XLTX Content is not searchable

Hello NG

I have some Excel Templates (XLTX) on my SharePoint 2007 (MOSS). Now the
problem is that i can't search in the content of this files. I have already
added the File type in the search administration and startet a full crwal.

Any idea?

Vlookup then change contents
Hi, If I enter a number in sheet 2 A1, i then want to find that number in column A in sheet 1, then change the data in the cell 10 to the right to the current time and date. (Im booking jobs out that are in a database on sheet 1) Any help appreciated, Rick Hi Rick for this you'll need VBA. Put the following code in the worksheet module of sheet2: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim target_row As Long Dim wks_target As Worksheet If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub On Error ...

Set number format based on cell contents
I have a cell B3 which shows a Data Validation list of £ or % Having selected £ or % in B3 the user then enters a number in C3. I want to have cell C3 formatted to General if B3 = % and formatted to Currency if B3 = £. I'd really appreciate some help Thanks You need VBA for that. Paste the following macro into the sheet module for the sheet you are working on. To do that, right-click on the sheet tab, select View Code, and paste this macro into that module. Note that this macro does exactly what you asked. That is, it will change the format of C3 if you select $...

Trying to average the contents of a cell across multiple worksheet
I have A workbook that contains 26 worksheets. Sheet 26 is a summary page that gives a running total of of the information entered in the previous 25 pages. I need to be able to do an average of the contents of one cell but I cant have the average include the null cells or zero value cells from the worksheets that have yet to be populated. I have been using this Aray formula: {=AVERAGE(IF('2-20:8-14'!B28<>0,'2-20:8-14'!B28))} but I keep getting #ref errors. What am I doing wrong or do you have a better way of doing this function. Thanks, Erik ...

Adding HTML tags to cell content
Hi All, I'm hoping that someone can give me a tip here. I'm working on a website at the moment and I need to do a data dump from and excel spreadsheet into a MySQL database. All is fine except that the product decriptions need to be reformatted to include HTML tags. With over 2000 products this is going to take some time. Is there a way to get Excel to add these tags into the appropriate cells? It must be able to do it, because I can generate HTML pages no problems, and converts all the cells to include HTML tags, but I just want it to add them to the cells so I can then import them i...

Transferring cell content between workbooks using cell references
Hi group I want to transfer cell content onto a spreadsheet that has a list of cell references pertaining to a series of other workbooks. The cell references are in the A1 reference style and there are about 800 from 8 different workbooks. Is there an efficient way (macro, formulas?) that you can do this � I can't seem to see the wood for the trees. If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated. Cheers, Mike Hi not really sure what you want to transfer. Do you want to transfer the values returned from these formulas? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kiwi Mike" &l...

the rc editor changes some contents without my consent when .rc files saved
Hi, My colleagues and I are using VS 2005. After I make some minor changes to a .rc file (obtained from my colleagues) and save it, the compiler greatly changes the .rc in addition to my minor changes. For example, the following 2 lines IDD_DLG_MODELIST DIALOG DISCARDABLE 0, 0, 270, 149 STYLE DS_MODALFRAME | WS_POPUP | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU become IDD_DLG_MODELIST DIALOG 0, 0, 270, 149 STYLE DS_SETFONT | DS_MODALFRAME | WS_POPUP | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU Or the following 2 lines become one line: COMBOBOX IDC_POSTDLG_COMBO_UNITS,165,5,49,49,CBS_DROPDOWNLIST | WS_VSCROLL | WS...

pasting content copied from nonadajacent cells
I am trying to copy text from nonadjacent cells in a row in one spreadsheet using Control/Select/Copy, and paste the text into adjacent cells in a row in another spreadsheet. When I paste the content in, all the content from cells between those I copied will paste in also. For instance if I copy C5, F5 and H5, then paste into new spreadsheet, I'll get C5, D5, E5, F5, G5 and H5. Excel help does not say anything about pasting content, only how to copy it. -- d.adams This can only be done when copied cells are in same column or row. Hold CTRL key and click on each of the non...

