Force subreport size

I am using SSRS 2008 and have a report with 2 subreports which work fine.
However, I want to force them to be a certain size and not shrink.  Is there
a way to do this on the main report?  I could not find a "Can Shrink" type of
property.  Or do I need to put them inside a rectangle in order to do this?
Thanks.
--
David

I found a solution. Put subform inside a rectangle and put a hidden verticle
line inside far right and hidden horizontal line in lower right.  It works
great as the rectangle is "forced to always be a certain size.
--
David

"DavidC" wrote:

> I am using SSRS 2008 and have a report with 2 subreports which work fine.
> However, I want to force them to be a certain size and not shrink.  Is there
> a way to do this on the main report?  I could not find a "Can Shrink" type of
> property.  Or do I need to put them inside a rectangle in order to do this?
> Thanks.
> --
> David

Sorting Inbox by size creates blank messages
I am using Outlook 2003. I have attached my hotmail to the inbox. When I sort on the "Size" Column, I lose half of my messages and then it shows a blank row w/ "None" in the recieved date column. Any ideas what is causing this? It makes it annoying since I can not sort by size anymore. Thanks. ...

Force table cells to remain a pre-set size
I'm trying to design a rather complex document with a table inside each table cell. I have used the table properties to set the row and column widths of the outer table, but when I adjust the inner table to try and make it fit, Often the outer table cells/rows/columns also change sizes to accommodate the inner table. Is there a way to absolutely tell Word 2007 that I do not want it to mess with my table size specifications? Thanks,. If you right-click on the table, select AutoFit>Fixed Column Width. If that doesn't quite do it for you, right-click on the table and sel...

Size of a user defined type with a byte array?
How do I determine the actual in-memory size of a User Defined type (UDT) with a variable size byte array? i.e. I want to know the size the Type would take if written to a disk file INCLUDING the size of things for which only a pointer is stored. e.g. Type TestType ByteArray() as Byte End Type Dim AVar as TestType Redim AVar.ByteArray(0) Debug.Print LenB(AVar) 'Shows 4 Redim AVar.ByteArray(1000) Debug.Print LenB(AVar) 'Also Shows 4 Thanks RichardF ...

attaching and reducing image sizes...
Using Outlook 2002, if I have a larger .jpg image that I want to send to someone, I can do it oen of two ways. 1) I can right-click the image then select "Send To"->Email Recipient where I am then asked if I want to keep the image's original size or reduce the image.... then select the recipient and send and presto they will receive the reduced image size. 2) I can select "attach" from within a new email message and browse to where the image is and select it there... However, I do not have any reducing options as in teh previous option. Is there a way to red...

Backup Exchange IS
Hello, when I�m backup my exchange 2003 information store (with BE11d) I get the following error message: 546 The log file sector size does not match the sector size of the current volumn. Is the ese log buffer size meant in this error? Is it possible to change this size? Is the current volume in the message the Backup to Disk folder or my volume with the IS? Thanks for Help Hans This is an Exchange backup, i.e., you're backing up the Information Store and not individual files, correct? See if you can back it up with NTBACKUP. If that's successful, then you might bring...

email size is 2 or 3 times larger than original size
the original email document in publisher is 64 k before sending , after sending , the receiver of the email gets a file thats 146k in size, without using the signature in outlook, or sometimes it doubles, triples etc, ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. h...

Max size of CEdit ?
I am using a CEdit as a log transcript, repeatedly appending text to the end using int len = m_pLogWindow->GetWindowTextLength(); m_pLogWindow->SetSel(len, len); m_pLogWindow->ReplaceSel(text); m_pLogWindow->SetSel(-1, 0); It's worked fine so far. But suddenly no more text is being appended. The current length returned by GetWindowTextLength() is 30000 and it doesn't seem to get any larger. Is there a hard maximum character length of the CEdit of 30000 ? How can I get around this problem? I suppose it might be possible to start removing text from the...

error from subreport
I have a main report with a subreport on it. The subreport shows "Error: Subreport could not be shown." I get this in the subform only if there is no other data in the row. Otherwise, all is working fine. How can I overcome the error message to not show? Thanks...John ...

