Reporting services 2008

Hi,

It is possible using reporting services 2008 with visual studio .NET 2003 ?

Thanks

Manuel
0
Manuel

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 18:39:46 +0100, "Manuel" <mapereira@sapo.pt> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>It is possible using reporting services 2008 with visual studio .NET 2003 ?
>
>Thanks
>
>Manuel

Hi

If you install the 2008 client tools you will get BIDs where you can
design reports or you can download report builder in the feature pack
as a different way write reports.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=b33d2c78-1059-4ce2-b80d-2343c099bcb4

John
0
John

Adding SQL 2008 expr SP1 as prerequisite
Please could someone advise on the best way of adding the necessary bootstrap files for SQL Server 2008 Express SP1 (I am running VS 2008 SP1). I have added SQL Server 2008 Express (pre SP1); I think this was following the instructions at the following: http://blogs.msdn.com/sqlexpress/archive/2008/09/12/faq-installing-the-sql-server-2008-express-clickonce-bootstrapper-for-visual-studio-2008-sp1.aspx However, pre SP1 does not support Windows 7 so I need the SP1 files. I can download the installation files: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=01af61e6-...

debugging a windows service
I'm a newbie to windows service development. I have a service that was written using Visual C++ and I'm making changes to it. What is the best way to debug this service? Is there a way to set breakpoints or do any of the usual debug operations that you can do with a normal app? Thanks, E >I'm a newbie to windows service development. I have a service that was >written using Visual C++ and I'm making changes to it. What is the best way >to debug this service? Is there a way to set breakpoints or do any of the >usual debug operations that you can do with...

Form for inputing criteria for a report's query
I have a report that is based on a query. The criteria for the start date changes and I want a form where I can input the date range (Between #2/2/2006# and #2/4/2006#) each time the report is run. Is there a way to set up the form so that the forms asks for the user to put in the start date and the end date and then put those results in the format above into my query to run the report correctly? Thanks, Robert ryonker wrote: >I have a report that is based on a query. The criteria for the start date >changes and I want a form where I can input the date range (Between >#2/2/2...

can't start windows management services Can't install SQL Server E
I'm getting the error WMI windows management instructmentation module is not installed when I try to start windows management services. WHEN I RUN setup for SQL Server Express 2005. It says configuration checker cannot be executed. I try to start windows management services and it says could not start windows management instrumentation service on local computer. I searched for wmi.dll on my computer and I have it in c:\windows\servicepackfiles\i386 can I copy this file somewhere into the system so that it will start windows management services? Do you know if the .Net ...

Service start failure
Our BP server reports an MBF service that fails to start. Event ID 7022 The Microsoft Business Framework queued work item service hung on starting. I've google'd, searched MS Support, customerSource and found no reference to this exact error. Any ideas? Hi Vince, This is a common error. Sometimes the service actually starts after the error appears. As far as I can tell, it's an open issue--we haven't resolved it. The workaround is to start the service manually. Since the service is used to process HRM documents, you don't need to start it unless you're using...

Report on local resources
Has anybody made a report (SQL SRS) that displays projects and full names of local resources as they appear on the resource sheet in the MS Project client?? If so, willing to share the db query ? :)) When I look in to Reporting DB I can see something like Unassigned resource where I have local resource.. I'm trying to oust usage of local resources (yes I can prevent creation by security setting but before I do that I want to capture one whihc already have it) Regards, Vaso Hi Vaso, You have to use Published database to query the local resource names. (Note: Micros...

Access Report Errors
Hello, We have a SQL database setup using an Access frontend with various menus setup. One of the menus is a Report menu that allows users to run reports setup in the Access frontend so the reports are contained in the Report section of the Access frontend. There are 4 reports to run, three of the four gives an error of “Microsoft Visual Basic – Run-time error ‘2501’: The OpenReport action was cancelled” and the user can choose “End” or “Debug”. The fourth report gives an error of “Microsoft Office Access – The OpenReport Action was canceled” After the errors nothing happens ...

