sql server displays

I would like to know what I can use in sql server report 2008 to display
several sentences or paragraphs prior to where I have a table generated.
Each table in each report will display the data. To display the paragraph(s)
and/or sentence(s)
before the table containing data what toolbox item would I use? Should I use
a matrix, rectangle, textbox, and or another table?

Your question is not really clear, but I think you are trying to do would be
done using a list box.  Add the list box to the report, put the text boxes
you want to display here, then add the table control to the list box.

"jazzydance" <jazzydance@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would like to know what I can use in sql server report 2008 to display
> several sentences or paragraphs prior to where I have a table generated.
> Each table in each report will display the data. To display the
> paragraph(s)
> and/or sentence(s)
> before the table containing data what toolbox item would I use? Should I
> use
> a matrix, rectangle, textbox, and or another table?

0
Jeffrey

Date Display on Report
I have read the many date display threads on this site but have a new question (at least I think it is new). I am running a report from a parameter query and am able to get the dates to display just fine, but I want to just get the month to display. I don't want the acutal dates from the parameter. I want it to display the Name of the month based on the dates from the parameter. Is there a way to do this? Format ([The Parameter],"mmmm") If the parameter is a reference to a form control Format([Forms]![The Form Name]![The control Name], "mmmm") Or if the cont...

I cant configure my exchange 2007 server on my entourage
I cant configure my exchange 2007 server on my entourage Pls HELP! Yossi Rozano wrote: > I cant configure my exchange 2007 server on my entourage You really need to provide more information. What version of Entourage? What error messages do you receive? Have you verified with your administrator that you have the correct information? -- bill Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> YouTalk <http://nine.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/youtalk> Twitter: follow <http://twitter.com/meck&...

Resource availability across servers?
An interesting discussion came up at work yesterday. There MAY be a need for us to physically separate our military projects from our commercial ones. If we end up having to do something like this, would it still be possible to see resource availability across all projects? We have resources who work on both commercial and military projects. If these projects reside on completely separate physical servers, could we still take full advantage of the enterprise capabilities? Kevin: This can't be done OOB, but it certainly could be handled programmatically. -- Gary...

If NIC teaming good or bad for Exch2003 server?
Hi there, For exchange2003 server running on branded server hardware such as HP, if network card teaming (of 2 nics) a good option for exchange2003 or not? How do you guys doing? Just using 1 nic or what? Many thanks! Leemutpo - The good thing about HP is that it will present one virtual NIC to the OS. Generally, unless my client has good network hardware with relatively current IOS levels and good network and server support teams, I will try to steer them clear of NIC teaming. Granted, it is good for redundancy. However, it does have the occasional problem, depe...

SQL to get sales by Supplier
I would like to get output of total sales by supplier via SQL with output like: Supplier Name Sales --------------- -------------- If the sales can be formatted like #,###.##, that would be great. Can someone assist with the SQL query? I could also use the date and time of the output in the SQL output (FYI, I am using OSQL to output this data to a .txt file). "Jason" <microsoft.public.pos@natureisle.com> wrote in message news:u$fltYFFIHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I would like to get output of total sales by supplier via SQL with output >like: &g...

How to display inserted pictures with conditions?
Hi All Is it possible for me to write a code to display an inserted picture o my choice to only display when the value of a cell changes to what require for the picture to appear? I would really appreciate any hel provided. Cheer -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi have a look at the following suggestion http://tinyurl.com/yulak -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi All > > Is it possible for me to write a code to display an inserted picture > of my choice to only display when the value of a cell changes to what > I require for the picture to app...

Area chart display ENDS before data ?
Creating Simple area (test) charts - with data ending far before 'date', (hortz.axis); is no problem. Have the 'ending' section - VACANT.(to indicate future values to come). Does not having CONTIGUOUS data prevent that? -- Boswell ...

