Foundation and Server

Is Sharepoint Foundation 2010 an essential if I am going to install
Sharepoint Server 2010?

0
Alan
6/4/2010 3:33:11 AM
sharepoint.setup-administratio 225 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Clearing my mailbox on my ISP's server
My ISP (Bigpond) has aked me to "...clear messages from the mail server after collecting your mail." as "mailbox on our mail server being near or at its limit.". The mailbox is full of my outgoing messages and I cannot find how to stop it from filling up. The Outlook help option is an oxymoron and Telstra will only support Outlook Express!! Can some kind soul help me? Tools, EMail Accounts, View or Change.... Highlight each email account in turn.... click on Change..... More Settings.... Advanced Uncheck the box "Leave a copy of messages on the server......

eConnect 9.0
Am I having fun with eConnect 9.0 and automating serialized PO Receivers! We are running GP 8.x in our production domain and 9.x in our test domain. I am trying to test from my development machine on the production domain against the 9.x (test domain) data. The COM+ components are set up with a DYNGRP user identity The pup fails on: e.eConnect_EntryPoint(ConnectionString, EnumTypes.ConnectionStringType.SqlClient, ReceiverDoc, EnumTypes.SchemaValidationType.None, "")) ConnectionString = Data Source=TESTSQL.xiotest.dom;Initial Catalog=comp1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Se...

moving license server ( please answer !!! )
hello i want to change license server role from my DC to a member server which its name is srv2. my DC computer name is srv1. i used active directory sites and services to changing role...I runned this console as administrator ( Run as ). in srv2, i tried to use licensing logging in administrator tools...but i got error which means that my srv2 server tries to query database from srv1. what should i do ? i want srv2 to query itself. please help! ...

Server Memory and The Query Optimiser
Hi guys, Can anyone tell me if the query optimiser takes available system memory into account when deciding how to perform a given query. To take an extreme example, could it potentially come up with a different plan for a server with 256G or RAM versus a server with 2GB of RAM - simply as a result of the amount of extra RAM available? Similarly, is the relative load on the server at any given moment ever used to modify how the server will carry out a query at run time? Many thanks Simon AFAIK memory is not a factor in deciding the initial plan. But things like avail...

error saving a new file on server
Hi using Office 2003 and I having a error come up when using the save as comand. " The folder may be located in a unavailable location, password protected or the file name contains a / or \" Saving any other file ie CAD or Jpeg's does not cause a problem, so the folder on the sever is shared And you don't have slashes/backslashes in that name??? Ken Wright posted this: === Kindly provided by Beth Melton one of the Office MVPs:- Reports indicate the issue is caused by Windows XP update Q885250. Uninstalling it appears to resolve the problem. http://support.microsof...

Office Hyperlink to ADFS SharePoint Server
I have a 2007 SharePoint server using ADFS AKO/CAC single sign-on. When try to navigate to this server from a hyperlink in a Word 2007 or Excel 2007 document everything works until after the authentication process the ADFS server. I can use a hyperlink in other applications and even Outlook 2007 without a problem. Is there something that Word and Excel adds or removes information from hyperlinks that could cause this behavior? ...

Problems moving CRM onto different Server
Hi, I have been trying to move a CRM 1.2 installation onto a new server in the same domain. CRM 1.2 is running on SBS 2003 Premium and due to a number of stability issues it was decided to buy a new Windows 2003 server and move SQL and CRM onto the new server. I decided to do this is two stages, the first to move SQL databases and then to install CRM using the moved databases. The first stage failrly smoothly and I was able to reconfigure CRM through Deployment Manager to use the new SQL Server databases. One problem I did have when trying to add the SQLRepl and SQLAccessGroup logins is ...

Windows Server 2008 Task Scheduler Not Running Macro
Hello: Sigh..........I spent the whole day configuring macros to run inventory reconcile for three companies. When I run each macro through the GP shortcut that I configured for each one, they run perfectly.....PERFECTLY! But, the Windows Server 2008 Task Scheduler does not like something. I need to use task scheduler unfortunately to run these macros overnight, otherwise the work that I spent a whole Sunday conducting is worthless. My guess is that it is the Actions tab of the Basic Task in Windows Scheduler does not understand the GP Shortcut that runs my macro. Here is the path...

