How to deal with a running workflow item when an approver is unavailable?

I created a workflow which is a simple out of the box two person
approval. An item has been submitted into the workflow. The initial
approver is out of the office, and I'd like to mark it as approved.

I went into the workflow status page, clicked on the item, and clicked
approved - but the approval was rejected as the item wasn't assigned
to me.

I then logged in as the sharepoint admin, and tried approving the
item, but again, the approval was rejected.

Is thre a method by which an admin can either delegate approval of a
running item to another individual? At the very least, is there a way
for the admin to approve it directly?

Thank you very much.
0
Larry
5/6/2010 3:06:37 PM
sharepoint.setup-administratio 225 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Copying sent items
Is there a way to copy all sent items from a group of users to the dept supervisor? I know that you can create a client side rule to do this, but I am looking for other options since the users could actually turn this rule off. Running Exchange 5.5 and using Outlook 2000. Thanks for any help Better to journal if your goal is to save all the emails. On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 07:11:05 -0700, "cglady2000" <cglady2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to copy all sent items from a group of users to the dept >supervisor? I know that you can create a clien...

HELP: Deleted Items Limit Set to 0 days does not work!
Hi Gurus, I've set the Deleted Items Limit to 0 days from the Deletion Setting at the Mail store level but when i delete an item from one of the mailbox it does not removed from the server immediately. Has anyone come accross this issue? Please advice. Thanks in advance On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 20:20:23 +0800, "hanafiah" <hanafiahh@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi Gurus, > >I've set the Deleted Items Limit to 0 days from the Deletion Setting at the >Mail store level but when i delete an item from one of the mailbox it does >not removed from the server immediat...

Add non-inventory item in MO Reciept entry (Unit Cost)
Dear All, I am using the (Add Component) button on the MO Reciept entry screen to add some non-inventory items, I notice that the decimal places for the unit cost is (2) although my Functional currency is (3). Kindly advice for the reason behind this, or if there is any setup required for that. Thanks Dear, Go to Tools --> Setup --> Purchasing --> Purchase Order Processing Find Decimal Places for Non-inventoried Items, click on the Expantion Button near to the Currency Field and set the decimal places for you curreny. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS S...

Workflow Processes
Hi, Seem to be having issues with my workflows generally they work fine, however sometimes they automatically cancel and do not work. I can see this through the workflow monitor. Has anybody else had this issue and know what causes it? Thanks. Matthew ...

KITTING WITH SERIALISED ITEMS
CAN KITTING BE DONE FOR SERIALISED ITEMS? IF NOT THE BEST SOLUTION ...

CRM4 Workflow
Hi, I am just wondering if anyone can tell me what is the "Timeout" attribute in the Workflow entity mean? And maybe it's implication? Thanks! Sindy Hi The "timeout" attribute works similar to the Wait for Timer in the Workflow Manager of CRM 3.0. You can set the workflow to execute after a predetermined amount of time. Regards Mark "Sindy" wrote: > Hi, > I am just wondering if anyone can tell me what is the "Timeout" attribute in > the Workflow entity mean? And maybe it's implication? > > Thanks! > > Sindy ...

Forwarding a news item
Using Outlook 2002 on WinXP. I use it for both mail and news. This morning I tried to forward an item from the newsreader (it says "Microsoft Outlook Newsreader" at the top of the screen), and was told there was a problem with my communications setup. How can I diagnose this? And can I forward an item from the newsreader to parties in my mail address book? Thanks. -- ----------------------------------------------------- Jeffrey Needle jeff.needle@gmail.com ...

Workflow Rule Event for modification???
Hi; I want to set a workflow rule so that the system sends a Task to the owner of every contact that has not been modified since 3 months. I don't know what event is appropriate: it is not Create. I thought it would be Manual, but it doesn't work either... Can someone help me? Thanx! ...