Stack Chart Legend Display
I'm making a stack chart based on a quality report. My X-Axis is displayed in Time (Weeks) The Y-Axis displays defect counts by week. There are close to 20 different categories a defect can fall into, however, most of the time there are 5 or 6 categories that have data week to week and some catergories that have not had a defect yet. How do I make the stack chart legend only show the categories that have data attached to it with a number larger than zero. This way the legend won't display all 20 categories, but only the ones that have a value. For Example, let's say I h...

messages will not display on Outlook Express
I cannot get my messages to display the text of the message. I can send and receive, but when I actually try to open a message the message will pop up, but without text. The hourglass icon is displaying, seeming like it's trying to pull the message up but it never comes. Does anyone know what I should do? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot get my messages to display the text of the > message. I can send and receive, but when I actually try > to open a message the message will pop up, but without > text. ...

Multiple domain name and multiple SMTP virtual server
Presently, my Exchange 2003 server holds mailboxes of four internet domain names. I have only one default smtp virtual server. Everything works fine. I have set "Send a copy of NDR" to a local mailbox. Therefore all non-existing user's mails of ALL domain reaches to this single mailbox. Is it possible to designate a separate mailbox for each domain? I found an article in Microsoft site, explaining to create separate smtp virtual server for each domain. Should I have to create smtp virtual server only for this purpose? Is there any workaround? TIA J Justin In order to creat...

server rejects messages
Some of our clients have been complaining that email they send to us keeps bouncing back to with the following error message: Recipient address: @Server.domainxx.com:User@smtp.domainxx.com Original address: User@domainxx.com Reason: SMTP transmission failure has occurred Diagnostic code: smtp;550 5.7.1 Requested action not taken: message refused Remote system: dns;Server.domainxx.com (TCP|10.11.1.11|65002|62.190.112.34|25) It is fairly consistent that some clients cannot send us ANY mail, it all gets bounced back at them. we can't figure out why or where the messages are be...

Copied CRM database to new server
Hello all, I have been testing our upgrade options to CRM 4.0 but this error comes in before that. I have successfully created our CRM server on a new server and everything works fine for all users except for me. I noticed in my roles, I am only set as a system administrator. I can only see a few basic items in the my workplace area. I cannot see cases/account/contacts... Why has this changed just because i installed the CRM server? and how can i fix it? Regards Ian Ian, check your user profile. there is a 'restricted access' flag at the bottom of the user profile screen -...

How do I export information from FileMaker and still display zero.

function displaying in an Excel cell instead of the answer
When I type in valid functions and hit "enter," the cell displays the formula instead of the answer. How can I get it to display the answer instead?? make sure the number format for that cell is not text (General??). Make sure you start your formula with an equal sign. Make sure you're not looking at formulas: tools|options|view tab|uncheck Formulas (if it's checked) Edwin Grosvenor wrote: > > When I type in valid functions and hit "enter," the cell displays the formula > instead of the answer. > > How can I get it to display the answer inst...

Small Business Server 2003 and Gmail
Set up POP3 for gmail to be delivered via sbs 2003, but mail sent to my gmail account is not picked up by the server and the following error message appears in the SBS Administration Report: An error occurred during a POP3 transaction to server <pop.gmail.com [michaelediso@gmail.com]>. The error is 1232 (The network location cannot be reached. For information about network troubleshooting, see Windows Help. ). Any ideas? I believe this is not supported since GMAIL requires SSL and MS POP3 Connecter does not allow for this. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Micr...

Exchange server 2003 needs to be rebooted, clients stop connecting
Outlook stops working, you cannot send or receive mail, it just seems to disappear into a queue, then, Outlook starts to disconnect from Exchange, users cannot start Outlook. However, the Exchange management program continues to work fine. originally thought the problem may of been to do with sophos, but removed it and still getting the problem, the only way to correct it so far is to reboot server errors in log: 9127 1022 2107 2122 2114 2266 2080 enabled dsaccess logging also have a problem where as the event logs dont show full deatils of error eg The local compu...

Changing time display mode
Hi. I would like to change the times displayed for the Calendar from 24 hour to 12 hour mode with am and pm. Could you tell me how to do this? Thanks. you need to do that in Windows Control panel, Regional Settings. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM How many emai...

