Using SqlBytes/SqlChar write method in CLR

I need to return Varchar(Max) from my CLR function. Using write method return error Buffer is insufficient. Can anyone share the sample to use write method. My return data can be upto 1GB

Build a Selected Text Favorites Utility for your Web Site
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/d72a2557-4ffd-4d29-bf1c-86feb39cae83/build-a-selected-text-fav.aspx
0
kj

Are you using DDL or VS autodeploy to deploy your CLR function? If you're
using VS autodeploy, have you decorated your return value with the SqlFacet
attribute and specified MaxSize = -1? Otherwise you'll get generated DDL for
nvarchar(4000).

Hope this helps,
Bob Beauchemin
SQLskills

"kj" wrote in message news:201021462854kushaljerath@yahoo.com...
>I need to return Varchar(Max) from my CLR function. Using write method
>return error Buffer is insufficient. Can anyone share the sample to use
>write method. My return data can be upto 1GB

> Build a Selected Text Favorites Utility for your Web Site
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/d72a2557-4ffd-4d29-bf1c-86feb39cae83/build-a-selected-text-fav.aspx

0
Bob

How to avoid flickering using DrawItem on ownerdrawn buttons?
hi! i am not able to avoid flickering when using DrawItem on ownerdrawn buttons - any ideas? thanks philipp This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002D_01C36D6E.C5DF9420 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Did you forget to override OnEraseBkgnd member You can do it like this BOOL CMyButton::OnEraseBkgnd(CDC* pDC)=20 { return TRUE; } "Philipp Huber" <philipp.huber@innval.com> wrote in message = news:bik7ui$kgp$03$1@news.t-online.com... > hi! >=20 > i am not able ...

Can't use newsreader on my portable
Got a portable with Ofiice 2003 and Outlook 2003 installed. Trying to customize the menu to add News to the Go menu items. In the lookup list in the customize dialog I can't find a News item under the command tabs in any of the available lists. Anyone know how I can retrieve this missing item so I can use newsreader on that computer from within Outlook 2003? Thanks for any help RD. You'll find that this answer has been posted here countless times. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Ou...

Type a symbol useing shortcut keys rather the insert a symbol
I have a couple of symbols I use a lot. Is there a way I can type those symbols using some type of keystroke shortcut rather than going through all the steps of inserting a symbol? In Word, it allows me to assign shortcuts, but I don't see that option in Excel. I tried creating a Macro, but when it runs, it jumps to the same cell each time. I want to be able to type my symbol, hit "Space" and begin typing my comment in Arial. You can use the autocorrect option to replace text. For example if you type (c) into a cell it autocorrects to the copywrite symbol. To a...

how do I set up outlook for home use?
How do I set up my microsoft outlook e-mail for home use? Contact your ISP for your mail account settings (or import them from Outlook Express if you have it setup there.) Install your profile and account settings and you are good to go. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, dauexghouse asked: | How do I set up my microsoft outlook e-mail for home use? ...

Using Function IF
Cell A1 is a variable Cell A2 is a variable Cell A6=IF(ABS(A1-A2)<2,TRUE,FALSE) Instead of Displaying True and False when data are inserted into the cells, could i display other words, such as YES and NO? If can, how do i do it? Certainly =IF(ABS(A1-A2)<2,"Yes","No") -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "cihow81" <cihow81@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82C4D2A0-5BCB-4CF3-A356-B777967443BA@microsoft.com... > Cell A1 is a variable > Cell A2 is a variable &g...

Use of SDK?
I'm dealing with the same issues as Samik - I need to pull data from the Customer and Inventory tables - and then push back into Customer and Order. When I open the physical and logical .pdf's they show the same thing - shouldn't the physical .pdf map the logical to what I actually see through Enterprise Manager? Is there any document out there that describes AF40100 (etc., etc., etc.)? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated being I'm already on the hook with a client to get this done! Have a look at the FAQ I wrote for the subject. http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessS...

IA64
Hi, I have an application that has been ported tp 64 bit. I have been able to compile it with VC 6.0 for IA64 and AMD64. Now, I need to compile it for IA64 and AMD64 using VS2005. Can anyone please guide me on this ? . The procedure I have followed thus far for IA64 is as follows: 1) Add IA64 configuration and name it "Win64" 2) Add "WIN64" in the Preprocessor definitions box eg :WIN32,WIN64,NDEBUG,_WINDOWS 3) Replace the machine switch /machine:IX86 in the Project Options by / machine:Ia64. But his gives a wierd error : LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file ...

