Wpf - path data question

I have a couple instances where I am using a set of data to define a window
for testing purposes but I can't seem to find any place that really explains
it.

            <Path Fill="#80D0E0FF" Stroke="Red" StrokeThickness="3"
HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center"
              Data="M79,3L65,82 17,91 50,138 96,157 104,192 175,154 190,167
218,78 156,76 157,9 111,39z"/>

In the Data attribute, I am trying to figure out what that means with the
M's, Ls and z's.

I have seen this shown but never really explained.

I think L means line but am not sure or how it uses the numbers.

Anyone know where I can find this?

Thanks,

Tom

0
tshad

Actually this is a SQL newsgroup, but here's your answer:

M = Moveto (absolute location)
L = Line
z = Close

Here's a reference: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms752293.aspx

--
Thanks

Michael Coles
SQL Server MVP
Author, "Expert SQL Server 2008 Encryption"
(http://www.apress.com/book/view/1430224649)
----------------

"tshad" <tfs@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
>I have a couple instances where I am using a set of data to define a window
>for testing purposes but I can't seem to find any place that really
>explains it.
>
>            <Path Fill="#80D0E0FF" Stroke="Red" StrokeThickness="3"
> HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center"
>              Data="M79,3L65,82 17,91 50,138 96,157 104,192 175,154 190,167
> 218,78 156,76 157,9 111,39z"/>
>
> In the Data attribute, I am trying to figure out what that means with the
> M's, Ls and z's.
>
> I have seen this shown but never really explained.
>
> I think L means line but am not sure or how it uses the numbers.
>
> Anyone know where I can find this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom

0
Michael
1/12/2010 6:10:45 AM
You're right.

I had just been in this newsgroup when I sent this.

Thanks,

Tom
"Michael Coles" <admin@geocodenet.com> wrote in message
> Actually this is a SQL newsgroup, but here's your answer:
>
> M = Moveto (absolute location)
> L = Line
> z = Close
>
> Here's a reference: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms752293.aspx
>
> --
> Thanks
>
> Michael Coles
> SQL Server MVP
> Author, "Expert SQL Server 2008 Encryption"
> (http://www.apress.com/book/view/1430224649)
> ----------------
>
> "tshad" <tfs@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
>>I have a couple instances where I am using a set of data to define a
>>window for testing purposes but I can't seem to find any place that really
>>explains it.
>>
>>            <Path Fill="#80D0E0FF" Stroke="Red" StrokeThickness="3"
>> HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center"
>>              Data="M79,3L65,82 17,91 50,138 96,157 104,192 175,154
>> 190,167 218,78 156,76 157,9 111,39z"/>
>>
>> In the Data attribute, I am trying to figure out what that means with the
>> M's, Ls and z's.
>>
>> I have seen this shown but never really explained.
>>
>> I think L means line but am not sure or how it uses the numbers.
>>
>> Anyone know where I can find this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Tom

0
tshad

Invisible data in combo box
Hi there, I have recently deployed a database. My client is having issues in that a combo box has invisible data (the data is truly there, he can select an item in the middle of the drop down and other bound data populates, but it does not display). I have been able to isolate the issue to being a problem on his end; as I've opened it on 4 different instances of Access (3 X 2003, 1 X 2007) and cannot replicate the issue. I've also shipped him a version with different colors of font for its text, and this has not worked, either. He is using this database on 2 separate machine...

find column with text data in row 1
I have the following macro which bounces me back and forth between b:k and m:u Private Sub Workbook_SheetBeforeDoubleClick( _ ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) If Not Intersect(target, Range("B:J")) Is Nothing Then target.Offset(0, 11).Select If Not Intersect(target, Range("M:U")) Is Nothing Then target.Offset(0, -11).Select End Sub Now I would like to build on that. My K Column is my delimiter with the static text 'Totals'. I would like to be able to have the functionality of the above without have the number of columns static, so...

Storing Data
If I want to perform a calculation I am using a control source of a field. the problem is I want to store that date in the table and it won't let me. How do I store the calculated field in the table. My formula works here it is. =DateAdd("m",[ServiceInterval],[tblLog Subform].[Form]![ServiceDate]) I want to store this date in the NextServiceDate field in my service table. Calvin A scan of the tablesdbdesign newsgroup will reveal that it is rarely necessary to store a calculated value, particularly so if you can calculate it "one the fly" in a query. That isn't...

anther date question
StrDate is assigned todays date with the Now function, the value looks like this: 3/25/2010 10:36:48 PM ....I need the value to look like this: 2010/03/25 (the month and day have to be 2 digits) How do I do this? thanks. "Southern at Heart" <SouthernatHeart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E67D6548-98E2-4274-B774-E7300C3A3877@microsoft.com... > StrDate is assigned todays date with the Now function, the value looks > like > this: > 3/25/2010 10:36:48 PM > > ...I need the value to look like this: > 2010/03/25 > (the...

