Convert String Output to Number

I am trying to calculate the a average number number and I get the following
error

[rsAggregateOfNonNumericData] The Value expression for the textbox
‘textbox20’ uses a numeric aggregate function on data that is not numeric.
Numeric aggregate functions (Sum, Avg, StDev, Var, StDevP, and VarP) can only
aggregate numeric data.

The expression I am using is

=IIF(IsNothing(Fields!DaysOpen.Value),0,AVG(Fields!DaysOpen.Value))

The expression for the fiel days open is
=IIF(IsNothing(Fields!UDReportDateClose.Value),0, Fields!DaysOpen.Value)

Try this....addint CINT

IIF(IsNothing(cint(Fields!DaysOpen.Value)),0,AVG(cint(Fields!DaysOpen.Value)))

"ahmed" <ahmed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to calculate the a average number number and I get the
>following
> error
>
> [rsAggregateOfNonNumericData] The Value expression for the textbox
> 'textbox20' uses a numeric aggregate function on data that is not numeric.
> Numeric aggregate functions (Sum, Avg, StDev, Var, StDevP, and VarP) can
> only
> aggregate numeric data.
>
> The expression I am using is
>
> =IIF(IsNothing(Fields!DaysOpen.Value),0,AVG(Fields!DaysOpen.Value))
>
> The expression for the fiel days open is
> =IIF(IsNothing(Fields!UDReportDateClose.Value),0, Fields!DaysOpen.Value)

0
Ben

Auto calc YTD Numbers
Cells A1:L1 equal "Jan" thru "Dec". M1 equals "YTD". Cells A2:L2 equal numeric values. If you haven't guessed it already, I would like M2 to sum all the values A2:L2 for those months previous and including the current month (but not future months). What is the best way for going about this Here are 2 ways =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,,,,MATCH(TEXT(TODAY(),"mmm"),$A$1:$L$1,0))) or =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,,,,MONTH(TODAY()))) hopefully your computer's clock is accurate -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjo...

Incorrect number of unread messages in Outlook Express
I've seen this problem listed in several places, but have yet to find a satisfactory answer. Here's my sitation: I have a computer that shows an incorrect number of unread messages in the Outlook Express Inbox whenever it downloads messages. Sometimes it's only 1 more than the number it downloaded, sometimes more. I'm not subscribed to any newsgroups, nor do I have any rules or mail filters enabled, including junk mail filters. We've had this problem through two different IMAP accounts, two different ISPs, two different email addresses, and on two different Windows use...

Project Number Changer
Some of our clients would love to see an addition to the Professional Services Tools Library to modify project numbers in project accounting. One of our clients uses this to track organizational projects and whenever there is a department re-org, they would like to merely renumber or rename the existing projects to accomodate. Jen, I wholeheartedly agree!! Our company has 1,500+ ongoing projects for journals where the names of the journals can change over time. We would like to be able to change the Project ID and Contract ID so the acronyms used in the ID's are intuitively rala...

Multiple Numbers on ONE Label
I have several thousand labels I need to print. I would like to put up to 4 part numbers on each label (Avery 5164). These labels will placed on boxes that hold product. Some labels may only get 2 or 3 part numbers per label depending on size of the part. My part numbers are classified as S,M,L. Can this be done? Example... ABC123 - small ABC234 - large (max 2 numbers per label) ABC345 - small ABC456 - med (max 3 numbers per label) BCD123 - small BCD234 See: Print a Quantity of a Label at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-39.html The article assumes you have a Q...

Copying autonumbered paragraphs and retaining original numbers
I need to copy numbered paragraphs from multiple documents. The paragraphs are inconsistent and may be numbered using text, MS Word multi-level list styles or listnum fields. I can search the documents, find the needed paragraphs and copy them to a new document, but when I do, the numbering resets according to the destination document's contents. How do I retain the source document's numbering in the destination document so the reader can determine where in the source document the paragraph came from? Can I convert all the numbering to text before pasting without affe...

