Extra cover page when report exported to PDF

I am using SQL Reporting Services for SQL Server 2005. I have a report
that uses a page header as a cover page. When the report renders in
the browser, the cover page prints once (as expected) and then the
data begins on page two. When the report is exported to a PDF, I get
two cover pages. The first cover page does not print the report items
fields so I can identify it as the "extra" page. The second cover page
is identical to the cover page that renders in the browser. Does
anyone have any ideas what I can take a look at?
0
Zack

figure out why your page is too wide? that's the first thing that I'd
look for

On May 3, 5:42=A0pm, Zack G <z.gallin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using SQL Reporting Services for SQL Server 2005. I have a report
> that uses a page header as a cover page. When the report renders in
> the browser, the cover page prints once (as expected) and then the
> data begins on page two. When the report is exported to a PDF, I get
> two cover pages. The first cover page does not print the report items
> fields so I can identify it as the "extra" page. The second cover page
> is identical to the cover page that renders in the browser. Does
> anyone have any ideas what I can take a look at?

Formula In Crystal Reports
Hi All, I'm just starting to learn Crystal right now but it's all very new to me so I was just curious if anyone knows if you can do formulas in it. I'd like to take a custom CRM field called setup cost on a product and add all the values of this field up in a quote. Ie if there are 3 products all with seperate setup costs I want to add those together. Or will this have to be done a different way? Thanks all Tom Hi, Crystal supports both VB and Crystal Reports formulas. the help files are quite good regarding formulas, and the 9.2.2 CR with enhanced edition has an excel...

Formatting four pages onto one 12x18 sheet
I'm trying to figure out how to format a 12 x 18 sheet with four individual 5.5 x 8.5 pages on it. Any ideas? The closest I can get is under page setup...selecting "postcards" and that will give me three pages per sheet, but I need four. Any ideas or thoughts are greatly appreciated. If your printer can be custom setup to 12 x 18 then you can divide it into four parts. Are you sure you aren't trying to setup a 11 x 17 landscaped sheet? In any event, setup your printer first. File, Page Setup, Advanced on the right, type 18 width, 12 height or 17 width, 11 ...

Converting Publisher 2002 catalog to PDF
I created a catalog using Publisher 2002. Now I need to convert it to PDF. The problem is that when I convert if, the pages do not appear in consecutive order (i.e., the first page of the catalog appears with the last page). Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Are you producing the catalog as a saddle-stitched book? What you are getting is printer's/press spreads, which, unless it is going on a large format press, is probably fine for your printer. If you are printing separate sheets to be bound by a different method, or if it is going on a large format press, and the printe...

click on page form tab to filter subform
I have page tab with following names: Flat Rate, Global Rate, MSRP Rate. I would like to have subform only show the rates for each page tab. How do I go about doing this. I am new to VBA and from reading all the threads, I can't seem to find the one that fits my exact need. Please explain step-by-step since I am new. Let me know if I need to provide more details. Thank you. Hi Kris Presumably you have a field in the RecordSource of your subform that contains one of the three values (Flat Rate, Global Rate, MSRP Rate) or some other text or code that corresponds to these values....

Report width will not shrink
I have a report that was originally designed as legal size, but by eliminating a few columns is now landscape letter size. However I am unable to shrink the width from 12" to 9" - there seems to be something invisible to me in one of the headers, footers or detail sections. I have tried everything to try to select whatever it is that is 12" wide but am unable to find it. I have tried CTRL A for select all, tried highlighting from the top or the side, etc but nothing shows up. It has to be a line or something, but when I preview the report the second page is blank. I ...

Turn Off SOP Transfer Log Report
Is there any way to not have the SOP Transfer Log show up? We usually just hit the Cancel button on the Report Destination window but it gets annoying when you transfer 100-150 orders a day. I know you can go into the posting setup to cancel posting reports but I can't find anyway to stop the Transfer Log. -- Scott Scott, No, there isn't a method built in to do this. You'd need a customization using Dexterity or I think you could use VBA to do this as well. patrick mbs developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ri...

