Possible to create a table for each parameter value checked in lis

Hey all,

I have a nice report where a table is populated, using results in
pre-defined collections, which are listed as parameters in the drop down
list, that the user selects.

Right now, only one parameter will work at a time. If I wanted an identical
table to be created on the fly for each parameter selected, what would I need
to do or is this even possible?

Thanks,

Allen

Actually, I'm wondering if I can set up the parameter as a group and have it
be the first parent group or something? Hmm...

Novice trying to create zip code look-up
I know that it is possible to create a situation where a zip code is typed into one column, and the city identified with that zip code pops up in another column, but cannot figure out where to start with this. Can anyone give some guidance? -- Karen Karen, Use a 2 column combo box. (ex. cboZip) First Column for Zipcode and second column for City. Set the combo's ControlSource (bind it) to your ZipCode field. Since this combo control will capture the ZipCode, it is not necessary to also "capture" the City value in another control... just "...

Error 1004 when copying and pasting values
All, A co-worker has just had a macro (which has been working for the las year) crash at the last line of code shown below. The error is 1004 an suggests that the copy/paste areas are not the same, even though the obviously are. Any ideas? Thanks Will Range(Cells(2, 12), Cells(2, 20)).Select Selection.Copy Range(Cells(3, 12), Cells(EndRow, 20)).Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormulas Calculate Range(Cells(3, 12), Cells(EndRow, 20)).Select Selection.Copy 'breaks here Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValue -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi do you have mer...

Is it possible to change primary key
During the form customization, a primary key (field) can not be removed or moved to another column. So is it possible to change primary field in a table? Thanks, no...not in the CRM tables. "Gulsah Safsoy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1bb1001c42133$0574dcd0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > During the form customization, a primary key (field) can > not be removed or moved to another column. So is it > possible to change primary field in a table? > > Thanks, > ...

converting linked cells to their referenced values
I have 2 spread sheets for tracking orders. The orders are entered on the first sheet and appear in the second sheet by cell reference formulas. Eventually when the order is no longer active, I change the reference formula to the value of the referenced cell since it will be deleted from the first sheet. When there are a lot of orders isn't very practical to copy past from one spread sheet to the other. Is there a macro or something that I can use to convert the link formula in a cell to the value of the cell it references? -- quimrider ---------------------------------------------...

Pivot table question #9
I recently had a problem with values not showing properly in my PivotTable, until it was poited out to me that I was using Text in some cells instead of numbers. Ideally, I would like to include text. Is there anyway at all that I can? My data comes from an Access Table by the way My reasoning. the data in the pivot shows scores overall of several years competition, and each meet has 2 reserves, who can step in for an excluded competitor. However, the reserves might not compete, but still need to be recorded as a competitor at the event. Rather than showing zero (0) as their score, I'd r...

Outlook Prompts for E-mail Account and Password Even Though "Save Password" Has Been Checked (XP)
The OS is XP Pro. One user, Adminstrator, password login. I can't recall if it's Outlook 2000 or 2003. Multiple e-mail accounts. Every time he gets his e-mail, Outlook prompts for the account logins and passwords. He checks the "save password" box and it gets the mail. But the next time he gets his e-mail, Outlook prompts for the accountnames and passwords again. Any idea why? Peter, I have had the same problem ever since I upgraded to Outlook 2002. Hope someone has the answer. This also happens on several of my web based email sites. I check the Remember my login and p...

Please Help: compare values in two columns present in seperate tab
Hi All, How can I compare values in two columns (columns are in different tables) ? I also want to display the values that dont match in a seperate table. For eg: If values in Column1 from Table1 does not match Values in Column1 from Table2 then display those values in a seperate table Is there a way to do this? THanks in advance Here's one way: http://www.fmsinc.com/microsoftaccess/query/distinct_vs_distinctrow/unique_values_records.asp -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "sam" wr...

Counting Occurrence of a Value within Cells
I have a user who is using Excel as a database – ugh. One of their columns (fields) has contact data points. As an example, a cell might state – “05/10/2009 – Called person. 05/24/2009 – Sent letter. 06/30/2009 – Received call from person. 07/31/2009 – Closed case. 01/10/2010 – Reopened case. 01/24/2010 – Sent update letter.” The user wants to count all contacts within the spreadsheet for the month of May 2010. The first thing I am doing is having the dates changed from mm/dd/yyyy to dd MMM yyyy format so we can search for MMM yyyy. After this is done, we can do a Find all and...

