The number of columns for each row in a table value constructor must be the same.?

I have the following script that inserts rows into the table type and sends
the table to the DeleteHeadlines stored procedure.

1. The rows listed below that are inserted into the parameter already exist
in the table itself.

2. The stored procedure uses a merge to delete all of the rows if they exist
in the source/target.

3. I get the following error on line 11: "The number of columns for each row
in a table value constructor must be the same."

4. In order, the tables columns are
HeadlineID,HeadlineTitle,HeadlineDescription,HeadlineContent,HeadlineStartDate,HeadlineEndDate,HeadlineLastUpdated.

I can't figure out why I keep getting this error when I had done the exact
same thing to test my insert with merge. Any ideas?

declare @Headlines as [Headlines].[HeadlinesTable]

insert into @Headlines
(HeadlineID,HeadlineTitle,HeadlineDescription,HeadlineContent,HeadlineStartDate,HeadlineEndDate,HeadlineLastUpdated)

values

(10,'rollback','Testing transactions that should work.','What is there to
say about inserts?','2010-03-12','2012-05-31',null),

(15,'rollback1','Testing transactions that should work. What is there to say
about inserts?','2010-03-12','2012-05-31',NULL),

(18,'rollback2','Testing transactions that should work. What is there to say
about inserts?','2010-03-12','2012-05-31',NULL),

(28,'rollback3','Testing insert','Who
knows?','2010-03-03','2010-11-05',NULL),

(30,'rollback4','Testing insert','Who
knows?','2010-03-03','2010-11-05',NULL)

go

exec [Headlines].[DeleteHeadlines] @Headlines

0
Andy

The first 2 insert statements do not have the same structure.  Below are the
lines expanded to a column per row.  Note that the string content is split
into two lines in the first insert but only one in the second.  Typo
probably.

(10,
'rollback',
'Testing transactions that should work.',
'What is there to say about inserts?',
'2010-03-12',
'2012-05-31',
null),

(15,
'rollback1',
'Testing transactions that should work. What is there to say about
inserts?',
'2010-03-12',
'2012-05-31',
NULL),

Fitz

"Andy B." <a_borka@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> I have the following script that inserts rows into the table type and
> sends the table to the DeleteHeadlines stored procedure.
>

> 1. The rows listed below that are inserted into the parameter already
> exist in the table itself.
>
> 2. The stored procedure uses a merge to delete all of the rows if they
> exist in the source/target.
>
> 3. I get the following error on line 11: "The number of columns for each
> row in a table value constructor must be the same."
>
> 4. In order, the tables columns are
> HeadlineID,HeadlineTitle,HeadlineDescription,HeadlineContent,HeadlineStartDate,HeadlineEndDate,HeadlineLastUpdated.
>
> I can't figure out why I keep getting this error when I had done the exact
> same thing to test my insert with merge. Any ideas?
>

> declare @Headlines as [Headlines].[HeadlinesTable]
>
> insert into @Headlines
> (HeadlineID,HeadlineTitle,HeadlineDescription,HeadlineContent,HeadlineStartDate,HeadlineEndDate,HeadlineLastUpdated)
>
> values
>
> (10,'rollback','Testing transactions that should work.','What is there to
> say about inserts?','2010-03-12','2012-05-31',null),
>
> (15,'rollback1','Testing transactions that should work. What is there to
> say about inserts?','2010-03-12','2012-05-31',NULL),
>
> (18,'rollback2','Testing transactions that should work. What is there to
> say about inserts?','2010-03-12','2012-05-31',NULL),
>
> (28,'rollback3','Testing insert','Who
> knows?','2010-03-03','2010-11-05',NULL),
>
> (30,'rollback4','Testing insert','Who
> knows?','2010-03-03','2010-11-05',NULL)
>
> go
>
> exec [Headlines].[DeleteHeadlines] @Headlines

