How can I see which user owns a database

Hello!

I have the famuous nortwind database. How can I see which user owns this
database ?

//Tony

0
Tony

Hi Tony

SELECT SUSER_SNAME(owner_sid)
FROM sys.databases
WHERE name = 'Northwind'

--
HTH
Kalen

"Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> I have the famuous nortwind database. How can I see which user owns this
> database ?
>
> //Tony

0
Kalen

How can I rearrange the toolbars?
I've just now installed IE8 and I've checked the help files but am unable to find out how I can change to order of the toolbars. I am using RoboForm and I would really like to have it as the lowest toolbar. Any help greatly appreciated? Thanks, Lorraine ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Customization in IE8: http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2009/04/20/customization-in-ie8.aspx Customize IE8...to fit your needs http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsexperience/archive/2008/08/29/customize-ie8-beta-2-to-fit-your-needs.aspx Many third-party toolbars have their own, ...

Is there a way I can only print the reply instead of the entire email message
I wonder if there is a way I can only print the reply to an email message, instead of printing the entire message? My choice for selection only seem to be gone with Outlook 2003 printing options. Any help is appreciated.............Peter ...

How can I access a public calendar from a custom form
I am trying to create a custom form that would allow a employee to request a vactation time frame. This form would then be mailed to a supervisor who could approve or disapprove the request. I am having difficulty getting the response posted to a public calendar vs. the managers private calendar. Help! -Jeff ...

Can a macro open another worksheet?
Hello, I've got a macro that I need to run on about 200 spreadsheets. Is there a way to get it to select and open all 200 spreadsheets? Thanks, Art. Are they all in the same folder? In fact, do you need to open all the workbooks in a folder? Or all the workbooks in multiple known folders? If you have files in one folder--but you want to choose (click on the first and ctrl-click on subsequent in the file|open dialog), you can do something like: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myFileNames As Variant Dim iCtr As Long Dim wkbk As Workbook myFileNames = Ap...

Can i display an Icon on a toolbar?
Hello, I'm building a toolbar but i do not want to manualy draw the buttons. Instead i want to be able to display prebuilt ICONs there. Can this be done? How do i proceed? Many thanks You should be able to do it by simply adding a CStatic on the toolbar and placing bitmap/icon on it. Following article shows how to add controls to the toolbar: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/toolbar/placingcontrolsintoolbars/article.php/c2547/ ------------------ Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Bredal Jensen" <Bredal.Jensen@mimosa.com> wrote in message news:<eMRs7FziEHA.636@TK...

can someone explain what the icons mean
I have a question about the icons next to the email headings. for instance what does the little "i" mean next to the envelope that means it has tracking info attached. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/icons_mail.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visit...

can cvs files be opened using excel viewer
i have a user who cannot open cvs files with excel viewer but can ope with the full version of excel...anyone experienced this problem and i so, can you pls post the resolution -- darrie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- darriel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2388 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37522 There is nothing in the description of the Excel Viewer to suggest that it can read anything other than true XLS files. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;...

Help, urgent, connection to access database
Hi, all I met a problem about access database connection. I have a program reading data from access database through ODBC. When the access database located on local server, and created ODBC linked to local database,the program runs without problem, but if it is a network shared database, and created ODBC linked to the shared database, the program prompts error: "workgroup file is missing". Yes, I used workgroup file in current database and set correct security. So what's the problem? is problem of the ODBC drive? you should not be using ODBC Access stop...

From Database to XML
I have a simple database with address information about a member... I must get that information in a xml document on the server, and then read it again, without saving it locally.... This is what database is like: Member - Name - Street - Number - Zipcode - City - Land Can somebody help me out? Thanks Koen I`m one step further than i was.... Now i have all the address information in a DataSet, and all his further information in another DataSet... How can i get those two DataSets in the XML Document?? Can somebody help me come any further?? Dikkuuhh wrote: > I have a simple d...

Access 97 to Access 2003 DataBase conversion 08-30-07
Hi, We work in a mostly french environment. We have a standard image using MUI Microsoft products (XP and Office 2003 are MUI) Since the convertion of an ACCESS 97 BD into Access 2003, we experience a sort sequence problem when using: DoCmd.Openform or DoCmd.ApplyFilter A selection on a name like "Cot�" will return no record. Asking for "Cote" will return all records including "Cot�". I suspect a problem with MUI (multi-user interface) but I did not find any recommandation at Microsoft. Thanks. "Jacques Tr�panier" <zx_jacques@hotmail.com>...

Payroll should allow concurrent builds by different users
In a company that is heavy payroll, all checks are processed in the same day but by different users for different subsets of employees. Allowing concurrent builds would be nice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolution...

Can I switch axes in a Worksheet?
Can I switch axes in a Worksheet? It was easier to enter data in the current setup but now it may be easier to analyze the data if I can switch the axes. Can it be done?? Again, I would just like to switch the x and y axes in the worksheet... Amy wrote: > Can I switch axes in a Worksheet? It was easier to enter > data in the current setup but now it may be easier to > analyze the data if I can switch the axes. ... Select the data and use Edit >> Copy Then go to another worksheet and select a cell (like A:1). Then use Edit >> Paste special >> Tra...

Can't activate trial version
I just bought the trial version of Publisher 2003 and I can't get it to activate. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it twice, double checking the Product Key on the folder, but it keeps telling me that it's an invalid number. And, of course, there's no "support" provided by Microsoft. This is VERY frustrating. Any suggestions? By the way, the "activate by telephone" option isn't available on the trial, so I can't even call them. HELP! I'm unsure what the exact issue is. Are you unable to complete the installation because the program...

