DB Mail is is not working. Need help please.

I have try stop and start the db mail by executing the SPs below but no luck.
 Does anyone has seem the error below and how to fix it.

Thanks in advance for your advise/help.

--steps
USE msdb;
go
EXECute sysmail_stop_sp;
go
EXECute sysmail_start_sp;
go

EXECute sysmail_help_queue_sp @queue_type = 'Mail';
go

queue_type length      state
           last_empty_rowset_time  last_activated_time
---------- -----------
----------------------- -----------------------
mail       3           [red]INACTIVE[/red]
                      2010-05-04 22:26:16.850 2010-05-04 22:31:46.840

Error message:

ate		5/4/2010 3:26:21 PM
Log		Database Mail (Database Mail Log)

Log ID		2346
Process ID		1032
Last Modified		5/4/2010 3:26:21 PM

Message
1) Exception Information
===================
Exception Type:
Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Common.BaseException
Message: The Transaction not longer valid.
Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite: Void ValidateConnectionAndTransaction()
HelpLink: NULL
Source: DatabaseMailEngine

StackTrace Information
===================
   at
Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.DataAccess.ConnectionManager.ValidateConnectionAndTransaction()
   at
Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.DataAccess.ConnectionManager.RollbackTransaction()
   at
Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.IMailProcess.QueueItemProcesser.GetDataFromQueue(DataAccessAdapter da, Int32 lifetimeMinimumSec)
   at
Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.IMailProcess.QueueItemProcesser.ProcessQueueItems(String
dbName, String dbServerName, Int32 lifetimeMinimumSec, LogLevel loggingLevel)

On Tue, 4 May 2010 15:40:01 -0700, LN <LN@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have try stop and start the db mail by executing the SPs below but no luck.
> Does anyone has seem the error below and how to fix it.
>
>Thanks in advance for your advise/help.
>
>--steps
>USE msdb;
>go
>EXECute sysmail_stop_sp;
>go
>EXECute sysmail_start_sp;
>go
>
>EXECute sysmail_help_queue_sp @queue_type = 'Mail';
>go
>
>queue_type length      state
>           last_empty_rowset_time  last_activated_time
>---------- -----------
>----------------------- -----------------------
>mail       3           [red]INACTIVE[/red]
>                      2010-05-04 22:26:16.850 2010-05-04 22:31:46.840
>
>Error message:
>
>ate		5/4/2010 3:26:21 PM
>Log		Database Mail (Database Mail Log)
>
>Log ID		2346
>Process ID		1032
>Last Modified		5/4/2010 3:26:21 PM
>
>Message
>1) Exception Information
>===================
>Exception Type:
>Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Common.BaseException
>Message: The Transaction not longer valid.
>Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
>TargetSite: Void ValidateConnectionAndTransaction()
>HelpLink: NULL
>Source: DatabaseMailEngine
>
>StackTrace Information
>===================
>   at
>Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.DataAccess.ConnectionManager.ValidateConnectionAndTransaction()
>   at
>Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.DataAccess.ConnectionManager.RollbackTransaction()
>   at
>Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.IMailProcess.QueueItemProcesser.GetDataFromQueue(DataAccessAdapter da, Int32 lifetimeMinimumSec)
>   at
>Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.IMailProcess.QueueItemProcesser.ProcessQueueItems(String
>dbName, String dbServerName, Int32 lifetimeMinimumSec, LogLevel loggingLevel)

You don't check the return status of he first two procedures to see if
they worked.

What does sysmail_help_status_sp return? Can you run
sysmail_help_queue_sp on it's own if it is started?

John
0
John

Help please
Hi I'm running outlook 2000. I have a considerable number of old emails that outlook will not let me delete, I get the message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error, if the problem presists restart outlook". Obviously I have tried re-starting outlook but this doesn't help. I have also run the inbox repair tool which does not report any errors. Is there any way I can work on and edit the 'outlook.pst' file directly? These emails are annoying and I would like to get back to a clean listing. Any assistance is much appreciated. Cheers Jem How l...

