How to separate different versions of sql server installations

Hello!

Assume I have several different installations of SQL server express
installed on a server.
How can I then separate these when I want to select a specific one ?
We also assume that we have the same database installed on these SQL server
We can assume my server is called Test and the database is called Nortwind
..dbo then I have
Data Source=Test\SQLExpress;Initial Catalog=Northwind;Integrated
Security=True

So now if I want to use a different SQL Server installations with SQLExpress
how is that possible ?

//Tony

0
Tony

"Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> Assume I have several different installations of SQL server express
> installed on a server.
> How can I then separate these when I want to select a specific one ?
> We also assume that we have the same database installed on these SQL
> server
> We can assume my server is called Test and the database is called Nortwind
> .dbo then I have
> Data Source=Test\SQLExpress;Initial Catalog=Northwind;Integrated
> Security=True
>
> So now if I want to use a different SQL Server installations with
> SQLExpress
> how is that possible ?
>
> //Tony

When you install it on the same server again you have to choose an instance
name, each name has to be unique. Then you use that in the Data Source
parameter, eg.

Test\Instance1

Test\Instance2

etc

--
Dan

0
Dan

Monitor Server in 2003?

Re-install Outlook 2002

OS version
Hi, I use GetVersionEx to check if the OS version is W95. This is the code I use: BOOL boW95 = FALSE; OSVERSIONINFOEX ovi; ZeroMemory(&ovi, sizeof(OSVERSIONINFOEX)); ovi.dwOSVersionInfoSize = sizeof(OSVERSIONINFOEX); if(!GetVersionEx((OSVERSIONINFO*)&ovi)) { ovi.dwOSVersionInfoSize = sizeof(OSVERSIONINFO); GetVersionEx((OSVERSIONINFO*)&ovi); } if(ovi.dwPlatformId = VER_PLATFORM_WIN32_WINDOWS && ovi.dwMajorVersion == 4 && ovi.dwMinorVersion == 0) { boW95 = TRUE; } I run that code and boW95 is set to TRUE on a PC with version XP. I tried on 2 machi...

Outlook 2007 Install gone wrong

Using later version of microsoft access

Office installation and Windows 7

Separating Date and Time in a cell

Outlook Mail via a PROXY SERVER?
If I am using a shared Internet service on a second computer using a PROXY server on the host (first) computer. I can access the net using the PROXY settings on the Internet explorer. However, how do I download mail with OUTLOOK 2000? The proxy server is CCPROXY from YoungZSoft (this runs on XP) and it has the MAIL Settings enabled but the difficulty is what to do on the Second computer? Thanks, -- John jrg_REM_SPAM@bigpond.net.au That would be determined by the proxy manufacturer - check with their support. JM7 wrote: > If I am using a shared Internet service on a second computer ...

SQL Server Connection Failed
Hi everybody, this is my scenario: 1. Windows Server 2008 2. WSS 3.0 + MOSS 2007 3. SQL Server 2008. i'm having this problem: "Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: An error occurred while evaluating the password. [CLIENT: 72.55.191.137]". in this momment i can't see any application from sharepoint. somebody knows how can i do? i don't change the sa password. i don't change anything in the sharepoint configuration. since two days ago i'm having this problem. pls, is very urgent, because i have to deliver this server the next monday to the...

Install ActiveX on Windows XP / IE8
Hi, I created a non-admin installation package to take advantage of the new IE8 features to deploy my ActiveX control. It works perfectly on Windows Vista+ but not on Windows XP (the yellow bar is never displayed). Here is the content of my INF file: [version] signature="$CHICAGO$" AdvancedINF=2.0 [Add.Code] DbCtrlEx.ocx=DbCtrlEx.ocx [Deployment] InstallScope=user [DbCtrlEx.ocx] file-win32-x86=thiscab clsid={97012969-FEFB-4F8F-A03C-67F83D139E8F} RegisterServer=yes FileVersion=1,0,0,1 RedirectToHKCU=yes If I remove the Deployment section it works...

