getting reporting services web service to work

 The error I am getting is 'The selected report is not ready for viewing. The
report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available.
(rsReportNotReady)'.
There are lots of answers on the web and I have tried alot of them including
obtaining extract space.

The error I am getting is:
" The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available.
(rsReportNotReady)".

I am using using windows-authentication to the datasource, and I am
wondering if I am not setting up the pass-through properly on the
web-service.?

Thus to correct the problem can you tell me what to do and/or point to some
urls that solve the problem?

I need to also mention I am using sql reporting services 2005.

  Thanks in advance for your answer!

"aaron" wrote:

>  The error I am getting is 'The selected report is not ready for viewing. The
> report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available.
> (rsReportNotReady)'.
> There are lots of answers on the web and I have tried alot of them including
> obtaining extract space.
>
> The error I am getting is:
> " The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available.
> (rsReportNotReady)".
>
> I am using using windows-authentication to the datasource, and I am
> wondering if I am not setting up the pass-through properly on the
> web-service.?
>
> Thus to correct the problem can you tell me what to do and/or point to some
> urls that solve the problem?

I bet it is this (using windows authentication for the datasource
credentials). You might be getting hit by the double hop authentication
problem. An easy way to tell is to change the credentials to use a securely
stored credential and either give it a domain user and password or give it a
sql login (I prefer the latter).

--
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services

"aaron" <aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need to also mention I am using sql reporting services 2005.
>
>  Thanks in advance for your answer!
>
> "aaron" wrote:
>
>>  The error I am getting is 'The selected report is not ready for viewing.
>> The
>> report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available.
>> (rsReportNotReady)'.
>> There are lots of answers on the web and I have tried alot of them
>> including
>> obtaining extract space.
>>
>> The error I am getting is:
>> " The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not
>> available.
>> (rsReportNotReady)".
>>
>> I am using using windows-authentication to the datasource, and I am
>> wondering if I am not setting up the pass-through properly on the
>> web-service.?
>>
>> Thus to correct the problem can you tell me what to do and/or point to
>> some
>> urls that solve the problem?

0
Bruce
1/28/2010 6:09:42 PM
You are correct that I am getting the double hop authenication problem.

What do should i do to solve the problem?

"Bruce L-C  [MVP]" wrote:

> I bet it is this (using windows authentication for the datasource
> credentials). You might be getting hit by the double hop authentication
> problem. An easy way to tell is to change the credentials to use a securely
> stored credential and either give it a domain user and password or give it a
> sql login (I prefer the latter).
>
> --
> Bruce Loehle-Conger
> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
>
> "aaron" <aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I need to also mention I am using sql reporting services 2005.
> >
> >  Thanks in advance for your answer!
> >
> > "aaron" wrote:
> >
> >>  The error I am getting is 'The selected report is not ready for viewing.
> >> The
> >> report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available.
> >> (rsReportNotReady)'.
> >> There are lots of answers on the web and I have tried alot of them
> >> including
> >> obtaining extract space.
> >>
> >> The error I am getting is:
> >> " The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not
> >> available.
> >> (rsReportNotReady)".
> >>
> >> I am using using windows-authentication to the datasource, and I am
> >> wondering if I am not setting up the pass-through properly on the
> >> web-service.?
> >>
> >> Thus to correct the problem can you tell me what to do and/or point to
> >> some
> >> urls that solve the problem?
> >>
> .

You have to go to Kerberos. Or your app needs to be on the same machine as
Reporting Services. This is not a reporting services issue per se it is a
windows authentication issue.

I don't know if trying my suggestion about using credentials stored securely
will work or not because this could be a problem with even running the
report, not just the credentials of the datasource. I'd try an experiment
with the datasource credentials and see if that helps.
--

> You are correct that I am getting the double hop authenication problem.
>
> What do should i do to solve the problem?
>
> "Bruce L-C  [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> I bet it is this (using windows authentication for the datasource
>> credentials). You might be getting hit by the double hop authentication
>> problem. An easy way to tell is to change the credentials to use a
>> securely
>> stored credential and either give it a domain user and password or give
>> it a
>> sql login (I prefer the latter).
>>
>> --
>> Bruce Loehle-Conger
>> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
>>
>> "aaron" <aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I need to also mention I am using sql reporting services 2005.
>> >
>> >  Thanks in advance for your answer!

