Mailing Label printing

I have created several mailing labels using SQL Reporting services and am
attempting to print them with a Intermec pd-41 label printer. Every time a
report is Printed the size settings for the job changes to 1.5w 4h instead of
the setting within Windosw of 1.5h 4w. I have changed and saved the settings
on the printer in the printer settings via Windows. The end users for this
product cannot be bothered to click properties every time they are printing a
label. Has anybody else experienced this or know of a way to correct this.

Within Visual Studio, look at the report properties with respect to
page size - you will need to ensure that the Page property settings
are correct to give you the effect that you want - I have had to
experiment when using dedicated label printers to get what I wanted:

These two might have transposed values:
   PageHeight
   PageWidth

InteractiveHeight - should be same as PageHeight
InteractiveWidth - should be same as PageWidth

LeftMargin
RightMrgin
TopMargin
BottomMargin

Columns
ColumnSpacing

ALSO - I have found that you need to DEPLOY the report to be sure of
the end results - previewing and printing in Visual Studio sometimes
is not the same thing, especially if you are doing very fine spacing
and/or special fonts. (although this has gotten better in 2005 and
2008)
0
Parker

reciving e-mails
is there a way to set microsoft outlook e-mails up to reciving emails from people that r in my contacts and a few or e-mails thats i want to recivie from people. stephen <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > is there a way to set microsoft outlook e-mails up to > reciving emails from people that r in my contacts and a > few or e-mails thats i want to recivie from people. Are you saying you want a "safe list"? That is a list of people from whom you will accept mail and messages from anyone else are rejected. What version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...

Trying to do mass update on label field in MS POS 2.0
I am trying to do a mass update on all of our items to make the labels be code 128. I am doing this so that we can print new shelf tags with the bar code on them. I am trying to make sense of the database and not having much luck. Can anyone tell me the table name and column name to do this? This is the field that appears on items in the option tab under label and bar code type. There is a drop down box that allows you to select the type of bar code. My goal is to do this in a SQL statement instead of opening up each of our 1500 items and choosing this manually. Thanks Patrick Patrick,...

Printing postcards in Publisher #4
Using Pub2002. WindowsXp. I am trying to print postcards using Publisher. The postcard comes 4/page and the page dimensions are 8.5 x 12. Postcard dimensions are 4.25" x 6". No borders. What's the question? -- Don Vancouver, USA "babygirlnerd" <babygirlnerd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9E97C14-3115-4397-B389-C34CA7B68864@microsoft.com... > Using Pub2002. WindowsXp. I am trying to print postcards using Publisher. > The postcard comes 4/page and the page dimensions are 8.5 x 12. Postcard > dimensions are 4.25" x 6". ...

batch printing word documents
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to batch print word documents? Thanks. First of all, you will need to create a desktop printer, i.e. a shortcut for your printer which sits on your desktop. Look it up in Mac Help, accessible from the Finder's help menu; I can't give you any details since the method to do that varies quite a lot depending on your operating system (though it is surprisingly easy and intuitive in Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard). Once you've created a desktop printer, simply drag all the Word documents you intend to print onto the desktop printer icon. On 29/11/2007 2:58, in arti...

Junk Mail Filtering
Are there easier, more intuitive ways to filter adult-content and general junk e-mails within the Organize features already present in Outlook 2002? Are their products out their that I can add to the existent system rather than downloading new stand-alone software packages? I modified the "filters.txt" file but still am not pleased with the increasing amount of junk mail I receive. I feel your pain...I just sent a couple of comments to MS about how poor their SPAM filtering is. Other web mail will flag all bulk email that can be deleted at one time With Mr. Gates working with the...

downloading or exporting folders from Yahoo mail to Outlook 2000
Is there any way to export my email folders from Yahoo mail to Outlook2000? Thanks for your help. Dianne NO. ...

how to I e-mail a multiple page newsletter in publisher
I created a news letter in Publisher, a two page newsletter. I tried to e-mail the newsletter to myself but all I get in the e-mail is the first page not both. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Please can anyone help with my frustration? Can't send it as a multipage newsletter. You have two choices. Create a lonnnnnnnnnnnng email that is one "page" wide or convert it to a .pdf and send it as an attachment. Warning - if you do it as the lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng email, it probably will not print past the first "page". -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publi...

