New Forums & sqlserver.programming

I have the new forums setup within outlook express and browsed through all
of the new forum names.

What forum will be the equilivant to sqlserver.programming?

Thanks for any info.

0
scott

scott (sbailey@mileslumber.com) writes:
> I have the new forums setup within outlook express and browsed through all
> of the new forum names.
>
> What forum will be the equilivant to sqlserver.programming?

Msdn.en-US.transactsql

You will discover that it is quite busier place than this newsgroup is
these days.

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

Erland
9/9/2010 10:02:33 PM
Erland Sommarskog (esquel@sommarskog.se) writes:
> scott (sbailey@mileslumber.com) writes:
>> I have the new forums setup within outlook express and browsed through
>> all of the new forum names.
>>
>> What forum will be the equilivant to sqlserver.programming?
>
> Msdn.en-US.transactsql
>
> You will discover that it is quite busier place than this newsgroup is
> these days.

Since some people may be using the NNTP Bridge produced by Microsoft,
I should add that the best choice is the "Community NNTP Bridge", written
by MVP Jochen Kalmbach, which is of far superiour quality than Microsoft's
own bridge. You find it at http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/.

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

Erland

This forum does have value!
As year end approaches and I am considering upgrading to Money 2005, I found the message traffic extremely valuable. After this summers fiasco with the update to MSN Money locking us out of our local data file, I thought, or was hoping M$ would make an extra effort to make sure that Money 2005 was a significant improvement and without the assorted problems that I have found posted here. Some still unresolved. I have made my decision and I do not care how much work it is going to take me, bt I am going back to Quicken after giving Money a two year trial. This program is just not ready f...

How to see new messages in taskbar again
Somehow I have turned off the feature of Outlook that shows a little envelope in the taskbar when you have new messages in Outlook. Not sure how I turned it off. When I right-click on the Outlook Icon, the "Show New Desktop Mail Alert" is checked, but I still am not seeing the little envelope when I have new mail. Does anyone know how I can get the little envelope again? Thank you. Erskine James <Erskine James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Somehow I have turned off the feature of Outlook that shows a little > envelope in the taskbar when you have new message...

Outlook new release
Easy question but I can't find the answer on Microsoft web page. When is a new version coming out. Currently own 2002. JLunis <jlunis@charter.net> wrote: > Easy question but I can't find the answer on Microsoft web page. > When is a new version coming out. Currently own 2002. The current version of Outlook is Outlook 2003. I understand an Outlook 2005 is in development, but that's just a rumor. -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillman wrote: > JLunis <jlunis@charter.net> wrote: > >> Easy question but I can't find the answer on Microsoft web page....

New Public Folders do not get email address generated in Exchange
Hello, We have recently upgraded from Exchange 2000 Server to Exchange Server 2003. Upgrade and mailbox/public folder migration went through just fine. However, after the upgrade was complete, we have found that when a new public folder (mail and post items) is created, an email address is never created for the new folder. In Exchange 2000, an email address was created based on the recipient policy and the folder name. This feature was very nice to create generic email boxes that others could access (ie. general sales/support email addresses). How can this be done or corrected in...

viewing new Address List in OWA
I am running Exchange 2003 server Enterprise and have just created a new address list in System Manager called 'Students'. This address list shows up in the regular Outlook client, but not in OWA. How can I get this to show up in OWA? Also, is there a way to exclude these addresses which are in the 'Students' address list from showing up in the GAL? It seems redundant to have them show up in their own address list as well as the GAL. thanks ! chris No address lists "show up" in OWA - you can't browse the Default GAL or any address lists in OWA. You sho...

One field from Existing Record Blanked Out When Appending New Reco
The issue: When I append a new record based on values obtained from a form's text box and combo box values into an external db table, one field ("Role") in an existing record in the table is blanked out. Can someone please share why this might be happening? The code: db.Execute ("INSERT INTO EmplInfo ( EmployeeName, Unit, Division, SSN, Role, emailaddress ) IN '" & Me!TextPath & "'" & _ " SELECT '" & Me!TextName & "' AS EMPLName, '" & Me!TextUnit & "' AS EMPL...

office 2003, changing the new graphic appearance back to office XP standard.
This may sound a bit backward but having installed the new office 2003 I'm a bit dismayed about the new graphic layout. It's indeed very artsy but at the same time it's also less clear-cut compared with the standard office XP layout. This is particular obvious in OUTLOOK where I think the "old" view of the inbox (sorted after sender) is MUCH more compact compared to the same view in office 2003. Therefor I would like to know if there is a way to change the graphic view in office 2003 back to office XP (or something more similar to it). Indeed, I want to get rid of the ex...