My database has suddenly locked up
Hi My database has suddenly locked up. I keep getting this message when I try to add a new module: The database has been placed in a state by user <name> on machine <name> that prevents it from being opened or locked. (Error 3734) What happened? How do I unlock the thing? Stapes Is the user name and machine in the message you? If so, close you mdb and look in the same directory for an ldb file. If it exists, delete it. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Stapes" wrote: > Hi > My database has suddenly locked up. I keep getting this message when I > tr...

Can't get out of selection? Assistance would be most appreciated...
Perhaps I have done something inadvertently. I am in an Excel workbook and I appear to be in the middle of selecting a block of cells. Everytime I move the cursor, the cell selection area changes. I can't Esc out, or use the Enter key. Mousing over the menu, the menu does not respond. Rather silly really, but I desperately need to use this workbook and nothing seems to function. Even when the cursor is moving over the menu items, the cells selected in the workbook area still seems to be changing. I can't use the menu - the arrow keys don't work. Does anyone know how to &quo...

Send to Remote user problem
Using Exchange 5.5 on a Win 2k server All users in the office work fine. New employee works exclusively on the road, never coming to the office. I set up the account so that the office people could email through Outlook ( obviously wrong ) to the employee's internet email account. Exchange converts the email address to the local email mail box name and nothing is sent. I know this is my error, but I need help fixing it. The SMTP addresses are User@MyDomain.com the in office mailbox and User1@msn.com the internet address I want everything sent...

can't apply Office 2008 1224 update
List members: I regrettably was talked into reinstalling Office 2008 for the Mac on my Intel Mac running OS 10.6.2. Everything is fine except that I can't get Office 2008-1224 Update to apply. My HD appears with a yellow triangle over it, saying the update is inapplicable. I've tried trashing the product ID as Microsoft's web page suggests; no luck. No trial copies of Office anywhere on my HD. Would appreciate any advice; thanks in advance. - Mark Pavlick This is identical to the problem I reported on 25 March (Installing Office 2008). In my case the prob...

Searching for variables in excel database
Hi, I have an excel database ( 10 columns x 1500 rows ) and I want to be able to have a search function on a seperate worksheet. I want the search function to work like the autofilter function, but this way could be more appealling to the eye. Any tips on how to achieve this ??? Thanks -- Gavin77 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Gavin77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25824 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=392161 ...

Can't open Money file directly.
I have Money 2005 I have many accounts at different banks. I can always open Money by using my password. I just added a new account & it tried to hook it up with Net.Passport. Now everytime i try to open my file it wants my Net.Passport. I deleted the new account,but it still opens with Net.Passport. I went into tools & selected to remove my accounts from Passport's server. Still can't open Money file directly. How can i get it back to just open my account from my PC ? In microsoft.public.money, desgnr wrote: >I have Money 2005 >I have many accounts at different bank...

Can't upload business card in Outlook 2000 as I can for Outlook
Express allows you to upload a business card that is like a header at the top right of every e mail. Outlook seems to only allow a V card which is not visable when sending e mails. Express allows the card to show without blocking the entire page . Express has tools, options, compose, and under Stationary you can upload a new jpeg along with the signature at the bottom. Outlook has almost the same feature, but when trying to upload the stationary, the card duplicates itself and covers the entier page like wallpaper which does no good. HELP Doug In news:9364D241-098E-48F4-9B5A-DB4411A4...

ActiveX component can't create object
I am installing Dynamics 7.5 on a new dell optiplex gx620. When running forms with VBA I get the error "ActiveX component can't create object" before the window opens. And then the error continues as you use the form. I have tried copying the VBA file from other working computers with no luck. I have checked the references in the VB and all that are checked on other working machines are checked on this new Dell. Any ideas? I have 2 new dells that this is not working on I would suspect the O/S rather than the hardware. What operating system are these new machines running? ...

MSAccess 2007 database corruption
One of our program which is in all the computers( having different operating system ) has accdb file as backend database. Multiple operations such as saving, deleting, adding etc. are done simoultaneously. During this the database gets corrupted periodically resulting in unrecodnised database format error or records having #ERROR and loss of data. If we compact and repair the database we loose the precious data. The product is developed using microsoft visual basic 6.0 and our development team put in regorous effort in finding out the cause to the problem and hence came out with certa...

How can I add a custom property to an Excel Workbook ?
Hi I'd like to be able to add custom properties to an excel workbook using vba... Same stuff I already do by hand using the custom tab of the property window... Thanks for giving ideas Regards // Alain See http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/DocProp.aspx for downloadable code modules to read/write custom and built-in document properties of both open and closed workbooks. Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP Excel Product Group Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com (email on web site) On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 07:16:09 -0800, Desaivres Alain <DesaivresAlain@discussions.mic...

User login not deleting in GP8.0
Hi have created a new user ID & given access to a company. After loggin into GP8.0 and log-off from the company, am unable to delete this above created user . A message is displayed saying "Cannot drop login as the user is currently logged in. Am using the 'sa' as the user when deleting. This is not true as user activity table is clear, other than the final user sa. From the backend, on delete of user from GP (Tools>System>User), only user ID is deled from each of the Databases, but the SQL login remains in the security folder. Hi Un check the SQL options in ...

Can't start Publisher!
I'm running Office 2003 under Windows XP-Pro and I've done something bad. Under Start/All Programs/Microsoft Office, I dragged the Publisher start-bar up to the top of my Programs list. Now it's missing completely and I can't start Publisher. I know the program is still there, for if I double-click a Publisher document the program opens fine. But I can't start Publisher on its own for a new project. What's more, I can't find exactly where the program is stored, so I can't simply create a new desktop icon. What do I do? Many thanks. First try sortin...