Backing up databases on remote SQL
Hi, I recently followed one of the MS articles on how to move GP 9 sql database to a different server. Everything went well except when trying to run the backup option from the GP9 server. I currently have a server with GP9 installed and another server with SQL and the GP databases. When I try to run the backup from the backup option on the GP server it says " You must be on the server machine to perform this task". presume this is because the SQL is no longer on that server. The SQL server has a backup routine of its own, but I would like our finance users to have the ability...

Install that important pack from the Microsoft Corp.
--xzkkhdmcbxymiaud Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vaccmkjzdr"; type="multipart/alternative" --vaccmkjzdr Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ggmepcujya" --ggmepcujya Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from these vulnera...

Outlook, Palm Pilot, and Exchange Server
I'm using Outlook with an Exchange Server (2000 Small Business). I installed the software for the Palm Pilot and now it prompts with a dialog box for the user to chose the following when they reply, forward or reply to all on an e-mail message. A Program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". Allow access for (if you check the box) it gives 1, 2, 5 and 10 minutes. If you say no it lets you reply, forward, and reply to all. This is a nuisance more than ...

Migrating Exchange servers
We are in the process of migrating to a new exchange server. The issue we are having is transfering the user's outlook (xp, 2k) address book/contact list to the new server without manually having to log into everyone's computer and pointing their address books to the new server. Is there a way to do this authomatically server-side? You're moving the mailboxes, right? The user's "address book" is the Contacts folder in the mailbox. So, there's nothing extra to move. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for ...

Office 2008 "Office Installer" could not be opened
Trying to install Office 2008... When I double click the Office Installer icon....I get the following message: The document �Office Installer� could not be opened. I'm on a MacBook Pro. I've never had problems installing programs before. This is new. Thanks for any help. On 2/26/08 2:03 PM, in article ee8edf5.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Dags@officeformac.com" <Dags@officeformac.com> wrote: > Trying to install Office 2008... > > When I double click the Office Installer icon....I get the following message: > > The document �Office Installer� could ...

How to use different return email addresses
I use outlook 98. I have a mailbox with three aliases. People sending me emails can use any of the three email aliases and the email will arrive in the same mailbox. Accessing the mailbox once will retrieve all messages regardless of which alias was used. If I reply to these emails though, I want the recipient to think that the email has come from the alias that they originally used. What outlook always seems to do is use the email address of the service that is listed first in Tools->Services->Delivery. Is there any way Outlook can be set up so when I reply to a given email, my email ...

ANN: New version of Database Workbench, the multi-DBMS IDE now available!
Ladies, gentlemen, Upscene Productions is proud to announce the next version of the popular multi-DBMS development tool: " Database Workbench 4.0 Pro" With this version we're reached a milestone: Database Workbench is now fully Unicode enabled and offers new tools to increase your productivity. There have been numerous improvements to existing tools and the user interface making it even better than before. For more information, see http://www.upscene.com/ Database Workbench supports: - Borland InterBase ( 4.x - 9.x ) - Firebird ( 1.x, 2.x ) - MS SQL...

Autoupdate.app behind proxy server.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Hi All Is there any way to get the autoupdate.app to work behind a proxy server/autoconfig file? I have about 70 users that I have to email and rely them to install the patches rather than using the 'autoupdate' to do the job. I hoping some clever bugger has found a way of making the flippin thing work... Thanks in advance. Laurence. ...

Difference between Publish and Save As Web Page in Excel 2002
I am trying to find aout the differences between using the Publish button in Save as Web Page and using Save in there. I have seen that when I use Save, it saves the Named ranges as bookmarks where Publish saves them as cell references. Can you tell me why and if there are any other differences I may need to know Hi, when you publish, the result can be viewed as an excel web page, whereas if you "save as web page", it just makes an xml sheet. Save As only allows one sheet in the workbook whereas publish allows more. - mark >-----Original Message----- >I am trying t...