WorkFlow Email Notifications
Hello, When setting up email notifications in the Workflow, is there a way to have CRM email a link to the item it is refering to? For example, we have a workflow to send an email to the owner when the owner of a contact is changed. Thanks in advance for your help. Thanks, Chris use email templates. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Chris Brown" wrote: > Hello, > > When setting up email notifications in the Workflow, is there a way to have > C...

how 2 create and run a macro
i want to try record a new macro. can you teach me the way to create and run it. i am facing the problem Hi a good introduction to macros can be found at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Lee Sok Har wrote: > i want to try record a new macro. can you teach me the way to create > and run it. > i am facing the problem ...

Will my Office OS X updated to 10.1.9 run on my new Intel nased Mac
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have Office for Mac OS X, uppdated to 10.1.9., on my old 10.3.9 G4. I am taking delivery of an Intel based Macbook Pro running 10.5 Will my old Office run on Leopard? If not, is the Home/Student Version equivalent, or do I have to buy the much more expensive Office 2008? Can you get rebates? You've actually raised several issues here, so see the in-line responses: On 6/28/09 12:27 PM, in article 59b773f8.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Sparkswj72@aol.com@officeformac.com" <Sparkswj72@aol.com@officeform...

How To Show Drag Image while Dragging Item?
I use MFC 4.2. There are 2 CListCtrls in my app. I am implementing a drag and drop function from one list to another. How to show the drag image when I still choose which item that will accept the drop? Thank you. You can use a CImageList and store a drag image. Look at functions like CImageList ::BeginDrag, CImageList::BeginDrag | CImageList::EndDrag | CImageList::DragMove | CImageList::DragLeave. -Seetharam This article may be interesting to you. It's a little older, but it is still useful information: http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/controls/listview/dragdrop...

Catalog pictures in item list
Does anyone know of a way to display the pictures attached to the items when scrolling through the item list? I know you can click the picture button to pop up the picture, but is there a way to just have the pictures always there? I don't think there's any way out of the box. Someone may be able to write you an add-on to do that, but you would have to have a super fast processor and lots of RAM or it would probably feel like you were wading through quicksand. The overhead needed to accomplish it probably wouldn't be worth the benefit. Craig "Matt Bo" <MattBo@...

contacts, accounts... unavailable
Hello I have administration permission, contacts, accounts, activities ... are unavailable in navigation section (workplace..) Are you using the administrator account? If yes, please check that the "restricted access mode" in the user record is turned off. It is turned on by default. -- Michael http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 ---------------------------------------------------------- "contacts, accounts" <contacts, accounts@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:B5AD7DEC-93E1-464A-9D21-E62FEEA31DDE@microsoft.com... > Hello > I have ad...

Help creating items
I need to create these items: Luggage Set : They come 1 small- 1 medium- 1 large on every set. I need to order set and sell either sets or pieces. I tried setting the set as a parent and the pieces as childs but I am having problem with the inventory. When I order a set the qty for small-medium-large should increase 1 for each one, when I sell a set, qty for small-medium-large should decrease 1 for each one If I sell a medium luggage the qty for that piece should decrease, not the qty for the set. I do not need to reorder by piece, only by sets. Can somebody help me on this matter?? Fab...

Menu items disappear
I'm running a Microsoft Office X for Mac and yesterday I noticed that the "Undo" option in the Edit menu had disappeared. Poof! Gone. Later, I also noticed that the "Symbols" option in the Insert menu was also gone. What's happened and what can I do about it? The first consideration is that Office (10.1.9) & whatever version of OS X be fully updated & that disk permissions have been repaired using the OS X Disk Utility app or comparable utility. I don't remember that version of Office too well, but you need to go into the dialog window f...

Item Modifier error/MPA01000
We are running Item Modifier but we are getting Primary Key errors on MPA01000. Currently our Item Numbers are UPC Numbers but we are switching over to Friendly Short Names- this is causing problems in the MPA01000 table since some items are in there with the Friendly Short Names already (not sure how that happened, plus it even has some non-inventory items). The question is: does anyone know where this MPA01000 table links up to a window (in GP8 or Dynamics9) or how this table gets populated? We need to clean out this info but we don't want to delete directly out of the table ...

