Help about numeric type field. Thanks.

I created a SQL Server 2005 CE DB ( .sdf, version 3.0) with vs2005. And I
created a table which has 2 fields: fld1 - int, fld2 - numeric(38,25).

But I encounted an error messagebox when I tried to insert a record
(4005,9000000).
The msgbox said Conversion overflows.

The setting for my numeric fld2 is (precision=38,scale=25). So why occur
error when to insert 9000000?

Thanks in advance.

0
newsgroup

Pivot Table Cycling Through Page Fields Automatically
Hi. I am trying to cycle through a complete set of data in one of the parameters in the "Page" field. For example, there are 500 investments, and I want to compute the internal rate of return (IRR) for each investment based on a series of cashflows for each investment. The IRR is a function that is placed outside the pivot table. As each investment number is chosen, the underlying pivot table cashflow data changes, allow the IRR function to pick up these cashflows and compute the IRR. However, if there are 500 investments, this becomes very time consuming - especially if the...

Macro help #12
Hi, I am working on a macro in Excel 2003 Pro, and everytime I go to sort a column of data. There are about 10 rows of data in about 200+ columns. I can only get the macro to sort the column that I edited it with. How can I create the macro, so each time I click on the first row of each column, click the macro button I will assign to the toolbar, then that row will be sorted, and do this for each column? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, Jeff Garrett (user_jeff@hotmail.com) Hi Jeff please post your current code and then we can suggest changes to it. Cheers JulieD "...

How do I prevent "Help" from opening when I open Excel?
Whenever I open Excel 2003 the Help feature opens on the right. How do I pevent this? I only want Excel to open with a new sheet. -- Lee P Lee Help or TaskPane. For Help, you should be able to close it using the "x" and next time open Excel should not display. If TaskPane, go to Tools>Options>View and uncheck "Startup Task Pane" Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:05:29 -0800, "Lee P" <LeeP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Whenever I open Excel 2003 the Help feature opens on the right. >How do I pevent this? I only want Exce...

Saving a calculated field
First, yes I have read the threads on storing a calculated field and that it is bad mojo to do that. However, I have pay data that I calculate and input to a database and it must be able to be reconciled with our ADP data. So I need the ability to change and fix the data so it does not change as a result of recalculations. I have a form with a field that calculates the pay based on hours and pay rate. I have another field (the "copy" field) next to that one that has the control source set to the database field. I have set the default value of that field to be equal to the...

How do I type an 'overline' or 'overbar'?
For example, in writing mathematical notation, to designate an average figure, one places a horizontal bar over the variable name. The same notation is used in linguistics to indicate a phrase at a particular level of analysis. I have need of both of these, but how do I get Word to do it? Thanks for your help, Peyton Todd See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Overbar.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Peyton Todd" <PeytonTodd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:918...

Access, average several fields in one row
I have several rows of data in a field, I need to average all the entries in one row I have 12 fields for 12 months of data, I need the average of the sum of all non blank entries. For example 3 months completed, the solution in Excel is (field1+field2+field3)/3 I am looking for method to average the sum in Access One way if you can't change your data is to use a VBA function. I've posted one below. You would call it in a calculated field in a query. Assuming your field names are the abbreviated month names the expression might look like the following. Field: fRow...

Date Range Formula Question
Hello, I'm having trouble with a formula and I'm hoping someone can help. :confused: Sample Data Includes the following: Pay Period Start Pay Period End Pay Period # 12/16/01 12/29/01 26 12/30/01 01/12/02 25 01/13/01 01/26/02 24 01/27/02 02/09/02 23 02/10/02 02/23/02 22 The pay periods continue until there are 26 pay periods for the entire year....