Calling a stateful web service
Hi, I need to call a stateful JAVA web service in .NET. Anyone know how it's done? Thanks __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4627 (20091121) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com for WS-Address support see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc540766.aspx or you use the WCF 4.0 beta. it has a discovery service that supports WS-Address. -- bruce (sqlwork.com) Pavel Yosifovich wrote: > Hi, > > I need to call a stateful JAVA web servic...

Services not starting
When I reboot/power on my Exchange server two services fail to start they are; Microsoft Exchange Information Store Microsoft Exchange System Attendant When I start the information store the other one turns on... but why doesnt information store start at all? Woady On Sun, 8 May 2005 21:46:32 +0100, "Me" <me@me.com> wrote: >When I reboot/power on my Exchange server two services fail to start they >are; > >Microsoft Exchange Information Store >Microsoft Exchange System Attendant > >When I start the information store the other one turns on... but w...

BOM Rolled Cost Report or Query
In GP 7.5 (or later versions?) is there a way to view the rolled up cost of a BOM assembly at current costs of the items? Can I view the assembled cost using the standard cost of the part items as well? To put this anouther way, I want to update the standard cost on the item master record for all items with BOMs with what it would cost today to assemble the BOM. A report(GP or Crystal) or SQL query/view, etc would all work fine. Thanks, Gregg Short MIS Cropking Inc short@cropking.com You could modify Reports-Inventory-Setup-Indented Bill of Materials to calculate a component Extende...

Grouping results on a report (need a little help)
I created a report based off of the filteredlead and filteredannotation views so that I could pull data regarding the leads and the notes regarding those leads, below is the SQL statement I use to do this SELECT dbo.FilteredLead.companyname, dbo.FilteredLead.new_productname, dbo.FilteredLead.new_clientbusinesstypename, dbo.FilteredLead.subject, dbo.FilteredAnnotation.notetext, dbo.FilteredLead.fullname, dbo.FilteredLead.description, dbo.FilteredLead.leadsourcecodename, dbo.FilteredLead.owneridname FROM dbo.FilteredAnnotation INNER JOIN dbo.FilteredLead ON dbo.FilteredAnnota...

Chart to report frequency of a value as a percentage of values
I have a column of information, I would like to create a pie chart which outlines the number of times a value exists as a percentage of the total number of values. Thanks John Check out XL's PivotTable capability. It is well suited to the kind of analysis you want to do. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <50BA1F4A-977F-475E-A221-6249418FDE2F@microsoft.com>, johnnyrover@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I have a column of information, I would like to create a p...

New page in multi column report
I have a report that prints in 3 columns. In one of my Group Footers I have a Page Break, but it only seems to force a new column, not a new page. Can anyone tell me how to force a new page? I'm sure I found an example previously somewhere showing how this is done, but I can't find it anymore. Thanks, Richard ...

Visible Report code
Is this right? tbOD.Visible = Len([tbOverdue] & vbNullString) = "-1" If tbOD is ticked (-1) the textbox tbOverdue will show on my report??? Thanks for any help...........Bob No, it's not right. First of all, that's attempting to set the visibility of tbOD (the check box) based on the length of whatever text is in text box tbOverdue. But it's doing it incorrectly, since Len returns a number, and you're comparing it to a text string. To set the visibility of text box tbOverdue based on whether or not check box tbOD is checked, use tbOverdue.Visible = tbO...

interactive services
Hii all, I am writing an interactive service.I use the libraries in DDK.I want to open a window and later, to close the window. You know there is an area in wndclass structure called hinstance.In user mode , i know it;but in kernel mode?I dont know what it is.I couldnt any window. Please help me. There is no windowing or desktop in the kernel your design is messed up. You are going to have to put this in an application and if you need kernel sevices make a driver that is called by the application. You can't even make this a system service anymore since starting with Vista...

solver, sensitivity report
class problem; sensitivity reports used by prof show headings final value, reduced cost objective constraint, allowable increase,allowable decrease (etc); mine only shows final value and Reduced gradient; how do I make sensitivity report show up with the other headings; text book shows this as happening automatically Go to www.solver.com for tutorial -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "fad" <fad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67CE405A-CA52-4A3A-85FE-5B7752297A9F@microsoft.com... > class problem; sensitivity...