Exchange 5.5 sp4
Hi, All I have exchange 5.5 sp4 on an nt4 sp6 SBS 4.5. The database priv.edb has reached the maximum allowed size and information store service shuts down. After defragmentation priv.edb I run exchange and have removed some messages. But information store shuts down again and priv.edb has returned to the previous size. How to decrease the size of priv.edb ? ...

What is the downside to increasing mailbox size for users?
I have a few managers requesting to have their mailboxes increased to 1GB from the default corporate policy which was set by a previous IT Director to 300 MB per user. I've had other admins tell me that it would not be a good idea to increase mailboxes and to have users archive their e-mail if needed. The managers are starting to frustrate our support team with these kind of requests and we'd like to present our reasons why we would prefer not to increase the mailbox sizes so if anyone has a few answers why it wouldn't be a good idea please let us know. TIA! On Wed, 28...

How to do a graph that shows a US map, where size/height of state.
Looking for a way to make a graph where the size or shape or height of the state on the map of the US would reflect to count of items in that state. I don't know of any way to do this in XL. You may be able to with MapPoint (http://www.microsoft.com/mappoint/default.mspx) but I have no experience with the separately priced product. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <FB4F2E62-6F8E-4FC0-B17A-0FB74EF214CA@microsoft.com>, Andy56 @discussions.microsoft.com says... > Loo...

Custom Page Size Printing
I am running Windows Vista Home Premium & MS Office 2007. I setup custom page size of 5.5 x 8.5 (sandard size or formal invitations). I setup a Microsoft Access 2007 Report using this page size. I am printing on a HP Color LaserJet 2600n. when I print the printer recogizes the paper in the tray as being valid, but prints the image ~1.5 inches off center to the left. I then setup a custom page size of 8.5 x 8. and used it. I printer recogizes that the paper in the tray is incorrect and asks me if I wish to override and then prints. This issue with that is that if you are pri...

Macro size limit?
Dear All Is there a limit or a desirable maximum size of a macro? for instance one of our users has recorded lots of actions into one macro (and intends to keep adding to it). At present the macro is 117kb (13 pages of printed text). He can split the macro into several separate ones if size is an issue. Thanks in advance. Belinda Belinda, You should split the module in to several modules, each less than 64KB. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Belinda Robinson" <bel@rl.ac.uk> wrote in message news:bovrh...

RMS Database Sizing
Does anybody have an easy way of estimating the size of an RMS HQ and Stoire Ops Database. For instance a spreadsheet or something where I can input known data (such as number of Stores, number of Items, Averagve number of itmes in a treanbsaction, number of transactions per day etc) so that I can see the size of Database I can expect to have at QH and at each Store after 1, 2 3 years trading. Also once trading is there a way of archiving Data from the RMS Database? Thanks, Keith. I have no idea what size a Store Ops or Headquarters Database will grow to. I need have an idea so that I ...

Large Excel file size, no pivot tables
Using Excel 2002 (created in 2001, so probably with Excel 98 or 2000), I don't have any pivot tables in my workbook, but do have about 24 worksheets. Each sheet is set up with simple addition/subtraction formulas and each sheet carries the final total to the beginning of the next sheet. The file is 5 MB and I don't understand why it's so large. Column 1 is a name, column 2 is a number, columns 3-30 would contain a "1" (if entered) and column 31 is the ending balance (take column 2 and subtract the sum of columns 3-30). Column 31 then becomes column 2 on the nex...

Change font size in drop down validation lists
Is there a way to change the font size in the validation drop down list, as on some spreedsheets it is almost unreadable Hi no, but check out http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Font for a workaround Cheers JulieD "Big Daddy" <Big Daddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48CBC74B-576B-4537-9720-CE8B400669E4@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to change the font size in the validation drop down list, > as > on some spreedsheets it is almost unreadable In data validation dropdown lists, you can't change the font size. There are a cou...

Mailbox size #8
Hello all, I've recently began to move our mailboxes from Ex 2000 on Windows 2000 to Ex 2K3 on Windows 2K3. One thing I've notice is the size of the mailboxes got bigger after the move. Some got substantially bigger. For example, there's one mailbox that's about 700 MB before the move and it jumped to 1 GB after the move. However, not all increase are the same. So, I have the following questions: 1 why the increase? 2 what makes the different in the amount of increase 3 Is the increase permanent? Thanks Kit On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:50:08 -0500, "Kit Ch...