0
Mark

Top 10 within a drill-down in a pivot table?
how do i apply top 10 within a drill-down in a pivot table? For example: Row Headers are State, then Vendor. Column Headers are Year. Cell Value is Sales Amt Need to display the top 10 vendors by sales amt within each state. When I use sort and top 10 within the pivot table, i get top 10 vendors overall sorted within state. Apply autofilter on the drill down and from the dropdown select Top 10 items Regards, Peo Sjoblom "ChrisBusch" wrote: > how do i apply top 10 within a drill-down in a pivot table? Thanks, but nothing under the Filter menu item is enabled (including ...

get slide number to start at 1 on slide 4
i need to number my samples so i'm using the slide number as a sample number. problem is my samples start after my index on pg 4 and i need my numbering to start from 1? what can i do "Belinda" <Belinda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4C58782-7866-438A-A393-45C29BEC6A26@microsoft.com... > i need to number my samples so i'm using the slide number as a sample > number. > problem is my samples start after my index on pg 4 and i need my numbering > to > start from 1? > > what can i do Just drag the slides to th...

my query returns null I need to do math on the returned value
I am working on yield, I have 2 qureys one for good and the other to sort the bad in to catagorys. I want to add the total good and total bad for total tested. Sometimes the results are null. When I add the two fields I get blank when I should get units tested. Using access 2007 Thanks in advance. I use the IIF statement, eg IIF([good]>0, [good], 0) which means that if [good] is >0 then use the value of [good], else use the value 0. If [good] can be negative or positive, then use: IIF([good]>0 or [good]<0, [good], 0) Do this for both good and bad. "rich L" wrote: ...

Reseed my identity column
I have identity int column with increment 1 and seed 1. I wish to reseed ID column when I delete some rows and inserting new one. I try to create trigger like this one: ALTER TRIGGER Trigger2 ON Table2 FOR DELETE AS /*IF UPDATE(id) */ DBCC CHECKIDENT ('Table2', RESEED) But inserting continuous with the next int value in ID column, although I deleted some rows. How to reseed my ID column with the last one existing in a database? If the current value for the next Identity is more than the maximum currently in the table, DBCC CHECKIDENT (<tablename>, RESEED) will ...

Error 3205
I have a query that worked fine for a while until now. Error #:3205 Too many crosstab column headers (300). How can I fix this error? Thank you! TRANSFORM Count(MainTable.CSENO) AS CountOfCSENO SELECT MainTable.DocketDate, MainTable.Type, Count(MainTable.CSENO) AS [Total Of CSENO] FROM MainTable WHERE (((MainTable.DocketDate) Between DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),1) And DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())+1,0))) GROUP BY MainTable.DocketDate, MainTable.Type PIVOT MainTable.Autonumber; >>How can I fix this error? Change the pivot. Autonumbers are unique...

WIDTH OF COLUMN
Is there any way to change the width of columns and row from pixels to centimetres?????? REgards in advance No, but approximately 38 pixels or 28 points are 1 cm. "qwerty" <mellagus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2AFE4DA7-1AF2-4C99-8FDD-3D533E7BA4BD@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to change the width of columns and row from pixels to > centimetres?????? > > REgards in advance Row heights are measured in points or pixels. There are 72 points to an inch and "maybe" 96 pixels to the inch. The number that appears in the Standard column width...

Changing the order of page numbers
Example: On a 10 page doc. you want the first 5 pages to be numbered '1' to '5' then the next 5 pages to be numbered '14' to '18' Is there a way of changing page numbers like the above example? Thanks! Ben Ben Don't understand why you want to do this but the best way is to record a macro while you do it manually. 1. print pages 1 to 5 2. go into page setup and change the first page from auto to the value 9 3. print pages 6 to 10. The page count should start at 14. 4 go into page set up and change the first page back to auto. you'll get so...

Highlight multiple cells (one column) that are less than today's date
Hello, I have a column of dates that needs to be compared current date and highlighted if the date is less that today's date. The dates were populated in a general non-specific format (below) and vary in length. My plan was to create a macro, that uses conditional formatting to say; if the cell date is less than today's date highlight it yellow. I am not finding this to be an easy task! Anyhow, after creating the conditional formatting; I apply it the column by using a past special, then lastly apply a format to the entire column of dates as DATE "*3/14/2001". What hap...

