Upgrade WSS2.0 to WSS3.0

As a part of EPM2003 to EPM2007 Upgrade process, I have recently upgraded
WSS2.0 SP2 to WSS3.0. Upgrade went perfectly fine and the whole data was
migrated to the WSS3.0 environment.

There's just one error that I ran into i.e. I am getting the message “One or
more field types are not installed properly. Go to the list settings page to
delete these fields”, for the Issue and Risks Lists, displayed onto the home
page, in all the SharePoint sites.

This message goes away if I edit the view and save it without changing it.

I need to fix this issue for about 6000 Sites. Please let me know if there's
some pre-migration step which should be completed other than PreScan, which
was successful, so that this message does not occur.

Regards,

Viren Saini
sharepoint.setup-administratio 225 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Viren,

You can check http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896861 for
DisableLoopbackCheck. Though i am not very certain whether this will
fix, but I have fixed this issue once by disabling loopback check.
Hence proceed with caution.

Windows Server 2003 SP1 introduced a loopback security check. This
feature is obviously also present in Windows Server 2008. The feature
prevents access to a web application using a fully qualified domain
name (FQDN) if an attempt to access it takes place from a machine that
hosts that application.

Regards,
Vaibhav Desai

0
Vaibhav

Alternative to Calendar Control 8.0
I noticed that the Active X Calendar Control 8.0 control is not currently installed on my machines at work, and for now I am assuming that I will NOT be allowed to install it at my highly secure workplace. (I couldnt find it anywhere in the "Additional Controls" area) So.... Does anybody have any bright ideas on how to implement something similar to a calendar control?? I just want an easy way for my users to select a date. Right now we are simply typing a date in a target cell, but I thought it would be nice if we could select dates in a more flexible manner. The...

Upgrade 2006 to Small Business
Is it possible to upgrade from Money 2006 to Money Small Business? If so, how? In microsoft.public.money, CF wrote: >Is it possible to upgrade from Money 2006 to Money Small Business? If so, how? See http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/editorial/22/cswspring06/default.mspx or visit a store. I would first just try to install over the existing installation. If Money asks if it should uninstall the previous version for you, say yes. If there is a problem, you could uninstall the old first, and then install the new. In addition to Cal's comments, when you install the new version it...

#DIV/0! #2
Is there a way to specify in an IF statement to do something if the conditional statement returns a div/0 error. For example: =IF(A1/A2=#DIV/0!,"You Must Enter a Positive Value",A1/A2) Thanks for any help Oops, I just read the post on the "trailing space / format question" that was pretty dumb of me not to think of the ISERROR function. "Brandt" wrote: > Is there a way to specify in an IF statement to do something if the > conditional statement returns a div/0 error. > > For example: =IF(A1/A2=#DIV/0!,"You Must Enter a Positive Value...

EFT For Receivables Management GP V. 8.0
Hi, Does anyone know if GP v 8.0 has an option for extracting an EFT for cash receipts? Our clients want to pay directly from their bank account every month but our bank only accepts EFT file types. thanks, ...

Average Cells above 0
Hi Everone! I'm trying to average a group of cells, but only the cells over 0. I tried this - =average(if(i2515:i5043)>0,i2515:i5043)). I also entered it as an array but it still didn't work. Please help! -- Thanks! Stephen Try... =AVERAGE(IF(I2515:I5043>0,I2515:I5043)) Hope this helps! In article <03A38E40-9F48-4881-8634-4CB95FC514FA@microsoft.com>, "Stephen" <Stephen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi Everone! I'm trying to average a group of cells, but only the cells over 0. > I tried this - =average(if(i2515:i5043)>0,i2515:i504...

Need CRM 3.0 SB Cals
If anyone has extra CALs for 3.0 Small Business please let me know. ...

