Changing size of parameter fields?

Hi,

Using reporting services from SQL 2005 Server.  I have a report that uses a
multi-value parameter that pulls data from a data set and when I run the
report it displays it in a nice little dropdown box.  Problem is that some
of the names in the dropdown list are longer than the list displays.  Is it
possible to change the dimensions on the dropdown list itself?  I'd just
like to make it wider, any ideas how I can do that?

Thanks in advance,
Linn

0
Linn

How to insert document property into excel field
Hi - quick (and possibly stupid) question: I cannot for the life of me figure out how to insert a document property (e.g., Author, Title etc) into an excel spreadsheet. In word I'd do this by clicking on Insert->Field, but there appears to be no correlation in Excel. Is it possible to do this? If so, can anyone enlighten me? Thanks in advance aMc vrth4hqlr4l001 at sneakemail dot com Check out at file-properties. >-----Original Message----- >Hi - quick (and possibly stupid) question: > >I cannot for the life of me figure out how to insert a document property >(e...

Populating Quote Product Fields
Hi all, can anyome tell me how to get more fields to copy automatically from Products to Quote Products ? For example, when we add a product (Existing) to a quote and save it, the List Price and Volume discount is transferred automatically, but we need the Description and other pricing fileds (such as current cost) to transfer at the same time. Thanks Ian ...

Change part of data within a cell.
Hello, I have a long list of data in the format: a-bb-ccc-yyy-zz Where all letters are numbers, i.e: 1-01-100-200-00 1-01-100-200-01 1-01-100-230-00 1-01-100-230-01 1-01-100-230-02 1-01-100-230-03 1-01-100-230-04 1-01-100-230-05 1-01-100-230-06 1-01-100-230-07 1-01-100-230-08 1-01-100-230-09 1-01-100-230-10 1-01-100-230-11 1-01-100-230-12 1-01-100-230-13 .... and so on. The cell fields are all formatted as general. I cant really change this, as the final output will be save as a .csv and then...

Question about composing mail and the address field
Using Outlook 2002 on a WinXP system. When I compose a new email and type the first few letters of a contact's name, sometimes Outlook fills in the name. Other times it doesn't. Is Outlook looking for an exclusive match? For example, I have two contacts with the first name Brent in my address book. Typing Brent doesn't accomplish anything. Some mailers give you a drop down menu of Brents to choose from Is there a way to get Outlook to do this? Thanks. ...

Fields in Word
Here is a block of text for each $ amount I want (without using VBA) to create a reference (like you can name cells in Excel). And since this is repeated three times in the Word document I would like the other instances of the number to automatically be filled in. I am thinking it's a FIELD thing. Just can't figure it out. Thanks. EXAMPLE We have a significant amount of indebtedness. On December 31, 2009, we had aggregate indebtedness of approximately $11.2 million of which $1.9 million, including current maturities of $10.6 million, represents obligations of ...

Formula changes when adding rows
I have two separate spreadsheets that use an identical formula....However in one file when I enter an additional row all of the call references in the formula change change (even those above where I have entered the row). In the other file when I enter an additional row the formulas are maintained.... The formula I use is : =3DINDIRECT("'"&$B$4&"'!"&CELL("=ADAddress",K$108)) However, even if I enter a line 20 or 30 rows below it will always change to: =3DINDIRECT("'"&$B$4&"'!"&CELL("=ADAddr...

How do I change my email server address to outlook?
I currently can not receive any incoming emails to outlook. They are going directly to the cable compnay provider. So what is the email server address I use for outlook? Check with your ISP - they normally will provide the incoming/outgoing email server addresses required for Outlook, as well as any authentication requirements. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Laura D. asked:...

Change the background color of check box
Hi I am trying to change the background color of a check box . Since check box is a button ,Is that I need to call Draw Item. I tried calling but failed . Pls tell me the exact place to do so. Thanks Bhargavi Since it is a CButton, you will need to owner draw it(I guess you are doing that). Here is the sample: http://www.codeproject.com/buttonctrl/CCheckSK.asp --- Ajay Bhargs wrote: > Hi > I am trying to change the background color of a check box . > Since check box is a button ,Is that I need to call Draw Item. > I tried calling but failed . > Pls tell me the exact place ...

