Could not cleanup worktable IAM chains to allow shrink or remove file operation. Please try again when tempdb is idle

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB1448.E88B1160

Hi all,

I'm getting this message when trying to clear tempdb

DBCC SHRINKDATABASE (tempdb, 10) WITH NO_INFOMSGS=20

Msg 5054, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Could not cleanup worktable IAM chains to allow shrink or remove file =
operation.  Please try again when tempdb is idle.
Msg 5054, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Could not cleanup worktable IAM chains to allow shrink or remove file =
operation.  Please try again when tempdb is idle.

Other then restarting sql, is there another way to shrink the tempdb?

Thanks,

gv

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB1448.E88B1160

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Hi all,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>I'm getting this message when trying to clear=20
tempdb</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><FONT color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>
<P>DBCC</FONT></FONT><FONT size=3D2> SHRINKDATABASE</FONT><FONT =
color=3D#0000ff=20
size=3D2><FONT color=3D#0000ff size=3D2> </FONT></FONT><FONT =
color=3D#808080=20
size=3D2><FONT color=3D#808080 size=3D2>(</FONT></FONT><FONT =
size=3D2>tempdb</FONT><FONT=20
color=3D#808080 size=3D2><FONT color=3D#808080 =
size=3D2>,</FONT></FONT><FONT size=3D2>=20
10</FONT><FONT color=3D#808080 size=3D2><FONT color=3D#808080=20
size=3D2>)</FONT></FONT><FONT size=3D2> </FONT><FONT color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2><FONT=20
color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>WITH</FONT></FONT><FONT size=3D2> </FONT><FONT =
color=3D#0000ff=20
size=3D2><FONT color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>NO_INFOMSGS</FONT></FONT><FONT =
size=3D2>=20
</FONT></P></DIV>
<DIV>
<P><FONT face=3DArial>Msg 5054, Level 16, State 1, Line 1<BR>Could not =
cleanup=20
worktable IAM chains to allow shrink or remove file operation.&nbsp; =
Please try=20
again when tempdb is idle.<BR>Msg 5054, Level 16, State 1, Line =
1<BR>Could not=20
cleanup worktable IAM chains to allow shrink or remove file =
operation.&nbsp;=20
Please try again when tempdb is idle.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial>Other then restarting sql, is there another way to =
shrink=20
the tempdb?</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial>Thanks,</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial>gv</FONT></P></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB1448.E88B1160--

0
gv

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01CB144D.F3A51230

this did it.
   =20
use tempdb
go
dbcc shrinkfile (tempdev, 5000)
go

thanks,

gv

=20

  "gv" <viator.gerry@gmail.com> wrote in message =
  Hi all,

  I'm getting this message when trying to clear tempdb

  DBCC SHRINKDATABASE (tempdb, 10) WITH NO_INFOMSGS=20

  Msg 5054, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
  Could not cleanup worktable IAM chains to allow shrink or remove file =
operation.  Please try again when tempdb is idle.
  Msg 5054, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
  Could not cleanup worktable IAM chains to allow shrink or remove file =
operation.  Please try again when tempdb is idle.

  Other then restarting sql, is there another way to shrink the tempdb?