How to export address book from Outlook XP to Outlook Express?
Does anyone know how I can export my Address Book from Outlook to Outlook express? Outlook Address Book is a .pab file. In outlook express click on File / Import / Other address books / Select outlook .pab file and you should be all set. I hope this helps thanks! "Candice" <bowns_candice@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:00a101c3cfba$7878b870$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how I can export my Address Book from > Outlook to Outlook express? > > Candice <bowns_candice@hotmail.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how I can export my Address Book f...

Signature page not printed for Credit card transaction
Hello I have set up new POS system and the POS system does not print signature page for credit card use. I check 'require signarue' for the receipt from tender type window and print Z-out to apply it but it still does not printing out the signature page. Any Solution? Please be advised. thank you for your help! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0034_01C92FBD.0CA0D0C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Alex, Make sure the receipt is set to print it. Manager | Database | Register = Lis...

Export News from Outlook express and import into windows mail
I only used outlook express for newsgroup so I need to backup and transfer all the messages that I flagged with the glasses icon. I just installed windows mail and it only downloaded the first 1000 messages. I can't see all of my messages because some of them they are old ... maybe 2002 but i need them all in the same place. How can I transfer these messages and the replies to windows mail? Outlook Express as well as other newsreaders only mirror what is on a news server and newsgroups neither import nor export. You can only export the account setting, but not groups or...

Automatically import/export workflow
Hello. I'm working on a redeploiment tool for CRM 3.0 pro. I mean a tool to automatically import all customizations (customizations, callouts, workflow, data...) of a CRM to another one. Is there a way to automatically (from a program, not manually) import/export workflow rules ? I know there exist web services for callouts import/export, is there the same for workflow rules. Regards, I don't think so. Workflow import/export is handled by a separate application and cannot be accessed through any of the CRM web services -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://...

how to use a saved master page
I have created a new master page and saved it as a .pub file. The question is when opening a new document, how do I apply the saved master file? Open the master file, copy, paste to your new publication. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Colin" <Colin @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3C59647-7D56-46B9-AA56-C707538ECDED@microsoft.com... >I have created a new master page and saved it as a .pub file. The question > is when opening a new document, how do I apply the saved mas...

I can add an extra calendar, but can't share it??
At my workplace we have a dozen of calendars for the rooms we use, like: - Meeting room1 - Meeting room2 - Jobcar1 - Jobcar2 and so on. Now we have calendar-books for each of them, and every time I want to reserve a room or the car I have to walk at least 50 meters... I thought it would have been nice if we could use Outlook calendar for this, I have now added a calendar, but it's not possible for anybody else to open it..? why? Are there better ways of doing this? (I know there are web-calendars and so on, but outlook would be much more convenient).. Best regards, =D8ystein In ne...

Parmeters in Reports
Hello, I have a report generated from a query. The field names are add1, add2 and add3, productname. The data in the fields: add1-add3 are the same. I would like to be prompted when I open the report for the data in fields add1, add2 and add3. Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200708/1 Open the query in design view. Add this as criteria for add1 --- [Enter add1 info] If you want the query to return records that have all if the criteria you enter then put criteria for the rest on the same criteria row. Otherwi...

Inserting rows slow on large report
I have a large report I maintain with 3 data tabs and 2 report tabs, 1 for top 10 customers, about 400 rows, and another for all other customers, about 4000 rows. Every month I have to update it for any new customer/product combinations. I have optimized the formulas to the best of my abilities and gotten a full recalc time down from 3 min to 30 sec, which is acceptable. My biggest problem now is that every time I need to add a row (or delete one for that matter) it takes about 15 seconds (on the 4k row report, adding to the top 10 customers report takes 3-5 seconds), per row....

CRM, Reporting Services & Forms Authentication
Our company has an app with forms auth that is integrated with Reporting Services. We have forms auth working successfully with Reporting Services. We'd like to integrate CRM and still use forms auth. Is this possible with CRM? Would anyone be kind enough to point me to any documentation or examples of CRM w/ forms auth & Reporting Services? ...

sending to group gets "sending reported error 0x80040610"
Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Sending' reported error (0x80040610) : 'Unknown Error 0x80040610' This person sent an email to a distribution group we have set up. It seems that everyone got it but the error came to her like that. Any ideas? Bryce. Does this help? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885917 -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Bryce" <fukuzz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:46119f2c$0$503$815e3792@news.qwest.net... > Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Sending' reported e...