All recipients must have an X.400 address in Microsoft Exchange???
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Exchange SP2 and IIS 6.0. Tried to remove the X.400 address in my recipient policy then got this error below. In the age of SMTP, why does Exchange still care about having an X.400 address tacked on to the recipient policy? Now I have to go to each of my user's accounts individually and remove the X.400 address in their email addresses tab. --------------------------- Exchange System Manager --------------------------- The X.400 primary address cannot be disabled. All recipients must have an X.400 address in Microsoft Exchange. -------...

Word 2007
In Word 2003 you can define a new number format list with Number style (None). It is not possible in Word 2007 because the OK button is not activated when (None) is choosen. To create a list like this is useful if you want to repeat a text on every line in a list without a number. My work around for this time was to do a list in Word 2003 version and then copy it into Word 2007. I look forward to get an answere from someone out there. Best regards, Lisa It is true that you can't do this for simple lists in Word 2007, but you can do it for multilevel lists; see h...

Prevent Collapsing of Pivot Table Rows
I have a pivot table with several text fields included in the Row Labels area. These text fields are 1:1 with the key field of the row so the expanding and collapsing behavior is superfluous. In fact, I do not want the fields to be "collapseable" because if saved in a collapsed stated other users may not realize why other data is not being displayed. Is there a way to control this? I realize that I can use Expand All each time but I would prefer that they not even be given the option of collapsing the field. Answered my own question; didn't look hard enough the first...

Rows and Columns
Can I use the numbers generated from a query in columns and have it added/ appended as rows in a table? -- See me for who I am and not who you want me to be,. That way no one gets disappointed! On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 08:12:08 -0800, Lisa R <LisaR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > >Can I use the numbers generated from a query in columns and have it added/ >appended as rows in a table? Yes. For a more detailed answer please post a more detailed question, perhaps including the SQL of the query and the structure of the target table. John W. Vinson [...

extracting unique rows
Hi, I am trying to remove duplicate rows(consisting of 8 columns or horizontal cells). any ideas? thanks dan Data>Filter>Advanced Filter. Check "unique records" and "copy to another location" For more details and pictures see Debra Dalgleish's site http://www.contextures.on.ca/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 17:00:01 -0700, DANmcc <DANmcc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >I am trying to remove duplicate rows(consisting of 8 columns or horizontal >cells). >any ideas? > >thanks > >...

Add certain rows....
Hi. My spreadsheet has a repetitive calculation for each 25.th row. In another place I want to list up each of these values, but then in each and every row downwards. That is; A1 = 25 A26 = 26 A51 = 23 Now I want to copy these values to lets say to D1 like this D1 = 25 - Linked to A1 D2 = 26 - Linked to A26 D3 = 23 - Linked to A51 Is there a trick in the formula in D2 to automatically jump 25 rows from the row mentioned in D1, so it shows the value in A26, without me having to sit here day and night in a week to do the tedious copy and link jockey routine? -- regards Zadig Galbaras ...

combining data from several worksheets in a pivot table
I have a workbook with data for sales there is a separate sheet for each month. Every time an agent makes a sale he records it using the date he processed the sale. the sheet then calculates the week number i want to produce a pivot table showing sales by agent for each week however as weeks cross between 2 months i need to be able to include all 12 sheets in the source data for pivot table can this be done. any ideas please Yes - by using "Multiple consolidation ranges" when setting up the table. In my experience this brings more problems than it is worth - because we do not g...

Sheet name as cell value
Is there a formula, or "dynamic" method of taking the sheet name an putting it as a value in the same sheet. If the sheet name changes, the cell then updates with the new name. ? -- Jo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Jon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=317 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27051 Hi =MID(CELL("filename",$A$1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",$A$1))+1,36) Arvi Laanemets "Jon" <Jon.1eds5z@excelforum-nospam....

