sp_columns does not return NVARCHAR data type columns

Hi,

our SQL Server Version is 2000 SP4.

For several days the SP "sp_columns" does not return NVARCHAR data type
columns any more.

I reviewd the SP "sp_columns" and it seems, that the used SP
"spt_datatype_info" does not return that type any more. A second production
server returns that column type.

The SP "sp_columns" is used by the ODBC-Driver to determine the table columns.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot,
Nils

Ok, my fault,

it seems that "spt_datatype_info" is a table and there is no NVARCHAR row.

After inserting that row, everything works as expected.

Strange... but problem solved

"Nils" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> our SQL Server Version is 2000 SP4.
>
> For several days the SP "sp_columns" does not return NVARCHAR data type
> columns any more.
>
> I reviewd the SP "sp_columns" and it seems, that the used SP
> "spt_datatype_info" does not return that type any more. A second production
> server returns that column type.
>
> The SP "sp_columns" is used by the ODBC-Driver to determine the table columns.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Nils

Looking for an excel function which can mirror opposite the data
Dear sir, There are 2 data sets is assumed running in A1 down, viz.: From A1 down to A10, are showing a set of number: from 1 to 10 In the cell from B1 to B10, are showing from 10 to 1, which is decreasing from 10 to 1. My question: I want to know is there any excel formula which I can place in B1 and pick A10's number; B2 pick A9's number and etc. I know there is an easy way to do it, just type "=A10" in the cell of B1, but it is quite difficult to do it when I have more than 200 number, e.g. A1 to A200. Thanks for your advice, Wilchong -- Message posted via OfficeKB...

Averaging weekly data into Months
Ive got a string of weekly data ranging from 1993-2010, which i need to convert from weekly to monthly. Id like to do this so that in the future new weekly data can be automatically converted to its monthly average. Whats the best way to do this? Maybe this will be useful to you... Step1: (If your weekly-date is in column B) Make a new column near your data, with formula in each line as "=eomonth(b1,0)" This will bring month value of each data-line, so later you can summarise/condense your data through this column value. Step2: In your monthly summary, use refe...

Drop line on only one data point in series
Is it possible to add a drop line to only one data point in a series? If so, how? I believe attaching an autoshape line to a single data point would also meet my needs. I would like to be able to have a single data point marked with a line that doesn't require repositioning every time I add new points to the end of the series, which is daily. Any ideas? An autoshape would move anytime a heavy truck drove by. You could add custom negative error bars to the series, where the range containing the values contained zero for each point except for the one you want the drop line for. Easie...

Pulling data for a report from a form
Hi, I have a product report list that want to show the on hand qty. so i have this formula in a report field: =onHand([pkProductID],Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty) but when i preview the report it shows #name? instead. Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200912/1 To refer to a textbox on another (open) form, use: =Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "josros60 via AccessMonster.com" <u56159@uw...

Types of notebooks.
Have a PC on Vista. Looking to buy a notebook. The ads show 3 different types: 1. Notebook 2. Netbook 3. emachines. What's the difference between the three? TIA On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 20:40:22 +0800, Ben Stevenson wrote: > Have a PC on Vista. > > Looking to buy a notebook. The ads show 3 different types: > > 1. Notebook > > 2. Netbook > > 3. emachines. > > What's the difference between the three? > > TIA A 'netbook' is basically, a miniaturized laptop. Generally, it has no CD/ DVD driv...

Go To the next empty cell in Column A
Using Vista and Excel 2007, I will be constructing a mailing list with 10 columns. In the first empty row of column A will be added a new name for the list. With 10 columns it is not possible to view Column A from Column L on screen. With hundreds of names to add to the list, I need a fast way to go to the next empty cell in column A to add the next name.. I am familiar with tables in Access where there is an icon that will take me to the next empty cell in column A. Is there a similar one stroke command to take me to the next empty cell in column A from anywhere in an Excel ...

How can I line up 2 columns with similar information?
I have 2 columns with names in each and I'd like to line them up next to each other. I think we'll need more information, Kathy. I don't understand what you're trying to do. Can you give exactly what's up? ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5C0BC96-7E27-4C55-89A3-03513FC0D409@microsoft.com... >I have 2 columns with names in each and I'd like to line them up next to >each > other. Column A has employee number, Column B has the same employee numbers but has addi...

