The number of columns for each row in a table value constructor must be the same.?

I have the following script that inserts rows into the table type and sends
the table to the DeleteHeadlines stored procedure.

1. The rows listed below that are inserted into the parameter already exist
in the table itself.

2. The stored procedure uses a merge to delete all of the rows if they exist
in the source/target.

3. I get the following error on line 11: "The number of columns for each row
in a table value constructor must be the same."

4. In order, the tables columns are
HeadlineID,HeadlineTitle,HeadlineDescription,HeadlineContent,HeadlineStartDate,HeadlineEndDate,HeadlineLastUpdated.

I can't figure out why I keep getting this error when I had done the exact
same thing to test my insert with merge. Any ideas?

declare @Headlines as [Headlines].[HeadlinesTable]

insert into @Headlines
(HeadlineID,HeadlineTitle,HeadlineDescription,HeadlineContent,HeadlineStartDate,HeadlineEndDate,HeadlineLastUpdated)

values

(10,'rollback','Testing transactions that should work.','What is there to
say about inserts?','2010-03-12','2012-05-31',null),

(15,'rollback1','Testing transactions that should work. What is there to say
about inserts?','2010-03-12','2012-05-31',NULL),

(18,'rollback2','Testing transactions that should work. What is there to say
about inserts?','2010-03-12','2012-05-31',NULL),

(28,'rollback3','Testing insert','Who
knows?','2010-03-03','2010-11-05',NULL),

(30,'rollback4','Testing insert','Who
knows?','2010-03-03','2010-11-05',NULL)

go

exec [Headlines].[DeleteHeadlines] @Headlines

0
Andy

The first 2 insert statements do not have the same structure.  Below are the
lines expanded to a column per row.  Note that the string content is split
into two lines in the first insert but only one in the second.  Typo
probably.

(10,
'rollback',
'Testing transactions that should work.',
'What is there to say about inserts?',
'2010-03-12',
'2012-05-31',
null),

(15,
'rollback1',
'Testing transactions that should work. What is there to say about
inserts?',
'2010-03-12',
'2012-05-31',
NULL),

Fitz

"Andy B." <a_borka@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> I have the following script that inserts rows into the table type and
> sends the table to the DeleteHeadlines stored procedure.
>

> 1. The rows listed below that are inserted into the parameter already
> exist in the table itself.
>
> 2. The stored procedure uses a merge to delete all of the rows if they
> exist in the source/target.
>
> 3. I get the following error on line 11: "The number of columns for each
> row in a table value constructor must be the same."
>
> 4. In order, the tables columns are
> HeadlineID,HeadlineTitle,HeadlineDescription,HeadlineContent,HeadlineStartDate,HeadlineEndDate,HeadlineLastUpdated.
>
> I can't figure out why I keep getting this error when I had done the exact
> same thing to test my insert with merge. Any ideas?
>

> declare @Headlines as [Headlines].[HeadlinesTable]
>
> insert into @Headlines
> (HeadlineID,HeadlineTitle,HeadlineDescription,HeadlineContent,HeadlineStartDate,HeadlineEndDate,HeadlineLastUpdated)
>
> values
>
> (10,'rollback','Testing transactions that should work.','What is there to
> say about inserts?','2010-03-12','2012-05-31',null),
>
> (15,'rollback1','Testing transactions that should work. What is there to
> say about inserts?','2010-03-12','2012-05-31',NULL),
>
> (18,'rollback2','Testing transactions that should work. What is there to
> say about inserts?','2010-03-12','2012-05-31',NULL),
>
> (28,'rollback3','Testing insert','Who
> knows?','2010-03-03','2010-11-05',NULL),
>
> (30,'rollback4','Testing insert','Who
> knows?','2010-03-03','2010-11-05',NULL)
>
> go
>
> exec [Headlines].[DeleteHeadlines] @Headlines

0
Mark

Creating an Excel table from Access
Hi, I have an Access database which I use to log downtime for systems. I have a requirement to produce a monthly report based on this data, however, this needs to be exported to excel in a specific format. Down the left side of the report need to go the names of the services, with the days (numerically like: 1, 2, 3 .. 29, 30 etc) across the top. Then I need to count the number of times each service was down on a give day, and insert that information into the necessary cell - so if intranet services had been down twice on 16th March, for example, there would be a 2 in column 16, whi...

reverse page numbers
I am trying to lay out a booklet in English and Hebrew, and would like it to open and read from right to left. Is there an easy way to number the pages in the opposite way a regular booklet in English would be? ...

Tables/ queries question
I have a table for recording college attendances, some of the courses are at Campus 1 and some are held at Campus 2. I've got a field for course code, course anme and a check box to show if the student is at campus 1. When I enter the student ID number into the form, at the moment the name of the course comes up automatically in the text book, as I think it's reading the information from another database on the system. At the moment I've got a check box on the Form to enter manually into the table whether the student is at Campus 1 or Campus 2. What I wondered is if...