  Thanks,

  gv

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01CB144D.F3A51230

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>this did it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff><FONT color=3D#0000ff><FONT color=3D#000000=20
face=3DArial>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>use tempdb<BR>go</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>
<P><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial>dbcc shrinkfile (tempdev,=20
5000)<BR>go</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial>thanks,</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial>gv</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=3D#000000 =
face=3DArial>&nbsp;</FONT></FONT></FONT></P></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"=20
dir=3Dltr>
  <DIV>"gv" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:viator.gerry@gmail.com">viator.gerry@gmail.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
  message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:%23BZ7wpGFLHA.5736@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl">news:%23BZ7wpGFLHA.=
5736@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Hi all,</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>I'm getting this message when trying to clear=20
  tempdb</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><FONT color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>
  <P>DBCC</FONT></FONT><FONT size=3D2> SHRINKDATABASE</FONT><FONT =
color=3D#0000ff=20
  size=3D2><FONT color=3D#0000ff size=3D2> </FONT></FONT><FONT =
color=3D#808080=20
  size=3D2><FONT color=3D#808080 size=3D2>(</FONT></FONT><FONT=20
  size=3D2>tempdb</FONT><FONT color=3D#808080 size=3D2><FONT =
color=3D#808080=20
  size=3D2>,</FONT></FONT><FONT size=3D2> 10</FONT><FONT color=3D#808080 =
size=3D2><FONT=20
  color=3D#808080 size=3D2>)</FONT></FONT><FONT size=3D2> </FONT><FONT =
color=3D#0000ff=20
  size=3D2><FONT color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>WITH</FONT></FONT><FONT =
size=3D2> </FONT><FONT=20
  color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><FONT color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2>NO_INFOMSGS</FONT></FONT><FONT=20
  size=3D2> </FONT></P></DIV>
  <DIV>
  <P><FONT face=3DArial>Msg 5054, Level 16, State 1, Line 1<BR>Could not =
cleanup=20
  worktable IAM chains to allow shrink or remove file operation.&nbsp; =
Please=20
  try again when tempdb is idle.<BR>Msg 5054, Level 16, State 1, Line =
1<BR>Could=20
  not cleanup worktable IAM chains to allow shrink or remove file=20
  operation.&nbsp; Please try again when tempdb is idle.</FONT></P>
  <P><FONT face=3DArial>Other then restarting sql, is there another way =
to shrink=20
  the tempdb?</FONT></P>
  <P><FONT face=3DArial>Thanks,</FONT></P>
  <P><FONT face=3DArial>gv</FONT></P></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01CB144D.F3A51230--

0
gv

Syntax error (missing operator) 04-06-10
Hi, I used the following code supplied by Rick Brandt to a message from a 2005 post "Open Forms in Hidden Mode" where user was using one form to open another form to extract data. Dim db as Database Dim rs as Recordset Dim strSQL as String strSQL = "SELECT FieldName " & _ "FROM TableName " & _ "WHERE SomeField = SomeValue" Set db = CurrentDB Set rs = db.OpenRecordset(strSQL, dbOpenSnapshot) If rs.EOF = True Then 'No matching records found (do whatever) Else 'In here values can be extracted by... SomeVariable = rs!Fi...

Using cell reference with logical operator in DGET expression
I am using DGET to search an array in the worksheet to find a particular percent to use in a calculation elsewhere in the spreadsheet. The row members of the array contain a series of from and to values that I use to identify which row has the percent I am looking for. I have defined the array as a range and I can use the logical operatirs with numeric values in the range criteria and everything works fine. For example, I can use <500 in the appropriate cell in range criteria to find the percent to use when the value for that column in the array is less than 500. All working f...

Subfor delete not allowed
Hi All, I know i am missing soething here but i can't seem to explain this condition. The condition exists with all of my forms that contain subforms. A DB table contains 2 fields, School_name and Unit_number (it is intended to track which Scout units draw from which schools) both fields are many to many relationships. A school may have many units drawing scouts from it and unit may draw from many school but no duplicates are allowd. So both unit_number and School_name are joint keys in the School-Unit Table. Each of these is linked to its own tables called Schools (Sch...

How do I remove ~WRL0000.tmp files?
Two days ago one of my MS Word folders I was working in started to accumulate a lot of ~WRL1234.tmp files. Usually these disappear after I leave the folder, but today they're still there. How can I delete them? And how can I reset things so they don't start accumulating again? Many Thanks. See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. Tim wrote: > Two days ago one of my...

Removing site sections
Is it possible to remove entire sections/concepts from the CRM system? For instance, I'd like to get rid of the Opportunities in CRM. How would I go about that? Thanks. -GS You could restrict access to that area via security. "--" <bizilly@NOTCOLDmail.com> wrote in message news:gdudnZmwO6jM7SOiRVn-gw@speakeasy.net... Is it possible to remove entire sections/concepts from the CRM system? For instance, I'd like to get rid of the Opportunities in CRM. How would I go about that? Thanks. -GS ...