Want to use CRM for an internal helpdesk and ISOLATE internal case
I have what I hope is a quick question... I have set up the CRM to allow our internal IT team to utilize it as an internal helpdesk. I want to isolate internal cases from those of our customes. I did the following: - added our HQs as an account - then added all the personnel as contacts associated with the account - set up a security role for our IT team (who are already in their own business unit in the organization) that prevents them from any priveleges to service case records EXCEPT at the business unit level (not parent/child or organization) I thought this would prevent the ...

SQL SRS cannot use the website MSCRM 1.2 02-06-06
Hi Guys, When i try upgrade the CRM 1.2 to version 3, all goes well except for the following problem. *********************************************************** SQL Server Reporting Services cannot use the Web site Microsoft CRM Version 1.2 because it has an identifier that the SQL Server Reporting Services setup cannot handle. You can either reinstall IIS to have IIS create the Default Web site, or modify the IIS metabase by changing the identifier for Web site Microsoft CRM Version 1.2 to 4. *********************************************************** Event Log reports the following e...

how do I locate where a specific font is used in a publication?
When I open a Publisher document, I get the list of missing fonts. I don't remember using those fonts and I'd like to find where in the publication they are used so I can just go ahead and substitute another font and eliminate the "missing" message. This was posted earlier This may be a solution; but even if it works, it seems ugly. Save the pub file as a website You now have a html file Open with a text editor which I believe will identify the fonts used. I feel like I should apologize. <G> -- Don - Vancouver, USA -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ &q...

OutlookXP-Problem using POP3 and SPA
Hi, I want to connect some OutlookXP clients using POP3 and SPA authentification. OfficeXP SP3 is installed. I get the following error: The POP3 account does not support SPA authentification. However, if I use Outlook2003 I have no problems, SPA works. How could I use Outlook2002(XP) together with SPA? Thank you ...

Formula to calculate % using negative values
(this post may appear twice as I am unable to locate my original post) Greetings, I'm hoping someone may be able to help me. I have developed a workbook to track my portfolio on a weekly basis. One component of my portfolio is my "Line of Credit" which always contain negative values. For example, last week I had a -$5,000 balance and this week I have a -$6,000 balance. The week over week change is -$1,000 or -20%. Presently, my workbook correctly reflects the -$1,000 weekly change but shows the percentage change as a positive (rather than negative) 20% wee...

Can't use Word to edit email with Office 2003
In my office, a number of users aren't able to use Word as the email editor, as this checkbox is grayed out. However, I am able to. We are all using Office 2003. There is only one difference I can see between my machine and everyone elses. All Office application icons reside in the Microsoft Office folder of the Start menu on my machine. The other machines just have Outlook there, and the the other apps (i.e. Word, Excel PowerPoint) are in the main list of the Start menu programs. Could this be the problem? If so, how do I correct this? Any other suggections welcome. johnny.rygielski@gma...

Do I need to be inside the intranet to be able to use the new CRM Office 2007 client
Hi All: This is the scenario: A CRM USer, that has no access to the corp network (obviously his laptop neither), needs to use the client with Office 2007. When I try to test the escenario from outside the INtranet, I cannot specify a username and password. Cause I tried the installation, I am getting this warning "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted." Any ideas? THANK YOU Alejandro Leguizamo SQL Server MVP Hi Alejandro, You need to be connected to the domain to setup the client, either in the corporate network or through a VPN connectio...

Use of Bcc with Windows mail
When I use the Bcc option for sending an email the recipients do not show up when I pull up the email from my 'Sent' folder. How do I change that? Often times I like to know who I have sent an email to. Thanks. You can't change that. What you can do is check the messages source, (Ctrl+F3), of the message in Sent Items to see the recipients. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "c300man" <c300man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A77C66DB-00C4-423A-B985-1240502196F7@microsoft.com... > Wh...