New Entity visit Report and Integration of Participants (MS CRM 3.
Hello Newsgroup, We have created a new Entity called visit reports. We have to add Participants in this new entity. It would nice, if we could have a field like the Participants in the appointment, where you can select the Participants from Contacts, Accounts, and Users. I'll hope , some of you have a idear. Regards Thomas You have to create a new relationship for your custom entity to the types of participants you want to be available. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Thomas Haller" wrote: > Hello Newsgroup, > > We have created a new Entity...

Crystal Report 9.2.2!!!
Hello All, I have install crystal report 9 then I download crystal 9.2.2 and start the setup. first it uninstall crystal report 9 and then it starts installing 9.2.2 and ask the CD KEY I enter Crystal Report 9.0 CD key but it does not accept that KEY. How can I update Crystal 9.0 to Crystal 9.2.2??? Thanks in Advance, Naveed. recheck the key...you only need to install 9.2.2 then enter the 9.0 key -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Naveed" <nrehman@marsonssoft.com> wrote in message news:e%23...

Document extra check was printed and mark it void
I'm trying to figure out how to tell GP8 that an extra check was printed but we need it to be void. We printed checks today and accidently printed 1 more than we should have. Since we used that check number, GP will move on to the next one. We want to be able to go into GP and document that we did print that check but it should be void. Does that make sense to anyone? Did that exra check print on a check or on blank paper. Do you want to re-use that check number? I'm not 100% with GP 8, but in 10 you just go to "Void Historical Transactions" and void the check. ...

Report Columns
I am trying to add columns to my report but am having some difficulty. The report is basically a form letter. It is grouped on the employee’s unique ID. In that group header is the letter, Dear so and so etc. It is the details portion that I am trying to get into two columns. Is there something I am missing on how to do this. I would rather no put a sub report in to accomplish this. Thank you Jason, Well, the subform would be an easy way to go about that. However, I would think you could use the ID group header to display the first part of the letter, the detail section to disp...

page numbers in Word 2007
Hello, I have a Microsoft Word 2007 document which has a title and table of contents on the first page and the various chapters on the following pages. I have used an automatic TOC and then clicked on the Insert tab and then Page Number -> Bottom of Page to insert page numbers. My problem is that I don't want the first page to be numbered so that the second page starts with the number 1. I have tried clicking Page Number -> Format Page Numbers... to set the first page number at zero but then when I delete the zero all page numbers are deleted by Word 2007 just as th...

weird sum on report
Hi everyone I'm building a report based on several crosstab qry and it seem ok with values. That report has group values. I want, at some point, a line with totals as well as a line with the difference between 2 lines, like expenses to sales. Quite simple, i guess. Result : not only it doesn't subtract in some grouping/levels, as well it doesn't sum the other 4 lines i need. Is this weird or not? (lol) Tks in advance for all your help. Pedro Pedro, I don't see anything wrong from where I sit. Of course, I can't see your crosstabs, data, grouping levels, expressions, ...

Recover missing Z-Report
One of my clerks received an error message during running a Z-Report....she did not note the error so I have no idea what it is...the report did not print yet manager says there is a Z-Report but it is blank...all the transactions are in manager and it says there is a Z-Report but it is totally blank....any way to regenerate this Z-report or make it so it's not blank? ...

HTML report in vb.net
How do I create an html report in vb.net instead of Crystal or ReportViewer? Hello, > How do I create an html report in vb.net instead of Crystal or > ReportViewer? Pretty vague. If the problem is to create html markup you could try the HtmlTextWriter class (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.htmltextwriter(VS.80).aspx to see if it's easier for you. Also most Reporting Packages (including RS, note sure about Crystal but very likely) are able to render a report as HTML markup so you could perhaps still use them. Not sure what is your scena...

How do I publish to the web a 3 page web pubblication from Publis.
I created a 3 page web publication in Publisher 2003, but when I 'publish it to the web', only the first page is converted. What do I need to do? Review the FAQ - http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 -- David Bartosik - MS MVP www.publishermvps.com "Bazbo" <Bazbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B2BCFAD-8DB3-40C3-A0E2-B1EBDC60DE74@microsoft.com... > I created a 3 page web publication in Publisher 2003, but when I 'publish it > to the web', only the first page is converted. What do I need to do? ...