Excel 2000 tries to open unrecognizable file on startup
Hi, For the last couple of weeks, when I first open Excel I get a Microsoft Excel Error pop-up window that says "This file is not in a recognizable format....". I am uncertain what file it is trying to open, but when I click "cancel" it opens books1.xls. Which I usually ignore and go into "open file" and pick my excel file. Any idea what is going on? Win98 Excel 2000 -- Thanks - Jeff Jeff I suspect one of two things 1) Excel opens all files in it xlStart folder. Search for this and remove anything without an .xls, xlt extension 2) If you go to Tools&g...

Exchange Crash -- all we have is the ispriv.edb file
Hello all -- A client of mine never did any exchange 2003 backups, but did copy over the ispriv.edb file over to an external USB harddrive. All we want to do is pull the email out of that directory (8GB file) and put it into .pst files. Then, Ill reinstall Exchange, and open each person's mail box and copy the contents of each .PST file back to the server. My question is: If I only have the ISPRIV.EDB file, how do I get mail out of it ? Is there some super cool easy to use tool for this? ;-) Any help appreciated!! Sincerely, Blake http://wm.quest.com/products/recoverymanage...

.pst file is maxed out - HELP
Apparently I have reached the maximum size of my outlook.pst file (see attached error message). I have tried deleting items but nothing I do seems to have any effect and I continue to get the attached error message. Therefore the eMail part of Outlook is disabled. Anyone got any pointers? XP Pro SP-2/Outlook 2003. Already using .pst format for database. Thanks, No image attached. Post a link, rather than an attachment. See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/o...

combine multiple excel file in to one excel file and multiple worksheet
I am wanting to use the following code to combine worksheets from multiple files. However I would like to be able to select folder which contains files in a more automated way that having to change the code every time, and also copy all worksheets with links and formulas removed. Any help on this is greatly appreciated as I have limited code knowledge. Sub Copy_them() > Dim TargetWkbk As Workbook > Dim mrgWkbk As Workbook > Dim i As Long > Dim Wks As Worksheet > Dim fName As String > Application.ScreenUpdating = False > Set TargetWkbk ...

how i can change default file format Outlook uses to save message
I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages to as "Outlook Message Format - Unicode" ?????? Rajkumar <Rajkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. > "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". > How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages...

Uploading Back to the Yahoo server...Please Help
Dear Member of this Help Forum; please help..please help me because i have lost all my important emails and i am so depressed...so sad....please Help....i HAVE SEARCHED THIS FROUM BUT NO ONE HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE.... My story and what i have done : I have a "Yahoo Small Business Account" with domain name and hosting, and 3 email address from that account. i used to use NO EMAIL CLIENT LIKE OUTLOOK at all and i used to save all my emails on yahoo servers and using yahoo normal email website to read, send and save all my emails...untill tonight! tonight i set up outlook 200...

Removing web access from outlook address bar
Is there a way to remove or restrict someone's access to the web from the address bar in outlook 2002? I have users who do not have IE priviledges but are able to slide the address bar over and type in a web address to get to websites. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Can you block their web access at the firewall? Perhaps this is not a technical problem but rather a behavior problem. If these people are employees (or children) perhaps you need to create a policy that forbids them doing this along with some consequences for violating it. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, On...

Mpeg Video file
Please help. When I copy and paste an Mpeg movie file / AVI file into my Publisher 2000 system i can then right click and "Change Object", "Media Clip" and "Edit" this allows me to seardch through the video to find the still frame i want and have this then inserted into the document. This works fine on my computer but on my friends computer does not work, the publisher version is the same and the imported video is the same, when he attempts to do the same it comes up with Change package and does not allow him to edit the video at all, I think there must be ...

Missing file still....
I tried running detect and repair and reinstall. Outlook still looks for sku1ca.cab file .... Someone please HELP. -Kyle did you have different versions or suites of office installed? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Kyle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b9fc01c420fa$8a7ce410$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I tried running detec...

My excel file is too large (5 mb) when it shouldn't be, why?
I have an excel file has ballooned in size for some reason. I have tried to copy all the cells and then used "paste special" to paste just the values and the file size doesn't reduce. I am copying numbers from an investment website into my spreadsheet and there don't appear to be any issues with the pasted cells but I suspect it is causing the file size expansion and very slow performance. I then deleted all the cells around by spreadsheet and it didn't help at all. All suggestions as to how I can fix this problem appreciated. Kenview If you do a Ctl-End, does...