PivotTable
In my PivotTables, if I uncheck a data field then it is removed from the drop down list. Is there any way to prevent this from happening, so it acts like the column and row drop down lists? No, there isn't any setting that you can change, to prevent this from happening. Jeff K wrote: > In my PivotTables, if I uncheck a data field then it is removed from the drop > down list. Is there any way to prevent this from happening, so it acts like > the column and row drop down lists? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Problem compacting or converting mdbs after changing from novel to
I am having a very strange issue while converting access 2000 db to access 2007 on a network drive after our company changed from novel to AD. When I run the compact a database.mdb file is created and the compact does not work. I understand that access creates this mdb then deletes the old and renames the database.mdb to the correct name. My issue is that I am not sure what permissions I needs to complete this. The only permissions I do not have are Full control, Change permissions and take ownership. This is really confusing me. thanks For testing, get Full control of the folder hold...

VBA to Change Font in title
As this is related to charts, I thought I'd post it here instead of in the programming thread. I want to dynamically define the title for a chart. I'd like to have what I'm calling a Level1 title and a Level 2 title in a named range. When I recorded a macro, this is what I got: ActiveChart.ChartTitle.Select Selection.Characters.Text = "Level 1 Title" & Chr(10) & "Level 2 Title" Basically, I want to use a named range for "Level 1 Title" and another named range for "Level 2 title". How do I get the title to be...

Outlook folder size does not match exchange
Hello, I have a couple of users that cannot send email due to exceeding their storage limits. Exchange server and outlook folder sizes do not match, outlook show users under the limit and exchange shows users over the limit. No personal folders are being used by either users. Exchange 2003 SP2 on a W2k3 server Outlook 2003 (both cached and non cached modes show the same size) Cleanup agent is scheduled to run every night and works. How can I fix that problem? Thank you in advance. Hi James, Did you check the size of the deleted items? This folder counts toward the total, but wou...

Changing pop server automatically in VBScript
Hi, I need to do a programm in VBScript that change automatically the name of all the pop servers of all account in Microsoft Outlook 2003. How can I do ? Thank you for your help. Hi there If I was going to do this I'd start with customising a PRF file - see http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2003/HA011403051033.aspx. -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "gcharhon@sentinelbox.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I need to do a programm in VBScript that change automatically the name > of all the pop servers of all account in Microsoft Outlook 2003. > > H...

Change source data in a pivot chart
Hi All I have a stack of pivot tables each with a pivot chart. I now need to move the location ot the Pivot tables which is the source data to the charts. But in Chart=>Source data.. is dimmed out and i can't find a way of changing the pivot chart's pivot table location. Any suggestions?? TIA jpohnb Did you try moving the pivot table to see what would happen? I just did a quick test with a pivot table and standalone chart. I cut the pivot table and copied it to a different sheet, and the pivot chart knew where the pivot table ended up. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft...

Color Changes
Have inserted company logo in publisher file. It is in eps format and looks/prints fine from illustrator but will not look/print in the right color from publisher? Can I fix this? Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from Becky N <becky@markardesign.com> > Have inserted company logo in publisher file. It is in > eps format and looks/prints fine from illustrator but > will not look/print in the right color from publisher? Make sure you are using a PostScript printer (or using a PDF file as an intermediary) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Micr...