>> .

0
Bruce

get paid now!!!
when you subscribe you'll be rewarded 10$$$ Check it now,don't wait!!!!!!! http://e-mailpaysu.com/members/index.cgi?andrusko ...

Problems with Access 2000 reports in Access 2003
Hi, we have a sent out a 2000 format access database to a client running Access 2003. When trying to open any of the reports they get an error - "the openreport action was cancelled" - Not sure if they get this by running the report from the database window or if it's only when done through a form (buttons that run docmd.openreport when pressed). Is anyone aware of any issues that may be causing this? I couldn't find anything elsewhere on the MS site. Thanks - Angie P.S. the reports work fine in 2000 and XP. ...

Report Options
Hi Everyone, Using Excel 2003. I usually use excel to make forms (glorified word processing) I have recently started to paste data from an Access database tables, and queries into excel. I would like to know how I should set up my spreadsheet to show my data by month, quarter and then yearly. I want my report to show an average percent for the month of April, May, etc then other cells that show the percent per quarter. I don't necessarily need you to tell me how to do it step by step because I think it is going to be alot of steps. For right now, I have 2 sheets and ...

Designing a report based on a crosstabe
Hello! Hope someone can help cause this is getting into my nerves... I have a crosstabe that I run with a parameter for "date of sales". Date of Sale is my column and the results are showed per month. So I run the query and set the dates from 01/jan/07 to 31/july/07 and the query returns the 7 months I want (mm/yy). How could I design a report that that would run with various parameters? From what I understood so far, the field in the report must necessarily have the name of the result achieved (ex. 01/07, 02/07, 03/07...). Hope I made myself understandable... Cheers everyon...

how do i get font style back on toolbar?
new to this...when i started my document the font style was displayed on toolbar...now it is not...what do i do and thanks to those who help!!!!!!1 Melissa, try view, toolbars, and check formatting -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "melissa" <melissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:852099EC-03A0-4B0F-91AD-0B9F61CF8C4B@microsoft.com... > new to this...when i started my document the fon...

Get Mallika Sherawath Bathing Videos in all Angles
Get Mallika Sherawath Bathing Videos At http://blogcreationandhosting.blogspot.com/2009/11/1-per-click-in-adsense-programs.html < Due to some issues,I have hidden these videos inside an image.In that website , click on the big vertical Image on right side of website & get the videos, Enjoy it > ...

Can I get my Dialog's background color already? :) Just can't figure it out
I'm trying to get the background color for the basic Dialog created using the Wizard GetSysColor(COLOR_WINDOW) isn't working (returns some other color) GetBkColor() for the DC isn't working (returns white) Where can I trap that? The dc->GetBkColor in OnPaint returns a white color I finally did GetSysColor(COLOR_3DFACE) because I noticed they are the same, but that's not really what I want Thank you. "Yasoo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9FF1E6B-C815-41B0-92FA-846EDC82FBAE@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get the ba...

mySQL datetime field reports as Long Integer with ODBC
I'm using Access 2003 as a reporting tool against a mySQL database, connecting with the mySQL ODBC driver 3.51.17. The ODBC driver reports every datetime field as a Long Integer in Access. This makes date operations problematic. I notice an interesting post in this forum from 2005 that would work fine ("Convert UNIX time to windows general date"), but using a function with every row seems like an unnecessary performance hit. Also, it seems counter-intuitive that the driver doesn't recognize the correct field type. The problem looks suspiciously like the mySQL bug rep...