Outlook 2003 / mail retrieving, saving password
Outlook 2003 asks me my pop-account password every time, even as I have marked the checkbox "Save password...". It is really annoying as I want to check my pop-account once every 5 minutes. What to do? /M It gives me the "Enter network password" popup every time, it seems I cannot save the password for some reason. I already tried to modify registry so that I deleted all keys inside HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider, and rebooted the machine and re-created the mail accounts - didn't help!!! Frustrating. /M "Make" ...

Lost mail msgs
Is there any explanation why all my mail msgs in my inbox disappeared and is there a way to recover them. I am using Outlook 2003 on a private network at my office. I am devasted. ...

how to reduce print time
I am printing name badges from publisher. I have a graphic and very little text on them. It takes over 45 minutes for the first page to print. What can I do to remedy this? If the graphic is a gradient it will slow the print down. Is your printer driver current? Have you looked at the support documents on the web site of your printer manufacturer? What version Publisher are you using? Take a look at the printers preferences. Right-click your printer in the printer folder, properties, Advanced tab. There are options you can try to speed up the printing. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.o...

avery labels #2
I would like to create a label in Publisher and print on avery 5824 labels. How do I do this? ...

no subject e mails, how do I deal with them?
I am receiving loads of 'no subject' e mails into my inbox, is there a way of dealing with this problem as the create rule tool cannot create a rule based on an e mail that has no subject or content. What causes these mails anyway? Probably, but since you provided no information about your version of = Outlook, it would be hard to say. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, T5 asked: | I am receiving ...

Hide Alternate Labels on Date Axis
Hi, I'm having trouble trying to hide every other label along a horizontal date axis. I start on the 01-Jan up to 10-Jan and through using the 'Format Axis'->'Scale'->'Major Unit' and setting this to 2 I can hide the labels: '02-Jan'; '04-Jan'; etc. However, I want to hide the odd dates: '01-Jan'; '03-Jan'; etc. I have tried the various combinations with the dialog box but can't get anything to work. Should I be using a custom formula or something? Any help is much appreciated. Paul. In article <1168177092.892944...

Outgoing E-mail
Hi When i am sending an outgoing CRM E-mail my E-mail address is displayed in the "From" field when it reaches the recipient - Can this be changed to a more "normal" behavior where the users names are displayed in the "From" field. Thanks Jakob ------=_NextPart_0001_088915B6 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good Morning Jakob, Outbound CRM email should include the display name of the user sending the email. If you are only seeing the email address, please ensure your display name in Outlook/Exchange matches what is displayed in ...

mail merge with different subjects
I have to sent email messages with mail merge with different subjects. I have excel sheet which contains subject, email address fields. please help -- With gratitude, Faisal Ijaz You cannot do it with mail merge out-of-the-box. You could do it with a modification of the code used in the the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/MergeWithAttachments.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, o...

e-mail address privacy question
I have Outlook 2007 and I want to e-mail all my past customers about a new product introduction. I haven't sent out a mass mailing like this before. If I put all their names in the "To" field, each recipient sees everyone else's e-mail address. I don't imagine that the recipients won't want their e-mail addresses to be public like this. Please what's the best way to send my e-mail out so that all e-mail addresses are hidden from each other so receipients don't get to see everyone else's e-mail address? Would I just put the list of e-mail addresses...

how do I send graphical mail in html format?
I want to send an email having minimum 4 images to a mailing list. But it doesn't seem that easy, because I don't want those images as an attachment. How can I do it? does the list support HTML? If so, they should be embedded in the body. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Sol...

