IIS hangs when accessing SQL Reports

Hello,
we have a strange issue at customer site.
We are using SQL 2005 Service pack 2 reporting services, OS is: Windows 2003
server
Some times IIS/web requests hangs when accessing reports. once this is
hanged, i can't event browse: http://localhost/Reports. Nothing can be done.
I need to restart to start accessing/running reports.

Whenever this happens, i can see one DCOM error in event viewer:
NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE account does not have permission on NETMAN

I am not sure how Network Service account and Netman and Reports are related
together.
can any one help me in finding why and in what scenarios the reports hangs
(when accessed through web)
and what is the relation between NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE and NETMAN and
Reports?

Thanks,
Venkat

Hi, on further analysis, we identified that:
Call to reportingservice2005.asmx is not comming back. the last request we
have seen in IIS log file is: /Reports/reportingservice2005.asmx (At the same
time we noticed DCOM errors in event log)
And then no response even after 10 minutes time.
Then we have to reset the IIS to make it work

Just a small correction on the issue titile. while request to report is
hangging, we are able to continue and browse the other applicaiton aspx pages.

Any one faced these kind of issues?

"Venkat" wrote:

> Hello,
> we have a strange issue at customer site.
> We are using SQL 2005 Service pack 2 reporting services, OS is: Windows 2003
> server
> Some times IIS/web requests hangs when accessing reports. once this is
> hanged, i can't event browse: http://localhost/Reports. Nothing can be done.
> I need to restart to start accessing/running reports.
>
> Whenever this happens, i can see one DCOM error in event viewer:
> NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE account does not have permission on NETMAN
>
> I am not sure how Network Service account and Netman and Reports are related
> together.
> can any one help me in finding why and in what scenarios the reports hangs
> (when accessed through web)
> and what is the relation between NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE and NETMAN and
> Reports?
>
> Thanks,
> Venkat
finally the issue is figured out. Web server does not have permissions on log
files so it is hanging intermitently

"Venkat" wrote:

> Hi, on further analysis, we identified that:
> Call to reportingservice2005.asmx is not comming back. the last request we
> have seen in IIS log file is: /Reports/reportingservice2005.asmx (At the same
> time we noticed DCOM errors in event log)
> And then no response even after 10 minutes time.
> Then we have to reset the IIS to make it work
>
> Just a small correction on the issue titile. while request to report is
> hangging, we are able to continue and browse the other applicaiton aspx pages.
>
> Any one faced these kind of issues?
>
> "Venkat" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > we have a strange issue at customer site.
> > We are using SQL 2005 Service pack 2 reporting services, OS is: Windows 2003
> > server
> > Some times IIS/web requests hangs when accessing reports. once this is
> > hanged, i can't event browse: http://localhost/Reports. Nothing can be done.
> > I need to restart to start accessing/running reports.
> >
> > Whenever this happens, i can see one DCOM error in event viewer:
> > NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE account does not have permission on NETMAN
> >
> > I am not sure how Network Service account and Netman and Reports are related
> > together.
> > can any one help me in finding why and in what scenarios the reports hangs
> > (when accessed through web)
> > and what is the relation between NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE and NETMAN and
> > Reports?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Venkat
Hi Venkat,
I have the same issue with IIS and reporting services.

Please give details for which log files you gave permission and which
user/group. Also what kind of permissions.

Thanks a lot.
Salman

"Venkat" wrote:

> finally the issue is figured out. Web server does not have permissions on log
> files so it is hanging intermitently
>
> "Venkat" wrote:
>
> > Hi, on further analysis, we identified that:
> > Call to reportingservice2005.asmx is not comming back. the last request we
> > have seen in IIS log file is: /Reports/reportingservice2005.asmx (At the same
> > time we noticed DCOM errors in event log)
> > And then no response even after 10 minutes time.
> > Then we have to reset the IIS to make it work
> >
> > Just a small correction on the issue titile. while request to report is
> > hangging, we are able to continue and browse the other applicaiton aspx pages.
> >
> > Any one faced these kind of issues?
> >
> > "Venkat" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > > we have a strange issue at customer site.
> > > We are using SQL 2005 Service pack 2 reporting services, OS is: Windows 2003
> > > server
> > > Some times IIS/web requests hangs when accessing reports. once this is
> > > hanged, i can't event browse: http://localhost/Reports. Nothing can be done.
> > > I need to restart to start accessing/running reports.
> > >
> > > Whenever this happens, i can see one DCOM error in event viewer:
> > > NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE account does not have permission on NETMAN
> > >
> > > I am not sure how Network Service account and Netman and Reports are related
> > > together.
> > > can any one help me in finding why and in what scenarios the reports hangs
> > > (when accessed through web)
> > > and what is the relation between NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE and NETMAN and
> > > Reports?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Venkat

Access keeps stalling and restarting
Not sure why. Nothing has really changed, except I added some small things today. But it seems like it always happens after hitting the refresh button on a form. When I first start the database, I can press one or two times with no problem. After using the database a few minutes however, it seems that it is too much for the database to handle! I have not made any changes to the refresh function. Any idea what could be going on? thanks in advance! magmike ...

