newbie, missing OWC11 and Office WEb Components on install

I had a configured instance of SQL SErver Express 2005 and am trying to
install to the sql server express advanced edition onto this first instance
as well as the toolkit.  I follow the instructions for getting the right
instance it goes through the install but I get an error in the log regarding
the OWC11 doesn't get installed and it wants something more than OFfice 2003?
 It wants the office web components.  What am I missing to get this
installed?  I have IIS running.
thanks,

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 9.00.4035.00
==============================
OS Version      : Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (Build
2600)
Time            : Thu Apr 15 15:07:58 2010

JANIS : The current system does not meet recommended hardware requirements
for this SQL Server release. For

detailed hardware requirements, see the readme file or SQL Server Books
Online.
Machine         : JANIS
Product         : Microsoft SQL Server Setup Support Files (English)
Product Version : 9.00.4035.00
Install         : Successful
Log File        : c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup

Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0032_JANIS_SQLSupport_1.log
Machine         : JANIS
Product         : OWC11
Error           : Error 1706. Setup cannot find the required files.  Check
your connection to the network, or

CD-ROM drive.  For other potential solutions to this problem, see c:\Program
Files\Microsoft

Office\OFFICE11\1033\SETUP.CHM.
Machine         : JANIS
Product         : Microsoft Office 2003 Web Components
Product Version : 11.0.8003.0
Install         : Failed
Log File        : c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup

Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0032_JANIS_OWC11_1.log
Last Action     : InstallExecute
Error String    : Setup cannot find the required files.  Check your
connection to the network, or CD-ROM drive.

 For other potential solutions to this problem, see c:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\SETUP.CHM.
Error Number    : 1706
Machine         : JANIS
Product         : Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Backward compatibility
Product Version : 8.05.1704
Install         : Successful
Log File        : c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup

Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0032_JANIS_BackwardsCompat_1.log

office trial
wizard will not activate, keep getting message to set date and time correctly, these are set correctly in my time zone, tried to syncronise clock to different internet server but keep getting error message. Office trial was preinstalled on computer and I went through microsoft with key they emailed to me. This is getting very tiresome as I am a new user "tottenham hotspur" wrote: > wizard will not activate, keep getting message to set date and time > correctly, these are set correctly in my time zone, tried to syncronise clock > to different internet se...

Why won't instant search in Outlook 2007 install?
Even though I have installed the add-in, I still get the dialog prompting me to install the instant search add-in. How do I activate this feature? ...

Missing library???
I'm using Visual C++ 6.0 on a Win98 machine. I have two simple OpenGL programs. One works. The other runs and creates an application window, but does not execute the OpenGL instructions because it fails to create a device context at the command "wglCreateContext". Using GetLastError() I found out the reason for failure is error 1157: "One of the libraries needed to run this application cannot be found". In the project settings I DID specify to use opengl32.lib and glu32.lib. I do not use functions from glaux.h or glut, and so I should not need those libraries....

Can I delete parts of Office?
I recently loaded Office 2004 on my iBook but want to conserve hard drive space for an app i just picked up, and was thinking about deleting all the MS apps except for Word and Excel. Can I do this without messing up Word and Excel to the point that I need to reinstall? I would just try it, but I'm away from home and don't have access to my Office install CD. Any help that could be provided would be great. Thanks <beau.keyes@gmail.com> wrote: > I recently loaded Office 2004 on my iBook but want to conserve hard > drive space for an app i just picked up, and was thinki...

"Configuring Microsoft Office Basic 2007" every time I start
I added memory to my PC and Office 2003 started to misbehave (and it could not find a CAB file that was on the CD) so I removed it and upgraded to Office 2007. Now every time I start my PC it spends time configuring itself. I might add iTunes is the same. It means starting the PC is an even more laborious process than usual. Oh, and I have some annoying update to XML something or other that does not install either, and does not go away. It is ironic that the extra memory was to improve perforamnce. Every step forwards involves two steps back. Apart from swapping to App...

Search Companion missing file
I'm helping a friend whose laptop was infected with a virus/trojan. We disinfected using MalwareBytes anti-malware app. She now has a functioning pc again...but... When I try to use the search feature in Windows XP, I get an error message that reads "A file that is required to run Search Companion cannot be found. You may need to run Setup." I tried to reinstall via the srchasst.inf file in the Windows\inf folder (right-click - install) but it said 'The file "msgr3en.dll" on the Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 CD is needed. The problem is...