Send E-Mail Immediately in Outlook XP
In OE 6.x, e-mails that are written and marked for transmission are sent immediately, without having to open the OE client. However, with Outlook XP, it seems that the user must open the actual client and send the e-mail from there, instead of just clicking "send" on the e-mail he is composing. Note this is different from the "Send Immediately When Connected" checkbox under Tools>Options>Mail Setup, as this only seems to apply to messages composed and sent while the client is running. I want to configure Outlook XP to have the same behavior as OE in this instance, o...

E-mail links
After switching from my ISP dail up to cable I am unable to click on a link in outlook 2002. It opens the browser but does not fill in the address. Any suggestions would be appreciated Thankyou Do other URL links within the Windows environment (in a word doc, on the desktop etc) also result in this behaviour? I had something similar to this happening for many many months. It turned out a few DLL's had to be reregistered. I actually don't recall exactly what I did... I know urlmon.dll was one of them... but there were a few others in my case that needed to be registered. There are ...

Cannot send mail
Hi All, I have below code which works great for 80% of the users but for 20% it doesn't work. On Error GoTo Err_Kommandoknapp181_Click stText = Me.Greeting & " " & Me.Actual_Name StSubject = Me.Subject & "" DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , , Me.E_mail_address, , , StSubject, stText Exit_Kommandoknapp181_Click: Exit Sub Err_Kommandoknapp181_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_Kommandoknapp181_Click Has anyone encountered this problem? The only error message is: Merec cannot send this e-mail message /(Merec being the Datab...

live mail sending blocked
receive the following error message when i try to send a email. 550 5.3.4 Requested action not taken; This account is currently blocked from sending messages. If you don't think you've violated the Windows Live Terms of Use, please contact customer support. I don't believe that I have violated the terms of use, please unblock my account. -- Greeting earthlings On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 12:26:01 -0800, 1martian wrote: > receive the following error message when i try to send a email. > > 550 5.3.4 Requested action not taken; This acco...

Error when sending mail from Pub2003
I have just installed Office 2003 Professional. I am trying to send a Publication as email (not attachment) and get the following error: "No such interface supported" This is on Windows2000 SP3 with .NET Framework 1.1 installed Anyone know what is wrong? Thanks After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from NZBug <itsupport@formway.com>... > I have just installed Office 2003 Professional. > I am trying to send a Publication as email (not attachment) > and get the following error: "No such interface supported" What is your de...

Extra line feeds in received mail
Why is it that mail received using Outlook Express (and Windows Vista Mail) add extra line feeds to every line in incoming mail? How to I make it stop? When I send the same message to other programs (e.g., Outlook, webmail) the formatting remains as originally sent. OE (and WinMail) interprets a <P> in HTML as a double line feed and <BR> as a single line feed. Some programs such as Word generate a <P> when one uses the Enter key and a <BR> when one uses a Shift-Enter. So if the user uses the Enter key, then the recipient will see a double line feed if t...

E-Mail Problems #2
My e-mail account management has become corrupted? I'm not sure. I have several e-mail accounts from three different companies. One is an ISP, one is for a replicated website, and the others are from my own domains (all on a single shared server with a single master account). Yesterday morning I changed the server and login information for those with my domains to a new server (new hosting company). Everything seemed to be working okay in the morning, but in the afternoon things went haywire and Outlook began exhibiting the following symptoms: 1. It created a phantom 'second copy' ...

Written instructions for Windows Live Mail
Does anyone know who has written instructions for Windows Live Mail? Checked Books-A-Million and they didn't have any? Don't recall seeing one at any of the usual places store or online. -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "MarlonH" wrote in message = news:8010F0B5-77D2-420F-99A6-02FECAD4E5D4@microsoft.com... Does anyone know who has written instructions for Windows Live Mail? = Checked Books-A-Million and they didn't have any?=20 Thanks winston. I have the Windows Vista "Plain and Simple" book but it only touches the basics of Windows Live ma...