Cannot insert explicit value for identity column in table x
Sql Server 2005 9.00.4035. We have a hub and spoke topology which includes 6 tables with identity columns. I need to add a new subscription to a new server (same version/sp). I took backup from another subscriber and restored to new server, ran snapshot, push subscription. To make sure a new record would replicate, I added a record at the publisher with the followig text: Insert into tblicimagefolder (imagefolder) values ('dummy') A conflict occurs with the following: This failure can be caused by a constraint violation. Cannot insert explicit value for identity c...

Dynamics 7.0 tables in SQL server 2000
I need to know what should be the content of each of the tables with names starting with "GL" in SQL Server 2000 when using 7.0. Is there a reference that I can go to in Customersource that tells me this information? Thanks. -- Dave Christman System Developer There is an online reference: Tools >> Resource Descriptions >> Tables. Also there is a SDK avaailable on the Great Plains CD's. "Dave Christman" wrote: > I need to know what should be the content of each of the tables with names > starting with "GL" in SQL Server 2000 when...

add contents of one column
I have a budget that I want to automatically add the contents of one column as I'm working on the sheet. I am new to this and I need all of the helo that I can get. In B1: =SUM(A:A) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FC5F8EE6-99D4-4327-B452-D34E441CA743@microsoft.com... > I have a budget that I want to automatically add the contents of one column > as I'm working on the sheet. I am new to this and I need all of the helo that > I can get. Assume your numbers ...

modify the Type of Field in a Table From another MDB through a Command button
Hello to all! I hope can help me. By technical questions that would be to me very long to explain, the following necessity arises to me: I need To modify the Type of Field in a Table From another MDB through a Command button. The field at issue would happen to be "Number" to "TEXT". Is this possible one? I wait for alternatives. Thanks in advance, and sorry for my poor english. Dreamer. - Hi Is it not possible to open the other database and simply open the table in design view and then change the field. It seems very complex to do the codeing what will most pro...

Looking Up Values
I have a database used to record results of laboratory tests, the tests are standard but the priced paid by the customer can vary. Currently I have a standard price included as a field in the Test Table but this is difficult when prices increase across the board as I have to close down the existing test and re-input it with the new cost, also I have to have a routine whereby a form is used to manually enter any alternative prices before a routine is run to invoice the customer. I would like to create some method whereby Access would look for the current price charged to that customer i...

Reverse Page Numbering
Hi, I'm not sure this can be done, but ... going to ask anyway. XP Pro SP3 and Office 2002. Is there a way to reverse the order of pages in a Word document? Last page becomes first, next to last becomes next, and so on. Instead of 1, 2, 3, .... the physical appearance changes to 42, 41, 40 ... 3, 2, 1. I have a Word document which is displayed 'upside down': In other words, the LAST page is page 1, next to last is page 2, and so on down to the first page, which is page 42, but at the bottom of the file; last page shown. This is meant to be an onscreen refere...

Using Emit to Return a Value
Hello: I am trying to write a piece of code that can implement an interface's methods simply by returning a specified value. I am trying to see how Mock libraries are written. For instance, I have a piece of code that looks like this: MockFactory.CreateMock<ISomething>().Setup(something => something.Foo()).Returns("abc"); What I want to be able to do is somehow implement ISomething.Foo so that it returns "abc". However, I am having a hard time figuring out the Emit code for taking an arbitrary object and incorporating it. I've never want...

Autonumber stopped incrementing to next highest number
I have been having this strange occurence on one of my relationship table - not frequently but 2 times is enough for me. Apparently the Autonumber seems to stop incrementing to the next available highest number and begin to give a number that's already in existence . That of course will give the error on "Unique identifier - blah blah blah" To temporary correct this problem I have been copying the table to a temptable ( structure & data ) - rename the corrupted table and then rename the temptable to the original name of the corrupted table. This works, but I'm lo...

Using a Button to increment numbers in a database among other things.
I know that it is difficult to assess and solve a problem without being able to look at it physically. Therefore I have included a download link to the database I am working on. http://rapidshare.com/files/41280411/logbook1.accdb.html I have been have some trouble with this database what I would like to do is set up the logdb form to increment the lab number field with the click of a button following a format of the last two digits of the year "-" "0000", otherwise I would just like the field to be entered with a format of "00"-"0000". I tried using a ...

problem with pivot table
Hello all: I am trying to make a pivot table from my date. My data includes Names, Dates (which I formatted to month, "m" in the format cells option)and Amount due. In designing the pt, I have "Name" in the row field, "Date" in the columnn field and "Amount due" in the Data field. I want my data to be grouped as follows: Month 1 2 3 4 Name $100 $20 $30 $20 Instead I am getting more than 1 month column i.e. Month 1 1 2 2 2 3 Name $80 $20 $30 $20 Do you know why...

Payroll w/h tables
When can we expect new payroll withholding tables for Ohio? In December our gov announced a late year change repealing a prior payroll credit previously announced. We have been told that the withholding tables are not correct yet GP/Microsoft has not released new tables yet. When can these be expected since we are practically done with January now??? Thanks. According the information I have, there are no pending changes for OH. You may need to contact Support about this issue. -- Charles Allen, MVP "INC" wrote: > When can we expect new payroll withh...

