65000 Row Limitation from Access to Excel

This question has been asked a couple times, but the answer seems to be unclear so I will ask again.

I have query results in Access that I would like to work with in Excel - I like Excel pivot tables better than Access pivot tables.  If I highlight the 287K line Access table, right click on copy, then paste into the 1 million plus row spreadsheet capacity in Excel, it only pastes 65,000 lines. Exports from Access to the million row plus spreadsheet work similarly only exporting 65,000 lines of the much larger table. I can successfully export the data from Access to a text file, then import the text file to Excel and retain all 287K lines, but it would seem the two (Access and Excel) should be able to play together a little more nicely.  It is as if Access does not recognize Excels upgraded abilities.

Is there a better way (more automated) of getting more than 65,000 lines from an Access database to a Excel 2007 million row plus spreadsheet?

Test-Driven Development in Microsoft .NET
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a20c307c-a1d6-4733-9de0-a14465096ab0/testdriven-development-i.aspx
0
Martha

You could try linking the Excel sheet as an Access table and using an append
query. I haven't tested, but it sounds like either Access or the Excel
driver are assuming an older Excel version that only supports 64K rows.

"Martha Matthews" wrote in message
> This question has been asked a couple times, but the answer seems to be
> unclear so I will ask again.
>
> I have query results in Access that I would like to work with in Excel - I
> like Excel pivot tables better than Access pivot tables.  If I highlight
> the 287K line Access table, right click on copy, then paste into the 1
> million plus row spreadsheet capacity in Excel, it only pastes 65,000
> lines. Exports from Access to the million row plus spreadsheet work
> similarly only exporting 65,000 lines of the much larger table. I can
> successfully export the data from Access to a text file, then import the
> text file to Excel and retain all 287K lines, but it would seem the two
> (Access and Excel) should be able to play together a little more nicely.
> It is as if Access does not recognize Excels upgraded abilities.
>
> Is there a better way (more automated) of getting more than 65,000 lines
> from an Access database to a Excel 2007 million row plus spreadsheet?

0
Paul

Excel pivottable with OLAP cubes saves names, not keys
hi, Is there a way to let the Excel XP pivottables/OLAP cubes reports save the member keys, not meber names? The members disapperas in the reports when the names are updated i the dim-table, and this is a problem. All my Analysis Services dimension levels got keys unique and names not unique. I can't set the dim-property keys unique, because they are not. This is the report info (from Frontpage/OWC, cant find it in Excel): <x:IncludedMember> <x:Name>0000 ABCDEFGH</x:Name> <x:UniqueName>[MyDim].[All MyDim].[0000 A...

Excel Maximized Larger than Screen?
I was on a PC yesterday where Excel Maximized was larger than the PC Screen ... very annoying ... What is the setup required to set Excel Maximized to PC Screen Size ... As always ... My many Thanks to those of you that support this board ... Kha ... Do you mean excel or a workbook within excel? If you meant excel, then I'm gonna guess (and it's just a guess) that either windows got confused (or you changed the display properties for your windows setting 1024x768 type of thing). I'd resize it and see if that fixed the problem. If it did, I'd chalk it up to one time thin...

How to export policies to excel
Hello All, Our organization has an in-house security tool that generates a text file with lists of policies and violations. A VB script reads that text file and populates certain cells on an excel file. There is one column for each db and one row for each policy. All are SQL 2000 and 2005 version. New policies are not covered by the tool. So it needs to be tool+manual scrips, or PBM, maybe? I wonder if it can be done through Policy Based Management. I am not sure how easy to generate a similar excel file out of SQL Server policies. Has anyone used Powershell and/or Report...

merge limitations
Last year in merging cells from an Excel to a document, Publisher 2000 had a limitation of 256 characters (including blanks, punctuation and special characters) per cell. Is this still true for Publisher 2003? Sure is and probably will not change. -- I have been able to create a column of cells in Excel next to the one to be merged that will tell me the size (length) of the information in the cells so that I don't exceed the limitation. For the curious: =LEN(A1) Entered and drug it down the 1,200 entries and found two that would exceed the limitation. >-----Original Mes...

