getting sql report 2005 web service to work

 The error I am getting  in sql reporting service  2005 is 'The selected
report is not ready for viewing. The  report is still being rendered or a
report snapshot is not available.  (rsReportNotReady)'.

 There are lots of answers on the web and I have tried alot of them including
obtaining extract space.

The error I am getting is: " The report is still being rendered or a report
snapshot is not available.
 (rsReportNotReady)".

 I am using using windows-authentication to the datasource, and I am
 wondering if I am not setting up the pass-through properly on the
web-service.?

 Thus to correct the problem can you tell me what to do and/or point to some
 urls that solve the problem?

  Thanks!

jassie

Sorry!

 I accidently posted this message twice.

jassie wrote:
> The error I am getting  in sql reporting service  2005 is 'The selected
>report is not ready for viewing. The  report is still being rendered or a
>report snapshot is not available.  (rsReportNotReady)'.
>
> There are lots of answers on the web and I have tried alot of them including
>obtaining extract space.
>
>The error I am getting is: " The report is still being rendered or a report
>snapshot is not available.
> (rsReportNotReady)".
>
> I am using using windows-authentication to the datasource, and I am
> wondering if I am not setting up the pass-through properly on the
>web-service.?
>
> Thus to correct the problem can you tell me what to do and/or point to some
> urls that solve the problem?
>
>  Thanks!

jassie
1/28/2010 4:16:45 PM
This message was accidnetly posted twice!

 Sorry:

"jassie via SQLMonster.com" wrote:

>  The error I am getting  in sql reporting service  2005 is 'The selected
> report is not ready for viewing. The  report is still being rendered or a
> report snapshot is not available.  (rsReportNotReady)'.
>
>  There are lots of answers on the web and I have tried alot of them including
> obtaining extract space.
>
> The error I am getting is: " The report is still being rendered or a report
> snapshot is not available.
>  (rsReportNotReady)".
>
>  I am using using windows-authentication to the datasource, and I am
>  wondering if I am not setting up the pass-through properly on the
> web-service.?
>
>  Thus to correct the problem can you tell me what to do and/or point to some
>  urls that solve the problem?
>
>   Thanks!

> .

Rounding Averages on my Report
I created a summary report using the report wizard and grouped by date and selected avg. The report works fine except I would the numbers to be rounded. For example: The average for January shows 19.5, however I would like it displayed as 20. If February is 23.1678993, I would like it displayed as 23. Can someone help me with this? Thx Try... = Format([YourAvg], "#") 19.5 should display as 20 (rounding up from .5 or greater) 23.1678993 should display as 23 (rounding down from .5 or less) or... if you need numeric... ...

SQL General Help
I have been experimenting with using ADO to work with Excel data. I had some obstacles with the SQL until I stumbled across a web site that mentioned the table name needed a special format. Instead of using a table name like DATA, instead I had to use the format of [DATA$]. So I was wondering does anybody know of a source (document, web site, etc.) that explains all of the peculiarities of using SQL with Excel? Thanks Mike ...

Question about Web Publishing Wizard
I'd like to ask about an old program called "Web Publishing Wizard". It works great when uploading website material to my server, with newer versions of my files overwriting the older ones. I want to know if there is a way to use WPW to delete all of the files previously uploaded, so that my space on the server is empty. Anyone know? ...

Getting a process's description
Is there a way to get the process description of an executing process? For example, I've got the process id and executable filename for a process but I need to get a text description of it. I know this is possible because windows gets such a description when it asks you to "select a program from a list" to open a file with unknown extension. There is also another application called ProcessExplorer which is able to display a text description for a process. Any suggestions welcome (win32 api calls or .net library calls). schoenfeld1@gmail.com wrote: > Is there a way to ge...

When do logs get deleted?
Hi, I use Veritas NetBackup and have noticed that my log files have not been getting purged after incremental and differential backups. Are they only deleted after full backups? Thanks, Dan Transaction Log files should be purged after full and incremental backups only.. "Dan" wrote: > Hi, > I use Veritas NetBackup and have noticed that my log files have not been > getting purged after incremental and differential backups. Are they only > deleted after full backups? > Thanks, > Dan I had an incremental completed last night with supporting evidence in m...

Getting date stored as text into real date?
A database query program outputs everything as a text string. One of the fields is a date, formatted as yyyymmdd. Is there a worksheet function that will change this to an Excel-recognized date? Or a macro? The error checking doesn't flag this. Ed With your text date in A1, try this in B1: =DATE(LEFT(A1,4),MID(A1,5,2),(RIGHT(A1,2)) Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 17, 1:12 pm, Ed from AZ <prof_ofw...@yahoo.com> wrote: > A database query program outputs everything as a text string. One of > the fields is a date, formatted as yyyymmdd. Is there a worksheet > function t...