Business Portal 4.0 & GP 10.0 Smartlist
Hi, Is there a way to use our GP 10 smartlists in the query sections of Business Portal 4.0 ? I've look at the Business Portal query builder and I don't think you can use SQL (in this case I could have extract Smartlists SQL). You have to used predefined entities. Maybe I get it wrong ? Thanks in advance for any help ! Richard, Thanks for using the newsgroups. You are correct. You need an entity for querying in Business Portal. Thanks Rob -- Rob Bernhardt Software Quality Assurance Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties...

upgrade to 2007 can't find exsiting website
I just upgrade from microsoft office 2003 to 2007 office enterprise, my operating system is visita. I'm trying to get my website from 2003, it comes in but none of my pictures,background,pages. doesn't show. I've uninstall the software and installe it again, hopeing this would fix the problem. I'm at a lost here. someone please help. I think Microsoft should let office 2003 run with visita, instead running out to buy some software that suppose to be compatiable. this is a waste of money. Office 2003 SP2 & SP3 will run on Vista. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giorda...

html mail in crm 3.0 workflow manager
In CRM 1.2 it possible to create nice mail templates with html code simple in frontpage with the usage of field values. Does anybody have a idea how to build html mail templates with flied values, so that i can copy the html in the workflow "create mail" like in crm 1.2??? when i use the same field values like in the workflow manager in my html code, the field ist not displayed in the html mail. Give this a try. </pre> Your html code .... <pre> ...

rename Business Units in 3.0
Why is it still not possible to rename BU in 3.0? it makes no sense to me, also reading through other discussions in this forum and 1.2 forums, I see no real answer to many questions regarding this matter. Through the years BU will have to change names then many uuseless BU hanging in the lists etc, even if they are disabled. Preparing efficient Demos will also be very difficult and time consuming. You ned to set up the DB each time new for each new demo scenario. Regards Max For demos its a good idea to use virtualpc. You can create a base CRM image then store it somewhere safe. Whe...

integration manager 10.0-SQL Data Source
We are trying to run an integration by using a link to the GP tables. One of our data sources is using the SQL Server as the data source. We can query the data source and return all rows in the integration. However, when we run the integration we receive the error: An error handler was not found for: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. We are on the latest service pack too. Are you using any field script or event script in IM? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogst...

Optimizer error 5,5exch on win4.0
Dear Sir/Madam, While I was running the Optimizer to utilize free space I met an error message during moving the files C:\exchsrvr\imcdata into D:\exchsrver\imcdata " There is the same file, ...., in the destination.". But I could see for sure that there was No files in the destination. Could you let me know how to fix it? Thanks a lot in advance. KC "KC Lee" <keicylee@hotmail.com> wrote: >While I was running the Optimizer to utilize free space I met an error >message during moving the files C:\exchsrvr\imcdata into >D:\exchsrver\imcdata " There i...

Integration Manager 9.0
We recently upgraded to version 9. Everything seemed fine, but yesterday IM simply stopped working. WHen I try to run an integration CPU Usage goes to 95-100%. The integration just hangs. You can not even End Task with Task Manager. I tried on two other machines ... same results. My understanding is that there are major bugs in version 9.0 and MS has not been very open or honest about this. In any event, I simply need to get this problem resolved. Any help is greatly appreciated. How far did you upgrade? Ver 9 or V9 with SP1? Also, what kind of integration is hanging? SOP ...

DIV/0 error #2
Hi all, I need help on a formula. I have a cell Z3 which is YTD. It calcuates the average from cells A3:Y3 (months of the year). So far so good. The cells A3:Y3 contain average totals from the 4 weeks of the month. So cell Z3 is calcuating all of the monthly averages which is working ok. The problem is if I have not entered any weekly data for the future months I am getting the #DIV/0 error and the YTD Z3 cell will not calcuate. I have tried using the help solutions. But it looks like I can't use their solution because I am using a range of cells. This is what I attempted: =IF(A3...

How to export mailbox size list from exchange server 5.0?
Does anybody can help me to find a way to export exchange mailbox size list? my exchange server is 5.0vs. THank you very much. J In EXadmin, navigate to the mailbox list under the server - there is a column listing the mailbox sizes. Export that out. HTH. "yiyuhong" <yiyuhong@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OrEsz8s6DHA.2748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Does anybody can help me to find a way to export exchange mailbox size list? > my exchange server is 5.0vs. THank you very much. > > J > > ...

Data Migration Framework for MS CRM 3.0 doesn't run
I've downloaded and installed the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Data Migration Pack, which contains the Data Migration Framework for CRM 3.0, from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3d36ac8e-b485-4f0c-9dec-c9bacbad1a73&DisplayLang=en But, when I launch the DMF by going to: Start-> Programs-> Microsoft Dynamics CRM Data Migration Pack-> Data Migration Framework I get a busy mouse cursor that changes back to a regular arrow pointer and nothing happens. When I try to launch DMF again, I get a windows error saying that a copy of the DMF framework is alread...