Increasing the Exchange sp2 storage limit
As we all know by now sp2 for Exch2k3 increases the storage limit to 18GB and can be increased to as much as 75GB for the standard edition. Is this a valid modification supported by Microsoft or is it a registry hack? My concern is the release of an Windows update that would nullify the storage increase. Read the Release Notes for SP2, it's a valid modification but you need to insert a registry value to bump it from SP2's default to any size up to 75 Gb. (Some orgs may not want the store to get to that size, so being able to control it is a good thing, imo). -- Bharat Suneja M...

is there anyway to access funcion written in c by vc++
hi Is this is possible to access ,a function written in C by VC++. Arbind >Is this is possible to access ,a function written in C by VC++. Yes. I suspect you need to know about using extern "C" to tell the compiler that your function is 'C' rather than C++. For example: extern "C" int MyFn( int p1 ); You often use it like this: extern "C" { #include "Your_C_Header.g" } Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq >#include "Your_C_Header.g" or even #include "Your_C_Header.h" who put that g key in the wa...

Excel sheet not visible
When I open a local copy all I can see is the content of 1 cell in the menu bar, the work area is all blank gray. I can see the complete sheet (3 Pages) in print preview. Most users have no problem with this sheet. I have repaired the installation of Office 2000 and ran all updates, Same problem. It is something on the local PC that is causing this effect. Other sheets show up just fine. This is a very simple spred sheet with no formulas. Maybe it's just off the screen. Window|Arrange|Tiled (and then resize it the way you want) New group user 944 wrote: > > When I open a l...

Accessing MIcrosoft Outlook
Yesterday, when I tried to access Outlook in my home pC, I received the following message: Cannot open MIcrosoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file C:|Users \jillandgordon\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this? Masny thanks, Gordon in TX Try this first http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287497/ "Gordon McDougall" <braidwoodboy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d0e17ac8-0215-431c-971f-bd862b58a245@y17g2000yqd....

Trouble doing a formula for excel
Hi All I have a spreadsheet with the following A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so I have try mid,right,left i can't seem to do it Cheers "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53AAB904-8595-499F-BF38-8BE00826101C@microsoft.com... > Hi All > > I have a spreadsheet with the following > A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv > > I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so > I have try mid,right,left i can't see...

I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why?
I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why? It keeps saying "incorrect function" khaganman <khaganman@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why? It keeps > saying "incorrect function" Is the D: drive your CD drive? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Accessing my information offline
I have updated my Outlook to 2002 on my notebook computer and when it is connected on the Lan at my office(new ethernet connection) I can see my calendar, addressbook, e- mails etc. However, when I disconnect and bring my notebook home, and try to access calendar, etc, it says I must sychronize while I am still connected to the Lan. My previous version of outlook didn't have this problem. I synched it on the Lan and it worked. This one won't. Any ideas???? How do you have your folders marked for Offline use under tools->Send/Receive settings? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlo...

EXCEL caused an IPF in module OLEAUT32.DLL
I'm using Microsoft Office 2000 Professional on Win98-SE, I suddenly began getting the error message: EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in module OLEAUT32.DLL at 0187:653aac21. Registers: EAX=000047e9 CS=0187 EIP=653aac21 EFLGS=00010282 EBX=0040fd9c SS=018f ESP=0062b54c EBP=0062b5bc ECX=65350218 DS=018f ESI=00000000 FS=0f57 EDX=00000000 ES=018f EDI=00000001 GS=0000 I tried re-installing EXCEL but that didn't work. I changed the Oleaut32.dll with an older version and that also didn't work. I ran Office Setup and chose to run EXCEL from the CD and it went smooth without problems. ...

Excel 2000 vs. Excel 2002

Customizing Excel's Border Defaults
I'm working with Excel 2000 and use Borders frequently. The preset default border is a thin line, yet I prefer and always change it to the thick line. How can I change the Excel default to the thick line rather than the thin line? I know it's a small problem, but it's driving me crazy changing it all the time. In WORD, I know how to easily "add style default to template", but can't figure it out in Excel. Any help is greatly appreciated! ...

conditional formatting in excel #3