Out of Office Question
We're new to O at our office. On occasion, I get OOO replies when I email people. I ask how they set it up and everyone tells me Tools, then Out of Office. My choices under Tools do not include OOO but they do include Rules Wizard. I feel sure somewhere in there is a way to set up OOO replies but I haven't hit upon the exact procedure. Help is no help at all. I have the disc, I run W2000 Professional. Can someone give me the drill to set up an OOO reply so I can turn it on before I go on vacation next week? Thanks in advance to all who help or try. Steve Ignots Steve, You need to be u...

Dynamics Security Console and Dynamics Web Services
Hi All I need help I have created a server with windows server 2008 32 bit and installed MOSS I have done all the standard setups and created all the websites ect I have installed Dynamics Webservice witth SP3 When I run Dynamics Security Console and select applications and then SecuritySerivices. I get the following error "Could not access the SecurityService service. Unable to connect to the remote server" Please help Regards Laurie ...

Newbie question, can't get a handle on the handles <g> ... ?
How do we manipulate text that needs to flow to another box, i.e., when working in two columns and we need text to flow to a third, how do we do this? I'm sorry for such a simple question, but I've looked through the help and on the web and I think it's because I don't know what it's called. Anyhoo, pls advise! Tx. Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from Dylan56 <No@SpamAtAll.com> > How do we manipulate text that needs to flow to another box, i.e., > when working in two columns and we need text to flow to a third,...

Just happened to be scanning the web for something on VB6 and came across this monstrosity
I was looking for a masked textbox for hex input and in the MSDN blurb on How to Create a Numeric Text Box (.Net, naturally, this being Microsoft) my eyes hit upon the following: Dim numberFormatInfo As NumberFormatInfo = System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.NumberFormat I mean, you REALLY have to allow that to sink in... System.... ....Globalization.... ....CultureInfo.... .....CurrentCulture.... .....NumberFormat Yeuch! MM On 2010-01-30, MM <kylix_is@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > I was looking for a masked t...

missing Business Contact Manager
My Office Professional Edition 2003 arrived from Microsoft. I installed the complete program. The Business Contact Manager menu does not appear. I thought that the Outlook 2003 in the Professional Edition has Business Contact Manager. Is it not supposed to? shlomoved@yahoo.com If you have Exchange service in your profile, the BCM will be unavailable. If you do not, did you install Outlook first and then the BCM from disk 2? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Ron <an...

Unable to install Analytics accelerator cube
I'm encountering trouble trying to install the SQL Analysis cube for the Analytics accelerator. I'm following the steps in the "SSAS2005SimpleCubeDeploymentGuide.doc" document. On step #3 the guide says to right-click on the CRM AF Base project and click "Deploy". Each time I do that, my result is a series of errors displayed in Visual Studio. The first error (that I'm guessing leads into the following errors) states: "Errors in the OLAP storage engine: The attribute key cannot be found: Table: dbo_FilteredOpportunityCompetitors, Column: competitori...

Installing CRM on 2003 Web Edition
Has anyone installed CRM 1.2 on Windows Server 2003 Web Edition. The implementation guide is says it is a supported OS, I am planning on attaching WS03 Web Edition to an SBS 2003 server. I know that the supported configuration has everything on the single SBS box, but I would much rather put some things on other boxes. I am also planning on putting SQL Server on its own box as well. Any comments on this configuration? thanks, Geoff Hi, Beware that SQL Server cannot be installed on a Web Server edition ! -- Olivier Schmitt Microsoft Business Solutions Support Ce message est fourni...

All of the sudden my file wont open cause the font is missing!
Ok, so this moring i got into my office and tryed to open my 71 page publisher document. When i left yesterday everything was perfect. Now today it says my font i was using Helvetica is no longer available and it asks if i'd like to change the font. I can to another font, but this is a communication going out to stores for the retail compnay i'm with and i'd like to use helvetica. Now when i open a new publisher document or word file, helvetica is indeed there. Why is it missing from this one file? I've NEVER seen this error. Helvetica was never installed with a Micros...

Is it possible to add my own header to an email in Office Outlook or Outlook Express?
Hi all, I mean something like followings: X-MDaemon-Deliver-To: someone@somewhere.com or X-MyHeader: 123456 I'm able to do this via C# SmtpClient programmatically, but I want to this by an email application. Thanks in Advance Afshar Mohebbi > I mean something like followings: > X-MDaemon-Deliver-To: someone@somewhere.com > or > X-MyHeader: 123456 > I'm able to do this via C# SmtpClient programmatically, but I want to > this by an email application. For Outlook, you'd need to do it via code. I'd start at http://www.outlookcode.com. For OE, you'll wan...

