Help requested in formulating Functions and script to create a mat

Visual Studio.net 2003, SQL Server Report Designer, SQL Query Analyser.
I have a table of milestones with data such as project, miletone name,
baseline date, planned date and actual date.  My task is to produce a chart
that has months in the columns and for each month a set of blocks of data,
made by concatenating fileds form the table, for milestones due in that
month.  I can extract the 'blocks' of data easily enough but when I put them
in columns each successive month starts on a new line below those of the
previous month.  I need it so that the first milestone of each month is in
the first row, the second of each in the next row and so on.  Months have
different amounts of milestones and some months have no milestones but there
must be a column shown.

Can anyone help with ideas of how to write a function or functions which
will deliver the rows to the Report Designer??

Bill Pay functions (new to Money)
I'm just setting up and learning my Microsoft Money. I already pay my bills (some automatically, some manually) through my local bank checking account. I have added that account to Money. If I set up Money's bill pay, are my bills going to get paid TWICE? "ConnieVH" <ConnieVH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DF37BC1-380A-40F9-9F27-0A8AA0A028C2@microsoft.com... > I'm just setting up and learning my Microsoft Money. > I already pay my bills (some automatically, some manually) through my > local > bank checking account. I have added t...

help help remote login
i need to access the exchange server remotly. we have a vpn set up and i don't know how to get in to do simple things like delete the bad mail folder ect.. or access simple files. if some one could guide me the right way or help it would be muc appriciated. thanks tony Have you considered remote desktop? Nue "tmolaee" <tmolaee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E47D75F-8825-4766-A4B1-49573815A158@microsoft.com... >i need to access the exchange server remotly. we have a vpn set up and i > don't know how to get in to do simple things like dele...

Help
In the last three days, I have unable to download attachments. Previously I had no problem. When I attempt to open my attachments, I get a window called File Conversion filled with ASCII characters. Need info on how to correct this. It sounds as if these attachments are defaulting to Microsoft Word to open. What types of files are these? What are the file extensions? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Manville" <bjmanville@sbcglobal.net&g...

EXCEL 97
Hi there! Ive created a linked spreadsheet in 2003 and am unable to open in 97. The error msg i get is "unable to open - insufficient memory". Any clues how i can get around this little dilema??? Thanks in advance! ...

HELP!!!!!!!
Hello! I'm doing a sheet at work and I'm having some problems, I need your help! Whay I have is a sheet with some columns and rows. - 1: Can I put "filters" on SOME columns only? I can put filter with auto-filter to all columns, but it makes no sense... How to put on SOME only? - 2: Can I auto create a book when inserting some data on a cell (write down something on a blank cell)? use the same name as text written on cell? - 3: Complete some cells auto from specific cells on other sheet (file) of excel? - 4: Hide some columns so some users on a Domain don't see......

help
how to enlarge publisher business card to letter size 8.5x11 A single card? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "notoes" <notoes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09072BB4-4BB5-45E1-973A-32D0538D4999@microsoft.com... > how to enlarge publisher business card to letter size 8.5x11 must have a big wallet to keep them in -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote i...

Urgent Help Required on Excel Macro Problem
Hi there, We are facing one problem from around 2 months.Some of our users have XF_SIC.A virus found in their pc.XF_SIC.A virus generally found in excel workbook as macro virus.This virus create one excel 4.0 macro sheet with "very hidden and very protected" attributes in excel 97 workbooks which can't be removed as it is not seen.every time when infected excel 97 file opens it infect the default startup excel file(Book1 placed in XLSTART folder) and then every excel file that will be open will have infection as default file book1 infected.now our antivirus software mcafe...

Supplemental info to "HELP-excel date malfunction
Here's some additional info to the earlier post on the date cell function malfunction. Been isolated to the function to insert the date (cell format/date). It seems the application cannot interpret the system date properly. Always inserts/interprets the date as CurrentMonth-01-2011, instead of actual date. I cannot use the application this way. I am using the 'general' setting in cell format, then entering the string Month(abr)-day [eg= dec-17] instead of letting application enter the date automatically. Is there a patch available for this issue? -- Visit Family Rad...

Create New Default PST
How do you go about creating a new PST and then setting it as your default in OL2002? Thanks for the help! JohnH <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do you go about creating a new PST and then setting > it as your default in OL2002? To create it, click File>Open>Outlook Data File. Browse to the folder where you want it, give it a name, and click OK. Then to select it for your default delivery, click Tools>E-mail accounts>View or change existing e-mail accounts>Next. Click the drop-down next to "Delivery new e-mail to the following location...

Help: how to print fill pattern well in any printers
As we know, for display, we can call CreatePatternBrush() to create a 8pixel * 8pixel to fill a region. It is perfect for display in the display device and some printers. But In some high-res printer, the fill pattern is printed as gray. (the fill pattern is printed so densy that it looks like a solid gray block, for example, some HP printers and Acrobat PDF printer). I have tried a bigger bitmap brush according to the printer device's resolution. But It is still bad for some printers. Any suggestion is appreciated. Is there any way that is suitable for any printers? ...

creating a templates area.
Is it possible to create a workgroup template folder and view those templates in excel? I noticed that word had this option but excel didn't. TIA, Jackson Just put your excel templates in that same Workgroup Template location. Excel will find it. (You can change that location in MSWord, but excel will find that setting.) Jackson wrote: > > Is it possible to create a workgroup template folder and view those > templates in excel? I noticed that word had this option but excel didn't. > > TIA, > > Jackson -- Dave Peterson Thanks for the quick reply b...

meeting request erroneously goes to distribution group
How to annoy multiple users in one go! Setup: Exchange server 2003; Outlook 2000 User A sends a meeting request to User B but also includes Receptionst C so she can book the room. Meeting request goes successfully to User B and receptionist C, but a second meeting request also mysteriously gets sent to a distribution group for all staff in the office. If the meeting request is sent without including Receptionist C it works as it should. The distribution group does not receive the request. There are no rules set on the receptionist's Outlook client. This has happened 3 times for requests fr...

