default parameter not updating on server

I have a report with a bool parameter that formerly was set to false. The
client wanted it changed to true. I made the change, previewed it, built &
deployed. On the server the default is still set to false. The other changes
I made are visible on the server but not the default change.

What is causing this and possible solutions.

many thanks in advance,
Kevin Vogler

0
Kevin

On 4 Dec, 15:22, "Kevin Vogler" <kvog...@turnkeytec.com> wrote:
> I have a report with a bool parameter that formerly was set to false. The
> client wanted it changed to true. I made the change, previewed it, built &
> deployed. On the server the default is still set to false. The other changes
> I made are visible on the server but not the default change.
>
> What is causing this and possible solutions.
>
> many thanks in advance,
> Kevin Vogler

Hi

I'm guessing this would work for Boolean as well

http://www.reportingservicestips.co.uk/RSTip020.html

0
Rictastic
12/4/2009 3:47:10 PM
Rick,

The old delete and redeploy works. I wonder what other things don't get
updated upon redeploy.

Thanks
Kevin Vogler
"Rictastic" <rickdayman@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 4 Dec, 15:22, "Kevin Vogler" <kvog...@turnkeytec.com> wrote:
>> I have a report with a bool parameter that formerly was set to false. The
>> client wanted it changed to true. I made the change, previewed it, built
>> &
>> deployed. On the server the default is still set to false. The other
>> changes
>> I made are visible on the server but not the default change.
>>
>> What is causing this and possible solutions.
>>
>> many thanks in advance,
>> Kevin Vogler
>
> Hi
>
> I'm guessing this would work for Boolean as well
>
> http://www.reportingservicestips.co.uk/RSTip020.html

0
Kevin
12/4/2009 4:27:53 PM
Thanks for the link. Very useful. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for boolean
default values. It just greys out the radio buttons.

Actually after trying the change and switching back to the plain old "True",
the radio group appears selectable but now has no default value.

Any other ideas?

thanks again,
Kevin Vogler
"Rictastic" <rickdayman@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 4 Dec, 15:22, "Kevin Vogler" <kvog...@turnkeytec.com> wrote:
>> I have a report with a bool parameter that formerly was set to false. The
>> client wanted it changed to true. I made the change, previewed it, built
>> &
>> deployed. On the server the default is still set to false. The other
>> changes
>> I made are visible on the server but not the default change.
>>
>> What is causing this and possible solutions.
>>
>> many thanks in advance,
>> Kevin Vogler
>
> Hi
>
> I'm guessing this would work for Boolean as well
>
> http://www.reportingservicestips.co.uk/RSTip020.html

0
Kevin

Visio 2007
The themes in Visio 2007 only allow for the setting of the theme font, NOT the font size or style (bold, italic, etc.). So the question is, when I start a Visio diagram how can I ensure that the starting font size is 12 and not 8 pt, bold and not regular. It appears that there is no way to do this, other than perhaps changing registry values. BTW: I use Visio on both XP and Vista. Peregrine Go to the menu bar > Format > Define Styles. The menu allows you to define a custom style which includes font face, size, etc. HTH Wapperdude "Peregrine Maitland" wrote: > T...

Event ID 9554/Unable to Update Mailbox SD
I am continuing to get the event below; I referenced Microsoft KB 555433 in which it details how to use ADFind Utility to locate the mailbox in question and update the permissions -- however, there is no account in my domain that matches that GUID. Any ideas? Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9554 Date: 10/6/2005 Time: 8:59:59 AM User: N/A Computer: MY EXCHANGE SERVER Description: Unable to update Mailbox SD in the DS. Mailbox Guid: fe3913d5-a4e0-4c0e-b3b1-291f50d7fc4f. Error Code 0x8004010f For more information, click http://www.microsoft.c...

Outgoing Email Server
In outlook, is it possible to send all messages from one server? It appears that currently the mail is sent using the server for the adress to which the original message was sent. micah356 wrote: > In outlook, is it possible to send all messages from one server? It > appears that currently the mail is sent using the server for the > adress to which the original message was sent. Why not set the SMTP server for all your e-mail accounts identically - use the same server for all of them? ...

sales line detail window-after updating the request Ship Date-also
I am also using manufacturing, when you change the requested ship date, you get a window asking: You can update the In House due date, What is the name of this window in modifer? I would like to modify this form, so the No button is disables, I want to make sure they always click 'yes' How do I find this form in modifer? the form name is just 'Microsoft GP Dynamics' thanks -- Doug ...

