Can Windows client application read/write data to remote SQL Server database?

Can a Windows client application read/write data to a remote SQL
Server database?
0
Jay

> Can a Windows client application read/write data to a remote SQL
> Server database?

Certainly.  SQL Server is a client-server DBMS and the service often runs
remotely on a separate server.

--
Hope this helps.

Dan Guzman
SQL Server MVP
http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/dang/

0
Dan

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

WCF Client serialization problem

Why does "@" appear when I write (C)?
Whenever I write (c) (after (a) (b) it coverts to @ How can I stop this please! go to tools/options and on the spelling tab click autocorrect and see what's listed in 2007, orb, excel options button click proofing and then autocorrect options -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "JeffC" <JeffC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9A7D799-959C-4537-8D7A-03DE7039B704@microsoft.com... > Whenever I write (c) (after (a) (b) it coverts to @ > How can I stop this please! It's not an @ sign, it's the copyright symbol. Excel (like al...

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Reporting from Project Server

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Unable to delete empty database

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Math Worksheet Database
I am interested in developing/acquiring an Access 2003 database to generate (K-5 grade) math worksheets where I can track student results. I would hope not to reinvent the wheel. Thank you for any assistance. ...

Pulling data from separate tabs

get a result of an sql into a field

data sort

Help with importing data

MS POS = RMS? Also, SQL Connectivity...

SQL 2005 Great Plains 9 issue
I will try to keep this succinct. I am running Great Plains 9 with SQL 2005 on separate servers. Recently I brought up a new SQL server(called sql02) to replace the old SQL server(called sql01). After installing SQL 2005 on the new server and restoring all the databases I renamed the new server(sql02) to the name of the old Server(sql01). Great Plains worked happily after that. On the new SQL server now called SQL01 there are two database engines in SQL Studio, one is called SQL02 and the other is called SQL01. I would rather not have SQL02 there, but I'm not sure how to delet...