Accessing Outlook through VPN client connection
I can access office network with DSL dial up VPN connection from work site and from home, but cannot access Microsoft Outlook through network connection at home. At work site, Outlook is accessed normally after establishing VPN dial up connection. At home, Outlook attempt renders error message saying Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable....Retry/Work offline. Thanks, Craig ...

I am trying to import the XML schema at http://gdmxml.fugal.net/gdmxml.xsd into Access 2007. But I am getting strange results. Only 1 table (assertion) with a single column gets created. Can anyone point me to more info on importing XML into Access 2007? -- Dennis ...

Turning off Ribbons in Access 2007
I recently moved a rather large application from Access 2003 to Access 2007. I have user specific custom menus and toolbars in the database and need to shut off the 2007 ribbons as they are not needed. Is there an efficient way to do this through a startup macro or short snippit of startup code? -- Pete E Assuming you have converted the db to A2007, as far as I know, you must have at least one ribbon. You could build a custom ribbon with only one group/button on it, and show that, and also minimize it so that it doesn't take up much space. I am assuming that there is cod...

Download email from outlook web access
Hello, Is it in anyway possible to download email from outlook web access onto the local hard drive using outlook application or any other tool? I am not always connected to internet and need to be able to access the email in offline mode. I am currently able to access the emails only using the URL: https://exchange.xyz.com/exchange where xyz is the name of my org. i saw a few replied but they were too old - wondering if something new has come up to enable this? Thanks, G Hi, That is not possible. RPC over http is the answer (if you are running Exchange 2003), else a VPN connection. Le...

Error when trying to create reports
I am getting an error: There has been an error reading or writing the file '.' Anyone know how to fix this? In microsoft.public.money, Peggy wrote: >I am getting an error: There has been an error reading >or writing the file '.' > >Anyone know how to fix this? See if any of these resembles your situation: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281865&Product=mny http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;185848&Product=mny http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321085&Product=mny Thank you, Cal!!...

convert Access 2000 file to Word 2002
Is there an easy way? An Access file CANNOT be converted to Word. You can export a report to Word. -- Lynn Trapp MS Access MVP www.ltcomputerdesigns.com Access Security: www.ltcomputerdesigns.com/Security.htm "Lee" <lpeavy@marlinengineering.com> wrote in message news:054b01c39351$0c6670a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there an easy way? ...

Report problems when upgrading
I have not upgraded from Money 98 because of a continual problem I have had with reports in each newer Money version. When I auto convert, or manually enter transactions, all transactions show up on the Performance by Investment Account report as being in the current year, no matter what the date is. For example, say I enter a purchase of $25,000 on 1/1/2000. If I look at a Performance by Investment Account for 1/1/2003 - 12/31/2003, I will see $25,000 in the "Buys" column. If if I click on it, there will be no transactions for the date range (because it was in 2000). ...

divide by zero error on purchase order report
On a clean install of headquarters manager I get a divide by zero error on the standard purchase order report. Regardless of what date range I put in it generates the same error. Any one else had this problem? Thanks You have a purchase order in the system with an exchange rate of zero. Run the following SQL Statement from HQ Administrator: Select PONumber, POTitle, StoreID, ID, ExchangeRate from PurchaseOrder where ExchangeRate = 0 This will tell you which PO is causing the error, but fixing it will be a problem as there is really no PO Editing function in HQ. You could use a SQL Upda...

Access migration from 2000 to 2007
Can some one give me the list of things I need to keep in mind while upgrading my database from 2000 to 2007. I have lot of tables, macros, code modules, reports in my database, (one database for each year from 2005 to 2009). What are the areas that I need to more cautious on. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201002/1 I mean where should I start from? open exisitng 2000 databse in ACCESS 2007 and fix as I found issues? mls wrote: >Can some one give me the list of things I need to keep in mind while >...

Chrystal reports and using custom fields as a filter
I’ve read a comment on the problem that occurs when using custom fields as a filter for Chrystal Reports in MS CRM. This is the related post on the MS CRM newsgroup. ------------------------- or open the report and click Database - verify database to make the report aware of the new fields -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Stephen Redmond" <stephen_at_crm.ie@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message news:%23W1EI%23sqEHA.896@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >Keng, > >You need to refresh the report...

XADM: Error 1084 Reports corruption in an RTF Attachment
Hi, Just got this error message on my Exchange 2000 enterprise server for the MSExchange IS Mailbox store in the event logs. The server is running OK. The store is working OK. Checked article 232685 and it said that exchange is operating by design but the article is refering to Exch 5.5 Is this error safe to ignore. No third party products have been installed in the last year. thanks -- Kath ...

Opening Access Database
I have done a mail merge in word and all my data seems to be in stored as an Access database, but if I go to Access I can't open the database. It comes up with error 3343 - unrecognized database format. I am trying to print off a copy of my database. I have Works Suite 2002. Unfortunately I don't know which version of Access I have. I'm not terribly computer literate. How do I find out? Lowenda I don't believe Access is included in the Works Suite. You can check at www.microsoft.com -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP...