Creating a closed Phone activity in a single step
Hi, I have looked absolutely everywhere for a solution to this. As many of our processes are still outside of MS CRM much of our outbound sales/prospecting calling is driven by external processes. (example 1) our receptionist (who has no CRM access) gets a call from an existing customer interested in purchasing product from us. The account manager gets the message, looks up the record in CRM and immediately calls them. We need the sales person to record a phone activity to say they've 'touched' this account, however this isn't a to-do item, it is already closed. ...

MoveCopy, unable to create test msg
I have a user running Office 2002 SP2 on Windows XP. Recently he began receiving the following message when he opens Outlook for the first time each day. "Server-Requested client action - MoveCopy, unable to create test msg" I can log in at that PC and setup Outlook without issue. does this appear to be a profile issue? I would appreciate any assistance on this. Best regards, Jim ...

Outlook rule based on value NOT in name?
Hi, I have a lot of SPAM coming in with the sender's address set to my e-mail address. However, the name is different. I would like to setup a rule like this: If the sender's e-mail address = XXXXXXX, but the sender's name <> YYYYYYYY then move to the junk folder. Can this be done? All I see are rules to look for a string - not look for the absence of a string. I use e-mail to transfer notes to myself and also transfer information between mail accounts and computers, so I do send myself e-mail fairly frequently. I'm using Outlook 2003. Thank you for your time! -...

Can't Clear Check
In Money 2002 I have two accounts, checking and credit card. The check written to pay the credit card won't accept the mark as c entry, nor will it from the credit card account. No change to this entry can be made at all, date, amount, memo, etc. The program displays, "This transaction could not be entered." or "Money could not write to your Money file. The operation cannot be performed or another application finished this task before you." Money doesn't crash, all other functions work (so far). I've used both the Salvage and Super Salvage and no ...

Two-Axes Pivot Table Chart
Hi Folks - Here's my dilemma ...I have a pivot table that looks like this: Cat1 Cat2 Cat3 Unit Data Unit1 SumOfCatCount 50 60 70 CountOfCat 1 2 3 Unit 2 SumOfCatCount 55 60 70 CountOfCat 3 4 3 Unit3 SumOfCatCount 75 75 80 CountOfCat 2 5 1 I can make a nice...

Size of file with pivot table
I have a file that was 8MB when I started. I created a pivot table pulling 7 fields from a worksheet. Now the size is 20MB. Any ideas why this one pivot table would cause the file to be so large when the 8MB file already had pivot table sin it? When it was 8MB, it had 6 pivot tables. Now it's 20MB and it has 7 pitvot tables. Why is this one table so much larger? Were the 6 PivotTable independent, or did they all use the same cache? If you build PivotTables that use another PivotTable as reference (for when you're reference the same raw data, just taking a different...

Ignoring Negative Values
Like all things in Excel there must be a way... Given a column of numbers (say for simplicity 5 numbers) how can you use a formula to sum them and ignore any that are negative? (e.g. four of our 5 numbers are 5 and the other is -5 I want my formula to display 20 and not 15 or 25). Thanks. =SUMIF(A1:A5,">0") Greetings from New Zealand Bill K "solomon_monkey" <solomonmonkey@aol.com> wrote in message news:1119083876.413478.65430@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Like all things in Excel there must be a way... > > Given a column of numbers (say for simp...

Display last week of portfolio value on homepage?
Hi- Is there anyway I can set up a way to see the last week or so of my performance for my portfolio? Either a graph of the market value of the last 5 or 10 days or perhaps a graph of the % change. It would be helpful just to get a general sense of where things have been recently. -Dan You probably can't do this on the homepage (not in 2005), but the next best way would be to create a custom report to show you want you want to see. You might then be able to link to it directly from the customizable toolbar. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check ht...