Use files from Publisher in Windows 98SE with Windows XP .
I used a JumpDrive to dowload some files from my business computer running windows 98se. (created using Publisher) But now when I try to run them on my home computer, useing Windows XP, I find i can not open them. How can I get these two programes to run? I do not think Windows XP came with a version of Publisher. Can I still download a copy somwhere if I need it to fix this problem? Do you have the Publisher program on the Windows XP computer? -- Don Vancouver USA "Photoman317" <Photoman317@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B167369-774E-4FA1-B539-C8...

How to remove a field value using Bulk Edit
Does anyone know how to remove a field value using Bulk Edit? The goal is to make the field blank for all selected records. ...

Set Reason Code using QSRules
Hi I'd like to know how can I set a reason code per item entry using QSrules. All I can see is setting the whole transaction with one reason code. This time I'd like to add reason code per item? How can I set into per entry? Please help... Many thanks. Regards, Dexter ...

Suppress printing group footer using Calculated field(s)
I think I already know the answer but, will ask just to be absolutely sure. I have a report. 2 tables PART and TRANSACTIONS and need to do some comparisons to output to a report differences that need to be fixed in the PART table. From The TRANS table I have QTY ( quantity of parts purchased), COSTED_QTY (QTY of parts that have been used on a work order) MATERIAL_$ (total purchase price of QTY). The calculated fields in the Detail part of the report are (Field 1) = MATERIAL_$ / QTY (Giving me the cost per unit of the parts), (Field 2) = QTY - COSTED_QTY (Giving me the QTY on...

Form close after 15 min not in use
Anyone know a quick simple way to a form close by itself after inactivity for 15 min. Instead for user to click on close form button that I have in my form, I would like the form closed by itself after 15 min not in use (not closing the entire database file. Just the form) Thanks Take a look at the 'LogUsersOffNonUse.mdb ( intermediate ) ' sample database found at http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/TableOfContents3.asp#I -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.cardaconsultants.com If this post was helpful, please rate it by using the vote buttons. "Kyle"...

Message stuck in outbox when using "Send To"
Hi, I have a user with Outlook 2003. If he create a new mail and attach a PDF file, then the message is sent perfectly. If he on the other hand right clicks the PDF file, clicks Send To -> Mail recipient, fill in the mail and click send, then the mail is stuck in the outbox. Any suggestions???? Thanks in advance!!!! M O J O ...

Howq to send using Thunderbird.
I'm using Word 2007 in Windows 7 (64 bit) and Thunderbird 3.0.3. I've verified that Thunderbird is the default mail handler. I've gone to the default programs control panel and double checked that Thunderbird is checked for MAILTO and Send mail, and that Outlook is unchecked for both. Despite this, whenever I try to send as email from within Word it opens up an Outlook message. I do use Outlook with a hosted exchange server but only use it for the non-email components. I never send mail through Outlook. Is there any way to get Word to use Thunderbird instead of Out...

Error When Using a Switchboard
I have several databases that are run using switchboards. I changed offices and now the switchboards do not work. The error I am getting says " Compile Error: Error in Loading DLL". Under it the following line is highlighted: set con = Application.CurrentProject.Connection with the .Connection actually highlighted. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Our IT department is at a loss at the moment as well. Thanks Anytime I see a problem where it works on one machine but not another, I have a knee-jerk reaction about references. Go to the following web page for informati...

Can I set up a template for essay using the MLA format?
I'm very new to using word and publisher. Can I set up a template in one or the other for MLA and APA formats for essays to reuse? I'd suggest Word. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "cwshjf" <cwshjf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82D2A2DC-D994-4B7A-BF9D-0496BAE0CF91@microsoft.com... > I'm very new to using word and publisher. Can I set up a template in one > or > the other for MLA and APA formats for essays to reuse? As JoAnn stated, Word is more suite...

Raw Material Where USed Report??
When we running SBF, we had a Where USed report telling us where a particular raw material was used(finished good assembly). We can't seem to find this report in GP 10. We do have the BOM module. Thanks, Dick at VPI Assuming you mean that you are utilizing the BOM feature from the Manufacturing module (and not Inventory), then the "Where Used" functionality is contained within the BOM Entry window (Cards >> Manufacturing >> Bill of Materials). Two radio buttons exist just above the pane at the bottom left of the window where the BOM tree view app...