SP in Typed Dataset Timeout vs Management Studio Good Performance

I've never run into this before and have burned two days trying to
figure it out.

I have a relatively performant store procedure that runs in less than
a second when called from Management Studio but when run from a typed
dataset in an asp.net page it sits for 30 seconds and then throws a
SQL timeout exception.

An SQL trace of the both look exactly the same -- even when I through
every option SQL Profiler has to offer.

I am using the same account in both instances and as best I can tell
the connection properties are set the same.

There are numerous writes to the tables that are in the query, but the
reads are all dirty (NOLOCK clause).  SP_WHO2 doesn't show any
blocking issues.  Also server resource utilization is low.  Besides --
if it were a utilization of contention issue, it would affect both
instances.

I am really at a loss...
0
Jason

Jason Wilson <wilsonj@ausrad.com> wrote in news:d3296f7c-a083-440f-8493-
101c17cd2b9f@f20g2000vbl.googlegroups.com:

> I have a relatively performant store procedure that runs in less than
> a second when called from Management Studio but when run from a typed
> dataset in an asp.net page it sits for 30 seconds and then throws a
> SQL timeout exception.

Check the protocols installed on the server. In general, you are going
to get better performance from TCP/IP in most "my web server is on one
box and  SQL is on another" scenario. In many instances, simply opening
a protocol on SQL Server solves the problem.

If this is SQL Server 2005 or greater, turning on the SQL Browser
service can help a ton. In some instances, nothing works without it, so
you may already have this on. Some of hte SPs for SQL Server disable
this service if you have it running when you add the SP.

The reason this problem happens, when it is what I have described above,
is the web server is taking more time negotiating the connection than it
has to negotiate AND run the command. You can increase timeout of
conneciton and command and "solve" the lack of data problem, but you
have not solved the "slow" problem.

That is where I would look first.

Peace and Grace,

--
Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)

Twitter: @gbworld

|      Think outside the box!             |
Gregory
12/11/2009 4:24:36 PM
On Dec 11, 10:24=A0am, "Gregory A. Beamer"
<NoSpamMgbwo...@comcast.netNoSpamM> wrote:
> Jason Wilson <wils...@ausrad.com> wrote in news:d3296f7c-a083-440f-8493-
> 101c17cd2...@f20g2000vbl.googlegroups.com:
>
> > I have a relatively performant store procedure that runs in less than
> > a second when called from Management Studio but when run from a typed
> > dataset in an asp.net page it sits for 30 seconds and then throws a
> > SQL timeout exception.
>
> Check the protocols installed on the server. In general, you are going
> to get better performance from TCP/IP in most "my web server is on one
> box and =A0SQL is on another" scenario. In many instances, simply opening
> a protocol on SQL Server solves the problem.
>
> If this is SQL Server 2005 or greater, turning on the SQL Browser
> service can help a ton. In some instances, nothing works without it, so
> you may already have this on. Some of hte SPs for SQL Server disable
> this service if you have it running when you add the SP.
>
> The reason this problem happens, when it is what I have described above,
> is the web server is taking more time negotiating the connection than it
> has to negotiate AND run the command. You can increase timeout of
> conneciton and command and "solve" the lack of data problem, but you
> have not solved the "slow" problem.
>
> That is where I would look first.
>
> Peace and Grace,
>
> --
> Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)
>
> Twitter: @gbworld
> Blog:http://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com

> | =A0 =A0 =A0Think outside the box! =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 |

I think it must statistics related.  Updating the statics tends to
clear up the problem -- not sure why it runs fast in SMS and not
in .Net.  I'm not sure that this solution isn't a red herring though.
0
Jason
12/11/2009 9:34:38 PM
Exactly the same issue we are facing. In Management studio it executes in
less than a second (over internet) and from our .NET code, it throws up a
timeout error (local network).

Please let me know if you come accross a solution that works. Thanks.

--
Sriram

"Jason Wilson" <wilsonj@ausrad.com> wrote in message
> I've never run into this before and have burned two days trying to
> figure it out.
>
> I have a relatively performant store procedure that runs in less than
> a second when called from Management Studio but when run from a typed
> dataset in an asp.net page it sits for 30 seconds and then throws a
> SQL timeout exception.
>
> An SQL trace of the both look exactly the same -- even when I through
> every option SQL Profiler has to offer.
>
> I am using the same account in both instances and as best I can tell
> the connection properties are set the same.
>
> There are numerous writes to the tables that are in the query, but the
> reads are all dirty (NOLOCK clause).  SP_WHO2 doesn't show any
> blocking issues.  Also server resource utilization is low.  Besides --
> if it were a utilization of contention issue, it would affect both
> instances.
>
> I am really at a loss...