How to access help?
That office assistant thing is useless to me. It says you can switch it off but how? And where do I find stock standard help? Or does that only come up when you've got the paperclip switched off? In which case, again, how do I switch the thing off? How to modify or remove Office Assistant Help in Office 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/203689/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "abrogard" <abrogard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36DF541B-4845-454E-B610-4BA5DFD28952@mi...

Countif/And Function
I am trying to count the number of occurrences in a column based on two criteria. For example, I would like to count how many times the letter 'N' appears in column E, but only if the value in column A is equal to 0016. Can this be done using the COUNTIF or AND functions?? (basically I would like to count the number of cells in column E with a value of N in column E AND a value of 0016 in column A) Hopefully this makes sense... Thanks! Try... =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="0016"),--(E1:E100="N")) OR =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100=G1),--(E1:E100=H1)) ....where G1 con...

Left Lookup Custom function
Hello all I am trying to write a custom function to do the work of my current function, so that all I have to do is type the custom function name in and select the cell. This is what I have so far, but is not working for me. As I am new to Custom Functions some help would be greatly appreciated. This is the original function =Left(A2,Search(" ",A2,1)-1) This is what I am trying to use in VBA Function LeftSearch(textStr As Variant) LeftSearch = Left(textStr, Search(" ",textStr,1) - 1) End Function Thanks in Advance Jacob VBA has the equivalent of =Search() in i...

now function in a form
On a form in Access 2003, I created an unbound control and inserted the formula =now() The date and time is displayed. We do not want the time, just the date so I selected the ShortDate format in the Properties. Works fine, unless someone clicks the control, in which case the time reappears. The form must closed and reopened to remove the time. Can anyone explain this and suggest a work around. Thanks Marsh "Marsh" <Marsh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3EAB67B-05ED-44BB-B9B4-CD0456BF0F4A@microsoft.com... > On a form in Access 2003, I created an u...

Help with RecordSetClone
Hello, this is my first attempt at using recordsetclone to look at the same field on a continuous form and update the field. I have looked at other examples on this forum and put together the below code but I keep getting an "invalid argument 3001 error" when it reaches the first .FindNext. With Me!subfrmPersons.Form.RecordsetClone .Bookmark = Me!subfrmPersons.Form.Bookmark .FindNext Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB] MsgBox Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB] 'for testing only If Not IsNull(Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB]) Then Me!subfrmPersons.Form! [Age]...

Little help, 5.5 to 2k3 migration problems (long)
Hi, First post here, so I apologise in advance if I get anything too wrong, or it's too long. I had Exch 5.5 running on a Win2k domain controller, 60 odd users, some public folders, some delegate access etc. I decided to migrate the system to a Win2003 / Exchange 2k3 server, following the deployment instaurations on the CD. *Note: on further investigation on the KB, it seems that I should have run the 5.5 DS/IS constancy checker before the migration to iron out any ACL/AD issues - this wasn't done. I have also discovered that my original ex5.5 site name contained invalid character...

How do I create an invoice?????
I have Money 2002 home edition, and cannot find any invoice templates or ANYTHING to do with invoices. I was under the impression I could create invoices with the home edition. Am I wrong?? ...

excel help 04-09-10
I have a table (range a5:s33) that is changing constantly and its being updated. I need cell I1 and I2 to give me the date (I1) and time (I2) when any of the cells within the range are modified....any help?...thanks Try the following Sheets Event-Macro: ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Application.Intersect(Target, [A5:S33]) Is Nothing Then [I1] = Date [I2] = Time End If End Sub --------------- Micky "jcheko" wrote: > I have a table (ran...

Can I create custom theme fonts?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a variety of office documents where the fonts that I use are not available in any of the theme fonts. I would like to be able to modify the standard fonts that are part of a theme the same way that I can modify the colors that are part of that theme. I've searched Help and the web to no avail, so I'm assuming this feature doesn't exist. ...

Crosstab Query with query parameter used to create a report
My crosstab query using a query parameter works fine; however, once I try to use it to create a report I am asked multiple times to re-enter my query parameters. The report generates the correct results; however, why do I need to re-enter my query parameter multiple times?? Thanks.. Open the crosstab in design view, click on menu Query - Parameters. This opens another window. Type in your parameter names and data type. Save. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "JJ_Access" wrote: > My crosstab query using a query parameter works fine; however, once I try to ...

Functions
I want to test a two series of numbers to see how closely the ORDER of each series is to the other that is how far one Order deviates from the other. Does Excel have a function that does this please. Thanks rraybould One thought - CORREL? Eg: =CORREL(A2:A6,B2:B6) would return the Correlation coefficient of the two numeric series in A2:A6 and B2:B6 The closer it is to 1, the better the correlation between the 2 series Voila? hit the YES below -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:27,000 Files:200 Subscribers:70 xdemechanik --- "rraybou...

Excel data completely disappeared
Please can someone help me with a problem I am having. I created a spreadsheet with Excel and included a 'comments' column designed to appear with a mouseover. I saved the spreadsheet and tested it out, everything ok ... until I went to view it the next day and every single comment has disappeared !! Even the red triangles have completely disappeared ... this is really weird. Can anyone throw any light on this ? TIA, cool4cats -- cool4cats ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cool4cats's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?actio...

Outlook 2007 hang on received external meeting request
Hello, If this meeting request is opened by the same user with outlook 2003 its opens without problem. Exchange 2007 SP1 Rolup 2. Thanks ...