How to generate a truly empty cell
"" generates a zero-length string, not a truly empty cell. This is causing problems elsewhere. I'd like to find an output for an IF statement that will give me a truly empty cell. The current formula is: =IF(COUNT(C24:C29)>0,SUM(C24:C29),"") Any ideas? If it involves a macro (as I think it might, having read other posts), please explain how to implement it. Thanks! <This is causing problems elsewhere> It shouldn't. Don't use ISBLANK(A1), use A1="" -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "paulkaye" <paulmjkaye@gm...

Problems with Crystal Reports
Hi everyone We are currently encountering a problem with Crystal Reports on MSCRM. Launching one takes about 10-15 seconds before data is displayed (even if only 1 record is retrieved). The standard Accounts reports are worse, we get a Timed Out error everytime. We are deploying MSCRM on 2 servers - CRM Server has dual procs and 1GB RAM. Any suggestions are very much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Regards. Hon Having Crystal reports in CRM 1.0 timeout is a known bug. (Happens after you try to retrieve more than about 10K records.) There is a private hotfix. It will also be fi...

FRx Report Date won't change
We have a customer that has a GP Fiscal Year of 9073. Apparently, an AP transaction had accidentally been posted with a document date of 9073. So, in order to void that transaction, they created the fiscal year of 9073. Now, in FRx when they try to change the Report Date to December 2008, FRx changes the report date to December 9072. We've tried deleting the .g32 file and rebuilding the FRx GL Index. We've also tried deleting the SY40100 and SY40101 tables, rebuilding the Fiscal Periods in GP then rebuilding the FRx GL index but we still can use the 12/2008 date in FRx. Any...

(?) Free credit report and monitoring from Experian?
How do I get the free "credit report and monitoring from Experian" offered with Money Deluxe 2004? When I click, I'm sent to https://msmoney.creditexpert.com/CE_site/MCCLogin_C.aspx , but I see no-where to create a new account. Queries to customerservice@creditexpert.com have not been answered. Thanks, -stephen Do a little search at the Consumer Reports site and you will find the addresses and email addresses of the 3 credit reporting agencies. I believe they are required to send you a free report once per-year. You can research the referenced CR reports at your local libra...

Web Posting Interactive worksheet
I created a very small excel file that I saved as a web page (calculations.htm). More specifically, when I saved it I selected Republish Sheet and add interactivity, then saved it to my desktop. When I opened it up on my desktop everything looked fine. However, when I posted it to my website, as I do will all my new htm pages, the data would not appear. Any suggestions? By the way, the file is a series of calculations that ask for a user to input their weight and I calculate what their daily calorie intake is. Very simple. CP ...

Outlook Rules not working with new Exchange Server
We recently (last week) upgraded our Exchange 5.5 server with a new machine running Exchange 2003. Since that change, a few clients who use Outlook Rules to forward messages to other email addresses have noticed that those messages are no longer being delivered. We have clients using Outlook 2000 and some using 2003 - it doesn't seem to matter which version of Outlook that's being used. The rules work just fine for placing specific messages into specific folders, but anytime that a message is supposed to be forwarded to an outside email address, it is never delivered. Any ide...

Why doesn't indirect work with a dynamic range created using offse
Hi Has anyone else experienced this issue or I am doing something wrong. I have a series of dynamic range names defined using offset. For example the name USCities is defined as =offset(AA1,0,0,Counta(AA:AA),1) and the name Europeancities is defined as =offset(AB1,0,0,counta(AB:AB),1) In column A, dataentry into the cells is limited to USCities or Europeancities. In column B, I want to limit data entry to the range name appearing in column A. For example if USCities is selected in A1, data entry in cell B1 is to be limited to those cells forming the USCities range name. I have tri...

Match Duplicate Accounts doesn't work?
I just recently upgarded my Money 2004 to 2006 Deluxe. To take advantage of new features, I started setting up the online services for my checking account. I was able to have Money establish a connection w/ my bank and login w/ my supplied username and password. Then I got to the part where Money asks "Are you already keeping track of any of these accounts ..." - Yes - No - I'm not sure So, I select Yes because I have indeed already set up that account (and have many years worth of data in it!). Then I click thex Next buton whic...

getting info from a pull down menu and looking up column to get co
Sorry I don't know all the jargon, but basically i have made a list called employee and used it to make pulldown menus in multiple worksheets to enable me to select an employee for labor costs. Now I want to lookup(from the pull down menu,another list I made Called name, another list i made call rate) to be entered in the rate column. The "name" list='Employee records'!$A$3,'Employee records'!$A$4,'Employee records'!$A$5,etc... The "rate" list='Employee records'!$C$3,'Employee records'!$C$4,'Employee recor...