Server connection error !!!
Ok, I know I have asked for help before but now I am really really desperate!! I have a laptop computer that I have installed rms on for back office work. What I had wanted to do since I will be in another city restore the database on the computer hard drive. I had been running rms find will it was connected to my network at the store on the laptop. Now that I trying to run it alone it will not work. It will not connect to the server. “Sql Server Does not Exist or Access Denied” I have done a search of the website and located on source that I must use my IP address instead o...

E_ACCESSDENIED under Windows 2000 when remoting an EXE server
already posted here http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ol... hoping that someone in the MFC newsgroup could offer some advice. I have created an EXE server for a classroom environment which will be remoted started by another application and will run as the interactive user. I have registered the exe using exename.exe /regserver and registered the type library for the interface using regtlib /typelib.tlb. Everything reports as ok, i have set the permissions of the exe server using dcomcnfg to allow the specified users instructor1-4 to allow access and remot...

Exchange 2000 Server's store.exe cpu 100% usage
My server is running long time, but in this week the server cpu usage always 100%. I try reinstall MS Win2000 SBS & Exchange. Change HDD & Mainboard. I can not fix this problem. If anyone know please help me! What process is consuming the CPU Time? You can use Task Manager or Performance Monitor to determine this. Do you have any Anti-Virus software installed? Have you tried disabling or unistalling it temporaly to see if the CPU usage returns to normal? You can disable the Exchange AV API by changing one thing in the registry: 1.. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe). 2...

Install of eval version of DPM 2010 errors and halts after SQL ins
Install of eval version of DPM 2010 errors and halts after SQL install step, as DPM reports cannot find running SQL instance. I did put the SQL DB on a different (not C) drive. Help would be Wonderful, I can upload install log, etc. Windows 2008, x64, virgin install sp1 I loaded all the listed pre-req. and ran through the install twice, same errors both times. :( Thanks! Hi, What's the error returned by setup. Please e-mail %systemdrive%\dpmlogs\ folder to vborra [at] microsoft [dot] com -- Thanks Venkata Praveen[MSFT] This posting is provided "AS ...

Display Database Modified Date on form
I would like to display the date that the database was last modified on a form. I found a message in the newsgroup (I can't seem to find it again) that suggested this code: Dim fs As Object Dim f As Object Dim strModDate As String Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set f = fs.GetFile(CurrentProject.FullName) strModDate = f.DateLastModified Debug.Print strModDate Set f = Nothing Set fs = Nothing However, I need a little more direction. Can someone please provide some basic assistance? I'm assuming that the code is assigne...

How to display a list of buttons at top of a SSRS report to call different reports
Hi All, I want a SSRS report to display a list of buttons at the top of a SSRS 2008 report like this: Overview Marketing Sales Procurement Inventory HR with each of the above buttons calling another SSRS report and displaying it below the toolbar displayed above. By default when the above SSRS report is called the SSRS report under the Overview button is displayed and depending later if the user click on Sales or Procurement or HR the appropriate SSRS report linked to that should be called. Can you please kindly share ideas how to imple...

SQL Append Query
One of you MVP guys helped me out with the SQL code to update one table using another table (thx for that). Now, I want to add code to append any records found in the update table that do not exist in the main table. Hopefully it's possible to combine them and only have to run one query to update and append the new customer table. I'm using Access 2003 I have a table called Customers and a table called lnk_Customers (Linked Table from Excel). This is the code I have to update the main table and it works perfectly... UPDATE Customers INNER JOIN lnk_LinkedCustomers ON Customers...

Exchange 5.5 on W2K3 Server
All, Does Exchange 5.5 run properly on a new install of Windows 2003 Server? We are getting a new server and our agency cannot afford to buy all the CAL's for Exchange 2003, but we currently have Exchange 5.5 running on NT 4.0. Any thoughts or help, including web links, on migrating the data over from NT. Tim H. Network Admin No, Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 200 cannot run on Windows 2003 servers. They will run in a 2003 AD forest, but not on the servers themselves. 5.5 can run on a Windows 2000 member server, though. -- Cheers, Steve Antonio Microsoft Exchange Support This postin...