Excel/Visio Form for entering data
I've seen this done before, just trying to figure out how to accomplish it. I have an Excel spreadsheet containing a Visio network diagram with text fields for entering data (IP addresses, etc). I'm trying to recreate this form with a new diagram. Once I've pasted the Visio diagram into Excel, I'm having difficulty getting Excel to allow me to specify fields and enter data. There has to be an easy way to do this. Anyone have a good resource or know how to do it? ...

Data Files
If I split up my one data file in outlook into two, does it make outlook run faster? what if i put all my archive in one .pst file and then removed from outlook? i would only add it to outlook once a month to clean up and archive things. would that make outlook run faster? the real question i have is does it matter whether i temporarily remove the archive .pst file from outlook to make it run faster? thanks jim A smaller .pst will allow Outlook to run faster. If you empty your deleted items folder and then archive olds messages, it creates an archive.pst file. Remember, you can open any ...

Thread Question #2
Dear Sir, In my application we are using legacy libraries which are not thread safe.We are calling one function from the GUI to initiate the process which will call the function in the libraries.The process is as follows : 1) The tool requests the data from the oracle and after retrieving the data from the oracle local system creates one file based on this data,This process is continued repetitively based on the input,that means it may create n files based on the input.To improve the performance we are using two threads,one thread calls the library function(the constraint is we hav...

listbox question 03-15-07
Hi all, Is there a way to add an Asterisk "*" after a txt in a list box automatically weather it be through check box or just first selected from a different form? My form I have a cbo that lets me choose a primary company type. This company may also be other company types which will fill a listbox. I would like the listbox to show an * in front of or behind the primary type. Dont know if possible but would like a suggestion if possible! Thanks I don't understand what do you want to do. Are you trying to update the data in a field to show an Asterisk? What is the purpose of...

using excel data for mail merge with Word
When I try to use an excel worksheet as my data to create address labels with Word, the text is unreadable. Seems very basic - but what am I doing wrong? Adriannae, have a look here for some tips http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 97 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "adrianne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Registry question
Hello Group, How can I create a registry key that can be deleted by any user on the machine. A sample code or any other reference will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Geo On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 07:49:25 -0700, Geo wrote: >How can I create a registry key that can be deleted by >any user on the machine. Then you'd have to put it under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. See the family of functions which begin Reg... with particular attention to RegCreateKeyEx, RegSetValueEx and RegCloseKey. Here's a sample (trivial) function. It adds a key/value, and is designed to make the registry look l...

Sending Current Data record in Form
I have created a form which I want to be filled in and send via email. I have uncovered the email commands but I am having issues in that when I make the call to fill the form, all my records are being filled-in WHEN I only want the current one to be generated. How can I do this? ...

Excel
We're using Outlook 2003 / Excel. The refresh data option (DATA / Refresh Data) use to work fine on my Excel documents. All of a sudden the field is now greyed out, and thus can't be selected... Anyone know why, or how to correct this? ....ok, I've figured it out. If a cell with numbers/figures is NOT selected, then the Refresh Data button will be greyed out. Once the cell is selected, all is ok! "Ivan T. Williams" <itw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23C2EDJlLGHA.2696@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > We're using Outlook 2003 / Excel. Th...

Dragging data onto a chart
I used to (in Office2003) be able to take a column of data and drag it onto a graph on a page to create an extra line or sctater-line plot. With the graph now beign a separate object, it this functionalilty only available through copy & paste? Hi, Drag+drop data has be deprecated in 2007. Cheers Andy user dan wrote: > I used to (in Office2003) be able to take a column of data and drag it onto a > graph on a page to create an extra line or sctater-line plot. With the graph > now beign a separate object, it this functionalilty only available through > copy & paste? ...

Hi All I have 2 questions 1. I am trying to automatically create a workbook with a number of sheets in it with different data. I see how the command mode allows you to feed data to a (one/first) sheet (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\excel.exe" H:\':DETAIL.XFER.SHORT.FILENAME) but how do you get data to sheets 2 3 4 etc in the workbook? 2. Can you format the data going into the work sheet such that some of the data would have bold text? Thanks in advance Ralph ...

data permutation / combination
Hi i need to find a way to permute my data in an excel sheet. I have 5 different group of data which i need to permute with. for example rate diame material surface schedule 150 1/2 321 rf 10 300 3/4 304 ff 40 600 1 316 rj xs 900 1-1/4 105 80 1500 1-1/2 alloy 20 160 2500 2 ens s32720 xxs 2-1/2 3 3-1/2 4 4-1/2 5 5-1/2 6 well for diame 1, such as for...