0
Sriram
12/13/2009 12:43:57 PM
Sriram (sriram.nandakumar@gmail.com) writes:
> Exactly the same issue we are facing. In Management studio it executes in
> less than a second (over internet) and from our .NET code, it throws up a
> timeout error (local network).
>
> Please let me know if you come accross a solution that works. Thanks.

This is not an uncommon situations, and the seemling bizarre difference
usually has its explanations.

To start with, in SSMS run this command "SET ARITHABORT OFF", and then
run your stored procedure again. Chances are now that it will now run
slowly.

It is not that this command itself has any importance, but different
settings of ARITHABORT gives results in different cache entries. .Net
applications usually run with ARITHABORT OFF, SSMS with the same setting
ON.

Each time SQL Server runs a stored procedure for which there is no
cached plan, the optimizer has to build a plan, and it sniffs the
current input parameters to determine what is a good plan. If these
parameters are atypical, this can lead to bad performance for further
executions.

Assuming the the execution in SSMS was slow with ARITHABORT off, view
the exeuction plan, and open it in XML. At the bottom of the plan
you find the sniffed parameter values. This can give you some ideas
where they come from. If you now say:

   EXEC sp_recompile yourprocedure

I would expect the .Net application to run quickly.

I should add that there are more possible explanations, and if the
above does not work out, please give more details on what you actually
are doing, and also specify which version of SQL Server you are using.

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

Erland
12/13/2009 3:01:14 PM
Jason Wilson <wilsonj@ausrad.com> wrote in news:3bdc146c-5e34-44ed-8fc8-
f3acd4101fc1@s31g2000yqs.googlegroups.com:

> I think it must statistics related.  Updating the statics tends to
> clear up the problem -- not sure why it runs fast in SMS and not
> in .Net.  I'm not sure that this solution isn't a red herring though.

As strange as it sounds, that is not that strange. While the SQL may be the
same, the method of getting the SQL at the engine can change things. Not
sure why. Glad you found a solution. Hope it is not a red herring.

Peace and Grace,

--
Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)

Twitter: @gbworld

|      Think outside the box!             |
Gregory
12/14/2009 3:12:18 PM
On Dec 14, 9:12=A0am, "Gregory A. Beamer"
<NoSpamMgbwo...@comcast.netNoSpamM> wrote:
> Jason Wilson <wils...@ausrad.com> wrote in news:3bdc146c-5e34-44ed-8fc8-
> f3acd4101...@s31g2000yqs.googlegroups.com:
>
> > I think it must statistics related. =A0Updating the statics tends to
> > clear up the problem -- not sure why it runs fast in SMS and not
> > in .Net. =A0I'm not sure that this solution isn't a red herring though.
>
> As strange as it sounds, that is not that strange. While the SQL may be t=
he
> same, the method of getting the SQL at the engine can change things. Not
> sure why. Glad you found a solution. Hope it is not a red herring.
>
> Peace and Grace,
>
> --
> Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)
>
> Twitter: @gbworld
> Blog:http://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com

> | =A0 =A0 =A0Think outside the box! =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 |

Well sp_Updatestats consistently corrects the issue, but unless I want
to run it several times a day then I need to find another solution.  I
am running VS2008 with .Net FW 3.5 and SQL Server 2005 Standard.  One
of the tables queried sees many updates to per day.  The SP (below)
has a subtree cost under 5.  I can get it under 1 with more robust
indexing, but I don't want to kill write performance:

USE [Interface_Support]
GO
/****** Object:  StoredProcedure [dbo].[pr_SearchMessages]    Script
Date: 12/14/2009 08:16:04 ******/
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
GO
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
GO
ALTER PROC [dbo].[pr_SearchMessages]
	@MessageType	varchar(10) =3D '%'
,	@MessageSubType	varchar(10) =3D '%'
,	@PatientLastName	varchar(35) =3D '%'
,	@ExamCode	varchar(10) =3D '%'
,	@PatientID	int =3D 0
,	@ExamID		int =3D 0
,	@Order		varchar(50) =3D '%'
,	@DateRecorded	varchar(20) =3D '1/1/2001'
,	@Org		varchar(50) =3D '%'
,	@Event		varchar(50) =3D '%'
AS
BEGIN	-- Proc