Converts from MSCRM to SugarCRM.com ?
Anyone have experience converting to the SugarCRM application from MSCRM? :-) if you really want to move from Microsoft CRM to Sugar CRM microsoft have at least given you many options for getting data out of CRM but so far nobody has mentioned doing this. Perhaps they are all happy with Microsoft CRM? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Jake Horn" <jhorn_remove_@mscrmexperts_nospam.com> wrote in message news:uq$G%23DkKFHA.1176@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > You probably won't get any replies... > > "-->AL" <al@munce.c...

string fields in smartlist to be able to searched by number
Current functionality in Greatplains 8 only allows the user to search on a string field however when the results are returned the data included irrelevant data and not that specified in the search. Example Item number search between 1000 and 2000 Results of search on item number 1000, 100086, 100098, 2000 the results should only return 1000 and 2000. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, fo...

row number
hi, i would like know how to return a row number or cell number thru macro. i read some other posts that had this issue, but i could not understan much. so i would be thankful if someone helped me with this. thanks, mac -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Mac Sure. Which row number did you have in mind ? For the active cell it's Activecell.Row and Activecell.Column. Best wishes Harald "icestationzbra >" <<icestationzbra.17yhgt@excelforum-nospam.com> skrev i melding news:icestationzbra.17yhgt@excelforum-nospam.com... > hi, > > i wou...

Can I use an industry standard XSD and ADO.NET / SQLServer to output a conforming XML file
We have tentatively agreed with a supplier to exchange order information. The plan is to use an 'industry standard' order schema definition from say www.xcbl.org. Is there are simple way to use ADO.NET in this scenario. Ideally (naively) I would like to do something along these lines : 1. Create a SQLServer stored proc that returns a dataset (or similar) containing the order details such as : select PurchaseOrderID,ProductID,Qty from PurchaseOrder join PurchaseOrderItem...... 2. In a COM+ object (not entirely relevant to the problem, but this is how it will work), I would expe...

100% stacked column chart with negative numbers
How do you create a 100% stacked column chart with negative numbers? After I create the chart it only goes up to 80% How do you want it to show? The total length (including negative amount) of the column should equal 100%. (make sure you haven't limited the scale of your y-axis) What the graph is showing you is that the positive numbers do not account for 100% of your data. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Stuck" wrote: > How do you create a 100% stacked column chart with negative numbers? After I > create th...

converting line-delimited text into cells
I have a text file with approximately 1000 lines of data, each line is 100 chars or less. The first 15 lines are column headers (some columns are unused), then every 12 subsequent lines is one record. What is the easiest way to get each record to appear in Excel (2007) on a single line, one field per column? Thank you If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line 3. You send a clear explanation of what you want ...

Converting Leads to Contacts Duplicate errors
We cannot convert leads to contacts and are getting duplicate errors. There are no duplicates. We are running 4.0 rollup 11. And we get this error everytime we try on CRM server: Event Type: Warning Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Event Category: Web Event Event ID: 1309 Date: 8/3/2010 Time: 2:35:01 PM User: N/A Computer: CRM-APP Description: Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 8/3/2010 2:35:01 PM Event time (UTC): 8/3/2010 7:35:01 PM Event ID: 19b210ef795f42129b2af3d7b447c2bc Event sequence: 157 Event occurrence: 1 Event detail code: 0 Applic...

Changing Text to Number Problem.
I have a problem when importing information into an Excel spreadsheet. We have a system at work that has a front end Web based application (asp) that accesses an SQL database. Not all of the software is written yet, so to sort/filter data I have to copy lists of information from the Web based application to an Excel spreadsheet. Much of the information that I import (copy and paste) into the spreadsheet are hyperlinks to other information in the SQL database. To get rid of the hyperlinks once I have the list copied to my spreadsheet, I (copy and paste special, values only) the information on...

Loosing schema information while converting DataSet to XML
Hello, I have a Client/Server system based on a single generic communication method using XML (as done in MS Project-Server or SharePoint-WebServices). To transfer DataSets I'am using XmlDataDocument. This works fine. However the created XmlDataDocument does not contain schema information, i.e. the datatypes of the columns in the dataset-tables are lost. Is there any way to include the shema info? (I cannot use dataSet.WriteXml because I don't need a file or stream, I need a XmlDocument!) Thank you Wolfgang Code fragment: // Create dataset or get it from database DataSet data...

Stacking data to show same number but different colors
I am needing to show two sets of data on a stacked bar that will reflect the total of the denominator. Example. I have 13 cases out of which 1 has a complication. I want the total on the bar to only reflect 13 but the coloring of the bars show both data points (13 and 1). Can this be done? Your stack total must be 13, so your differently formatted stacks have to be 12 and 1. Alternatively you could plot 13 and 1 as clustered columns, and set the overlap to 100. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ wiggy wrote: > I am needing to sh...