My Tasks new view (filtered)
Please explain how to filter tasks (My Tasks) to see only tasks for projects with the custom field (In Progress)? When creating a new view (My Work) I don't see any filter .... You can't filter My Tasks. You can however opt not to publish tasks that have the custom field set to no - generally through the use of a macro in the MPP file. Check out the usage of the Publish field. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > Please explain how to filter tasks (My Tasks) to see only tasks for > projects > with the custom field (In Progres...

New Mail Icon Double-Click Action
When using Outlook 2003 SP2 (OS: Windows XP SP2) with an IMAP store as the default Inbox, the New Mail icon correctly appears when new mail arrives. Double clicking on the new mail icon opens the Inbox in Personal Folders instead of the defined IMAP Inbox. Is it possible to change this behavior? Thanks for the assistance. David As far as I know, no. <davidski-google@deadheaven.com> wrote in message news:1138405967.281434.32690@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > When using Outlook 2003 SP2 (OS: Windows XP SP2) with an IMAP store as > the default Inbox, the New Mail icon cor...

How do I send a fax with GFI Fax maker without having to open up a new Outlook Contact?
Im doing some testing with the GFI Fax Maker before we introduce it to our company. But I cant find anyway to send a fax without having to open up a new Outlook Contact. I've tried [fax:nnn-nnnn] even [fax:<nnn-nnnn>] but still no faxes are going through. Please can somebody advise??!! "bron_s" <bronwyn_s1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1152620080.719641.258980@35g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Im doing some testing with the GFI Fax Maker before we introduce it to > our company. But I cant find anyway to send a fax without having to > open up a new O...

Hyperlink open in new window #2
Yeah, so how do I create a hyperlink on my site that opens in a new window rather than taking visitors from my site? Can this be done? ...

Unable to create New IMC on Exchange 5.5 on server OS W2K
I get a message when I am creating the IMC on the new server that states the following: " The IMC requires the DNS Domain name to be configured on (Server Name). To Configure the Domain Name, use the Network Icon in the control panel on NT3, or Select another server. " I am trying to move the IMC functionality from an old server running NT4 to a newer server running W2K. All service packs are current. I have walked thru and looked at DNS on the box and it seems to be fine... WHAT AM I MISSING. Thank you! Jack Right-click on the desktop My Computer/ Properties. Network Identific...

New user has no mailbox
I have set up a new user on my SBS2003 server, but the mailbox was not created. I went in ADUC and manually created one, but when I set the client up, the mailbox is not found. What am I doing wrong? if you access the properties of the user, does it show that a mailbox exists on a mailbox store? "scottdog129" <scottdog129@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A4D5258-6D79-4BF7-9C15-D1C4B9B68041@microsoft.com... > I have set up a new user on my SBS2003 server, but the mailbox was not > created. I went in ADUC and manually created one, but when I set the ...

Exchange Server is off and I can't send my new post over another POP/SMTP account
Hello, In our company we use Exchange Server. On my personal computer at home I have also a connection from my home Outlook 2007 to Mailbox on a company's Exchange Server. To establish a connection to Exchange Server I must first turn on safe connection with help of "Juniper Network Connect 6.0". And I use connection over company's Exchange Server mostly only for my bussines mailing. For my home use I have also an POP/SMTP account at my local internet provider and an IMAP/SMTP connection to my Google mail account. So in my outlook I use three accounts. If my s...

no program is registered to open this program?
When I click on and web url, it brings up my explorer, not internet explorer. What happened? How can I change it back? When I do control, click, I get "no program is registered to open this program" Don Smith <dhsmith@bellsouth.net> wrote: > When I click on and web url, it brings up my explorer, not internet > explorer. What happened? How can I change it back? When I do > control, click, I get "no program is registered to open this program" Open IE and click Tools>Internet Options>Programs>Reset Web Settings -- Brian Tillman ...

database program question
Hi Can MFC write and read MySQL , is there some sample ? Is there some good API , Should I install some package ? Thank you . The easisest way is to build an ODBC connection to it and use CRecordset. There's loads of examples on the net. Paul. "Kid" <Kid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA52FEEF-D050-40B7-B746-D3FF4FDFC6F1@microsoft.com... > Hi > > Can MFC write and read MySQL , is there some sample ? > > Is there some good API , Should I install some package ? > > Thank you . of course MFC can do it. just search MSDN for "...