	SET NOCOUNT ON;

                -- Set Date Range
	DECLARE @BEGIN datetime
	DECLARE @END datetime
	IF ISDATE(@DateRecorded) =3D 1 AND @DateRecorded <> '1/1/2001'
		BEGIN
			SET @DateRecorded =3D CONVERT(varchar(20),CAST(@DateRecorded as
datetime),101)
			SET @BEGIN =3D CAST(@DateRecorded AS datetime)
			SET @END =3D CAST(@DateRecorded +' 23:59' AS datetime)
		END
	ELSE
		BEGIN
			SET @BEGIN =3D GETDATE()
			SET @END =3D GETDATE()
			SET @DateRecorded =3D '*'
		END

	-- Conduct Query
	SELECT	MessageLogID
	,		DateRecorded
	,		Interface
	,		InterfaceDescription
	,		OrganizationCode
	,		OrganizationName
	,		PatientID
	,		PatientLastName + ', ' + PatientFirstName [Patient]
	,		MessageType
	,		MessageTypeCode
	,		MessageSubType
	,		MessageSubTypeCode
	,		ExamIdentifierInternal		[Accession]
	,		ExamIdentifierexternal	[Order]
	,		ExamID
	,		ExamCode
	,		ExamName
	,		EventType
	,		EventNote
	,		CASE
				WHEN [Message] IS NULL
				THEN NULL
				ELSE 'App_Themes/mail.png'
			END	[Message]
	FROM	vw_MessageLogExpanded WITH(NOLOCK)
	WHERE	(
				(MessageType Like '%' + @MessageType + '%')
			AND	(MessageSubType Like '%' + @MessageSubType + '%')
			AND	(PatientLastName LIKE '%' + @PatientLastName + '%')
			AND	(ExamCode LIKE '%' + @ExamCode + '%')
			AND	(OrganizationCode LIKE '%' + @Org + '%')
			AND         (EventType LIKE '%' + @Event + '%')
			AND         (ExamIdentifierInternal LIKE '%' + @Order + '%' OR
ExamIdentifierExternal LIKE '%' + @Order + '%' )
		)
	AND	(PatientID =3D @PatientID OR @PatientID =3D 0)
	AND	(ExamID =3D @ExamID OR @ExamID =3D 0)
	AND	(DateRecorded BETWEEN @BEGIN AND @END OR @DateRecorded =3D '*')
	Order BY MessageLogID

END		-- Proc

0
Jason
12/14/2009 3:58:12 PM
Jason Wilson <wilsonj@ausrad.com> wrote in news:2f32cc40-8db0-4558-bddc-
c6b399693391@g23g2000vbr.googlegroups.com:

> Well sp_Updatestats consistently corrects the issue, but unless I want
> to run it several times a day then I need to find another solution.

You need to find out why the stats are getting thrown out of whack. The
only thing I see in the sproc that could be affecting anything is the
dates, and that should not be an issue.

If necessary, you can add "hints" to the stats to help tune things. Here
is a short article on theory:
http://snurl.com/tooci

And another that describes stats (you probably know much of this, as you
are resetting the stats already):
http://snurl.com/toofl

Other options are setting up additional indexes on the table for the
query(s). This will not solve the stats issue, per se, but will make it
quicker to get an answer. If you are already "over indexed", you can set
up a view (esp. if you are not updating on the page) and index it. These
solutions may be just masking the problem, however.

If these don't work, you can turn off autostats and then manually create
the stats you need. This is not always a one time solution, nor is it
one I would suggest for the newb. It is better than autostats creating
bad stats on a daily basis, however.

one way to figure out the stats is run DBCC SHOW_STATISTICS (table_name
, index_name) after you have recalculated and are sure they are correct.
You can then manually create the same stats.

DBCC SHOW_STATISTICS (table_name , index_name)

is very useful to see how the stats are degrading and may give you some
clues why they are degrading so you can fix them.

Sorry for being so general, but I see nothing in the stored proc that
jumped out at me at first glance.