Quicken Convert #8
Downloaded Money05 trial. Validated 10 MB quicken file. Followed instructions in Money for conversion, hung-up computer, twice. Reduced size of quicken file to 5 MB. Now receive following error message: ------------------------------------------------------------ Your Quicken file could not be converted. Money could not convert your Quicken file. You might have run out of disk space or system memory. Try closing other programs and making sure the disk you are copying your file to has enough space. Then try converting the file again. --------------------------------------------------------...

Rounding numbers in sales receipts.
Hi there, I'm trying to modify a sales receipt so it translate a discount in $ to a discount in %, but I get numbers like this (-3.33333333333%). I need it to looks like currency but without the $ sign like this (-3.33%). Does anyone knows how to do it? Thanks, Julien ------=_NextPart_0001_207C0F12 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning Julien, Thank you for posting your discount question. I am not sure what you are trying to calculate; but I would recommend that you take a look at the available receipt variables: Transaction.DiscountPercent...

Numbering bugs when saving Word 2007 as Word 97-2003
Using both Word 2003 and Word 2007 on Windows XP OS Okay, I've been dealing with this problem for awhile now. but it causes a lot of extra work. Half our staff use Word 2003 (home workers) and the other half have upgraded to Word 2007. I use both Word 2003 (telecommuting) and Word 2007 (office) and I do the finalizing of these files here. We share large-document files among us, so we save the files as Word 97-2003 so everyone can access. This results in numbering getting completely out of whack after you save it and reopne. Also the heading formatting is lost sometimes (b...

Changing Numbers to Text in a query
Hello, I have a number in a query that i need to change to text because my data, i.e. 555767 is being returned as 555,767 and i do not want it to contain a comma. Any ideas? Thank you! MN Perhaps you only need to change the "display" of the number, not the data type...? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "MacNut2004" <MacNut2004@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF49F175-9640-4B44-961C-4A8EC6D5E4BB@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I have a number in a query that i need to change to text because my data, > i.e. 555767 is b...

string.Replace((char)146, (char)39) does not work?
Can anyone tell me why this code doesn't work? // Key = Char to find, Value = Char to replace. Hashtable specialChars = new Hashtable(); specialChars.Add((char)146, (char)39); foreach (DictionaryEntry entry in specialChars) { this.label.Text = this.label.Text.Replace(Convert.ToChar(entry.Key), Convert.ToChar(entry.Value)); } mohaaron wrote: > Can anyone tell me why this code doesn't work? Because C# strings are UTF-16, not some random extended ASCII encoding you've chosen to use. Hint: if you are casting numeric literals to System.Char, your code is pro...

Can I show a number like 1,935,674,923 as 1.9B?
I would like to reformat 10- and 11-digit the numbers (e.g. like 1,935,674,923 as 1.9B). Can this be done? Custom format: 0.0,,,"B" best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:262241F3-063E-4F97-B864-A629EC670112@microsoft.com... > I would like to reformat 10- and 11-digit the numbers (e.g. like > 1,935,674,923 as 1.9B). Can this be done? Dave, Use a custom format of #.#,,,"B" or 0.0,,,"B" depending on ho...

Page number on screen
?How do I remove the page number that shows up in the back ground on my computer screen (but not the print out)? Hi goto 'View - Normal' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "aedj73" <aedj73@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5CA8F636-7739-4E23-B5D0-A6FD39FC29EA@microsoft.com... > ?How do I remove the page number that shows up in the back ground on my > computer screen (but not the print out)? ...

Delete accounts numbers ftom the chart of accounts
I would like to know how to delete or reset my accounts number in the chart of accounts in once in Microsoft Accounting profesional 2008 MA, this is a GP forum. You might want to try a MAP forum. Good luck, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com ...

Number format #4
Hi, How can I keep numbers like "2:3" (no quotes) to stay like that literally, without being set as hour format or without being divided between them? Thanks, -- Guillermo Brachetta Harpsichordist - Music Editor www.brachetta.com Preformat cells as text or precede entry with an apostrophe ' Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Guille" wrote: > Hi, > > How can I keep numbers like "2:3" (no quotes) to stay like that literally, > without being set as hour format or without being divided between them? > > Thanks, > > -- > Guillermo B...

Reversing the sign of a number
Is there a way to reverse the sign of a number or series of numbers. Thanks, Craig You can put -1 in an empty cell, copy it, select the numbers you want to "reverse" and do edit>paste special and select multiply -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Craig" <jcstone1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:gLOdnU3pLvcrlozfRVn-oQ@comcast.com... > Is there a way to reverse the sign of a number or series of numbers. > > Thanks, > > Craig > > ...