Copying FRx reports company to new machine
Just re-installed mas90/FRx on a new machine, but can't figure out how to bring over my company, named VSI. Where are the files, or how do I tell where it's located in order to hook in all the work I've done to the new installation of FRx??? First, you should have just cut out the part about MAS 90. Yuk. :) Do you still have access to the old machine? Without being able to log into FRx from an existing machine, it's going to be difficult to determine where the files were/are located. Do you know if the files were installed on the c drive of the old machine or on the net...

Connect to remote db with SQL Mgt Express 2008
Hi, quick question on SQL Studion Mgt Expres (SSMES) 2208. Is it possible to connect to a remote db from within SSMES 2008?. The options in the welcome screen show: Database Engine and SQL Server Compact Edition only. On SSME 2005, there was an option to connect to remote db's. This did allow me to connect to my ISP db. Is this gone in the express version? TIA On Apr 28, 5:41=A0pm, helveticus <msch....@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, quick question on SQL Studion Mgt Expres (SSMES) 2208. > > Is it possible to connect to a remote db from within SSMES 2008?. The > o...

How do I stop the Commands from disappearing from Quick Access too
..Added commands to the quick access toolbar at work - next day they were gone Using Excel 2007. So, how do I stop the How do I stop the Commands, I added, from disappearing from Quick Access toolbar -- SherylAnne ...

detailed sales report -- Total costs and Total profits
When we run detailed sales report and group by product, it appears the cost column displays the unit cost per item and the profit column displays the profit per item, but not total costs (cost times quantity) and total profit (profit times quantity). For example, a row of data reads qty sold sold price total sales cost profit 2 2.5 5 .59 1.91 If I sold 2 items which cost .59 each, that's $1.18 of total cost against $5.00 of sales, leading to $3.82 total profit. Is there a report that will give m...

report not grouping correctly
i set up a report with grouping on Repair, Employee. My Employee isnt grouping right. Say the employee name is Stephen, it will group half of everything with Stephen, then another half with Stephen... I have looked at the form to make sure it is entered correctly and it is.. I cant figure it out? Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com I do not understand. It seems like it is grouping like it is suppose to as Stephen, is not the same as Stephen... and would be another group. Am I missing something or reading what you wrote incorrectly? Try ...

about access Control List(ACL)
Hi! I just want to make sure that my understanding about ACL is correct Assume that you have a directory and a file. As I understand this a directory or file can only be connected to one ACL but you can have many Access Control Entries in this ACL. //Tony On 19-04-2010 12:33, Tony Johansson wrote: > I just want to make sure that my understanding about ACL is correct > Assume that you have a directory and a file. > As I understand this a directory or file can only be connected to one ACL > but you can have many Access Control Entries in this ACL. As I read:...

BACS reports and listings and comment box
Please could we have the BACS status report and the comment box back on the Print cheques function? The BACS status report was used by many clients as a verification and printed for signature of confirmation that the BACS file was accurate and approved. As there is no other approval on this process and the text file is not encrypted in any way this provided a useful back-up. The comments box on the Cheque Printing window was used to enter a comment referring to when the payment would clear the payees bank account. There is now no feature for being able to include this text as part of...

Cancelled transaction report
Hi everybody I'm looking for a report of cancelled/aborted transactions Any help would be appreciated! ...

Report Parameters forms value list set by VBA?
NOTE: I"m a VBA novice I have a set of reports that use a common Report Parameter form. When I first designed them it was convenient as the same set of filters were applicable to all the reports: Example: report for invoices, report for open orders, report for processing orders Filters were: Location, Manager & Employee Now they also want to filter by date range, which won't consistent between reports: IE. Invoices = 30, 60 or 90 days old vs Pending Orders = 10, 15, 30 days old I'd like to just add one more drop down box to the parameter report and have the value list ch...

Transferring email addresses from Access to Outlook address book
Is there a way of transferring a list of email addresses with their contact names from an Access Database Table to my Outlook? ...

Please help w/form collecting parameters for Report
I am trying to create a form that will collect parameters for a Report. In searching for help on this I came across Allen Brownes Access Tip, "Limiting a Report to a Date Range". However, the code below works fine for one date. My report has 4 date parameters that need to be filled by the form. How can this be achieved using Mr. Browne's code? I have an Appt date, CareStart Date and CareEndDate, HospStart Date and HospEndDate and ServiceStartDate and ServiceEndDate. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Private Sub OK_Click() Dim strReport As Str...

Access 2000 IIF statement
Hello all, I am having problems trying to figure out how to write a statement that only shows a column if there is something in the column. Right now I get a bunch of blank records and then the one record with the stuff in it that I need. I have a report that works off a query. The query works off a table and has a field in it called "other_new_specify" and one with "other_pending_specify". What I want to do is have the field show up on the report only when there is something populating it those two fields. The following statement gives me errors Iif(IsNull(other_pendi...