Peace and Grace,

--
Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)

Twitter: @gbworld

|      Think outside the box!             |
Gregory
12/14/2009 6:19:21 PM
Jason Wilson (wilsonj@ausrad.com) writes:
> Well sp_Updatestats consistently corrects the issue, but unless I want
> to run it several times a day then I need to find another solution.  I
> am running VS2008 with .Net FW 3.5 and SQL Server 2005 Standard.  One
> of the tables queried sees many updates to per day.  The SP (below)
> has a subtree cost under 5.  I can get it under 1 with more robust
> indexing, but I don't want to kill write performance:

Having seen the procedure, I am not surprised that it runs slowly. I am
more surprised that it ever runs fast. A quick fix may be to add
OPTION (RECOMPILE) at the end, so that you get a new query plan
every time. With that query, there is no cached plan that will be
good for you.

You may also be interesting in my article about dynamic search
condition where I discuss several options to slay this kind of beasts.
http://www.sommarskog.se/dyn-search-2005.html

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

Erland
12/15/2009 11:07:45 PM
As probably mentioned, google (errrr "bing") "Parameter Sniffing" "Sql
Server".

One workaround (OPTION RECOMPILE) was mentioned.  But I didn't see this
other work around.

create procedure dbo.uspThisRocks
( @SomeParameter int )
AS

declare @SomeParameterLocal int
select @SomeParameterLocal = @SomeParameter

GO

Then refer to the @SomeParameterLocal in your code instead of the variable
name in the proc definition.

You should do the little bit of research (via the google search mentioned
above) to figure out why that might work.

"Jason Wilson" <wilsonj@ausrad.com> wrote in message
> I've never run into this before and have burned two days trying to
> figure it out.
>
> I have a relatively performant store procedure that runs in less than
> a second when called from Management Studio but when run from a typed
> dataset in an asp.net page it sits for 30 seconds and then throws a
> SQL timeout exception.
>
> An SQL trace of the both look exactly the same -- even when I through
> every option SQL Profiler has to offer.
>
> I am using the same account in both instances and as best I can tell
> the connection properties are set the same.
>
> There are numerous writes to the tables that are in the query, but the
> reads are all dirty (NOLOCK clause).  SP_WHO2 doesn't show any
> blocking issues.  Also server resource utilization is low.  Besides --
> if it were a utilization of contention issue, it would affect both
> instances.
>
> I am really at a loss...

0
sloan

RMA ( Credit) Missing Line Items

publishing customizations using deployment manager
When I publich customizations, it comes back saying publish completed with errors, servername: failed. I notice that when I publish the customizations, my web site stops. I have to manually start it and then I can go into CRM and my changes are there. This is what I get in app log: ProcessImportWorkItem Error : The root element is missing. , StackTrace : at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.ReadWithCollectTextToken() at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserve...

Managed User #2
Testing to see if this setup allows me to be properly identified as a managed user. ...

Problems inserting pictures in Excel 2002 sp-2
When inserting a picture into a work sheet, nothing shows up but the outline/edit box. If you grab the box and move it on the sheet, the picture will appear. If you scroll up or down, the portion of the picture that goes off screen will not show up when you scroll back to the center of the screen. Grab and move it again and it shows up again.... HELP?????? My IT guy is lost on this one! It sounds more like a windows display problem to me. Do you have the zoom factor set to 100%? (It may help.) But maybe you could try closing other applications or changing the display settings. I use...

Accounts with multiple Relationship Types
Hi all! With some of our company' s Accounts we have multiple Relationship Types (eg. a Reseller can be a Customer too etc). How can we insert this information in Microsoft CRM 1.2? Is it necessary to create custom fields in the Account Form? Thanks a lot! Elena Galiatsou Athens, Greece You could choose a "primary" relationship type from the combo box, and then add a memo field to track additional relationship types. Not elegant, but I think it's the best you can do with version 1.0/1.2. Mike "SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote i...

Please help with getting the right structure from dataset using GetXML()
Hi everyone, I need your help getting my getXML method to function the way I need it to. I have a stored procedure that returns data into a dataset (I am using VB.NET). I use getXML with dataset and I get the following result: <NewDataSet> <Table> <StudentFirstName>John</StudentFirstName> <StudentMiddleName>J</StudentMiddleName> <StudentLastName>Smith</StudentLastName> <StudentAddressType>Permanent</StudentAddressType> <StudentAddressLine1>123 Some Rd</StudentAddressLine1> <StudentAddressLine...