CRM 3.0 SBE and Sharepoint Services
I am running a CRM 3.0 development server on SBS2003. The SBS2003 server had Sharepoint Services installed by default during the intital install of SBS2003 on http://companyweb, on IIS port 80. When I installed CRM 3.0 SBE, I chose the Default Web Site option rather than having CRM "Create a New Web Site" and install itself on port 5555, so it overwrote and disabl;ed Sharepoint Services on port 80. Is there a way to re-enable or reinstall Sharepoint Services for SBS 2003 and install it on a designated IIS port where it will not install over my CRM 3.0 SBE installation, now on ...

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0: x86 Dil Paketi (KB928416)
0x13EC hata kodunu veriyor ve kurulum gerçekleşmiyor. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0: x86 Dil Paketi (KB928416) GÜNCELLEMESİNDE GERÇEKLEŞİYOR Gesundheit. CEZAR wrote: > Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0: x86 Dil Paketi (KB928416) GÜNCELLEMESİNDE > GERÇEKLEŞİYOR ...

econnect 9.0 #2
I installed econnect with Great Plains 9. I am not seeing the eConnect Samples, XML Sample Documents, XML Schemas, eConnect QueueControl and Custom Procedures. Please let me know how these can be installed with econnect for Great Plains 9.0 Jack: That's because you installed the runtime version and not the SDK version. If you want more information on the differences between the two versions email mbsprofessionalservices@microsoft.com and they will give you the whole story on the differences along with legal implications of both as they changed for 9.x Shoot them an email and th...

Business portal 4.0 Admin user
Is there any other BP role who can add new uers to the BP site besides Administrator? I want to be able to restrict what they can see - and with the Admin role, they can see everything... thanks LCL, Thanks for using the newsgroups. There is not an out of the box group other than BP Administrator that gives users the ability to add users to the BP site. Your question is very specific to SharePoint functionality. I'm not sure if SharePoint itself allows this, but you could pose this question to a SharePoint newsgroup. Thanks Rob -- Rob Bernhardt Software Quality Assurance M...

CRM 3.0 Bug?
We just converted over from CRM 1.2 to 3.0. On the Contact form I found something interesting. So I checked the attribues etc. emailaddress1 & emailaddress3 are both format types email emailaddress2's format is text. Wa swondering why it did not format into a hyperlink. (Blue and Underlined). Is there some reason for this or was this a bug? Will this have any effect? Thanks! Shauna Well, the new install does not have this, so it could have been a problem with your metadata from prior to the upgrade. You could probably adjust this by manually editing the attribtue table in the...

Outlook 2007 Icon Incorrect After Upgrade To Windows 7
I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 and now the icon for MS Outlook in All programs, the desktop and the taskbar looks like the icon you see when Windows does not know which program to use to open it. The icon works fine but just doesnt show the Outlook icon. All the other MS Office program icons are fine. Any help / ideas would be great! Have you tried running a repair on Office already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook....

CRM 3.0 / RAM
Hi All, Does anyone could explain me how the CRM application can handle more than 2 Go of RAM ? - Application Pool worker process ? - is CRM 3.0 AWE aware ? Many Thanks serge-michels The process which handles the memory is IIS/Asp.NET. Crm its self is basically just a web application. Hence the process which would have to support AWE would be the asp.net worker process. But 2Gb for a web application would be a lot of information. On google there are some hits on asp.net and AWE, but a quick look arround doesn't say wether asp.net can handle memory above the 4Gb boundry. -- Pat...

GP 10.0 Reporting...
Anyone know the latest news on GP 10.0 and any details related to the replacement of Report Writer? There has been quite a bit of talk about SQL Reporting Services, or even Excel becoming the main reporting engine in GP 10.0. We'd love to hear something definitive on the subject as 10.0 is right around the corner. Thanks...Ken All I have is from a presentation a colleague saw. V10 will have 150+ Excel-based reports and 100+ SQL Server Reporting Services reports. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Kenneth J. Papucci" wrote: > Anyone know the latest news on GP 10.0 and a...

Adobe 6.0.2 and Great Plains 7.5
I am currently running great plains 7.5, windows xp sp2, Office 2003 sp1 and adobe acrobat 6.0.2. When someone trys to send and email picking ticket or po adobe will make the .ps file but not go ahead and make the pdf. I can use the the Send by text option. I can Print to a .pdf but i can't send a pdf directly. If i go into great plains the .ps file is there if I double click on it the .pdf will be created. If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it. Chris ...