Report Manager #4
Hi I have created a cusomised toolbar but when I customise the toolbar I cannot find "Report Manager" anywhere to add to it. The odd thing is that it is on the main menu but does not appear in the customisable dialogue box. Does anyone know where to find it, so I can put it on my toolbar. Cheers -- All help much appreciated. Thanks I'm guessing you created this customized toolbar manually (not by code). If that's the case and you have "report manager" under the existing tools menu already (or is it under Data???). Tools|Customize (just to see that dialog ...

Connecting Crystal Reports
I've created my ODBC connections and I can see in Crystal Reports my "Great Plains" connection. I know exactly which tables I want to pull my reports from but all I see are these ZDP_Tables. I believe these are stored procedure tables. For example I would like to use the CPY10100 (EE card table) but I see a few ZDP_CPY10100N_1;1, ZDP_CPY10100N_2;1, ZDP_CPY10100N_3;1 and so on. These tables have some of the columes I need but not all. Why would I know be able to see the table doesn't anyone have any idea? If you look at the screen in which you configure your data sour...

Best tool for adding a pivot chart like chart to a report?
Is it the PivotChart form or should I used the MSChart OCX? Which is easier to set up/configure to display the data properly? (A multi-column, multi-entity bar chart) Which is the most flexible? And where can I find tutorials on using both? Thanks Kyle Jedrusiak ...

Print all records on a report ONLY IF Invoice NO is same
How do I get all the detail records for the same invoice no. to appear on the same page? Presumably you have 2 tables, such as: - tblInvoice (the header record), with fields: o InvoiceID primary key o ClientID relates to tblClient.Client o InvoiceDate Date/Time - tblInvoiceDetail (the line items), with fields: o InvoiceID relates to tblIvoice.InvoiceID o ProductID relates to tblProduct.ProductID o Quantity Number o PriceEach Currency etc. To create a report that looks like an invoice: 1. Create a query that uses both tables, along with...

SHRINK TO FIT doesn't work properly
The subject above says it all: Since switching to Excel 2003, text that USED to be displayed correctly (via the 'shrink to fit' in cell formatting)now doesn't appear to get shrunk at all. Rather, it bleeds over into the next column. Duuno how it got broken, but it would sure be nice if it could be fixed! Did you try re-formatting the selection? Sometimes that will fix the conversion problem. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ As a matter of fact, YES, SEVERAL times. This is VERY peculiar behavior. The columns on either side of it are formatted as number...

System Cleanup not working
I have a few 2003 enterprise servers which are all on the same Recipient & Mailbox Policy's. Mail does not move to system cleanup folder which is past msg age limit and mail is not being deleted from Deleted Items folder past msg age limit. I checked out the old msgs that should have moved and they meet the requirements noted in http://support.microsoft.com/?id=302804: • PR_MESSAGE_DELIVERY_TIME • PR_CLIENT_SUBMIT_TIME • PR_LAST_MODIFICATION_TIME I up'd the logging on server to max and I see no errors. The time between events 1206 & 1207 for "Cleanup of items pa...

Text fields in report writer
I have a modified report dictionary, when I go into a report layout and enter a text field, when I tab off the field what I wrote is converted to something totally different. Has anyone seen this before? Reports that I have been using for months suddenly the text fields print something totally different. ????? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you! Hi J. We use a shared dictionary located on our server, and I find text fields do not "travel" well - ie. I often lose info if I export a report out of the dictionary to work on it. What I do is make a copy of the enti...

Multi touch does not work sometimes
I'm developping the HID KMDF minidriver for USB multi touch device. This driver uses continus reader for sending the multi touch report. This driver works correctly in normal way but when plug and unplug USB with PC repeatly (many times), multi touch does not work. I traced the driver on WinDBG, driver response the IOCTL_HID_READ_REPORT correctly. I should resolve this problem. Please advice me. I think this problem is caused by communicatiion between driver and continous reader. My driver store report id should be read by continuos reader on first 2 IOCTL_HID_READ_REPOR...