ATTN: Ed Crowley (RE:Services won't stop! HELP!)
Here's the exact text of the batch file to stop the services for an offline backup.. It used to work perfectly up to about the last month or so. I've tried changing the order of the services being stopped, but i can't seem to find the "sweet spot". None of the services are set to restart automatically. c:\windows\system32\net stop ntrtscan /Y c:\windows\system32\net stop OfcPfwSvc /Y c:\windows\system32\net stop tmlisten /Y c:\windows\system32\net stop w3svc /Y c:\windows\system32\net stop SMTPSVC /Y c:\windows\system32\net stop HTTPFilter /Y c:\windows\system32\n...

Perhaps not an outlook problem, but maybe a setting change will help.
Hello, I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Vista Business system. I use it to monitor four email accounts, one POP mail from my work, a gmail account, and two POP accounts from my ISP (Bell), who contracted their mail service to Microsoft some years ago. The two non-ISP accounts work perfectly and are very reliable, but intermittently, one or the other of the ISP accounts start rejecting the username and password, which I know is correct. If I go to the web mail interface and test the username and password - there's no problem, unless the login server really, really is broken, w...

Cannot send mails through Outlook
Good Day, Our Exchange 2003 Server with Service Pack 1 on a Server 2003 machine without Service Pack 1 is on the fritz. We were having problems with the SMTP protocol not responding after an hour or so and decided to try to replicate the server to a new server on the network. The server was installed and we tried to use Vertitas Backup Exec 9.1 to restore a backup of our Exchange First Information Store to that server. Veritas errored out saying that: "Restore - \\CARLMAIL\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group Error: The database Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE) must be creat...

Change Junk E-mail SCL
I found out one day that you could change the SCL of what messages will be moved to Junk E-mail folder in Outlook. Does anyone know how this is done and also what is the default SCL level that is filtered to junk E-mail folder? GC GauiC <gudjonmar@gmail.com> wrote: > I found out one day that you could change the SCL of what messages > will be moved to Junk E-mail folder in Outlook. Who told you that was possible? > Does anyone know how this is done and also what is the default SCL > level that is filtered to junk E-mail folder? As far as I can tell, there is no &quo...

Please quote.dot for 1.2 its really urgent

Urgent help: gal sync 03 & 07
Hi all, Forest A has exchnage 2003 and forest B has exchange 2007 From my test, When I create forest A (a.com) GAL MA and create forest B (b.com) GAL MA, when I run forest A GAL MA export, it will export forest A users to forest B as contacts (contact's primary email address is a.com). If I run the two powershell script (Get-EmailAddressPolicy | Update-EmailAddressPolicy Get-AddressList | Update-AddressList ) in the forest B exchange 2007 server, will it change these contacts (from forest A) to b.com? Here are profiles running order: (forest A has exchange 2003 and for...

Mouse scroll wheel does not work under Windows XP in CListCtrl
I am using my own List-Controls which are using CListCtrl as base. In this Controls the mouse scroll wheel does not work under Windows XP. Is there any parameter which should be set? Best regards rolf brockmann On Tue, 23 May 2006 02:51:01 -0700, rolfb <rolfb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using my own List-Controls which are using CListCtrl as base. >In this Controls the mouse scroll wheel does not work under Windows XP. >Is there any parameter which should be set? It ought to just work. If you are using Intellipoint, note that later versions of Intellipoint requir...

Sitemap works ok but asp:Menu drop downs are blank
My drop downs for asp:Menu are simply white rectangles. However my site map works ok. Do you know what might cause that? Thanks Cal Who wrote: > My drop downs for asp:Menu are simply white rectangles. > > However my site map works ok. > > Do you know what might cause that? > > > > Thanks Maybe one of these: Transparent drop-down Menu and disappearing menu text - http://windowsxp.mvps.org/transmenu.htm Several dialog boxes are blank: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831430 "About" box is completely blank; Una...

need help with formula on summary page
I need help setting up a formula on a summary page. I have a ton of worsheets that are all set up the same. My summary page is set up differently but I need the total off each tab linked back to my summary page. I am working in Column Q and the info I need is in cell F28 on each sheet. An example of my formula now is ='T-4-1'!$F$28. Thanks in advance Zach f Try this one Zach f http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary2.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "zach f" <zachf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6EBBC383-B4C3-4B46-BE72-...

