dynamic V10, you can go to the posting options and turn off the printing (and get rid of the box asking where to send report) Where do you do the same in manufacturing? For example after a MO receipt, we do not want to print OR be asked to print a report. Right now we have to click cancel like 3 times. thanks! -- Doug Those are actually Inventory reports. Look at the report titles and then go to inventory and turn off the reports there. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check ou...

Getting error with Sample Quote Report in SQL 2000
I have downloaded the "quote, order, Invoice sample report" from www.gotdotnet.com/codegallery. The reports work fine on my VM (latest version) with SQL 2005 but it gives a SQL error on another VM with SQL 2000 SP 4. Normal built in reports work fine in this VM. Has anyone tried these sample reports on SQL 2000. I am desparately trying to resolve this issue. Our client wants a custom quote in their application and they are using SBE with SQL 2000. Please help! We have resolved this issue. We had this problem since we tried to modify the quote report on our local machine using the ...

Crystal Reports Session Timeout Error
Hello, I'm having difficulty viewing Reports in CRM. When I attempt to look at a report, I receive this message: Crystal Reports Session Timeout Your Crystal Enterprise session has expired. To continue, close this window and reopen the report. Doing what it says hasn't fixed the problem. I have restarted all servers (IIS, CRM, SQL, Crystal Enterprises) and the problem persists. Any advice on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Jared ...

Sharing Views
Hi, I still cannot get views to be shared with teams properly. If I add a new user to the team that the view is shared with the new user cannot see the view. If I remove a user from the team they can still see the view. This is driving me crazy, has anyone else experienced such problems? Best regards Lee try iisreset on crm server. Sometime it take time to replicate the security roles information. "Lee" <l.hargrave@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:394322d8.0408100721.74ed9063@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > I still cannot get views to be shared with teams prop...

Opening calendar (month view), I want today's date on top row
I open and use calendar in the month view. if todays date is in the last week of the month, then it is in the bottom row. That means I see all of my appointments, etc. from the last month rather than those in my future. I would like the (uncompressed weekend) month view to open with today's date in the top row... is that possible? No, its not possible. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips....

Stumped on Reporting issue
I have a query with a field called "Address" Address: (qryNames]![HouseNumber]) & (" "+[qryNames]![StreetNameT]) & (" "+[qryNames]![StreetTypeT]) & (" "+[qryNames]![StreetSuffixT]) & (" "+[qryNames]![AptNumber]) & (", "+[qryNames]![CityT]+",") & (" "+ [qryNames]![StateT]) & (" "+[qryNames]![Zip])) When I runt he query, things format great, this would result in: 1000 Oak Street South #101, Mytown, MN 55555 But when I build a report and drop the address field in, things for...

Report that print quotes closed or quote status
How can I print a report that display the quotes status? I mean all quotes open (no invoices done) or quotes closed (quotes converted invoice) You can edit the quote summary report and add Begin Column FieldName = "[Order].Closed" DrillDownFieldName = "" DrillDownReportName = "" Title = "Closed" VBDataType = vbBoolean Formula = "" ColHidden = False ColNotDisplayable = False FilterDisabled = False ColWidth = 1005 GroupMethod = groupmethodNone ColFormat = "" ColAlignment = flexAlignCenterCente...

view date navigator
has anyone found a way to view the "date navigator" while they are in their inbox? Nope. Can't be done. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza "lisa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2a6a01c4a8a1$1b7d3d10$a401280a@phx.gbl... > has anyone found a way to view the "date navigator" while > they are in their...

MFC classic doc/view problem
Hello, I have a doc/view mfc application. I have 2 document templates. The first template works fine. I have problems implementing the second template: I have a toolbar to move between the 2 templates (it is like the outlook bar, like u wanna switch from "Mail" view to "Calander" view or to "Notes" view), every view is different from the other by its toolbar and its childframe view. My first question is how to perform (MFC code) this switching from one view to ther view ? My Second question is : I want the second child window to be my own winodw (it is a GTK ...

Subform Not Displaying Datasheet View
Hello, I have an unbound subform contained in one tab of a 2 tab control. When the subform is requery'd after using the RecordSource property, it is displayed in a form format rather than a datasheet format. Any suggestions on how to format properly? Thanks in advance for your assistance. aerotjk Hi, Check that you set default view of sub form to datasheet. -- Best regards, ___________ Alex Dybenko (MVP) http://accessblog.net http://www.PointLtd.com "AEROTJK" <AEROTJK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C233C15B-2510-49CB-A8F2-...

Change view button sends message to view after its destroyed
I've still got a problem with my MFC code (see PreTranslateMessage called wrongly post in this forum). I've narrowed down whats happening a bit now so here are the details... I have a CScrollView derived class which is a child window of a CSplitterWnd. The view has a button on it which when pressed causes the view to be destroyed and a new CScrollView derived class to be created in its place (i.e., the pane changes to a different view when the button is pressed). Everything was working well until I tried to add a PreTranslateMessage virtual function override to the view. The pre-trans...