Symantec Gateway Security 360 with Win2000/Exchange Server
Exchange Server was not changed Windows 2000 Small Business Server was not changed New Cisco 1841 Router New Symantec Gateway Security 360. All outbound email is functioning properly except email sent to a few domains, ie: AOL. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: XXXXXXXXXX Sent: 2/17/07 12:06 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: xxxxxxxxxxxx@aol.com on 2/19/07 12:18 PM Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator. <servername.com #4.4.7> any ideas of how the SGS-360 needs ...

exchange 2003 +recepient update services
Hi i have this issue for months now. I have win2k AD network with exchange 2003. My pdc went down, but before it went down i managed to transfer all the FSO roles to my secondary domain controller successful. All seemed well, but then when i access exchage system manager to create a mailbox for a new user it gets up to 60% on the task but then throws up an error message of : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="unicode" ?> - <taskWizardRun taskName="Create Mailbox" dcName="DC2" buildNumber="6944" runningAs="Administrator@domain....

How to output file to remote server via Out-File -filepath
I am using Invoke-Sqlcmd from SQLPS to execute a stored proc, and want to output a log to a path on the remote server that I get earlier in my script. So first I get the path by querying a table, and capture it in a $Path variable: $Path=Invoke-Sqlcmd -Query "select value from MyTable where name = 'Path';" -Database MyDB -ServerInstance "$Servername" I then try to execute my stored proc, and put the output to the path I got earlier: Invoke-Sqlcmd -Query "EXEC MyStoredProc;" -QueryTimeout 65534 -Database MyDB -ServerInstance "$Serve...

XslTransform not excluding default namespace despite exclude-result-prefixes attribute?
I'm writing an xslt in vs.net 2003 and in order to get intellisense on the html content I added the default namespace declaration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5". However, even though I also have exclude-result-prefixes="#default" declared the default namespace is still outputted on the resulting document. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5" xmlns:...

Mail Delivery Locally Between Two Exchange servers Locally
Hi, 1) I have two Exchange servers hosting Exchange 2000, Exchange 2003 in the same subnet. 2) two domains are different from each other (DmainA.com.sg, DonainB.com.sg). 3) When these exchange servers send mails, it will go through the SMTP of its own. 4) when DomainA send mail to DomainB or viseversa it will go through the SMTP which results slow delivery of mail. Q:- 1) is there any way i can configure these servers to deliver mail to each other directly. 2) on Exchange 2000 any mail for DomainB must go through any conector,deliver directly or smar...

Decommission mail server
I currently have 2 E2K7 mailbox servers. I have 2 Cas/hub servers and one edge. I have moved all mailboxes to the newer mailbox server and have no public folders which I have created on either server. The Default Public Folder database is pointing to the newer mailbox server on all mail databases. I want to decommission the older mailserver and was wondering what steps need to be taken in regards to public folder databases. On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:00:02 -0700, Maav <marc@lrsddotnet.donotspam> wrote: >I currently have 2 E2K7 mailbox servers. I have 2 Cas/hub servers and o...

Where to download: SBS 2008 with Windows Server 2008 Service Pack
I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 referenced below for download there. http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.aspx Can someone please point me at where I can find this version available for download? Thanks ozinca wrote: > I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 > referenced below for download there. > > http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.a...

Faulting application name: iexplore.exe In Windows 2008 Server R2
I am not certain why I keep getting this exception message. In fact I get a pop up most each time I try to access or connect using IE. Did a bit of searching, and have not found a good fix for this yet. I am running a Windows Server 2008 64bit machine. I tried blaming it on IE add-ons, but now I am running in NO-ADDON mode with no add-ons but the problem persists.I would appreciate it if someone helped with with a fix for this on my server. ERRORS TYPES SO FAR ============================================= Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 8.0.7600.16385, tim...

Update Problems
I have encountered repeated problems when I try to update my accounts online. Initially, the updates failed about a week ago. I have since "stopped using online services" and then re-started the online services (re-entering my information for each account) in the "Manage Online Services" window. When I do that, I have only been able to successfully update the accounts in Money that initial time. Every subsequent update fails. To make this even more strange, I noticed that my accounts in the Money.msn page update when I click "Update Now" in Money, but ...

How can i null out a field going through CRM Update object
I have a custom field that i want to set back to null. Any ideas how i can do this through the object.update function? thanks ...

Cant see Default Public Folders on New 2003 Exchange
Hi We have recently installed a new W2003 Exchange 2003 server into our domain. The domain already had an Exchange 2000 server installed. The default public folders on the Exchange 2000 machine can be seen under ESM and by Outlook clients. We have created an additional new public folder store on the new 2003 server, however, the default Public folders on the new 2003 server cant be seen by mapi clients ie Outlook. Additionally any folder created under the Public Folder tree on the 2003 server under Folders does not appear under the First Storage Group > Public Folder Store > Public Fol...

is it possible to host multiple CRM databases on 1 SQL server?
Hi, Is it possible to host two separate (on premise) CRM server databases on one SQL server? I am trying to achieve the above scenario, but there can only be one MSCRM_config database on any one instance of the SQL server. The Implementation guide isn't too clear about what to do in this situation. - Can two CRM databases share the same MSCRM_config file? - Do I need to install another instance of SQL server for the second CRM database? Or is there another solution? Thanks Depends on your CRM installation. If you are running the Enterprise version, then you can add a new org...