Need product key for Office XP Developer
Please take pity on the absent minded. Back in the heyday of Office XP, I never had the need to set up the developer tools for it. I was a subscriber to MSDN Universal so have all of the DVDs. I just never jumped through their hoops of going on the MSDN site to lookup the product and get the key. I didn't need it then. Now it's out of support and the keys for obsolete products are no longer available from MS. My email address is readily decodable. I'll be most grateful. Thanks -- -Larry- -- To anyone who may have been digging in their archives on my behalf; Thanks, but ...

Help, help! desparate for formula help!!
I need somone to tell me a formula to copy and paste into a cell in my excel worksheet. I need this for work today! Can't figure it out. Here's what I need: If SUM(C4:O4) is greater than 40, then SUM(C4:O4)-40, but if SUM(C4:O4)is equal or less than 40, then 0 Now how the heck do I make a formula with that? Please help! Try =IF(SUM(C4:O4)>40,SUM(C4:O4)-40,0) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "How do I?" wrote: > I need somone to tell me a formula to copy and paste into a cell in my excel > worksheet. I need this for work today! Can't figure i...

Red TransparencyKey Not Working on Non Development Computer
I created a simple program that does little more than display a bitmap on the screen so that I could try out the TransparancyKey property. Any color in the window that matches the TransparencyKey should be transparent, so that users see whatever is behind the window at those points, rather than the window itself. I set FormBorderStyle to none, BackgroundImage to an embedded bitmap, BackColor to Red and TransparencyKey to Red. The bitmap is the same size as the window's client area. It uses only two colors, Green and Red. The Red it uses is the same as the TransparencyKey. ...

print multiple mail with attachment
Outlook 2000 UK SR-1 Corporate or Workgroup. When selecting multiple mail with some attachment(word, excel) and some with out, the mail with attachments are not always printed together. There is none follow up line in printing. And I know that it became that Word have to start-up or Excel. But is there not a possibility that the mail with the attachment keep together when printing? You might want to take a look at this add-ins for that; http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Print-On-Demand.asp?Source=RS or a more advanced one http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Auto-Print.asp?Sourc...

Template Help Task Pane is being a pain!
I've got a Worksheet template and it's been saved. Now every time I pull it up to work with it the Template Help Task Pane opens up too! I've looked around for a way to turn it off to no avail. Any hints? Barry Excel 2003 Help>Online Content Settings Uncheck "Show Template help etc." Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 10:44:04 -0500, "Barry" <retiredndakota@gwtc.net> wrote: >I've got a Worksheet template and it's been saved. >Now every time I pull it up to work with it the Template Help Task Pane...

(right click)>Send To>Mail Recipient... not working...?
On my computer at work, I noticed today that if I right click on a file, choose send to: "Mail Recipient" , instead of bringing up a new email loaded with the file etc... it brings up my MSN Explorer log on screen. I checked and I do have Outlook set as the default email client so why is not acting correctly? I have the same setup at home and it works correctly (brings up a new email loaded with an attached file of choice). is there a way to choose somewhere (setting, registry etc) what comes up when I right click menu -send to- mail recipient? "99XJ" <rnwrede...

Sumproduct Help 02-25-10
Let's say I have in column A a series of strings, and in Column B either "Yes" or "No". I would like to count the number of occurrences where I have a certain sub-string (say "XYZ") in the cell in column A, and where the cell in column B in the same row is "No". Do this for rows 2 to 100. I can use =COUNTIF(A2:A100,"*XYZ*") to get the first count, but I can't figure out how to combine it with the second criterion of "No" in column B. Is this a good time to use SUMPRODUCT, which I have yet to learn? Thanks, ...

