Downgrade from MOSS to WSS 3.0

Hi everybody, my scenario:

1. Windows 2008 Enterprise full installation.
2. SQL Server 2005 SP2
3. WSS 3.0

my question, can i do a downgrade from MOSS (Enterprise Feature - Publishing
template) to WSS 3.0 normal site (Blank Site)?

We developed an KPI application using Dundas Charts and Dundas Gauge and the
site was created using the publishing template for MOSS. The customer has WSS
3.0, we never was inform us that they have wss 3.0 and we have to do the
downgrade to install the application now.

somebody knows about?.
sharepoint.setup-administratio 225 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_0001_A1F38FB8

Hello Andres,

Migration from MOSS 2007 to WSS 3.0 would not be possible and that is
because of the additional features available on MOSS publsihing site.

Export/ Import would fail with incompatibility message and so database
attatch method.

One of the option you may want to try is Content Deployment wizard which
can take backup of list or library level and restore it.

http://www.codeplex.com/SPDeploymentWizard

Try to create a team site in the site collection in question and use Manage
Content and structure to move lists and libraries to that team site.
Once done then try export and import of the team site.

Explorer view may also be helpful to move libraries.

Sunil [MSFT]
------=_NextPart_0001_A1F38FB8

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello Andres,
\par
\par Migration from MOSS 2007 to WSS 3.0 would not be possible and that is because of the additional features available on MOSS publsihing site.
\par
\par Export/ Import would fail with incompatibility message and so database attatch method.
\par
\par One of the option you may want to try is Content Deployment wizard which can take backup of list or library level and restore it.
\par
\par http://www.codeplex.com/SPDeploymentWizard
\par
\par Try to create a team site in the site collection in question and use Manage Content and structure to move lists and libraries to that team site.
\par Once done then try export and import of the team site.
\par
\par Explorer view may also be helpful to move libraries.
\par
\par Sunil [MSFT]
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_A1F38FB8--

0
sunily
2/9/2010 3:19:38 AM
Hi Sunil and thank you for your information. I was trying deactivating
additional features than Publishing site provide, that is working fine but i
found another error about field type:

[2/8/2010 3:28:11 AM]: FatalError: Field type
PublishingScheduleStartDateFieldType is not installed properly. Go to the
list settings page to delete this field.

I try with the SPDeploymentWizard but i don't know what i should to export.

i'm going to try move content from site collection to other.

Thanks.

"Sunil [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hello Andres,
>
> Migration from MOSS 2007 to WSS 3.0 would not be possible and that is
> because of the additional features available on MOSS publsihing site.
>
> Export/ Import would fail with incompatibility message and so database
> attatch method.
>
> One of the option you may want to try is Content Deployment wizard which
> can take backup of list or library level and restore it.
>
> http://www.codeplex.com/SPDeploymentWizard
>
> Try to create a team site in the site collection in question and use Manage
> Content and structure to move lists and libraries to that team site.
> Once done then try export and import of the team site.
>
> Explorer view may also be helpful to move libraries.
>
> Sunil [MSFT]

Icon from custom Entities are gone after rollout update 3
after i applyed rollout update 3 all icons are now a red X, i can update the icons, then when i try to publish the icons it say that a error has occured, can some one help please -- j.hardy ...

Problem with Outlook 2003 #3
I am having difficulty trying to delete an outgoing message in my *Outbox* in Outlook 2003 (running XP Pro). I need to know how to delete the message. I have tried deleting it and a message comes up that says it is already in the process of being sent. Thanks, Zero One Put Outlook into offline mode. To do this go to File-> Work Offline. Now restart Outlook and see if you can delete it. Don't forget to put Outlook back On-line again. If it's still stuck; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Ti...

Problem with Word 12.0 Object Library
I'm trying to automate Word 2007 using Excel 2007. Someone told me that I need to add a reference to the "Word 12.0 Object Library" in my VBA project, but all I see is the following error message: "Name conflicts with existing module, project,..." Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong? Thank you! Hi robert, I am assuming that you have VBA code in both the Excel workbook and the Word document. If you look at the project explorer on the left of the VBA editor, check to see that you have not got 2 project names the same. (One in Excel ...

2.0 to 2000
We are trying to migrate to 2000, but I have not converted all the databases. We currently run many in 2.0 but I have licenses for the 2000 and XP versions is this allowed or do I need to purchase a License for the 2.0 version still running... I cannot find the originals this was way before me. > I reasonably consider that holding a license for a later model of Access > rights to an earlier version, such as Access 2.0. Unfortunately, MS changed their mind about this around about the same time that Office 2000 came out. Last I looked, MS policy was that you need to have a valid ...

Lost mail #3
I lost all my emails and Did not do any backup of my mailbox but I've done a complete synchronization and all my email are synchronize to OST file. So anyway to get my email back. Or any ideas? All your suggestion would be very much appreciated. Pit <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I lost all my emails and Did not do any backup of my > mailbox but I've done a complete synchronization and all > my email are synchronize to OST file. > > So anyway to get my email back. Or any ideas? If they're in your OST because you synced with the Exchan...