HELP!!! 08-30-03
please elp me. my mom is a medical transcriber and she has a dictionary she uses through windows 98. and her comp has no memory, so we need to update her operating system inoder to put more memory on there. she needs her dictionary and i was wandering how to access it and if possible how to save it on to a cd. thank you for ur time Dear jason you have to have a dictornary corect i have one i could email you if you like just email me back i mean i use this dictornary really well and it works for 95-Xp so if you want give me a hollar ok peace out danny "jason" <jasonr_206@hotm...

help with installation isue
Hope this is correct NG When I try to run `Karens replicator` (for external backup) My PC automatically runs an installation for publisher 2003 and then gives error message........... Istallation error require file SKU019.CAB then asks for original CD to be inserted. Publisher still works ok I can`t see what the relationship between the 2 are, how do I stop this trying to install? thanks -- Rent a villa in Turkey http://www.freewebs.com/turkeyrent/ I would suggest aksing the folks over at karenware.com. http://www.karenware.com/powertools/troubl...

HR Help menu
The Help menu is not available in the Employee file screen. Also there is not at this time any french version help menu available with HR. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/de...

need to make a formula that would add a field value to current dat
I have made a form in which I input different values. On of the values is (How Many Days). Now I need to a assign a default value, or expression (not sure which way to go about this) that will take the date value for (Date) and add the value (How Many Days) I figured that the formula should read =sum([Date]+[How Many Days]) But that is not giving me any results, thanx for your help in advance =DateDiff("d", Date(), [How Many Days]) -- Wayne Manchester, England. "J Man" wrote: > I have made a form in which I input different values. On of the values is ...

Barcodes Code
I am trying to print a barcode in the 128 code. Though it seems the public domain/GPL ones of the truetype do not print a scanable barcode. Is there any suggestions... Or if anyone can point me into the right direction on how to do this or point me in direction of one that will work with access or excel 2000 or 2003. Much appreciated. Or help me figure out WHY it isnt producing a readable one in 128.. Hi Lester, Perhaps the problem is with the resolution on your printer. Try printing the barcode larger. Perhaps even turn off print to fit under print, page setup. --- HTH, David McRi...

Evaluate Yes/No Field Based on User Input
Hi. I have a field that is set to Yes/No. I want to ask the user a question and based on their response (whether they type yes or no) I want the query to check the field and return all records marked yes is they type yes and all other records if they type no. How can I do this? Also, could I present them with a simple text box (having yes and no choices) or maybe a check box so they won't have to type anything? If you help me with the first part, this question is a bonus. I'll be happy with just the first question answered. Thanks! A Yes/No field actually stores -...

Help please #8
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C6D1D3.B9AB1720 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm having this error message. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: Service Control=20 Event ID: 8231 Date: 9/6/2006 Time: 4:39:10 PM User: N/A Computer: MAIL Description: Permanent failure reported by policy group provider for 'CN=3DSystem = Policies,CN=3DDOMAIN,CN=3DMicrosoft = Exchange,CN=3DServices,CN=3DConfiguration,DC=3DDOMAIN,DC=3Dcom':'MAD.EXE'= ,...

Re:Help with verifying the signature of enveloped -message using x509 certificates.
Re:Help with verifying the signature of enveloped -message using x509 certificates. Hey Friends, I have an xml given by our partner trying to integrating with us and i have their certificate with public key installed in both personal and trusted people folders. when i am using the following code to check the signature of message signed by my certificate i am able to verify the signature but when i am trying to check the signature of the message of our partner using the same following code i am not able to verify the message. the message sent by our partner is right below the code.I wou...

Compile error: User-defined type not defined
HiThis error popped up on this line of code:Dim db as DatabaseApart from the obvious self contradiction (defined .. not defined),what can possibly be wrong with this statement. I have used it beforein numerous other projects?Stapes On Mar 7, 1:29 pm, "Stapes" <steve.sta...@gmail.com> wrote:> Hi>> This error popped up on this line of code:>> Dim db as Database>> Apart from the obvious self contradiction (defined .. not defined),> what can possibly be wrong with this statement. I have used it before> in numerous other projects?>> StapesDepending o...