CF to Row after CF is applied to Column
Can someone please help me? I've read through the postings and the help files but still can't seem to figure out how to do this. I've applied conditional formatting to the J column of my spreadsheet so that if there's any text listed the cell turns yellow. What I'd like is if not only the cell but the row, from A:O turned yellow also. How do you do that? I'm using 07. Any help in English walking me through the steps or a hint toward the appropriate post would be greatly appreciated. Cuz I aint figrin it out on myown! Thanks in advance! --Dax...

Highlight Cells with different values
Hi, I have a column that I want to locate the differences. I can use the F5---Special---Column Differences. But I wanted to know if I can do it with Conditional Formatting. Like if Value in A1 is different than the values in Column A:A, then it is highlighted... Any help appreciated Fuad Sounds like an Excel question..try one of the Excel newsgroups, this one is for Publisher. "Fuad" <Fuad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0536FB95-362E-412F-BD1C-99BF9B10E8CD@microsoft.com... | Hi, | | I have a column that I want to locate the differences. I can use th...

XML Serialisation of value/built in types
Hi, When I try to use the XMLSerializer class to serialize an object with simple types, I get node names that are the "basic" versions of the type names, ie: string testString = "hello world"; XmlSerializer ser = new XmlSerializer(testString.GetType()); StringWriter sw = new StringWriter(); XmlTextWriter xw = new XmlTextWriter(sw); ser.Serialize(xw,testString ); ....i get: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?><string>hello world</string> ....but what I would like is the full name of the type (ie the same as if I called string.G...

how to jump to the next column with "enter" in excel?
Hi, The "tab" key is not an option? "dragos" <dragos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:076B9F2B-AE6B-4DCD-96ED-6B5AAE35DC4B@microsoft.com... > ...

How-To: Last change date on row
When I set up a database I always include a last change date that auto updates every time any field in the record changes. Does anyone have a suggestion for how to achieve a similar function in a spreadsheet. i.e. put the current date/time in a field in the row whenever anything in the row changes? -- GGG ------------------------------------------------------------------------ GGG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29220 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=489447 GGG, For example, to put the last change date in...

Subtracting time values
I am trying to calculate the difference between two cells which ar formatted with Custom [h]:mm option. It has so far worked fine unti now, the higher of the two values is over 10000:00. I now get an erro stating that the higher value is not greater than the lower value. think it is because time values are represented by a date time syste which perhaps cannot work above values of 10000:00 -- fishphon ----------------------------------------------------------------------- fishphone's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2462 View this thread: http://www...

Why Propertysheet DoModal() always returns a wrong value?
Hi all, I have the following typical code. The Propertysheet has Ok and Cancel buttons at the bottom. When I click Ok button, it always returns IDCANCEL. But it actually executes all OnOk() functions. How I can make sure it returns the right value. Thanks a lot. CMyPropertySheet psDlg(IDS_MAIN_CAPTION, this); int nResponse = psDlg.DoModal(); if (nResponse == IDOK) { // TODO: Place code here to handle when the dialog is // dismissed with OK } else if (nResponse == IDCANCEL) { // TODO: Place code here to handle when the dialog is ...

How to change labels on a chart from numbers to words?
Can Someone Please help me? I can't figure out how to change the labels on my chart in excel from numbers to words! I'm not sure which labels you want to change to words, but maybe Jon Peltier's charting tutorial will help you: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html Arin wrote: > Can Someone Please help me? I can't figure out how to change the labels on my > chart in excel from numbers to words! -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html I suspect it's this page: http://peltiertech.com/...

How To Add Rows and Cells in The Table Using IHTMLTable
Hello Everyone, I am currently working on the DHTML Dialog Based Application. I have been stucked due to a problem, which is that my HTML Page contains a HTML Table element and a button, i want my application to add rows and cells on the click event of that button. I have captured the event of the button but i am unable to add rows and cells in the table. Can anyone tell me how to acheive that by using the IHTMLTable interface. Thanks in advance. From, Ghazanfar Ali. "Ghazanfar Ali" <ghazanfarali17@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uMq8CiCjFHA.1416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gb...

how to merge data from multiple columns to one column #2
I have first, middle, and last names in A, B, and C. I want to merge everything into A. Ho do I do that? In column D use the formula =A1&" "&B1&" "&C1 The " " would put in your spaces in between the names. Then go to column D & do Edit Copy, move to column A & do Edit Paste. Then you should be able to delete columns B, C & D. Hope that helps! >-----Original Message----- >I have first, middle, and last names in A, B, and C. I want to merge >everything into A. Ho do I do that? >. > =CONCATENATE (text1,text2,....

Grouping Same Data in column
Hi Guys, Using: Excel 2000 Issue: Is there a way to create groupings based on same values down particular column. Example: I have phone numbers listed down column L. But some of th numbers appear more than once. Can I automatically create groups base on the same phone numbers so it would be easier on the eye to follow. Hope this makes sense. TIA Jonas :cool -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could sort the list by the phone numbers, and use conditional formatting to highlight the rows that contain a duplicate phone number: Select a cell in the list Choose Dat...