Using Word To Design Survey Forms

We already have a form generated in Word to manually collect data.

We want to use this form as the basis of a Sharepont survey.

I know I will need to crete fields in SP to collect data but importing the
word file(16 pages) as a basis for the survey  form could save a lot of time
Trevor

SharePoint has a webpart designed for surveys.  Give it a try.

--rms

www.rmschneider.com

On 19/01/10 00:07, Trevor Aiston wrote:
> We already have a form generated in Word to manually collect data.
>
> We want to use this form as the basis of a Sharepont survey.
>
> I know I will need to crete fields in SP to collect data but importing the
> word file(16 pages) as a basis for the survey  form could save a lot of time
> Trevor
0
Rob
1/19/2010 7:51:40 AM
You also may want to check out Infopath, an .xml form generator that works
seamlessly with Sharepoint.

In Infopath 2003, there was a convert from a Word document feature, not sure
if available in 2007 but worth a look....

Also very easy to link Infopath forms to a database for
safekeeping/reporting, etc.

Write back with what option you used, and good luck.

"Rob Schneider" wrote:

> SharePoint has a webpart designed for surveys.  Give it a try.
>

> --rms
>
> www.rmschneider.com
>

> On 19/01/10 00:07, Trevor Aiston wrote:
> > We already have a form generated in Word to manually collect data.
> >
> > We want to use this form as the basis of a Sharepont survey.
> >
> > I know I will need to crete fields in SP to collect data but importing the
> > word file(16 pages) as a basis for the survey  form could save a lot of time
> > Trevor
> .

I inserted a new title master
I inserted a new title master - (it is the only title master, and there is also a slide master as well). However, no slides use the title master - how do I get a slide to use it - I want to add a title page). -- Marc Are you using PowerPoint 2003? Select the slide you wish to be your title slide. If you created your Title Master then go to Format > Slide Layout. In the Task Pane at the right, hit the drop down menue for the Title Master Slide and select Apply to Selected Slides. Sandy "Marcus Analyst" wrote: > I inserted a new title master - (it is t...

Using Time in formulas #2
Frank: I don't want the user to enter them by hand. I want to use a formul to calculate the subsequent times. They would have to load 9 different lines. Staci -- SPenne ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SPenney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=107 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26920 ...

What's the best way to learn Pivot Tables and using Macros in Exc.
I think the best way to learn is to find some data and play with it. I think it's better to use real data and have a result in mind--so it's not just an exercise. Pivottables: Debra Dalgleish's pictures at Jon Peltier's site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm And Debra's own site: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html John Walkenbach also has some at: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/general.htm (look for Tony Gwynn's Hit Database) Chip Pearson keeps Harald Staff's notes at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm MS has some at (xl200...

How can I use a date in an IF/AND statement?
Trying to formulate =IF(c2 > 01/31/05, 1,"2") Is there a different date format to use? Thank you in advance for any help. Hi, Try this: =2-(C2>VALUE("01/31/05")) or =2-(C2>DATEVALUE("01/31/05")) or =2-(C2>DATE(2005,1,31)) or =IF(C2>DATE(2005,1,31),1,2) etc. Regards, KL "gsmith" <gsmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0315B7F2-9D6F-48BC-95D2-0144B66708FC@microsoft.com... > Trying to formulate =IF(c2 > 01/31/05, 1,"2") Is there a different date > format to use? > > Thank you in ...

Setting default browser used in Outlook
Hi, I recently updated my Yahoo SBC DSL account with their recommended downloads, and now when I click on weblinks in emails, Outlook launches the Yahoo browser. I want to restore Outlook to use IE as the default browser when I click on a link in an email message. I use XP home version. I've not been able to figure out how to restore IE to be the default. (It must be too simple and I've overlooked the obvious, as I can't even find anything about default browsers in the Help files.) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. John Start Internet Explorer | Tools ...

Using Tab key to jump to specific cell
I've created a 'fillable form' and somehow (magically) when the tab key is pressed in certain cells, the cursor jumps to the next appropriate cell to be filled (Example I filled in cell B1 and the next fillable cell is D4. If I hit the tab key after typing in B1, the cursor will jump to D4). But this does not happen in all cells or at the appropriate places. I don't know how I managed to get it to do what it does already. Is there is a way to fine-tune it? When you protect a sheet, tabbing will cause the active cell to jump between the unlocked (aka unprotect...

Form Details In CRM 3.0
Hi All, where does the form information is stored in crm 3.0. Also when we create attributes for entities we give a moer meaningful display name, scheam name and description to the attaributes that we add. i serached the meta database for attribute display names but i couldn't find this. can anyone tell me where i can find them?. thanks, Charith The values for a form field are stored in the yourcompanyname_MSCRM SQL Server database. These values are often spread across several tables. The tables are usually named after the entity they store, and those that end with the word "...

