A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.)

I have an application that will happily post 20TPS from 9 different
processes running on three different computers.  In the middle of all
this happiness, I'll get about three seconds of:

    A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the
    server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing connection
    was forcibly closed by the remote host.)

and then posting returns to normal.  Only one of the nine processes will
be affected.  None of the applications are connecting/reconnection.
Each is using a dedicated SQLClient connection to a SQLServer 2008
running on a Windows 7 box.

The request does include a rather long SQL string sending an PDF
document as varbyte (or whatever it is) that is saved as a FILESTREAM.
That may be related, or may not.
0
Thomas

Thomas Gagne (TandGandGAGNE@gmail.com) writes:
> I have an application that will happily post 20TPS from 9 different
> processes running on three different computers.  In the middle of all
> this happiness, I'll get about three seconds of:
>
>     A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the
>     server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing connection
>     was forcibly closed by the remote host.)
>
> and then posting returns to normal.  Only one of the nine processes will
> be affected.  None of the applications are connecting/reconnection.
> Each is using a dedicated SQLClient connection to a SQLServer 2008
> running on a Windows 7 box.
>
> The request does include a rather long SQL string sending an PDF
> document as varbyte (or whatever it is) that is saved as a FILESTREAM.
> That may be related, or may not.

It may be SynAttack protection that strikes. More information on
http://blogs.msdn.com/sql_protocols/archive/2006/04/12/a-special-gne-general-network-error-messages-when-running-sql-server-after-installing-service-pack-1-for-windows-server-2003-and-tcp-registry-key-synattackprotect.aspx

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

Erland

Set request parameters for web services

Crash on 'Send"

Copy entire row where CellValue=0

Trying to find out which numbers occure most often
I�m giving exams to students and want to see if the students are missin the same questions in every class. I have a simple spreadsheet tha has me enter the question number into the column each time a questio is missed. The MODE function can tell me which number is occurrin most often. However, I need to see if there is any other numbers tha are occurring often as well. Is there a command that will allow me to look at the second mos entered number? For example, if I have 5,3,3,2,3,4,3,4,1,3,4, my mod would be 3 as that�s the number that repeats the most. However, happens 3 times and that...

Recieve Mail Before Sending

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1

How to restore entire server?

error 0x800cc0f

HELP! remote data not accessible msg

error on upgrade: ID 4386

DNS Error on Exchange

OutLook and Notes co-existing.

Error After Customizing 'Accounts' Form
Hello. Earlier today, I created an onSave event along with some other customizations for a tab in the 'Accounts' form. After becoming comfortable with my changes, I published the form and tested with a small Account that we do not access much. One of my fields was planned to be read-only, but I had it writable for a test. When I typed a value into the field and saved, I received an error and I can no longer open the specific account. I found the problem with the custom field and fixed it. However, I am still unable to open that one account. Here is the error I received: ...