I have a new PC -- how can I move Money (the license) to it?
Hi, I got a new PC and need to move Money -- I guess the SW license -- to it. Does anyone know how I can do this or, where I can look for the answer? Thanks! Rusty -- ------------------------------------------------------- Rusty Williamson Owner, Technical Director, Lead Animator Virtualmedia Studios www.virtualmediastudios.com In microsoft.public.money, Rusty Williamson wrote: > > >I got a new PC and need to move Money -- I guess the SW license -- to it. >Does anyone know how I can do this or, where I can look for the answer? What version? Hi, It's MS Money 2006...

no new mail being received with new hard drive
Hi, I've upgraded my hard drive and now I'm not receiving any new mail. I used MaxBlast to copy the entire contents of my old hard drive to the new one, and I'm using Windows XP SP2 and Office XP. I've tried reconnecting my Outlook profile to use the new pst file location, and when I open Outlook the new pst file is being updated however no new mail is being received. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks, Mong I should add that I can send emails, and emails are being downloaded from my ISP's server, they just aren't being displayed in my inbox. So if anyone...

Backup program needed
Running WinXP Pro SP2 on Dell with 3G CPU and 2G RAM. I bought a Seagate external hard drive for backup purposes and now I'm looking for a good backup program. The one that came with the Seagate isn't very good because it makes you backup on a schedule rather than when you want and Microsoft's SyncToy is worthless because I don't have all of my folders under My Documents so I have to make folder pairs for each folder. If there is something free out there that would be great. I'd like to be able to have the program run and only change the folders/files th...

new outlook inbox for business only
I have started my new business at home and I am trying to set up an Outlook Inbox for that business. I want to be able to have the emails arrive in a new email inbox and not my private inbox. How can this be done. Pam In news:AC84E327-06FB-4511-B8CE-990FACCFDD9D@microsoft.com, stewey777 <stewey777@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say: My reply is at the bottom of your sent message: > I have started my new business at home and I am trying to set up an > Outlook Inbox for that business. > I want to be able to have the emails arrive in a new email inbox and > not m...

new message
My messages automatically open, how can i close this screen If you're talking about the Preview Pane or Reading Pane, you can turn it off via the View menu. Your messages aren't really being "opened" in this pane -- just previewed. However, depending on your Outlook version and how well (or not well) your copies of Windows/Internet Explorer are patched with the latest updates, certain types of viruses can be triggered just by previewing a message. (Of course, if you don't have the preview pane on and you open the message, you're no safer than if you had previewe...

New User, beginners question
Have just set up my personal banking account in MS Money 2005. But, I dont think I have entered my income correctly. Because when I looked in my first monthly report it forcasted that i will be in severe debt in a few months time. I am sure I have done something really silly in setting this account up!! Can anyone give me idiot proof instruction on how to do this correctly?!! Thx A Create your income as recurring paychecks on the bills and deposit page. "Paycheck" is a special category on the drop-down box. It opens a wizard. When you pick it, make sure you elect to track...

Transferring Office to a new computer
I bought a new iMac G5. I need to take Office off of the old iMac and install it on the new one. (Using Tiger on both machines.) I have kept the Office updated. Can I simply port the entire set of files from the old iMac to the new one? I have my original registration numbers, but would rather not go through a fresh install and then try to find all the updates and work through them. Does the old iMac have Firewire? If it does, you can start up in Target mode and pull everything over. Keying in "target mode" in Mac Help will give you all the information you need. Cheers, ...

Program Will Not Uninstall
My ACER netbook has limited memory and speed. Deleting unused programs helped. A preinstalled Office home and student program will not uninstall. I get a message "language of this installation not supported by your system". (("set up error") Is there a Registryproble?How do I get rid of this high memory program? On Dec 29, 4:30=A0pm, Davey <Da...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My ACER netbook has limited memory and speed. Deleting unused programs > helped. A preinstalled Office home and student program will not uninstall= .. I > get a messa...

Adding a new Required field
Can i add a new field to my table such that i enforce a Required condition on it? I cant do this in the table design cos the field will be blank till date. Only the records henceforth should have a mandatory entry in this field. Is there a way i can set this up in the Form?ThanksRamesh Thanks .. that helped. I need to use it only on fields which should not go without data.Ramesh"Wayne-I-M" <WayneIM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3680E488-4ED6-4EC7-966D-9504717B4BEE@microsoft.com...> Hi Ramesh>> You could use a messages box to tell users that they...