Word 2004: Style List / Style Dialogue Box Bug
Hello all -- I'm in Word 2004. Upon opening a new document, it defaults to showing only a couple of styles in the style list. I want to be able to see all of them. Word Help suggests going to the Formatting Palette and selecting all styles. This works, but I don't use the Formatting Palette that often. The second option: View All Styles in the Style Dialogue box doesn't work. This is the one I want to use. It tells users to go the the Format menu and select Style command, then select All Styles on the List popup menu. I did this and clicked apply, but when I go back to the documen...

Creating a Search Form
I have a simple address book spreadsheet. I would like to create a Search form, where the user can enter the Last Name of the person they are searching for. Hi Karen two inbuilt options that you might like to have a look at as long as your data is in "database / list" format ie something like ..........A..............B.....................C......................D 1.....First Name...Last Name.....Address.........Town. 2.....Joe..............Bloggs............15 North Rd.....Little Parks click in cell A2 choose data / filter / autofilter - you'll see a drop down arrow f...

Issue with Powershell while using P4.net libraries
Hi, I am started recently to write scripts in powershell for perforce. I found P4.net dlls and trying to use that, but finding difficulty in starting itself while connecting to P4. I have loaded the dlls and using $P4.connect() but its throwing some error, Please let me know have I missed anything PS V:\> $p4dn=[Reflection.Assembly]::LoadFile("C:\Users\harshas\Desktop \ICAAutomation\PowerScripts\p4dn.dll") PS V:\> $p4net=[Reflection.Assembly]::LoadFile("C:\Users\harshas \Desktop\ICAAutomation\PowerScripts\p4api.dll") PS V:\> $p4 = $p4net.CreateIns...

Word Wrap hiding text
Has anyone experienced word wrap in excel hiding all text. It has come on all of a sudden and is causing problems with every excel file I open. I have seen other posts here but no resolution. Thanks Matt I have the same issue.... "mattrgore@gmail.com" wrote: > Has anyone experienced word wrap in excel hiding all text. It has come > on all of a sudden and is causing problems with every excel file I > open. I have seen other posts here but no resolution. > > Thanks > > Matt > > ...

Problems with typing in Russian in Word'04
Hi, I am going nuts because of this problem. I am on the verge of purchasing a different word processor, but I paid $150 for this one so it should work!! Here's what happens. I set my language in the "International" Preferences in the Mac settings (I have the little taskbar icon flag thing enabled to quickly change my language). When I try to type in Word after setting the language (under tools) to Russian, I can type okay...until I realize that I made a mistake a few words back. So I click to move the cursor back to where I need to make a change...and the Mac language switches ...

Can't Use an IF statement, so now what??
In columns C2:M1978 (sometimes even more columns) is the data I need to put together; in each row of each column is either a 1 or is blank. In column B2:B1978 I want to do the following: In cell B2 =if(C2="","",C1)&"; "&if(D2="","",D1)&....so on and so on. Limited to 7 embedded if statements is my issue as the columns can sometimes exceed 20+ Any ideas? I know I have done this in the past but been away from excel for so long I cannot remember....A duuuh moment Thanks Hans The limit applies to nested functions in earlier versions of...

deleting phrases in Excel and/or Word
My question is for beginners but I am working with spreadsheets and documents which contains a lot of the same words I want to delete. Can anyone please tell me how I can do this? THANK YOU BEFOREHAND FOR YOUR HELP! Here's one quick play using SUBSTITUTE for progressive deletion .. Assume text data is running in A1 down Enter the exact words/phrases (case sensitive) you want deleted in say K1 down. Eg assuming you have 3 words to delete: in K1: the, in K2: Oops, in K3: milk Then place in B1: =TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,INDEX($K:$K,COLUMN(A1)),"")) Copy B1 across by 3* cols to ...

How do I change line spaces in an envelope on word
I have tried Jay's solution but it doesn't work for me. I must have an earlier version of Word. I have managed to change line spaces in a document but when I try to create an address on a label or Envelope it prints in double spacing. Envelope addresses are formatted with the envelope address paragraph style - see http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http:...

Need help with using command button
I am needing some help with getting a command button to run a query through msquery onto a worksheet. i have a work book with 33 worksheets. the first 31 worksheets are setup to be 1 sheet for 1 day's data, worksheets are labeled as 1,2,3,...30,31. the last two of the 33 sheets are just for summary graphs. each sheet has the date split up into three cells, such as April 15 2005. i have 3 workbooks setup this way, 1 for each of three shifts. on each sheet in each workbook, i also have a cell listing what shift that worksheet is for, as well as a cell that lists what plant it is...