Calling Excel from Word with parameters
Hi. I'm posting this here after not having had a reply in the Office_Developer>Automation forum for 4 days. I need to call Excel from within Word with parameters. Can you help with the syntax for the call and where (and how) I should declare and therefore "receive" and handle these parameters in Excel??? Is there a default auto start procedure which accepts parameters? Please specify the call with 3 parameters : 1 text/string, 1 numeric (integer) and 1 date. Thanks in advance I saw Ann Troy's response further down in the list, so I guess that the Workbook_Open pr...

tables in PowerPoint
I have made a 25"x25 " banner. I want to add a grid that will display on the banner when i print it. I put a 25 x 25 cell table on it, and I can make it fit horizontally but I can't compress it vertically. How can I do that? Atlernatively, is there a better way to put a grid on the banner? I have a picture underneath that I want to show through the grid. Thanks. Change the internal margin of the cells to 0 for top and bottom. You may need to change the font size to something like 2 point (or as small as you can go) also. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www....

Exporting data from a table to blogs
Hi, i have seen the sharepoint function offered by MS Excel. Would like to check with you whether this could be performed and exported into a blog? I've used sharepoint, but am not sure what you're talking about. Can you give some specific info on what you want to do? "owen.cxy" wrote: > Hi, i have seen the sharepoint function offered by MS Excel. Would like to > check with you whether this could be performed and exported into a blog? As in i have some data in MS Excel which i would like to export it and publish into a blog. Is it possible and is sharepoint ...

crosstab
Would like to create a crosstab query where multiple values are returned for each row/column heading intersection. Have data something similar to this: Group Section Name Title A ONE BOB DIRECTOR A ONE SUE MANAGER A TWO JANE ANALYST B THREE BILL ANALYST B TWO JOE VP C THREE SALLY MANAGER C THREE SUZY DIRECTOR C ONE JIM MANAGER Would like a crosstab query like this with multiple values at intersections: ONE TWO THREE A BOB DIRECTOR SUE MANAGER JANE ANALYST B ...

Command Line Parameter
I have a problem with the following code. When showing the Command Line Parameters passed in the AfxMessageBox displays -install as dest but it does not get pass the comparison. I am running c:\projects\mac.exe -install as the command line. Any help would be appreciated Thank you int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, LPSTR lpCmdLine, int nShowCmd) { int argCount = 0; char *dest=""; WinVer PlatForm; WinService ServiceApp; /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// //Determine the command line paramters that ...

Assign values to letters
Hello I�m trying to set up an excel sheet to calculate VIN�s fo trailers. The VIN has 17 number/letters. Number 9 is a �check� number in the VIN, you get by taking al numbers/letters and: 1) Take the assigned value, number or a letter converted to a number 2) Multiply by constant number 3) Add all there products 4) Divide by 11 5) Take the numerator of the reduced fraction and that is my 9t number/letter I would like to convert the letter to a number for a calculation tha is required. A=1 T=3 No real pattern, letters I,O,Q are not used Is there a way assign a value to a letter then co...

Creating install package
I know how to create an install packages from GP 10 using the modules from CD1. Is there any way to add modules to an install package that are from CD2? Thanks. Jerry Jerry, Install the products you need from CD2, then re-run the installation package. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Jerry Flatto" wrote: > I know how to create an install packages from GP 10 using the modules from > CD1. Is there any way to add module...

Looking for an e-commerce / e-store solution interfacing w/ CRM (& GP if possible)
We are a software company (and MS certified partner) which is in the process of implementing Dynamics CRM for our own use. We need to find an e-store package which will interface with Dynamics CRM. The shopping cart requirements are trivial, and credit card processing is very standard. The most important thing for us is that when a customer registers at the e-store to download a demo, their account information should appear in CRM as a lead with an opportunity. It would be a big plus if the invoicing info could be passed on to Great Plains, as well. We willing to do customization ...

How do I get an automatic reminder with a certain cell value?
Is there a way to receive a pop-up comment or text box when a certain thing is typed into a cell? For example, each time I type "new instrument", I want a reminder to pop-up like a comment would that says "Call Property Accounting". Is there a function like this in Excel? If you have a list of terms, maybe you can use an adjacent helper cell and use a nice =vlookup() formula to show your message. Debra Dalgleish has some instructions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html Aubri wrote: > > Is there a way to receive a pop-up comment or text box when a ...