Calendar Archive Questions
I have more than 10 years of data in my Outlook calendar which makes it very large. I sneakerware the whole calendar from office to home on a regular basis so that both are up to date. I would like to archive, say five years, on a one time basis so that I didn't have to carry that portion but could access it at any time from either computer. I would just carry the more recent data. Could someone explain how do to a "one time" archive of a calendar. I am somewhat confused by the information in the help file and don't want to lose data. Thank you. In news:u...

VC7 question
Is it possible to install VC7 and keep VC6? Thanks chans Yes. -- Frank "Terry chan" <terry.chan@nyprochina.com> wrote in message news:40067f2e@usenet.ugs.com... > Is it possible to install VC7 and keep VC6? > > Thanks > > chans > > I'm new using VC7, I'm trying to run the simple console application program, but can't hold the console display during program running, how can I do it? Thanks chans "Frank Hickman" <fhickman_nosp@m_noblesoft.com> �b�l�� news:isSdnQP5o6ZqEZvdRVn-vg@comcast.com �����g... > Yes. > >...

Transfering data from datasheet to report.
When I try to print a report some of my data is not shoeing up. The field is there but the numbers are not. The data is in my table. Are you viewing the Print Preview? Is the control wide enough to display the data? Are records missing or just fields/controls? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "kristie C" wrote: > When I try to print a report some of my data is not shoeing up. The field is > there but the numbers are not. The data is in my table. On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 09:02:01 -0700, kristie C <kristieC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Wh...

Question about Win2K3 and E2k3 FE/BE server combinations?
All, Are there any gotchas to building an Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 topology ,using the following combination of OS and app versions? *Front End Server Exchange 2003 Standard (SP1) on Windows 2003 Standard Edition (SP1) *Back End Server Exchange 2003 Enterprise (SP1) on Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition (SP1) Or do I need Exchange 2003 Enterprise as a FE server, if I'm using EE 2003 as the backend? Thanks in advance for all feedback. Rob G. Exchange 2003 Standard can function as a FE server; no need for Enterprise there. For your BE server, why Windows 2003 Enterprise? Are you c...

protecting a profile data file
I am building a text file that will store certain data according to a given user's performance in my program. What options do I have for keeping that file from being accessed and altered at any time when the program is not being used? "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message news:OoLgYV6TGHA.5468@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I am building a text file that will store certain data according to a given > user's performance in my program. What options do I have for keeping that > file from being accessed and altered at any time when ...

Is there a way to copy web site data to excel to make it sortable
I am trying to copy data from a web site and paste it into excel. this I can do however, excel does not recognize the data. Is there a way to make excel recognize the data so that is can be sorted. totalled etc. What you want is not difficult, just laborous. Lots of junk gets pasted when the web content is pasted. Usually I have to erase the pictures & hyperlinks with: Selection.Hyperlinks.Delete ActiveSheet.Pictures.Delete in a macro and then unmerge cells and move things around. -- Gary's Student "Jetson2k" wrote: > I am trying to copy data from a web site ...

Converting Money 2005 data file to Essentials 2008
I have what I consider an installation issue with Money Essentials 2008 and am very surprised that I could not find a way to contact Microsoft direct on this. One could argue whether my issue is installation or not, but I submit that installation means "getting up and running", which includes both loading the program *and* getting old data converted to run with it. It is the latter step that does not seem to exist. I have a data file from Money 2005. I am moving to Vista, and the Vista Compatibility Center says I cannot run Money 2005 but must upgrade. So I purchased Money ...

Sequencing Data in Sub Form
I have a sub form with four columns, they are rollup number, rollup desciption, estimate number and estimate description. I have a table that has the rollup number with a list of the estimate numbers and estimate description that correspond to that rollup number. I want to pick a rollup number and have access automatically populate the sub form with the associated estimate items and description, which could add anywhere from five lines to fifteen lines. Is that possible? I am not very strong with visible basic so if it is possible could you help with the code to do it? Thank you in ...

extracting data by a criteria ? IF this , then That?
AS a teacher I have two columns - 1 with childrens names the 2nd cloumn has scores. I want to be able to extract those children by name who have scored within a range of marks or < a mark or scored a set mark etc and have this shown in a report or area of the spreadsheet. Possible? ALSO can those children who meet the criteria have the original cells with their 2 columns automatically change colour ? as a way of highlighting them? Thanks for your assistance Mike Mike, Assuming the names are in A, and the scores in B, then select a number of cells in another column, and then in the...

2 questions about IIS on Home Premium
Dear All, Months ago, I create a vitural directory and put it in a new Application Pool using IIS in my Vista Home Premium. But I mistoken it is a useless directory and delete the virtual directory a week ago. Now, I cannot delete the application pool. It give a message "Cannot delete application pool, there are still one application inside" (something like this). What is the icon on my default web site means. The icon is an earth with a little question mark at the lower right corner. The web works fine. I just what to know what does it means Thank you! Best ...