Is RAID1 good enough for a local office database/file server (running Windows 2008 Server)? Or RAID5? Options
Hi Our IT suppliers are telling us that hard disks are now so reliable, that RAID1 good enough for a local office database/file server (running Windows 2008 Server)? Or should we go for RAID5 ? All feedback gratefully appreciated. With thanks Ship Shiperton Henethe Hi Shiperton, RAID 1 is at least equally reilable as RAID 5. Both configurations tolerate losing one disk. However, if you calculate statistically, chances are bigger that one drive will fail out of three (RAID 5) than one out of two (RAID 1). The same is statistically true that two drives will fai...

how to make a report to run on one account
How do I pass the AccountID to a report? I want the report to run on one single account, so the parameter must be one single GUID... On Jul 21, 8:54=A0pm, Thomas <tdem...@gmail.com> wrote: > How do I pass the AccountID to a report? I want the report to run on > one single account, so the parameter must be one single GUID... If you're using the 'CRMAF' trick, when you run the report from the form it should only run for that record. This might help http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/customizing/reporttutorial.mspx Leon Tribe Want to hear me talk about all thi...

Workflow: assigning activities to another users
Is it possible in some way? I want to assing workflow-created task to some user... could at least be done by calling a workflow assembly which you would have to write ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Rock3" <Rock3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69D8B77C-7B33-45B9-BE9D-2EE721CB9F28@microsoft.com... > Is it possible in some way? I want to assing workflow-created task to some > user... ...

"Private" as Default Calendar Item Setting possible?
I want to force my Outlook2000 to mark every new calendar entry as "private". Until yet I did not find any solution - anybody who can help me? Thank you! You will need to do this manually - there is no option to mark everything private by default in Outlook 2000. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Gerd asked: | I want to force my Outlook2000 to mark every new calendar...

URGENT: Run Time Error '429' in Store Operations Administrator
I'm constantly getting a run-time error 429 - ActiveX can't create object - when trying to run Store Operations Administrator on my back office PC. The Store Operations Manager also fails on the back office PC - can't connect to database -. The register (POS) is still functioning as is the server where the RMS database resides. How do I fix this? I've never seen Active-X errors from Administrator. I'd try uninstalling RMS on that system then reinstalling it. Also make sure you apply whatever service pack you're running on your other systems. Sometimes POS ...

Non Inventory Item account not appear automatically !?
Hello In Posting account setting, I had entered a NON- Inventory Account , but the problem is: when inserting a non-Inventory Item in Sales transaction Entry window the account not appear automatically ! Any suggest please. By definition that is a cost account and it is not used for non IV items in SOP "Monzer Osama" wrote: > Hello > > In Posting account setting, I had entered a NON- Inventory Account , > but the problem is: > when inserting a non-Inventory Item in Sales transaction Entry window > the account not appear automatically ! > Any suggest please....

selected item in listbox turn red instead of black
How can I make the back color of the selected item in a listbox turn red instead of black when clicked? Thanks -- deb Is there a shorter version. That is a bit of overkill for what I need. I just want the selected item to turn red instead of black. Not each row a different color. Any other suggestions -- deb "Wayne-I-M" wrote: > Hi Deb > > Check the link > > http://www.lebans.com/listboxenhanced.htm > > Good luck > > -- > Wayne > Manchester, England. > > > > "deb" wrote: > > > > > How can ...

Items stuck in outbox
I tried to email a 6MB file. The item is currently in my outbox. It won't send and I can't delete it. When i try to delete, I get the Microsoft Outlook message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persists, restart Outlook." I have restarted Outlook and rebotted my machine with no luck. Any ideas? I don't know if this will help or not. I can log into my email on the internet instead of using Outlook. It is a method I use when I am at another PC. When I do that, it shows me my folders and allows me to delete files. I did t...