Custom Formatting a Chart Data Label
I want to create a chart which will display a zero value on the data label where there is in fact a zero value, and show N/A on the data label where it didn't apply. The formula I am using in the spreadsheet uses a nested formula to make this determination: =IF(AND(B22+C22>0,C22>0),B22/C22,NA()) Presently, it works but displays the #N/A on the chart where I would prefer it simply displayed as N/A. Can I do this with a custom format on the data label?? Thanks so much! I don't know how you all do it but your amazing! -- If you can read this, thank a Teacher... If your read...

pivot table changes when data is refreshed.
Hi, I have a pivot table with grouping based on a field called "period which is of date type. I have grouped it into months and quarters However when i refresh the pivot table whenever the data (which is in seperate sheet) is changed, the groupings are going out. I want t preserve the groupings as they are like a template. How do i stop th changing the format and layout of the pivot table whenever i refres the data? any ideas? please help. regards Kiran:mad ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages d...

How do I make a particular column required in Excel? #2
Our NPO is creating a reimbursement chart in Excel. We're trying to make it so that if employees do not fill in one particular column entitled "Projects," they will get an error or will be unable to have a final sum filled in. Is there any way I can make this particular column required so that if it is not filled in, the chart will not complete properly? Thank you in advance for any advice or help--I'm a bit of a novice to this! ...

Redefine field data type
Hi, I am trying to write a function in a module in MS Access 2000 that will change the data type of a field called 'Start' in table 'bo_cpm_CS01ALL'. Here is the code that I have done so far but when I run it nothing happens...no errors or changes to the table. The code finds the table and field, creates a new field called 'temp' then copys 'Start' to 'temp' then deletes 'Start' and renames 'temp'. The field 'Start' has data type dbDouble. Any help would be great!! Public Function ChangeFieldType() 'Purpose: Changes a f...

How do I increase size of text when typing?
I am using Word 2003 and with Word 2000 I could enlarge the size of the print before typing to increase to 150% but cannot find how to do this in the 2003 version. The print on the screen is now about a 10 which is too small for comfort. View | Zoom. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Sufimai" <Sufimai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1125090F-6AB0-404F-8B1C-E5EAF06917F8@microsoft.com... >I am using Word 2003 and with Word 2000 I could enlarge the size of the >p...

sp_columns does not return NVARCHAR data type columns
Hi, our SQL Server Version is 2000 SP4. For several days the SP "sp_columns" does not return NVARCHAR data type columns any more. I reviewd the SP "sp_columns" and it seems, that the used SP "spt_datatype_info" does not return that type any more. A second production server returns that column type. The SP "sp_columns" is used by the ODBC-Driver to determine the table columns. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot, Nils Ok, my fault, it seems that "spt_datatype_info" is a table and there is no NVARCHAR row. After insert...

How do I create a running subtraction column?
In other words, how do I create a column which subtracts from the preceeding cell? Hi you may provide some more details what you're trying to do exactly. Maybe post some example rows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany aschneider wrote: > In other words, how do I create a column which subtracts from the > preceeding cell? If you want the balance in column B, and you are making entries in column A which are to be subtracted from the balance, put the starting balance in B1. In B2 put the formula =B1-A2 On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 08:35:08 -0700, "aschneider" <aschne...

Charts not recognizing source data if original linked data is changed.
I am very frustrated by Excel (2003) at the moment. I'm relatively new to using Excel in depth. I have always been able to work my way through most intricacies and pitfalls. But now I have been working in a workbook with linked sheets (and with linked workbooks too) and have two problems that I cannot solve. Right now, I have about 47 sheets that are set up as follows: detail data: this is the raw data the the user enters daily totals: this is calculated data from the detail sheets summary sheets: further sums from the daily totals and a chart object that charts these sums (a line or sc...

how do i enter data for a # of years using a formula?
i am working on excel and the book asks that i enter data s=using formulas for specifically the last three years of what i am referencing to. and i have to know how to us the copy command button. can anyone help ...