Displaying cell references next to embedded cells in Word 2000
Hello Group. I've embedded some excel cells into my report written in Word 2000. Is there a way I can display the cell references next to the embedded object in the printout. For example if cells B10:C15 are the embedded cells, I want those who read the printed document to see exactly which rows and which columns the numbers belong to. Something like this: B C 10 Jan 10% 11 Feb 15% 12 Mar 34% 13 Apr 14% 14 May 10% 15 Jun 12% So when I say somthing like "The formula used here is C10/SUM(C10:C15)" my readers would be able to refer to the ...

Deleting pictures in Excel using visual basic
I have written a visual basic module to insert pictures from a list contained in a worksheet. I have figured out how to delete the picture when I load the next picture. For this I need to know the picture number. My problem is the indexing or the picture number. The number of shapes ActiveSheet.Shapes.Count doesn't change But the picture number does increment. I am using workaround by updating the picture number in a cell on the active sheet BUT this is a kluge! More importantly, I will be using this to display a large number of images [1000s 100000s]. I don't know wheter there is an ...

Form class module for non-existent form
Hi, After copying a form with a class module, something went wrong. I now have a class module for the new form, but the form no longer exists. I am unable to remove the in-limbo class module. I want to use that name for my form, which is not possible as long as that class module is in the way. How do I get rid of the in-limbo class module? I've tried repairing tha DB as well as "msaccess /decompile" but it hasn't helped. Anything else? Thanks, Kjell Kjell, A class module is not part of a form, but a separate module. It sounds like your 'in-limbo' module is...

Can I use gdi+ in vs 6?
in "stdafx" I add #if defined(_WIN64) typedef unsigned __int64 ULONG_PTR; #else typedef unsigned long ULONG_PTR; #endif #include "gdiplus.h" #pragma comment( lib, "gdiplus.lib" ) and CWinApp::InitInstance(); ��Gdiplus::GdiplusStartupInput gdiplusStartupInput; ��Gdiplus::GdiplusStartup(&m_gdiplusToken, &gdiplusStartupInput, NULL); Gdiplus::GdiplusShutdown(m_gdiplusToken); ��return CWinApp::ExitInstance(); It compiles OK. But when I add Graphics graphics( pDC->m_hDC ); it tell me error C2065: 'Graphics' : undeclared identifier why ??ho...

Send E-Mail using plain text only
I can find this OE feature anymore under WLM. Is it gone ? (Under Contacts) Thanks Stephan Tools/Options/Send - Choose either HTML or plain text. If no menu bar either Alt "M" or click on icon to the left of blue ? mark and select show menu bar "Stephan Koenig" <S.Koenig@LaserPlus.de> wrote in message news:OgKol3$zKHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I can find this OE feature anymore under WLM. Is it gone ? > > (Under Contacts) > > Thanks > > Stephan "Stephan Koenig" <S.Koenig@LaserPlus.de> wrote in...

eConnect is it in use?
I have come across an orphaned GP 9 client that has eConnect installed. No one there knows why eConnect is installed and I cannot find any applications that may be using it. Is there anyway to determine if it is actually in use currently doing something? Rich, A couple of things: 1) check for any econnect windows services running using the Services admin tool 2) in SQL, check the table called econnect_out table in the GP database. If it is not running, there should not be any data in there. You may want to monitor it for a few hours to see if anything pops into there and is cleared...

Open files from Access Form
Hello all, One field of my table contains a link to an attached file. This file may be a word doc, pdf, or other. How could get Access to open the file using the appropriate program (ie Word, Acrobat..etc) automatically when I click a button. I know how you could specify a particular program, say word, to open a link... But not sure how I could do a pdf. And how I could get it to determine default program settings. Thanks for your help. On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:13:02 -0700, kMan wrote: > Hello all, > > One field of my table contains a link to an attached file. This file may b...

Use CPalette in CtlColor #3
hi, I want to change the Backgroundcolor in a ComboBox like HBRUSH CNxDbComboBox::CtlColor(CDC* pDC, UINT nCtlColor) { pDC->SetBkColor(RGB(255,174,94)); return blablabla... } ok, so far so good. But on Terminal-Server it won't show me the Color because of limited Colors in the Palette. So how can I use CPalette to solve this. I created a Palette and called pDC->RealizePalette(), but it didn't work out. A problem seems to me, that I need a CPaintDC, but I have a CDC!? Someone has a Idea? Thanks in advance Daniel ...

Bugs when using Access 200 DB on Access 2003?
I have developed a database in Access 2000, and it works wonderfully on all the computers I've tested it on... however, when I have tested it on two computers with Access 2003 (haven't tested it on more 2003 computers yet), it gets a little buggy and I need to fix that before I distribute this program, because it will go to about 300 clients, and I need to have bugs hammered out before I distribute it. the two bugs I know of right now are this: For example, on one of the main windows (form), you get a list of the records, in a continuous form. On all the versions I've tested, ex...