Problems with mailbox and backing up with Veritas 10.0
Win2k Server Exchange 2k3 server Veritas BEXEC 10.0 Problem: When backing up the mailboxes at night, I get multiple errors saying a file is corrupt. I've tried to backup these mailboxes at different times of day / night, to no advantage. I have also moved them to different mail stores, to no advantage. Has anyone else had a problem with Backup exec spitting an error when trying to backup mail? Does anyone have a solution? I've run isinteg and fixed all errors, but still no dice. Thanks, On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 19:33:03 -0700, "Ron_F" <RonF@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

schedule plan for every 3 month in one sheet excel
hi there i would like to ask you , how i can do in excel schedule plan for 3 month in one sheet In a chart?? What do you have so far? "jameela" <jameela @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D62F6B0C-D6E4-4E00-85BF-C191EEA7A60A@microsoft.com... > hi there > > i would like to ask you , how i can do in excel schedule plan for 3 month > in > one sheet ...

Can I print 3 weeks of a monthly calendar rather than all 4/5 week
I realize that Outlook prints the number of weeks which are contained in the month reqested. This month, January, there are 6 weeks, therefore the calendar is printing 6 weeks and is very cluttered. I would like to print 3 weeks only...the week we are in and the following 2 weeks. There is an option to choose print dates (start and end dates) but the default always prints the 6 weeks from the start date but doesn't allow the end date I have chosen. 3 Weeks show up on the screen by highlighting the calendar, but it won't print just 3 weeks even by inserting the end dat...

service pack 4 for GP10.0
I've downloaded MicrosoftDynamicsGP-KB977783-v10-ENU.msp and double clicked and installed, but when i click on gp i still have verion 10.00.1301. What am i doing wrong This doesn’t look like the article of SP4, it should be "MicrosoftDynamicsGP-KB971808-v10-ENU". "Larry C" <LarryC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:454488CD-E6FB-4476-8940-F6E4D3F97F8C@microsoft.com... > I've downloaded MicrosoftDynamicsGP-KB977783-v10-ENU.msp and double > clicked > and installed, but when i click on gp i still have verion 10.00.1301. ...

worksheet menu bar #3
Hello there, would there be a way to hide the Worksheet Menu Bar for one particular workbook only, and have a macro button to unhide the Worksheet Menu Bar after a password is entered, (and not affect all the other workbooks Worksheet Menu Bars) thank you for any help or suggestions Ditchy You could add it to the workbook_Activate event and unhide it in deactivate Private Sub Workbook_Activate() if not fAlwaysShown Then Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled = False End If End Sub Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate() Application.CommandBars("...

RMS 2.0 integrating with Office Accounting 2007 possible?
Hi All, Is it possible to integrate RMS 2.0 Office Accounting 2007? With POS2.0 its possible? and for RMS?? Dennis Do you have a reseller? They should be able to guide you on these questions. But the word around the water cooler is that RMS 2.0 will integrate with Office Accounting 2007. Gearing everything for v3.0's roadmap to the .net environment. Dont quote me on this, though I am pretty certain that this info is correct. -- Jere Hurn zeroedin, inc "Dennis" wrote: > Hi All, > > Is it possible to integrate RMS 2.0 Office Accounting 2007? > > Wit...

Outlook address book #3
1. Is there a simple way (for the technologically challenged)to print the outlook contacts on adress labels. I have Outlook 2000 and Office 2000. Please keep it simple. 2. Is there a simple way that my wife and I can use outlook to get our mail. We use the same ISP with different names ie wife@cox.net and husband@cox.net > 2. Is there a simple way that my wife and I can use > outlook to get our mail. We use the same ISP with > different names ie wife@cox.net and husband@cox.net Using Outlook 2002 (and I assume 2003) you are able to set up multiple accounts for sending an...

paycheck #3
i have a paycheck in advanced reports setup as (2005 standard) wages : gross pay deductions before tax: 401k, child care taxes: soc sec, fed, state, medicare deductions after tax: n/a where do i put the net pay which is divided up into three different deposits A) kids college fund B) joint checking C) personal checking Thanks! -Jeff There is no One Right Way. Here I will assume that the paycheck is direct deposited in three accounts that are each represented by Money accounts. Enter the paycheck transaction in the personal checking register. On the After Tax tab, add two items like: Tra...