The code below worked for a few days and just totally stopped working. What can I do to make sure it continues to work? Thanks!
The code below worked for a few days and just totally stopped working. What can I do to make sure it continues to work? Thanks! ----- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim C As Range, D As Range Set D = Intersect(Range("A:A"), Target) If D Is Nothing Then Exit Sub For Each C In D On Error Resume Next Target.Offset(0, 6).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-2]&RC[-5]" ' - For Column E Target.Offset(0, 7).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-2]&RC[-5]" ' - For Column F Target.Offset(0, 9).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(RC7,I.O.! R2C1:R5...

Payee field is too small
CHECK CRD PURCHASE 08/14 CHIPOTL That's what my bank, Wells Fargo, downloads into my Payee field in money for a burrito at Chipotle. The bank's online account history gives the store's full name, location and some additional transaction reference numbers but it was all cut off at the 32nd character! Why does the available space in the Payee field on the screen stretch out so much further than this meager limit? Also, the payee rules manager needs to be a little more powerful to accommodate my bank's weird payee descriptions since the date of each transaction is put i...

Help needed please
I am running Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2002 as the client connection. On a couple of machine it has not been possible to send mails. When mails are sent to this machine from the Internet, they are received but those sent from the internal exchange do not get delivered. When the user connect through Outlook Web Access, the mails are sitting there. I have tried to reinstall Outlook a number of times but all I get when I click Send/Receive mail from the exchange server is this error message: "The operation failed due to a registry or installation problem. Restart Outlook and try ag...

Add working hours to date field
We offer computer support based on a certain response time in hours. I want to have a date field, on the case form, to automatically set x WORKING hours ahead, usually 8 hours. The actually hour value will be pulled from a contract. Does anyone know if this is possible or am I shooting way too high? ...

Highly configurable (or additional) data types should be available
Because CRM solutions need to be extremely flexible to meet the needs of each unique deployment, I think that the CRM team should consider adding more configuration options for existing data types, or add more data types. For example, I would like to be able to configure an Integer field that uses thousands separators, and one that does not. This type of scenario can arise when different business units within one deployment have different needs for their types of data that are associated with common entities. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft respon...

Services won't stop! HELP!
I do offline backups of all our remote Exchange 2003 servers. A batch file is run with a series of "net stop" commands the shuts down all the Exchange services, and then kicks off the backup. I just noticed that the batch file is no longer able to stop most of the services! When i run it manually, it just says "The xyz service is stopping........................" The "....." just keep going and going and the service never stops. What could cause this?? On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 14:41:29 -0500, "jim" <jim@NOSPAM.com> wrote: >I do offline ...

Advanced Filter help
Hi All I'm trying to filter a list using advanced filter. The problem i'm having is that i'm picking up records i do not want, even if i use the unique record check box. let me give you an example! My record i want to pick up is code: 009/04025, however it seems to give me all codes starting with 009/04025 eg 009/04025C, 009/04025CG, 009/04025SD etc. The only item i want filtered is 009/04025. Is there maybe a wildcard or something i should be using?? Thx Anthony Set up a criteria range, say X1:X2, where X1 houses the label heading the codes and X2 the formula: ="=009/...

Pivot Table Customize functions in the Data Field
Hi all, I want to find out if it is possible to create custom formulas in the data field of a pivot table. I need to to show: Fleets of vehicles. How many of a particular fleet a particular company has on hand. A percentage of how much of that companies fleet is not operational. If no maintinane is completed between Now() and the end of the reporting period, What the % of maintenance failure we will have for a fleet. I think the best way to accomplish this is a pivot table but the built in functions are not going to handle the calculations I need. -- Thanks, Patrick PS, Don't ...

HELP!! Exchange 2003 and rules in outlook
Hi, When I define a rule in outlook2003 for a mailbox on a Exchange 2003 which defines that a mail should be forwarded to an external email address it doesn't work. Nothing can be found of it in message tracking. However, if I define a email address inside the organisation on that same rule it works without problems and I can see the full details in message tracking. I tried creating a contact with the external address (a hotmail address for example) and defining it in the rule but that doesn't work either. Any clues? Thanks Glenn Here's an alternate way of achieving t...