Maximum Table Size?
Hi everyone! Happy post-Thanksgiving withdrawals as left-overs diminish! I'm using A02 on XP. I have a DB for internal contract audits and it's just one big table with 2 forms and a few reports. I seem to have hit a wall on adding fields to my table. I have approximately 162 fields and it won't let me add any more. I get the error: Property value is too large. There are no fields that can be logically moved to another table. It's just a questionaire with comment fields and a few dates. I guess I can have Table1 and Table2 and link them but I only need a few mor...

How can I change text size permanently?
How can I permanently change the size of text? View | Current View | Customize Current View | Other Settings... "Pauline" <Pauline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8FF98065-B18B-475C-A22E-1BD79E6D65CB@microsoft.com... > How can I permanently change the size of text? Tom, Unfortunately, in the version of Word that I am using, "Current View" does not exist under "View". Pauline "Tom Felts" wrote: > View | Current View | Customize Current View | Other Settings... > "Pauline" <Pauline@discussions.microso...

worksheet size limit
Hi all, I want to use only 500 cells and A to N cells not ore than 500 cells. i want to limit this no of cells. Regards, Sachin Good morning Sachin Narute You have two options: (1) Hide columns O to IV and rows 500 to 65,536. This will give the appearance of a spreadsheet set on a 14 x 500 grid. (2) Use the ScrollArea command thus: Worksheets(1).ScrollArea = "A1:N500" Once run this macro will display the whole sheet but restict the users movements to your prescribed range. This would not be saved with the workbook, but you could run this from your Workbook_Open event so th...

Attachements and Size of Mails in Public Folder
Hello! I want to Import in my Public Folders some Mails (like a Archiv) Now I have some Mails with more than 10 MB. Now Exchange says to me "Maximum Size for Objects in Exchange reached" (A German message). What do I have to do to increase the ammount? I tried to increase the maximum of sendable mails -> no effekt I Tried Q235895 from microsoft - but i found the Administrative Groups not in my Exchange Manager (perhaps the German word known?) Greetings TNT ...

sizing form into screen
hi, is there an easy way to have a form adjust itself to the screensize it is shown on? or can you set any setting to achieve this? Access help doesn't give any answers. tx Michell There's sample code to do this in Access Developer's xx Handbook by Litwin, Getz and Gilbert et al (where xx is whatever's appropriate for the version of Access you're using). You can learn more about their books at http://www.developershandbook.com/ They've also produced an MDE version of the code that you can download from http://www.developershandbook.com/downloads.htm and use i...

Will Exchange Server Force Required Password Change
I have reason to believe that my Exchange Server is being used to relay spam and that this was made possible by someone stealing or guessing one of our users' login info. If I go into the Active Directory and set each user to require a password change upon next login, what will happen when the violator next tries to relay an email through using the stolen credentials. Will the required password change stop him from doing so? As an ancillary question. If someone does steal credentials, how does he then use them to relay through our server? Is it as simple as some command ...

Font size #3
Using my new laptop I find that the font is quite small. How do I enlarge it on incoming mail and other scripts? "KAR" <KAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3818EA44-764E-4F64-92CB-D200418FFBF3@microsoft.com... > Using my new laptop I find that the font is quite small. How do I enlarge it > on incoming mail and other scripts? Right click in empty desktop area - Properties - Settings - Advanced - in section Font Size - pick Large Font (125%). This will enlarge fonts throughout windows and all applications. John7 Tools>options>mail format> ...

adjusting cell size in spreadsheets
Hi - I have excel for my apple laptop, and I'd like to find out how I can adjust the size of the cells. I'm cutting and pasting text from a document onto a spreadsheet, and every so often, a bit of text that I paste over from a document makes the entire cell get very large. I'd imagine I have to highlight the entire cell and select something to fix it...but what? Thanks! > Hi - I have excel for my apple laptop, and I'd like to find out how I > can adjust the size of the cells. I'm cutting and pasting text from a > document onto a spreadsheet, and every so often, ...