MS CRM 4.0 query builder error
Hi, I'm having a problem with the Mailmerge Template entity: I imported all customizations from one environment to another. When I want to open my mailmerge templates in the settings section i get following error: Query Builder Error No Entity I did not make any customizations to this entity, so I don't know what the problem can be. Following are the symptoms: - opening Wordmail merge templates from the settings area gives me the error above. - opening the entity from the customization section does not give me any errors: I can add attributes to forms and publish it, withou...

blinking cell #3
Is there a possibility to make a cell content blink under certain conditions (as in conditional formatinf for example...)? Thanks No -- Ian -- "ktisqj" <ktisqj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F14A597-AD6B-49DC-BB71-B3A259F11908@microsoft.com... > Is there a possibility to make a cell content blink under certain > conditions > (as in conditional formatinf for example...)? > Thanks It can be done by using code, but its a really bad idea. Using such code causes more problems than enough. Blinking or flashing are things that were not regarde...

dashed zip from data base to labels 51525-4107 becomes 0
When trying to print address labels in Publisher using my data base in Excel the addresses with the longer zip code like 51525-4107 print out 0 for the zip. The addresses with just five numbers 51525 print out fine. Setup the field as text. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Laura" <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED83686C-FDC6-4E82-920B-E4F0CD93AA7C@microsoft.com... > When trying to print address labels in Publisher using my data base in Excel > the addresses with the long...

Money 2005 deluxe #3
Can not start the program from my data file (3yrs data), or from the backup file. Also no "Repair file" option when selecting "File" as stated in HELP. Help appreciated. Thank you What exactly happens? Any error messages? Have you rebuilt your PC/reinstalled Money? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "money user ksa" <moneyuserksa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12A1...

Fixed Assets change YTD depreciation to $0
I have several assets that were retired this year and should show a YTD depreciated amount of $0. Since they have already been retired is there anyway to adjust this? If not is there a way to go to the SQL table and adjust. We are closing out our year and I really need these to show $0. Do not do this, system is correct as this amount is the last YTD amount at the time of retirement. Also I do not see this affecting your reporting, since this asset will be excluded when you print year-end assets inventory, and other reports when select to print active assets only. thanks, Ossama TE...

Can binary files be pasted into a MS CRM 3.0 form?
I am researching CRM packages for my company. In going through all the MS literature on Dynamics CRM 3, I cannot find anywhere whether it will let me paste a binary file (say a Word document or an image) into the database. Does anyone know? Thanks, Ed Hi Ed, Have you checked the Attachment functionality? Regards, Niths "Ed Enstrom" wrote: > I am researching CRM packages for my company. In going through all the MS literature on Dynamics CRM 3, I cannot find > anywhere whether it will let me paste a binary file (say a Word document or an image) into the database. > ...

I need 5 conditional formatting rules-excel only allows 3
Im trying to set a sheet of fixed numbers (120) and need to have the chart highlight the numbers that match the five random numbers selected. Conditional formatting would work if it would let me use 5 rules but it only lets me use up to 3. I'm trying to highlight all the chart and then make rules to highlight in orange if any cell in the chart matches the numbers I input in each if the 5 cells at the top of the page. Any suggestions? Thanks David The next version of XL will permit you all you want, but until then, check out this link: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFPlus.D...

Deleted Items #3
I have used Outlook Express for a long time, and have recently made the move to Outlook 2002. One gripe and something that is very bothersome to me is that when I go to my Deleted Items view, I not only see deleted mail, but everything that I've deleted (appointments, tasks, contacts, etc.) Is there anyway that I can view ONLY deleted mail in my Deleted Items view? No, your deleted "items" folder contains all of your deleted items, not just mail. As Outlook Express only functions for mail and news, your deleted items probably only contained mail items. As an aside, why...

Integration Manager 10.0 Demo Keys?
I have installed a demo version of Integration Manager 10.0, but I am unable to process integrations as it is not registered. I can't seem to locate any demo reg keys in the user guide. Could someone point me to the location of these keys or advise on how to proceed? Also, the Tools > Integrate > Integration Manager and Run Integration are greyed out in my GP installation. I am assuming this is because of non-registration. Thank you, Lisa Are you trying to use it with the sample company, Fabrikam? You can only use it with Fabrikam. -- Charles Allen, MVP "LisaB...

Outlook 2000 problem #3
Hi, whenever the user exits outlook. it gets the following message. "Please wait while Microsoft Outlook exits" I have SP3 for office installed. Is there a hotfix for this ?? Thanks. there is no hotfix because it isn't a problem that is normal with an exchange account; i see it all the time here when we used outlook 2000; doesn't do it under 2003 "Ricardo Jimenez" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:145801c48543$40480020$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > whenever the user exits outlook. it gets the following > message. > &g...

Combining Several Worksheet into one #3
I have over 30 excel worksheets that are: 1. Password protected 2. The sheet is also password protected 3. Each worksheet contains only one tab call "All" and this tab is in the same format and contains the same column in every sheet. 4. It's located in the same folder I need to write a macro that will open all these workbook in this folder and combine the data into one new sheet with only one tab called "All". I am able to write the code to open all the workbook but am having a difficult time figuring out how to copy only the cells with data into the new workbook...

Exchange 4.0
I can't find any information to troubleshoot this at all. I have certain users that all happen to be running the NT client that are experiencing long delays in getting their emails sent. If a the recipient manually downloads email they will come through fine, but for some reason when the recipient doesn't manually download it, all emails come through fine except for the ones from certain users (but not all) that have the NT client. Any direction is greatly appreciated. Any help from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;264035 http://support.microsoft.com/default...