Paste a value into "Find What"
I have a work book with data in several worksheets and one main sheet that contains all the data. Column A contains an id number. I want to record a macro that deletes a row from one worksheet, finds the corresponding row and deletes it from the main sheet, then pastes it into a sheet that contains all the deletions. How can I copy the value in column A and paste it into the "Find What" box, or is there another way to do it? I'm using Excel 2002. You've probably got something like FindWhat = "value"; edit that part of the ..Find method statement to instead r...

How to determine second (and then third) highest value in a list #2
I've got an excel spreadsheet full of data, and I wanted to create a column that would tell me what the second highest value was, given a list of cells. For example, I've got 8 columns (columns K through R), with headers "Team 1" through "Team 8". Below that, on the following MANY rows, are numbers, associated with scores for the team in that column. I'd like to have a column that tells me what score was 1st place, which was 2nd place, and which was 3rd place. Finding the 1st place one is easy, using the =MAX(K4:R4). But I'm at a loss to determine...

Automated values in a table
I have a table which inculde two fileds. Field 1 called "Injection" is a Yes/No box. Field 2 called "#of Injections" is a number column. I want to have an automated function, where if "No" is selected in "Injection", "# of Injections" automatically fills in a value of "0". How do i do this in a table? Thankyou! Hi What if you just made the default value of the second field "0" that way you wouldn't have to worry about it if its " No" and if is "Yes" you would have to edit it anyways with a qu...

header full line but page 2 rows
Hi I like to design a report header and page over the full width of A4 paper. But all the data in 2 coloums. On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 15:45:01 -0800, Bruno wrote: > Hi > I like to design a report header and page over the full width of A4 paper. > But all the data in 2 coloums. Create a report the full width of the paper. Click on File + Page Setup + Columns Set the number of columns to 2 Uncheck the "same as detail" check box Enter the width of the columns wanted. Select "Down then Across" or "Across then Down", as wanted. -- Fred...

Checking if values are between values
I'm having a little trouble getting a formula to work. All I need to d is use Countif to determine whether or not a value is within a certai range (1.0-1.9). The formula I've tried is: =countif(a1:a25,>1.0<1.9) I'm sure there's something wrong since it's not working, but hopefull someone can advise me on the correct syntax. This worksheet is being created with Excel 97 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A25>1.0)*(A1:A25<1.9)) -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. "guilbj2 >"...

Counting occurences of a value tied to unique ID's
I've hit a wall on summarizing some GIS data. I've tried searching google and this group, and while I've found many posts detailing how to count uniquely within a column, the situation I'm facing is a little more difficult I believe, or perhaps I don't know the correct terminology to describe it / search for. I've simplified my actual data/situation for examples sake: Suppose column A is "ID_Number" and column B is "Comment" (for example sake "YES", "NO", or "NA"). I need to sum the number of times a specific comment, s...

displaying a table on a form so that we can insert a new record at any place rather that at the end
how can i display the table on a form so that the user is able to insert a new record not only in the last, but also in any place of his desire. he must be able to insert a new record even before the first record. how can i accomplish this? can any body help me out please........ hi Ravindar, ravindar thati wrote: > how can i display the table on a form so that the user is able to > insert a new record not only in the last, but also in any place of his > desire. he must be able to insert a new record even before the first > record. Tables in Access (in a database) are a differen...

Allow customization of relationship view columns in the account
When viewing the "Relationships" section for an account, we cannot change the columns displayed in customizing and are limited to Party 1 Role 1 Party 2 Role 2 which is very limiting. It would be usefult to be able to add additional columns to better descripe the relationships based on fields maintained in the account or contact record. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follo...

Typing in multiple row in a single cell
Is there a way to divide a cell in multiple rows? I am not talking about the insert the Text Box or table. The cell it self should be able to take text in multiple rows. for example to type "My address My Street My City" Three rows in one cell Khusro Hi Format>Cells>Alignment>Wrap text Then press Alt+Enter at each point you want to create a new row. As an aside, entering data in this format is not the most useful way to store data. Very often, you want to pull out the City separate form other things, for example. It would be better to store your data in separate ce...