Exchange 2003 (Win2003 SBS) server mandatory rules
Hi. I posted a message few days ago asking for a way to block certain attacments on per-user basis. Explanation: I'm using Win2003 SBS PRO (ISA installed). Exchange is configured to retrive e-mail from POP3 server by using POP3 Connector. Now I want to block all .pif, .exe,... attacments for all users and additionally e.g. .ppt,... attacment only for certain users. The first can be easly achived in my Exchange antivirus program (NOD32). Unfortunately it doesn't offer to block attachments on per user basis. As I know there is an option in ISA server called E-Mail screening (or s...

Active Directory Exchange Domain Server group missing.
Hi all, our Event Viewer's Application log display following event : eventid 9188 Source: MSExchangeSA Description: Microsoft Exchange attendant frailed to read the membershipof group 'cn=Ecxchange domain Servers' .............. i got the knowledgebase article but when i look in my Active directory there is no group Exhange Domain Servers..... Can i create a new one or what must i do ? Greetings Martin You can always run Domain Prep, but I bet somebody has moved or deleted the group. Mort Billups Crowley Maritime Corporation "Martin Schu-Schätter" wrote: &...

MSCRM 3.0 with Microsoft Project Server 2003
Can someone explain to me how and in what way MS Project Server can be integrated with MSCRM 3.0? One way would be to use IFRAMES in crm forms to point to the pages and interface for project server. In addition you could have CRM automatically create a project when an opportunity is won for example. I have not heard of anything creating an integration but as you can see there are many ways to do it from simply displaying a Gantt chart in CRM to actually creating projects when records are created in Microsoft CRM ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http...

bp server and e-mailing server lowest price Waiting for u
We have been supplying BP server and mailing server since 1999. All of these servers have been entered into main USA,Canada,Europen and other counteries. Believe in us,we had been the best BP server and mailing server facilitator we continuously improve our product /service system and truly value all your suggestions and comments. Balance is the most important princible of us(big smile to u) Bullet Proof servers: 4 IPs 1024MB RAM DDR P4 2.4 CPU 80 GB Dedicated 100 M fiber Unlimited Data Transfer Linux/Windows/FreeBSD   price:$ 500 mailing server 64 IPs 2G RAM DDR P4 2.4 80 GB Linux/...

leave copy at server
If Exchange uses POP3 Connector to poll messages from a remote server at ISP, can the connector be set to leave the messages at the server after polling ?? Or, is there another method that produce similar result ? Thanks Steve On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 23:20:13 -1000, "SP" <none> wrote: >If Exchange uses POP3 Connector to poll messages from a remote server at >ISP, can the connector be set to leave the messages at the server after >polling ?? > >Or, is there another method that produce similar result ? > >Thanks >Steve > Would this be SBS rathe...

CRM Server installation error message
I keep receiving the following error message when attempting to install CRM Server: Microsoft CRM Server Setup Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server Setup was unable to determine your account name How can I enable setup to determine my account name? ...

Remember Exchange Server Password
I am running Outlook 2003 on Windows 2000 server with Terminal Services. I would like the Terminal Server client to be able to automatically login to their Exchange Server accounts but they are prompted for their passwords each time. I have read that this can be done if you are running Windows XP but does anyone know of a way to do it with Windows 2000? Thanks! i installed windows 2000 in terminal server mode, and exchange 2003, by default exchange knowes the users passwords from when they log into their terminal server connection....i'm not sure what you did to change this? "...

How to link Exchange server 2000 with Internet
Thank you very much for your reply. You are really Master. This is for Exchange server 2003. Can you also provide me link or steps to link Exchange server 2000 (5.5) with Internet? I hope you would reply as soon as possible. Thanks again, Chandan Kumar. Who is master? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Chandan" <pro_chandan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ut%239ngqtFHA.2328@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Thank you very much for your reply. You are really Master. > > This is for Exchange server 2003. Can y...