how do i use one combo box to determine the content of a second combo box?
Hello, I have been trying for several days to figure out how to use one combo box to determine the content of a second combo box. I am creating a database listing equipment by manufacturer and model # I would like to create one combo box that gives a drop down list of manufacturers Then, based on the manufacturer chosen, I would like to have a second combo box which gives a drop down list of model #'s offered by the chosen manufacturer It seems like a fairly simple concept, but I have poured through the "using access 2003" guide with no luck Access version I'm using: 20...

showing the contents of dynamic cells
If I use the following spread sheet as an example a b c 1 23 2 34 2 22 23 75 3 3 45 32 I am trying to find the value of rows 1 and 2 but only for the column where c row 3 is the highest. I.e. in this example as 3b is the highest how I can show the values of b1 and b2 How ever it is important to remember that all the 9 values in this spread sheet are dynamic. Finding the max number in row 3 is easy =Max(a3:c3) Thanks One way .. Source table assumed in A1:C3 Select ...

Show contents from cell
The function I am trying to figure out is this: =IF(ISBLANK(E2),"",IF(N2<2,"Next" <here if N2 is <2 show contents from cell G1>))) I want to show contents from cell G1 to the above function, how do I do this? Thanks, Rube I think you want the following: =IF(ISBLANK(E2),"",IF(N2<2,G1,"not specified")) You have not specified what you want to happen if N2>=2. Are you sure you mean G1 and not G2? Hope this helps. Pete ...

Returning a cell contents using "Find"
Hi hope you can help. I am using a spreadsheet which has 3 worksheets. Worksheet 1 is an introductory worksheet. Worksheet 2 has data entered by a user who has to send special "files" to different offices. Each row in the spreadsheet records a file ID, who it was sent to and when. It also displays the current location of the file, (data extracted from worksheet 3). Worksheet 3 is used by those people who receive the files to record when it was received, and their action, eg, the date they return it or who they send it on to, and when. This worksheet is formatted in the sam...

How to convert contents of column from numeric data type to text
you know how sometimes when you paste a value into a cell it reads like a number but Excel thinks its text and aligns it to the left and gives you a little dropdown menu with options such as keep this value as text or to convert it to numeric data. I have a whole column of mostly numbers (and excel is storing them as numeric data) and want to convert them to text. I don't have that menu option available since excel thinks they're numbers. Is there a way to convert numeric data to text? Thanks. -- moondaddy@noemail.noemail If you don't mind a helper column, then you c...

How do I multiply the content of a cell by a number
I need to multiply the content of a cell by a number (e.g. 2) but have been receiving the error message saying that there is a circular reference. Is there a way out? EXCEL 2007 In cell A1 I type the number 1. In cell B1 I type the number 2. In cell C1 I type:- =(A1*B1) This gives a result of 2 in cell C1. Hope the above helps. If it does please hit Yes. Thanks. "KTK" wrote: > I need to multiply the content of a cell by a number (e.g. 2) but have been > receiving the error message saying that there is a circular reference. Is &g...

Format Cell contents as I.P. address
Is there a way to force the contents of a cell to conform to the format of an I.P. address (e.g. nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn) ? I looked in the tutorial format cell and found custom but no useful tutorial for how to do it. Thanks -- Lionel B. Dyck <>< AIM ID: lbdyck Yahoo IM: lbdyck Homepage http://www.lbdsoftware.com/ Blog: http://randommgmt.blogspot.com/ Custom ###"."###"."###"."### i.e. 123456789123 will be formatted as 123.456.789.123 Just as long as you realize that the number is still the original number you entered. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On ...

splitting cell content from 1st column into 4 columns
In my first column I have 4 cells (1-4) (5-8) etc. with general content. The content from each of these 4 cells needs to be placed in a separate column to make a list that I can sort etc. Example: COLUMN A 1 01-04-425-001 2 Heatherridge Road #301 3 Harry Smith 4 H25 Condo Fairfax Place 5 01-05-356-041 6 McGrath Street # 56 7 Mary Jones 8 B45 Condo Lemon Circle . . . . . . and so on and so on every 4 cells. I have hundreds of 4 cell descriptions...