Using Float Type Variables for Primary on SQL 2005
We seem to have hit an oddity. We have a stored procedure that gets the next sequence number. It is protected by a transaction so no two processes could update the table of ids at the same time. Every so often, we get duplicates. How could that happen? Is the value based on mantissa? If so, is there a way to expanded it? Keep in mind, I can't change the type from float. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance On 2010-07-19 16:19, RG wrote: > We seem to have hit an oddity. > Please don't multi-post. If you have to post to multiple newsgroup...

Mapping Datasets in an XmlDataDocument
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C42BA1.8B34AA30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a multiple table dataset that I am attempting access thru = XmlDataDocument, and I have read a bit about this (like Rocky Lhotka's = article), but I am attempting something outside of the samples I have = seen. I can take some Xml like this <DataSet> <DriveOption Available=3D"48" DriveOptions=3D"Right Hand Lead = Screw with Standard Pitch" /> <D...

Finder vs.Outbak.dll -- 2
.... FINDER caused an invalid page fault in module OUTBAK.DLL at 018f:01a65468 Also, when the .psf backup dialog box runs, a dos window runs in the background... Someone previously posted this - I have the same issue. Does anyone have a clue as to why this happens and how to correct it? Of course, there is nothing in the MS Lack of Knowledge Base! -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com ...

8 bytes vs. 4 bytes Struct member alignment
Hi, I have an VC++ application which I have to compile on **4 bytes Struct member alignment** in order to read correctly a binary file and pass the data to a complex structure. (As default, VC++ Struct member alignment compilation is 8 bytes. But if I compile as 8 bytes, the element of structure are not correctly interpreted). Part of this project (compiled as 4 bytes) should be integrated into a master application compiled as 8 bytes as default. Which is the way to deal with this 4 bytes and 8 bytes simultaneous? (I would prefer NOT to change the structure members and I would like to keep th...

Writing XML from Dataset to Response Object as Binary File
I have looked fot his solution, but Im not sure what to search for. I have an asp.net based report. I need the user to be able to download an XML file of the results so they can use the data in Excel, etc. I do NOT want to write the file to the server first. I just want to be able to write the contents of the Dataset into a binary file and send it back out to the user as a download, but all in memory. Can you give me a boost in the right direction or an article that demonstrates this? Dan Hanover wrote: > I have an asp.net based report. I need the user to be able to download &g...

How to know that character type in one cell of xls is more that s.
Q : How to know that character type in one cell of xls is more that s... E.g How i will come to know that i typed more than specified charater, when i am typing in that particular cell Your character to test is in A1 In another cell enter =CODE(A1)>CODE("s"). You will get TRUE or FALSE Or use =IF(CODE(A1)>CODE("s"),"Bigger","Not bigger") -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Dharamendra" <Dharamendra @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2427962-5283-43FD-B9B0-5B367EA2470A@microso...

back spacing is deleting what was already typed.
As I type a Document and need to add a word, or phrase by back-spacing Word deletes what was already typed letter by letter on that line. How do I correct the settings? That's what Backspace does on a computer. If you just want to go backward, use the left arrow key. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "TinaMarie" <TinaMarie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C593814-5824-41EA-9854-7659B2F02217@microsoft.com... > As I type a Document and need to add a word, or ph...

Error when starting up Deployment Manager
When we start up the Deployment manager we get "The selected snap-in did not initialize properly". I know when we first installed the deployment manager came up fine. But shortly after we started getting that message. Your post to that questions was -"Are you logging in with Admin authority". And the answer is yes, I am logging in with Domain Administrator authority. I did notice that originally when we installed the application there was a DOS window that was open when Deployment manager was open, but that is no longer opened, when that software is started. Yes, I am ge...

DataSet from XML
There are several options on my WinForms app where the user can change/add or delete options - these settings are saved in an XML file. When the main form opens, the XML file (and schema) is read into a dataset and the options are displayed in the various controls. Pretty basic... but I am still rather green... My questions is this - when the user makes a change to one of the settings, how to I modify the dataset and display the new data in the controls? Do I create a new dataset in each method? That would seem inefficient as the user could makes dozens of changes - each time creating a n...