WLM gets ALL folders from server, I only want Inbox
I have six (6) e-mail accounts on several servers - all set up on WLM. When WLM goes to check for new messages, it struggles through EVERY account reading each folder, like Inbox, then Drafts, then Sent Items, then Junk e-mail, then Deleted items. That takes a LONG time plus I DO not want ANY of these items populated into MY local folders. I ONLY want to receive messages in the Inboxes. How do I STOP WLM from accessing all these other folders! When you find out let me know. I have the same problem. "fuglemann" <fuglemann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Co-existing Exchange 2003 servers
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C41FDB.B24DD280 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable My company wants to install an exchange 2003 server in our domain at a = remote location to operate as a disaster recovery. Do I need a third = party software package or does E2K3 support this. I want all mailboxes = to exist on both servers and if the primary fail the alternate location = will continue to receive and supply email. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C41FDB.B24DD280 Content-Type: text/html; cha...

Server Management console gone wacky after updates
This is a strange one. We updated our SBS 2003 R2 with these updates: http://i50.tinypic.com/15mn4n5.jpg Upon reboot, Server Management showed this problem 100% of the time in my profile on the server (admin-level account), and eventually in the Administrator account though not immediately: http://forums.msrportal.com/showthread.php?t=9843 Also, as described here in relation to the same problem, there are some weird icon/text issues that are highly reminiscent of GDI deficiencies on XP. Sometimes icons are missing in Explorer, sometimes the menu come up in the wrong font, etc...

Checked out enterprise calendar in Project Server 2007
Hi: I have a checked out enterprise calendar, how can I find out who checked out? Is it possible to force it to be checked in? Cheng Wu Cheng Wu -- Log into PWA with administrator permissions and then click Server Settings - Force Check-In Enterprise Objects. Click the pick list at the top and choose the Enterprise Calendars item. On this page, you will now see who checked out the calendar and when they checked it out. And then you can also check in the calendar as well. Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts h...

What outgoing mail server is used Outlook for MSN email address?
Setting up a new Internet account on Outlook asks for a POP3 and SMTP server, I use MSN, which requires an HTTP outgoing server for Explorer. MSN support agreed I could use my MSN Hotmail account on Outlook, but did not know how, help anyone? Set it up as an HTTP account, not POP3, and the server fields will be filled in for you. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlo...

SQL Server Run-time error "-2147467259 (80004005):
I am connecting from an Access front end to a SQL Server 2005 Express database on a remote PC. I have enabled TCP/IP on the server and turned off firewalls on both boxes. The first recrodset opens and reads the data fine. The subsequent one (which runs after it gives the following error on update. Run-time error "-2147467259 (80004005): [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not find server 'EMPDB\SQLEXPRESS' in sys,servers. Verify that the correct server name was specified. If neccessary, execute the stored procedure sp_addlinkedserver to add the server to sys.s...

Separate email addresses using same Exchange server
Greetings, My company has acquired another company with a small number of employees. They would like to have separate email addresses like a child domain. ex our present email domain is @company.com and the new users would be @newgroup.company.com. Is there a way to do this strictly in Exchange 2003 with creating a child domain in active directory? I've though about using an origanizational unit, but not sure how to do it. Exchange addressing and Active Directory domain naming are completely independent. The key is that you need a recipient policy for the new SMTP domain, recipie...

outlook won't open after adding exchange server account
Hi there After I added an Exchange Server e-mail account, Outlook hangs on opening and after 15 minutes or more I have to end the process OUTLOOK.EXE from within Task Manager. When opening Outlook again, I am prompted to open in safe mode, and the same thing happens. Finally I am prompted to 'Detect and Repair' ... and after an apparently successful detect-and-repair, Outlook still hangs on opening. I haven't done anything unusual except add the Exchange Server account, so I don't have more detailed information. Please help! Best regards Loane P.S. I'm using O...

incoming/outgoing server
were can i find my incoming/outgoing server for windows mail for pop mail Noting your e-mail address, that the world can now see, are you looking for Gmail instructions? Gmail & Windows Mail Setup: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383 -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "ColemanRussell61" <Coleman.Russell61@gmail.com> wrote in message news:0485F187-D79B-47CB-B8BA-3C8B13B75D97@microsoft.com... > were can i find my incoming/outgoing server for windows mail for pop > mail "Cole...