Applying message rules to incoming mail
I have set up specific rules to prevent messages with certian words from loading to my computer from the srver but they are coming in anyway. I have tried all options as to where they should go. I cannot get the rules to automatically apply. Have to go in to Message Rules and hit Apply Now to make it work each time What am I not doing or doing wrong. Are these rules with words in the message body? Delete it from server won't work because the message has to be downloaded before the rule can read the message body. In general: Have all rules that Delete it from server fir...

CRM E-mail in Draft Folder
When sending e-mail from CRM, the sent e-mail is going to the Drafts folder in Outlook. The e-mails are not showing up in the Sent folder yet recipients are receiving the e-mail. Any ideas on why this is happening? Thanks. We had this issue as well, and it was an issue where the user composing the mail was leaving the mail unsent open for longer then the default time of 3 minutes in Outlook. I set the users to save to drafts after 15minutes, and it has solved my issue. Hope this helps, Scott Thanks. I'll try it. "frappe33@gmail.com" wrote: > We had this issue a...

Exchange 2003 Locking Up -Help!
The Current Sessions in the SMTP Virtual Service builds up until it reaches 60 sessions and then the SMTP service stops working completely. If I reboot, all the messages are cleared out and sent but it quickly rebuilds up to the 60 sesssions. If anyone knows what this is, I need help! It just started today. The sessions look like connections to attempt to deliver email messages but they never succeed and then go away. I uninstalled smtp service and then re-installed, then i re-installed Exchange 2003 and it seemed to work for about 5 minutes and then it was back to locking up. HE...

Dell vs Dell. Please help.
Hi, As I think many of you know already, Dell Computers are on their way to crush a guy who makes web sites. Why? Because his name happens to be Paul Dell, and his site is consequently http://www.dellwebsites.com/ That Dell Computers don't make web sites at all doesn't worry them a bit. They just do as most multinational corporations; steam rolling people as they see fit and using their wealth to do it. They have sued Paul for hundreds of thousands of dollars. Michael Dell, the founder and chairman of Dell, is personally worth about USD 18 billion which is more than the GDP of...

Have E-mails available in 2 Locations to View
Is it possible (and easy) to configure 2 PC's to have the same e-mails? What I'm think of, instead of synchronizing via a memory stick that I would share out the "Outlook.pst" file which would be located on PC-1 in Location-1 over our network, then when I am in my remote location, my PC-2 in location-2 will look at this "Outlook.pst" file, thus having the same e-mails and not duplicates. We don't run Windows server just stand alone PC on a peer-to-peer network. Would what I have detailed above work? I'm just assuming that you can't have both PC&#...

Help #27
I have downloaded a program called "Incredimail". It was great, but now I got difficulties as I need to go back to Microsoft Outlook for business matter. Anyone could help how to transfer my old message from "Incredimail" (ext. imm or something like that). Another thing, how to move the message from "Hotmail" Folder to the Personal Folder's Inbox without moving each message one by one ? Thanks .. ...

Can't Reply messages................HELP
I cant seem to reply messages both in outlook 2003 and outlook 2007. every time i reply to a sender not in my address book the senders name appears on the "to" field but not the addresses. How do i fix this..... Help What happens when you send? The address is not shown if it is not part of the display name. When you right click the address and choose Outlook Properties, do you see their address then? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://w...

Help! Can't Import Quicken 2001 Deluxe Data into MS Money 2004 Standard
Hello, I have a relatively new Compaq Desktop (2.5 GHz Celeron with 512 MB RAM). I have a Viewsonic Pocket PC and I wanted to use it to track my financial data so I purchased Money 2004 Standard. I tried several times to convert my Qucken Data (it's a big file--I've been using Quicken since 1995). My Quicken program is Quicken 2001 Deluxe. Anyway, the MS Money program started to convert and after a few minutes said: "Your Quicken file could not be converted. Money could not convert your Quicken file. You might have run out of disk space or system memory. Try closing othe...