Replace Cell Content Automatically from List
Dear All, I regularly check my phone bills and see who I text and call, but when I access my phone bill online, all I get is numbers, as they don't have the names.... I was thinking, if I save this list out and have it in a sheet, excel can look at another sheet and if the number matches replace the number with a name.. Is this easy to do? Regards Paul. You could build a table on that second sheet. Column A would contain the phone numbers and column B would contain the name. Name that sheet -- Table. Then you could use a formula like this in an empty cel...

Active Content #2
I need a definition of Active Content??? If a custom form used in Outlook contains active content, the message can not be viewed in the preview screen. It is said to be a security feature of Outlook, but I need to know why? ...

Delete contents of unlocked cells in another worksheet
I found some help regarding this as a post to someone elses question. The solution deletes the formatting in the cells as well. I need to keep the formatting. I'm also having trouble running the macro from another worksheet. The macro is as follows... this is the macro..... Sub clear() Sheets("Payroll - Collections - Pledges").Select ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:=Password Range("C1:AR142").Select <-RIGHT HERE IS WHERE IT HANGS! Count = 0 On Error Resume Next For Each RNG In Selection If RNG.Locked = False Then Count = Count + 1 ...

Excel
When using MS Works I can enter letters and numbers in a cell and the total of the cells in a row will be calculated correctly(for my particular requirement) by ignoring anyone of the cells in the row which has letters and numbers together. All the cells are formated as 'General'. When I try to do this task in Excel it gives an error in the result cell. Note that any cell may have a mixture of letters and cells. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you James Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Bing Search RSS with Silverlight 3 RIA Domain Ser...

How do I reverse the row order in Excel, not based on content?
I need to flip an Excel worksheet containing many rows and columns 'top-to tail', so that, for example, row 1 becomes row 1000 and vice-versa. This does not fit the usual 'sort' criteria, as cell content is not relevant to the order. Am I missing a simple trick here? Just insert a new column and fill it with the numbers 1 to 1000 (or however many rows you have). There are several quick ways of doing this. Then sort (descending) by that column. Then delete that column. "Gimbalman" wrote: > I need to flip an Excel worksheet containing many rows and columns...

Chart content to change according to a selection on a combobox
Hello, I would like to have an interactive graph but cannot work out how to do this despite studying old posts. I have two sets of data, range A and range B. When the user goes to 'results' sheet, they will automatically see range A displayed on the graph. If they select range B from a dropdown menu, I would like the graph to change to reflect the change in data range. Is this possible with not much previous knowledge of macros? Many thanks for your help in advance. -- Johanna You can do this w/o any macros, just using a combo box (or check box) from the ...

Message Tracking : Subject or Content.
Hi, I have been asked to check whether User A have receive an email from User B from a specified date. So I used the message tracking that came together with Exchange 2003. The issue here is that there was an email from User B that was received by User A (from the message tracking) but there was no subject to confirm it, the subject was blank. Any ideas ? Thank you. With best regards, Zul In article <uT3pbrEXFHA.2540@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, "Zul J" <mlist@istar.com.my> wrote: > Hi, > > I have been asked to check whether User A have receive an email ...

table of content type mismatch error
I've created a table of contents table with the article "How to Create..." Now I'm getting an error msg "The expression OnPrint entered as event property setting produced following error: Type mismatch. *Expression may not result in name of macro, function ro event procedure. *There may have been error evalutaing function, event or macro." As I'm new to code and am not quite sure where all should be placed, I'm hoping someone can help correct this error. Thanks in advance for any much needed help. Pam ...

delete contents of calendar
Hello, is there a way to delete all the contents of the a persons calendar? thanks Bill Switch to a view like By Category (something other than a Day/Week/Month view). Select the first item in the list. Click Ctrl+A on the keyboard to select all. Click Delete. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza http://www.cardozasolutions.com "billq" <bill.quigg@comcast.net...

Not being able to view shared folder contents
It happens both on the client and on the server when I attempt to access the folders via UNC. I can access the folder via explorer just fine. The permissions seem to be all right. Any ideas? yaro On 9 June, 11:10, yaro137 <yaro...@googlemail.com> wrote: > It happens both on the client and on the server when I attempt to > access the folders via UNC. I can access the folder via explorer just > fine. The permissions seem to be all right. Any ideas? > yaro Furthermore when I try to remove the share to then recreate it a message tells me that 4 users are connected to...