MSCRMDistribution database size
Hi All, What has been everyone's experience regarding the size of the MSCRMDistribution database ? We are typically seeing it at about 3X the MSCRM database. -- Gary Gauvin Gauvin Technologies Inc. http://www.gauvintech.com Aside from the log file which clears up depending on your backup option. the main MSCRMDistribution database should be less than your MSCRM database. Consult with Microsoft eSupport to resolve. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. >> Other Microsoft CRM Online Forum Resources: http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm >-----Original Message----- >Hi All, >Wh...

avoid spam
So, to avoid spam, how does changing email address help? No matter what email I have, I want people (whom I choose) to contact me. So, if I keep changing my email, how will people know where to contact me? OR, did you mean (when "you" told me to change email addresses -- see "virus UGH!") to use a different email address when writing to these help/user boards? Thanks in advance for anyone's ideas on this "how to avoid 250 spams a day!" Yep, use fake addresses whenever you don't have to use a real one. Use a separate box if you need to post a valid acc...

from field upload file problem
www.icingpictures.co.uk win xp FP 2003 online order form url http://www.icingpictures.co.uk/online_order_form.htm Problems with online order form - upload files form field Everything on form works fine 100% except one aspect. Maximum file size it can upload. I can successfully upload up to 8 files simultaneously using the from providing the file sizes are small (under 2MB). If I try and upload either one file or a number of files and the combined size is around 2MB plus – I get a user name and password prompt – obviously customers using the form would not know this and th...

Changing the Product Key
I just bought a used Mac running OS X and it has a copy of Office X on=20 it already. I would like to replace the old Product key with my own=20 Product key. I tried reinstalling but it must not overwrite everthing. = Is=20 there a file I need to seek out and change or throw away? Steve Randa <sranda@jajostudio.com> wrote: Hi Steve, > I just bought a used Mac running OS X and it has a copy of Office X on > it already. I would like to replace the old Product key with my own > Product key. I tried reinstalling but it must not overwrite everthing. Is > there a file I...

Two field Index
I have a table that has two fields, CusID (text) & PurchaseDate (date), I would like to use for searching. I am getting security errors on the Seek, so I seem to be forced to use Find… which can only handle a single field not two. Also, I am getting a type mismatch on trying to build the index since I am attempting to combine a text and date field. I realize I can do a SQL on the CusID, then a Find!PurchaseDate on the date. This is just taking much longer and is more combursome than if I could just do a Seek CusID & PurchaseDate. Can I create a two field index on them and t...

Custom fields from Leads promoting to Accounts
Is there any way to get custom fields from a lead moved into (identically named) custom fields when you promote the lead to an account? Yes. You can add these fields to the mapping between Lead and Account in Deployment Manager's Schema Manager utility. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:52:40 -0600, "BradC" <bradcorbin@yahoo.com> wrote: Is there any way to get custom fields from a lead moved into (identically named) custom fields when you promote the lead to an acc...

SOP drop ship should let me change the PO shiping method
When Creating a SOP Drop ship item, you cannot change the Purchase order Shipping method for the Line item. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cd341f7c-21d0-46...

Copying old newsletter woes re document size
Hi all. Just discovered this newsgroup today, so figured I'd bounce my question by y'all. I'm editor for my local Harley Owners Group & use MS Publisher 2000 to produce the newsletter. I like to include photos, where possible, to liven it up & get folks in the Chapter to read it (my predecessor's were a bit on the bland side). I tried using Publisher 2003 for a while, but there was an issue with clipart disappearing from the screen & positioning being screwed up & so on, so I reverted back to 2000. My issue is this. One a month I've created a newslette...

Disabling certain fields for certain users, without FIeld level security
Hi, Is there a way to disable certain feilds from both the Great Plains transaction and inquiry windows and even from the smartlist, without using Field level security Thanks in advance Sajid Saeed Field Level Security uses Dexterity triggers to hide or disable fields. You can achieve similar results using VBA or Dexterity customisations. The advantage of Field Level Security is that it has an interface to be able to select the users for which the security is to be applied. As a customisation you will either need to create an interface or hard code by User ID or User Class. David ...

Window Size
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC How can I stop a file opening at the full screen size when it was previously saved scaled down to the size I want it? In vX, my windows used to open in the same position and at the same size in which they were saved. On 7/12/09 7:54 AM, in article 59b77fcf.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Fingers@officeformac.com" <Fingers@officeformac.com> wrote: > How can I stop a file opening at the full screen size when it was previously > saved scaled down to the size I want it? In vX, my windows used to open ...