Do a calculation in cells with text data format
I have a few columns of cells having a mixed data format of number and text. Is it possible to convert the first row of numbers in text data format for further calculation? Your guidance to accomplish it is appreciated. Thanks, Ray Example? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ray" <NoSpam-ZQLi@GMail.com> wrote in message news:ei$Jbmy$FHA.216@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I have a few columns of cells having a mixed data format of number and text. > Is it possible to convert the first row of numbers in text data format for > further calculation? Your guidance to accomplis...

Where has the data map tool gone to in Excel 2003?
Cannot find it in 2003. Was there in earlier versions of Excel. It's gone as of Exel 2002. Here is MS's statement and a link to another program for map making. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010346591033.aspx tj "macray" wrote: > Cannot find it in 2003. Was there in earlier versions of Excel. If it still resides on the hard drive, you can use it from later Excel versions, through the Insert Object dialog. But I think uninstallation is pretty good at wiping it out. In my case, I have multiple versions of Excel installed on one machine, so Excel 2003...

Finding data in grouped sheets
When using the 'find' option whilst workbook pages are grouped together I am getting data from the last page first, then the last but one etc. Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to change this so that it finds the data in the first possible page, ie it looks at page 3 before page 4 etc? What I am trying to do is set up a spreadsheet which finds the first 'vacancy' in a childrens nursery. As I have set it up at the moment it is finding the last vacancy first! All help greatly received! Thanks in advance. Susie Vaughan This may not quite fit, but you may find it very us...

Importing data from several sheets, to one chart
I need data from many sheet into one chart (In its own sheet). I know how to do it when its from from sheet (In this example, sheet named Pernille) : =Pernille!$AS$10 I tried this : =Pernille!$AS$10;Aase!$AS$10 But the reference was not valid. Please help, I havent been able to find anything, not even in my E-learning. Martin, Probably the easiest way to chart data from multiple sheets is to create a summary range in a single sheet that references the other sheets with formulas. If you use this technique then all you have to do is generate the chart using the summary range as your sourc...

Import of Money 98 Data
Does anyone know if its possible to import Money 98 (US Version) to the latest Money International version? The easiest way would be to try it out. There is a trial version of the international version. Some of the earlier (pre-2000) versions directly convert even though they are different regional versions, so you may be lucky. Trial can be obtained via http://money.mvps.org/downloads/default.aspx -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Mone...

secondary y-axis for graph "column"
Hi! Chart type XY (scatter) > allows a secondary Y-axis column > does not allow this, or does it? I would like so, how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance! tom Hi, sorry, I understand why (risk of visual overlap) and and was able to create a secondary Y-axis but how to solve this? thanks! tom "tom ossieur" wrote: > Hi! > > Chart type > XY (scatter) > allows a secondary Y-axis > column > does not allow this, or does it? I would like so, how to > solve this problem? > > Thanks in advance! > > tom See htt...

Excel Incorrectly Plotting Non-sequential Data Points
I am plotting a chart in Excel 2003 using non-sequential data points as shown below. Time Value 0 0.07 2 0.09 4 0.14 6 0.10 9 0.08 10 0.09 Excel, however, plots them in order as if they were: Time Value 1 0.07 2 0.09 3 0.14 4 0.10 5 0.08 6 0.09 When I look at the Source Data, it highlights the right data, but just seems to plot it incorrectly. Could this be a formatting error? Any help is VERY appreciated. Aaron, Select both columns (not j...

Validating data in a User Form
I have created a User Form to enter data into an Excel Database using text boxes. For one field (textbox) I would like to limit the user input to three names, say AA, BB or CC. I know how to do it on the worksheet and it works just fine. I can't figure out how to do for the textbox for that field in the form. Will someone give me a gentle shove in the right direction? Thank you very much. If you're going to limit it to three names, why use a TextBox? I'd use a listbox or combobox loaded with the names instead. In article <11bb45co1m5nmbd@corp.supernews.com>, &q...

Variable Width 100% Stacked Column Chart
Hi, I need to make a variable width 100% stacked column chart (similar t the Column chart with varying width bars from andypope.info but 100 stacked) The x-axis would contain various market segments and the width would b proportional to their size, the y-axis divides each segment up by a attribute. Any ideas? Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Earl - Stephen Bullen has a Variable Width Column Chart example on his web site (http://bmsltd.co.uk), lo...