Error when I try to sing in Microsoft CRM web client
When I try to sing in Microsoft CRM web client this error occurs: Extern error: object does'nt exist in the server, check that the object exist in the database and also in the active directory. I think this happen after I installed the service pack 2. If anyone knows how I resolve this problem, and can help me - that would be great! Hello Sandy. Check this link http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2000/sp2/rnotes_us.htm#DrWatson in the "Outlook Web Access errors" See you. Daniel Rodríguez. ...

DLookup Not Working
I have a form i want to create a DLookup where I get the Last_Name on the tblUserNameTest when the field txtUser on the active form equals the User_IDon the tblUserNameTest table. I have this and it is not working what am I doing wrong? =DLookUp("[Last_Name]","tblUserNameTest","User_ID = " & [txtUser]) Whatever you can do to help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. lisa What data type is the field User_ID? Your code indicates it is a numeric data type. If txtUser is a form control on the current form, you should be qualifying it with either Me. or...

Hyperlinks to pdfs and word documents are not working
My Access database was recently upgraded to Access 2007. Now all of the hyperlinks I have to pdfs and word documents are not working. In browsing "external data" I see that I can link to text files and excel files, etc. Please explain why my links to pdfs and word documents no longer are working and how I can fix them. -- Archivist Try to eplain a little more, what do you mean by not working? Do the links react but present you with some kind of warning. In what way were the links created. Have you set the directory where your files reside as trusted in the trus...

How do i get notifications of Issued Certificates thats nearly Exp
I know of certutil but havent found a guide for it and i dont know how to vbscript its so i can find Certifcates thats about to expire. ...

How do gift cards work?
I'm new to MS POS 2.0, so please forgive me if this is off base... I want to be able to sell and accept gift cards in my store. I do not want to use pre-loaded Visa cards, but rather just a custom card that I will have someone build for me. What is the right way to go about this? I'm thinking that I need to get cards with a unique code on their mag-stripe which I can register in MS POS 2.0 with an associated $ amount. Is this correct? MS POS doesn't support Gift Cards, only RMS. Craig "Randy M" <RandyMagnuson@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23pJNqwRFI...

LDAP lookup not working with Outlook 2003
I have recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 and notice that I could no longer resolve names via the LDAP server. I get always get a message that there are too many matches in the Internet Directory. This does not occur with Outlook 2002 or Outlook Express. With these two applications, the name is always resolved in less that 20 seconds. Any ideas? Try a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups...

Report WRITER legends values #2
Hello. I need to modify existing modified report. Where can I find values for legends fields? Thanks. Sofiya. Hello Sofiya, Legend fields are placeholders that may contain pretty much anything, depending of the report you are working with. For example, on many reports, they are used to display the range values used when generating the report. (From-To) One thing you must remember though is that they are always typed as strings so you need to convert them if you want to do any arithmetic operations with them. In conclusion, if you want to evaluate the legend field values for a report,...

Excel reporting alternatives
Hi, I am part of a team currently looking for alternatives to replace Vision XL which our Finance team uses for ad-hoc reporting in Great Plains version 8. Although I am still seeking clarification I believe that Vision XL will not work with GP 10 or Office 2007 which we will soon be upgrading too hence a need for a replacement. My team will be writing sql reports using visual studio etc but our Finance team are rather hoping that they can continue using some kind of excel reporting tool, any ideas would be most hopeful. Kind regards Matthew Carpenter Hi Mathew One of the benfits of ...

Outlook (and Excel) stops working after MSXML installation
I installed MSXML 4.0 as per the "critical updates" message on my W98 today. After re-boot, when I try to open Outlook I get message "Unable to open your defauilt mail folder - the information store could not be opened" and then "Would you like to open your default file system folder instead?" - this is no good and I can't find anything. I can't open Excel either, I get messages about Visual Basic and when I close it, I get message "This process will stop the debugger". I now have a shortcut on my desktop "Microsoft MXL 4.0 parser&...

Get user inputs
I have a workbook that opens up upon macro run. It opens up in Read Only and would like to prompt the user to save the file at this point. Once they have saved the workbook under a new name I would like to delect the original file located at c:\Sales.xls. I would also like to ask the user to Enter the start date in MMM YY and end date MMM YY. Then starting in cell E1 Enter the reporting period they specified. Can someone help me out with the code to do this? Thanks in advance. To open up the SaveAs dialog... Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show To delete origi...