Error created when try to Print Preview or Print
When try to print or print preview system is generating an error: "Print titles must be contiguous and complete rows or columns." Used excel for years ever seen this error before. Using Excel 2007 on Vista, we just upgraded to SP2 for both systems. After testing a few times, I notice that system is generating a Name Range with no referencing cell range, the name range is called Print_Titles. If I delete the name range it removes the error message and able to use print preview and able to print. Notice it is occurring more ofter when client is copying a worksheet to ...

Money is trying to change my Internet Explorer Security settings.
Every time I use MS Money Deluxe 2007 it tries to change my Internet Explorer Security settings. What is it trying to change specifically and how can I stop it permanently from doing that? -- Howard ...

Do no allow GP windows in 10.0 to act as separate applications
Do no allow GP windows in 10.0 to act as separate applications. This is a very annoying change in version 10.0. If I open 5 windows in GP and then go to a different application such as Outlook, when I go back to GP, I have to click on every one of my windows in the task bar in order to have them show again. It's a lot of wasted mouse clicks. I would expect that when I click on the main application in my task bar, all of my windows I had open would also be showing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most v...

backup file size
I've noticed that my backup file size varies considerably. Sometimes its very close to the origonal file size and sometimes its more than 25% larger. Why? In microsoft.public.money, jerry wrote: >I've noticed that my backup file size varies >considerably. Sometimes its very close to the origonal >file size and sometimes its more than 25% larger. Why? You probably did not set Tools->Options->MakeMyFileSmall... "jerry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:079001c39eb1$491ea150$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I've noticed that m...

how to produce a csv file from a unicode-saved text file
Friends, I have an excel spreadsheet (version 2000) that has Japanese characters. I would like to save it as unicode text file so that I can FTP it to my unix box for loading into an Oracle database. When I save the file as unicode text, it properly preserves the characters, but using whitespace as the delimiters. I would like to change this to a csv, but when I save as the file as CSV, the Japanese characters turn into set of ?? symbols. Is there any way around to create the unicode text file with delimiters other than whitespace? Thanks for any ideas. - Sal ...

Remove discontinued inventory
Is it possible to remove inventory with the item type of Discontinued? I know that it can be done through the inventory year-end close, but was wondering if it was possible to do it at any other time without affecting other records. Thanks to all! Dan, yes, you can remove any item at any time but you first have to make sure it doesn't appear in any transactions (Sales Order, PO, MO, etc) and remove the item's transaction history. You do this under Inventory>Utilities>Remove History. Once you've removed history, you can delete the item(s). Make sure you back-up your d...

Can I import a .pdf file into publisher
I tried to copy and paste from InDesign and it did not work. Can you import any type of file into publisher. Example: .pdf or .eps No. Publisher is pretty much a stand all by itself program. If you can't copy and paste into it, you're kind of sorely out of luck. You can put pictures into a Pub file but you can't go back and edit the individual parts of them, such as text. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Graphix grl" <Graphixgrl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88493145-8B59-4131-AD33-C916D22CF63C@microsoft.com... >I tried...

Blocked and safe senders file in Outlook 2003
Hi, I am wondering where outlook 2003 saves the address that you add to the safe sender/recipient and blocked sender list. Outlook XP saved the junk senders in a file called "Junk senders" in C:\Documents and Settings\my_id\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook I used to backup that file, so I would like to know where Outlook keeps the file now. Thank you The lists are kept in binary values in the Windows registry and also in a hidden item in the mail store (mailbox or PST file). Both lists are kept in one multivalued property although no one has decoded it yet, the bits also s...

Try on corrective update
--bedhrrmk Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="hjpjsgpgnoozjuaed"; type="multipart/alternative" --hjpjsgpgnoozjuaed Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="hvvdwctiv" --hvvdwctiv Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to prote...

Money 2004
I just installed Money 2004 on a new computer. I copied my data directory over and would like to open my existing MNY file. File-Open let's you select the file and then starts a Wizard. As soon as I click Next, Money crashes with the "Money must close" message. Not cool. Any ideas? Anytime you experience unexplained issues like this, you should first run the salvage tool to make sure there is no corruption in your file. If the error keeps happening, then post the problem here. L utz" wrote: > I just installed Money 2004 on a new computer. I copied my da...