Insert query using date as where condition

I have an insert query that runs every day at midnight that records our
client's current environmental status (it's for a mental health facility).
Here's the code:

INSERT INTO dbo.tblCensusHistoryWithDischarge (FullName, LastName,
FirstName, FileNumber, ClientNumber, StaffID, Environment, Location,
Residence,
								  FundSource, Act10, StartDate, ExpEndDate, EndDate, CensusTimestamp)

SELECT     TOP (100) PERCENT dbo.tblClients.LastName + N', ' +
dbo.tblClients.FirstName AS FullName, dbo.tblClients.LastName,
							dbo.tblClients.FirstName,
dbo.tblClients.FileNumber,dbo.tblClients.ClientNumber,
dbo.tblEnvironments.StaffID,
							dbo.tblEnvironments.Environment, dbo.tblEnvironments.Location,
dbo.tblEnvironments.Residence,
							dbo.tblEnvironments.FundSource, dbo.tblEnvironments.Act10,
dbo.tblEnvironments.StartDate,
							dbo.tblEnvironments.ExpectedEndDate, dbo.tblEnvironments.EndDate,
CONVERT(VARCHAR(10), GETDATE(), 101)

FROM				  dbo.tblClients INNER JOIN
                     			 dbo.tblEnvironments ON dbo.tblClients.ClientID =
dbo.tblEnvironments.ClientID

WHERE				(dbo.tblEnvironments.EndDate IS NULL)

ORDER BY			  FullName

The WHERE condition is there so the query only captures clients who are
currently in some phase of treatment, therefore the EndDate field is null. I
need to add another condition so I can also record clients who were
discharged on the current date. All dates are entered on the front end in
mm/dd/yyyy format so in the tables they look like mm/dd/yyyy 00:00:00.000.
I've played around with it for a while but can't get it right. Thanks in
advance for any help you can give me.

If the dates stored are with time set at midnight, then this should work:

WHERE dbo.tblEnvironments.EndDate IS NULL
    OR dbo.tblEnvironments.EndDate = DATEADD(DAY, DATEDIFF(DAY, '20010101', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP), '20010101')

--
Plamen Ratchev
http://www.SQLStudio.com

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Oldest date for Duplicate Cust. #

Web query timeout setting.

Dates #9

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Qrp Date functions

date tracking

Short time vs short date

Shortcut for inserting names?
Hi, I am building many formulas, each with many named cells as part of it. Currently I have to go to Insert | Name | Paste with the mouse each time I want to insert a name. I looked in Walkenbach's Excel Bible but couldn't find any mention of a keyboard shortcut or other shortcut. Is there one I could take advantage of? I've got Excel 2002. Thanks, Jamie ...

Date Calculation

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile

date modified

Date function quit working