Reports not returning correct data #2
I am trying to run the Top Sales Rep Report in HQ and in SO Manager. The problem is they are not returning the same data for each store. The HQ report is also missing some of the Sales Reps. The SO Manager report gives the correct data and all the sales reps. Also, the numbers are off. For instance, Store 1 in SO Manager might show that Rep. A sold $5200 and Store 1 in HQ might show that he only sold $4800. Anyone having any other trouble like this? Please help, my financial person is on my ass!!! Nick ...

Changing CListCtrl Report View Line Height
Is it possible to change the height of a line in the CListCtrl report view? If so, how? I don't need to make each line a different height (although that would be nice); just changing the global height would be sufficient. Thanks. I don't know how to do it directly, but I know of a "hack" that should work. The ClistCtrl adjusts to height of a row so as to accommodate an image at the head of the row. So, call SetImageList and pass in a CImageList that contains a transparent image of the desired height, and maybe only one pixel wide so that there's not an unnatural spa...

For the record: broken Money report
M+ Deluxe Advanced Reports. Account Balance with Details report, set to show Bank Information. Header says Bank Name. In other tested cases, the Financial Institution attribute reports out in this column. In the case of Loan Accounts, the Financial Institution is not shown but the Comments attribute is. Not that it's a big deal and not that they are going to fix it, but... ...

Service Unavailable
When I enter OWA, I found the following: 503.1 Service Unavailable. I have verified the services and I have restarted the server. Everything is OK. What can I do? A quick search on MS Knowledge Base on Exchange 2003 for keywords: owa service unavailable turned up the following: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837285/en-us http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823159/en-us You might want to check these articles and see if they apply to your situation. If not, perhaps post back with more details regarding your configuration and any changes to it recently. -- Lee Owens MCSE, A+ Check out my b...

Microsoft Office 2008 SP2 Install
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, I tried installing Office 2008 SP2 but got some error so I uninstalled office and when I am trying to install it again I am getting this error " installer cant install some files in "'/Applications". I have removed office files from everywhere, I even tried installing it in Safe Mode but repeatedly I am getting the same error. Please help matrixsinghal@officeformac.com wrote: > Hi, I tried installing Office 2008 SP2 but got some error so I > uninstalled office and when I am trying to insta...

System report download error
Hi all, I'm trying to modify a copy of sales pipeline report. I downloaded the report and put it in my VS project but I can't modify data source because I get an error like "...check string connection...". I went to <server>\reports but everything seems ok. Any idea? Thank's Alessandra ...

Report Footing
I'm trying to use the following expression as the ControlSource of a text box in the footer of a report. ="Payments ( " & Format(Sum([PaymtAmount]),currency) & " )" I thought I understood correctly that one could use the term "currency" as the format specification for the Format function. But, Access puts [] around it and I'm asked for the parameter value for currency at runtime. The summation works to the extent of the numeric value being correct, but I need it to inherit the format properties of "PaymtAmount" that appears in the Deta...

RMS 2.0 - Reports Menu
The Custom option under the reports menus is non-selectable. How do I enable it? Is this a special add-on? thanks! Simply you do not have any custom reports in your Reports folder. That is why it is greyed. If you took any report and changed the start to be "Custom - " and restarted Manager you will notice Custom will no longer be greyed out. Robert "Randy" wrote: > > The Custom option under the reports menus is non-selectable. How do I > enable it? > > Is this a special add-on? > > thanks! I appreciate your reply Robert. I am als...

service hanging
Hi sometimes i get then problem of services hanging due to some problem..is there any way i can stop the service and start it again without having to restart the system. coz its irritating to know that there is no way to kill a process thats in the memory except for restarting the system. Regards Usman Jamil ...