CRM Email delivery not working
1. I have CRM 3.0 on an SBS2003 box. 2. I have an account support with an email address of support@mydomain.com 3. I have created a CRM support account with the name techsupport and email of techsupport@mydomain.com I have applied the custom attribute CrmMailEnabled to the Exhange advanced settings, and disabled the user in AD 4. I have created a queue called Email Support with the email address in 3. above. 5. I have run the Exhange Rules Wizard supplied with CRM and chosen the CRM mailbox to be the user/email in 1. above, and run the rule on the Queue created in 4. above. 6. No ma...

Help!!Getting audio files to play continuously during slide show?!
I have Powerpoint 2002, and i am having a hard time getting the music file to play continuously during the slide show. it plays on the first slide (which is the only slide that has the little speaker picture on it), but then it doesn't transition to the next slide until after the song is done, when i want the song to play while the slides are transitioning. HELP please! Mega, Have a look here and see if it helps, there are tuturials in video demonstrating the process. http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00047.htm -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "MegaB86" <MegaB86...

Get Access Data into Excel
Hi All, I am using excel macro to get data from access database. My sql query gives me 5 records or more than that. I am able to pull it different cells. But I want all the 5 results in single cell. Please help im not exactly sure what your trying to do, but maybe something like this will do the trick dim accval as string accval=rs!:XXX rs.movenext accval=accval & " " & rs!:xxx loop it till rs.eof=true hth dmoney "fi.or.jp.de" wrote: > Hi All, > > I am using excel macro to get data from access database. >...

queries written inside MS-Access are getting deleted
Some of the queries I have written inside MS-Access are getting deleted automatically. And while I run the queries through code, I get this error 'Query should have one destination field' Explanation: I created a query in MS-access. Ran it from the code. Closed the database. Started it again, and now for that particular query, it is showing 'SELECT ;' only. Strange. I am in panic mode now What can be the possible reason? My first thought is that the database file is corrupt. Unfortunately it's a type of corruption that Compact and Repair probably won...

Please help! Outlook not working at all!
Hi! I have been working with Outlook for years - it was always a great feature - but now it is critical since I have an Ipaq that I need to sync to it. Outlook somehow is no longer working/on my computer. I have tried repeatedly to reinstall - to "fix" - anything with NO luck. I get an icon to click on for Outlook and then it goes directly to personal folders (nothing actually happens). Every other component of Office 2000 is working perfectly. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! I am desperado!!!! Have you run "Detect and Repair" from under help in Outl...

Outlook 2002 auto send/receive no longer working
For some reason my pop3 dailup no longer sends/receives automatically when launching outlook, or at timed intervals. Can someone help with suggestions on reseting this feature? XP Pro I'm using. I even did a repair of Office XP and a clean install. Thanks for any help! What are your Send/Receive group settings? Have you checked in the File menu to see if you have set your installation to Work Offline? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "circuit slave" <sh101@earthling.net> wrote in message news:2aee226c.0308230131.2914b6b5@posting.google.com... > For some reason my pop3 ...

Reported error (0X800CC0F) the connection to the server was interrupted
I am receiving this error message on a client workstation, none of the other 4 users on the LAN are receiving this error. They are using Outlook 2002 connected through an ADSL modem. The user still can send and receive e-mails but this error message always appears. Any one have any ideas? Reported error (0X800CC0F) the connection to the server was interrupted Sean For those of you that have been getting "Sending and Receiving reported error .... connection to server was interrupted" as I have, try creating a new HTTP email account, send and receive a couple of messages from that...

SFO/Web Client Activity Customization..
....it would be great if the next version of CRM allows us to modify the fields/forms of various activities and even create new types of activities. ...

Help mfcdll not working in vb
I am trying to write one MFC dll. I have created one test function declared like this in the cpp of dll _declspec(dllexport)void test() { AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()); AfxMessageBox("Hello"); } the problem is that this dll works fine when i use it in vc project but in VB it gives the following error Can't find dll entry point test in test.dll However when i declare this function in test.def it starts working in VB but gives an error in VC. I am not able to find out the reason for this behaviour. I will be thankful for any help on this. Sumit Marwal ...