Web access for Exchange 2003
What do I have to do in order to access my Exchange 2003 via the Web? thanks, Raul Rego rrego@njpies.org On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 14:39:53 -0500, "Raul Rego" <rrego@njpies.org> wrote: >What do I have to do in order to access my Exchange 2003 via the Web? > >thanks, > >Raul Rego >rrego@njpies.org > Check that you can access the server from within the network by going to http://server/exchange and then http://server.fqdn.com/exchange If that works then simply opening TCP80 on the firewall and implementing whatever NAT or port forwarding your specific network ...

Tools Icon on Excel Menu Bar Missing
I don't know what I did, but the Tools Icon on my Excel (2000)Menu bar has gone missing. I've even tried re- installing Office 2000, but I didn't get it back. Can anyone help? You can reset your menubar to default Right click on the menubar and choose customize Under Toolbars select the worksheet menubar and click on reset on the right You lost the things you add to the menubar!! -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "GHO" <olsongh@boone.net> wrote in message news:014a01c34f9e$d4cdf3c0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I don'...

spell check in office basic or office Pro?
which ms office program do I need to purchase to get spell check in ms word? office basic or office professional? Thanks so much. Not sure why this put me in the excel user group..sorry barb Barb All of the office suite have Spellcheck. Take your pick, MS Works, Office Standard, Office Student, Office Pro. HTH Michael "barb" wrote: > which ms office program do I need to purchase to get spell check in ms word? > office basic or office professional? Thanks so much. Not sure why this put > me in the excel user group..sorry > barb ...

Reactivating Office on a new computer.
I had a downloaded copy of Office 2007 on a laptop which has been destroyed beyond repair. I have now bought a new laptop. How do I re-download my copy of Office, please? -- Steve Contact the vendor from where you purchased it. "stemac" <stemac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:795E14D0-A5F1-4CA4-B2B4-A102986CBADD@microsoft.com... :I had a downloaded copy of Office 2007 on a laptop which has been destroyed : beyond repair. I have now bought a new laptop. How do I re-download my copy : of Office, please? : -- : Steve The vendor was...

Accessing all questions I have asked in the Office forums
Is there a way I can call up all questions and answers I have ever asked via my login to Microsoft Discussion groups? I sure appreciate your help, John In news:FB996750-8ACF-4806-BDF8-7E66057A0DBB@microsoft.com, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Is there a way I can call up all questions and answers I > have ever asked via my login to Microsoft Discussion groups? > > I sure appreciate your help, John Use Google; look up your own name; finesse from there if you get too many hits. HTH, Twayne` ...

Corrupt / Missing Table
OK, so trying to diagnose a series of annoying problems, I've found that we are actually missing the ActivityBase table all together. I don't know how it happened, when it happened or why, but more importantly is that its gone, and we're adding data to the database faster than I can keep up. Any ideas on how to recreate the database? We can't afford to role back nor loose data in a reinstall... TIA! I would contact MBS support and open a support ticket. The $245 for the incident will be well worth it down thee road as you may have a lot of other problems as well. -- ...

Missing Function in Excel 2003
Dear All In Excel 2000 I used to use a function called "MS Access Form" , which was located under the DATA menu. Since I have upgraded the Office version to 2003, I cannot find this function anywhere in Excel. This function takes a highlighted table, and makes a suitable entry form in Access to facilitate the data entry process Best Regards and Thanks in advance Ahmed Gaafar You need to load the Access Links Add-In from the Tools menu. HTH, Greg "Ahmed Gaafar" <elameen@intouch.com> wrote in message news:1c60a01c42218$270e3ae0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Dear...

Outlook Web Access
I cannot open e-mails forwarded to me from several AOL users. OWA shows "The page cannot be displayed" message. I can open all other e-mails. Looking at the details of the message I find these content types: multipart/mixed, text/plain, message/rfc822, multipart/alternative, text/html, application/msword. text/html is the only one represented in the registry and is in Level2MIMETypes registry entry. Any help on what may be blocking these e- mails is greatly appreciated. ...

how to retrieve data from password protected web pages?
how can I retrieve data from password protected web pages in excel? ...

SBS2008 Installation/configuration
I have purchased SBS2008 Premium. I was told that I needed to purchase a Windows 2008R2 Server license for the second server? I thought SBS2008 premium had licenses for both SBS2008 and Windows 2008 server and that I just need additional user/device CALS. Also, Can I install SBS2008 AND Windows Server 2008 with Hyper-V Viitualization all on the SBS2008 box, or does it have to be installed on separate servers? Hi David, You don't need another server license. You can install WS2k8 on the hardware, enable the hyper-v role, and then install SBS08 as a virtual machine...