Moving Exchange DB's to a new server (different name)
In a DR test, we moved SG's to a new server, different server name, same SG and MS name. MS mounts, can not connect to mailbox. Delete mailbox, create a new one, we can then connect. Delete this mailbox, reconnect to the original, and now we can connect. How can we accomplish this in bulk? In other words, after doing a system state restore of AD, then a system state of Exchange, restored MS file, mounted, etc. We were unable to connect to these mailboxes. I am assuming this is related to GUID's. Any thoughts? Users in AD specify a server by name. When you say that you move mailbo...

How do I make a column be my default column in Access
I need to make my desricption field my default field. How do I do that? Right not it defaults to my items field. me.controlname.setfocus or in macro GoToControl "controlname" Bonnie http://www.dataplus-svc.com michelle wrote: >I need to make my desricption field my default field. How do I do that? Right >not it defaults to my items field. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200912/1 Or, if you don't want to use events, simply set your tab order from the form design view. -- Frank H R...

Outlook 2003 can not connect to Exchange 2003 server through VPN
Hi, We have a Exchange 2003 server running on windows 2000 server. Everything is working fine (Outlook client, OWA) for LAN. The server has two NIC, one connect to LAN, another one connect to firewall with different subnet. I can ping both NIC after I established VPN connection from outside internet, also can open OWA using both NIC ip address. I updated "hosts" file on remote computer for the exchange server name and ip address translation. But, When I setup exchange server in outlook 2003 on the remote computer, type in the exchange server name and user name(User account is al...

Exchange 2003 server outgoing mail queue clogging DSL Line
Hello everyone - I've searched high and low, and can't seem to find a good solution to this problem: I'm a network administrator and support several small business, many of which are about 20 users. We usually have only one SBS Server. The problem that I have is that once in a while I'll get a user on the network who abuses the system and mass mails people (about 20 at a time for example) an e-mail with a large attachment (Like 10 MB for example). Typically my clients are on a business class DSL line which is 256 Mbps up / 4 Mbps down. When I catch these servers with many m...

Updates not installed
KB976884, KB976416, and KB977304 have failed numerous times. Why? Is there a specific reason? What can I do? Cherry wrote: > KB976884, KB976416, and KB977304 have failed numerous times. Why? > Is there a specific reason? What can I do? So you have Microsoft Works and Microsoft Office 2007 installed? Or just Microsoft Works and some 'viewers' for Microsoft Office 2007? Or had Works installed but installed Office 2007 and did not fully remove Works? Or just Outlook 2007 and InfoPath 2007 and Microsoft Works? Have you tried downloading the patches manually and ...

Multiple CRM Servers with Multiple Exchange Servers
I've read several places that you can't have multiple CRM servers in a single domain work properly b/c the Exchange Router will only work with one Exchange server. What if you have multiple Exchange servers? Can you use say CRM Server 1 with Exchange Server 1 and CRM Server 2 with Exchange Server 2? yes this should work as each exchange server will also have a microsoft crm exchange connector on it which will only communicate with one crm web server "TG" <TG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E82D2C8B-CA11-4B66-BF28-083CF98E49A2@microsoft.com......

Exchange 2k3 backup
Finally decided to really learn Exchange... someone else migrated the Exchange server from SBS to Exchange Enterprise 2k3... I've never really rolled up my sleeves in learning it in-depth so I've decided to set up a new server and install the Exchange 2k3 as a backup. Since I'm a relatively newbie to Exchange, can someone point me in the right direction to follow so that I can duplicate our live Exchange server onto a backup box? Any pitfalls to watch out for? Thanks, R Green your only options for a "backup" box are to use some version of clustering, or to use a 3r...

Saving emails on the server for 2 computers
We have two computers connected with a router and both have Windows XP home edition on them. Now my desktop I use Outlook Express for emails and I have it set up to save messages on the server until I delete same. That way I can receive emails on both computers. On the laptop I use Microsoft outlook for emails and if I go in and read the emails they automatically delete them from my server and I cannot retrieve them on my desktop in Outlook Express. So. I have tried going into Microsoft outlook on the laptop and gone into, tools, account settings, data files and then I'm lost on ...

lost all emails, computer went back to default...help
i turned on my computer one morning and it was back to factory settings. had to redo my outlook account and lost all emails. is there a way to recover them? On 13/03/2010 01:20, stephanieann wrote: > i turned on my computer one morning and it was back to factory settings. had > to redo my outlook account and lost all emails. > > is there a way to recover them? Do a search for *.pst files. On 3/12/2010 5:20 PM, stephanieann wrote: > i turned on my computer one morning and it was back to factory settings. had > to redo my outlook account and lost all emai...