Apply Multicurrency Invoices in Bank Management
I oppened a ticket to know why I cant apply Multicurrency Invoices to payment transactions in Bank Managment as it is available in Payable Management. I've been suggested to post a suggestion for that. Simply, while doing a payment in Bank Management. If the Chequebook Currency is diffrenet than the invoices currencies that you are paying againist, then you can't apply these invoices. Thus, you cant see them in the remittance advice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestio...

Test managed user
Testing again to see if my set up is correct to identify me as managed user. ------=_NextPart_0001_26B25925 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, This email came in under Open- Managed User. Please let me know if you have further questions. Thanks, Dana Dunlop Microsoft Online Support Engineer ====================================================== PLEASE NOTE: The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions. We also love to hear your product feedback! Let us know what you think by posting ...

Mailbox Manager
I tried posting this to a different group and got nothing back... I've got a single server, single storage group Exchange 2003. I have 4 Recipient Policies: Pri 1: main domain Pri 2: other domains Pri 3: Mailbox Cleanup Lowest: Default Policy The priority 3 policy (Mailbox Cleanup) is the only one that has Mailbox Manager Settings. I have constructed a query as follows: Find: "Exchange Recipients" General Tab: Show these recipients: "Users with Exchange mailbox" Storage Tab: "Mailboxes on any server" Advanced Tab: Condition List: "Member Of Is no ...

In Excel 2002 there was an addin 'Financial Management'
Does anyone know where it is in 2003 ? I didn't look, but there are tons of free templates at: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx Maybe that's where you got it for xl2002?????? (Or maybe a search of Google would be in order.) Alans wrote: > > Does anyone know where it is in 2003 ? -- Dave Peterson Thanks Had trawled those with no success Will go round again Cheers Alan "Dave Peterson" wrote: > I didn't look, but there are tons of free templates at: > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx > > Maybe that's where you g...

Operator Overload between different types
I'm trying to implement the overload for two different kinds of objects. I tryed for example: Dog1 + Dog2; Dog Dog::operator+(Dog& s) { return this->nBau + s.nBau; } it works fine. I need something... Dog1 + Cat1; ??? Dog::operator+(Cat& s) { return ???; } How can i implement my overload between different types and what type of object must return? I can only compile my program only specifing "return 0" in overload function but it doesn't work. Maybe i must implement overload function as static function outside class Dog? Some help please. My final n...

internet explorer mime type resubmit to window error
I have an web-app that can produce a receipt by submiting a html table into a new window and setting the mime type to Excel. This functionality works fine. If the user does not close this window and goes to create a new receipt then the excel plugin within explorer simply copies the data within the previous window into the new window and ignores the new data. Is there any solution to this problem? First, I don't know what I'm talking about. Second, it does sound like some kind of caching problem. Is there anyway you can force the web application to refresh the cached data? ...

Update Deductions and Benefits with Integration Manager
Is it possible to update deductions and benefits with Integration Manager? I tried to write an integration for this but it is trying to Insert the employee id as a new employee. Thanks in advance! ...

cross-referencing new reference types
I created a new reference type for a document: Text box (instead of Figure or Table, etc.). Sometimes after I save and close my document, Text box is in the list of reference types that can be cross-referenced and sometimes it is not. When it is gone, I have to recreate Text box as a type, then word recognizes those that are already there so I can cross-reference them again. How do I avoid this intermittent loss??? Caption labels are stored in the Nomal template, so if you lose them I'm guessing that you are somehow prevented from saving to the Normal template. Try savin...

American Public University System: Finance Applications Manager Ne
American Public University Finance Application Manager- MS Dynamics Great Plains American Public University System, located in Charles Town, West Virginia, is seeking a qualified Applications Manager with expert knowledge of MS Dynamics Great Plains software. Responsibilities for the position include identification of upgrades and enhancements, development of business requirements and test cases, and maintenance of technical and process configuration for A/R, A/P, and G/L. Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years experience in Informatio...

DLL tell what type of application is running.
I'm writing a general purpose error handler that will be used by Windows Apps, Web Apps, Window's Services, ... In other words - just about any program will be calling it. Part of this error routine would be to put up a message box if it's a windows app but only if it's a windows app. How can I make sure that the application that is running is actually a Window's app. I currently am passing in parameters to display the message if appropriate but I want to make sure that somebody doesn't by accident call the routine with a message to display for something ...