SharePoint together with Excel

Hi,

We have SharePoint and are working together with Excel. A excel-file are
linked with a sharepoint list. Its no problem to update the excel-list but I
also want to
update the sharepointlist. The problem I have is that I don't want to make a
new
list everytime, I want to update the same sharepoint list after some
excel-calculations. Do anyone know how to do this I'l be wery grateful!

--
Best regards
Mia

Forgott to inform you that I'm working with Office 2007.
--
Best regards
Mia

"Mia" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have SharePoint and are working together with Excel. A excel-file are
> linked with a sharepoint list. Its no problem to update the excel-list but I
> also want to
> update the sharepointlist. The problem I have is that I don't want to make a
> new
> list everytime, I want to update the same sharepoint list after some
> excel-calculations. Do anyone know how to do this I'l be wery grateful!
>

> --
> Best regards
> Mia
Mia,

I found this, but haven't tried it yet. Let us know if it works for you.

Article
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb462636(office.11).aspx

Download
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=25836E52-1892-4E17-AC08-5DF13CFC5295&displaylang=en

"Mia" <Mia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Forgott to inform you that I'm working with Office 2007.
> --
> Best regards
> Mia
>

> "Mia" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have SharePoint and are working together with Excel. A excel-file are
>> linked with a sharepoint list. Its no problem to update the excel-list
>> but I
>> also want to
>> update the sharepointlist. The problem I have is that I don't want to
>> make a
>> new
>> list everytime, I want to update the same sharepoint list after some
>> excel-calculations. Do anyone know how to do this I'l be wery grateful!
>>

>> --
>> Best regards
>> Mia

0
Steve
5/12/2010 5:51:43 AM
Hello Steve,

Thank you for your help, but I don't get it to work.

It stopes in following VBA

    retUrl = ActiveCell.ListObject.Publish(Array(ServerName.Value,
ListName.Value), False)

BR
Mia

--
Best regards
Mia

"Steve" wrote:

> Mia,
>
> I found this, but haven't tried it yet. Let us know if it works for you.
>
> Article
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb462636(office.11).aspx
>
> Download
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=25836E52-1892-4E17-AC08-5DF13CFC5295&displaylang=en
>

> "Mia" <Mia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Forgott to inform you that I'm working with Office 2007.
> > --
> > Best regards
> > Mia
> >

> > "Mia" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> We have SharePoint and are working together with Excel. A excel-file are
> >> linked with a sharepoint list. Its no problem to update the excel-list
> >> but I
> >> also want to
> >> update the sharepointlist. The problem I have is that I don't want to
> >> make a
> >> new
> >> list everytime, I want to update the same sharepoint list after some
> >> excel-calculations. Do anyone know how to do this I'l be wery grateful!
> >>

> >> --
> >> Best regards
> >> Mia
>

> .

In excel when inputting dates 10/4/04 (10/april/04) data converts.
In excel when inputting dates 10/4/04 (10/April/2004) excel converts this to 4/10/04 (4/October/2004) Where can I change the input characteristics. I have changed the date format to English (UK) and this works when I input the date in the American format mm/dd/yy but I want to input in the dd/mm/yy format I think I'd try chaning my windows regional settings. In win98, I'd get to it via: Windows start button|Settings|control Panel|regional settings applet Date Tab Change the short date format to dd/mm/yyyy (I like 4 digit dates--you don't have to use that part--but put it in d...

Excel Lookup formulas
Hi, I have two questions: 1. I notice (occassionally) when I am using Vlookup/Hlookup to import data to another worksheet that the rules to not immediatley reflect the correct data. However, if I click on each data cell, and validate the formula (by clicking on the 'tick') it immediatley returns the correct data. Is there anyway of doing a bulk refresh that will somehow re-activate the rules that appear to have become dormant? 2. Is there a formula that will find the largest numeric data entry in a row, column, array? Thankyou, Don- Re part 2 of your question =max(place range...

Mail Merge Excel Data with Publisher for 4 up postcards
Hi, I have been browsing and searching for help on this issue to no avail. What I am trying to do is mail merge a 2 sided 4 up postcard with my Excel 2003 data. On the front of Publisher 2003I have the Address Block which is no problem, however when I try to import the matching customer data to the back of the postcard it does not match up at all with the front. I have also 2 publisher files setup, 1 for the front of the postcard and 1 for the back. I know the Excel data has to be in this format for the mail merge to work correctly using this formula posted by Doug Robbins: =IF(MOD(A2,2)=1,A2...

Excel Templates #3
is anyone aware of a decent payroll timecard/timesheet template in Excel? Thanks. Have a look at the templates found here. http://office.microsoft.com/templates/category.aspx?CategoryID=CT063469961033&CTT=4&Origin=CT061993501033 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 16:26:49 -0700, "egcam@sbcglobal.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >is anyone aware of a decent payroll timecard/timesheet >template in Excel? Thanks. ...

Validation Confusion-Excel 2003
On a timesheet I need to ensure that when I enter in the times of a the DAY shift that it is on or after 6:00 am. The finish time is not important as the start time dictates the shift. For example, someone may start at 7:30 and work thro to 3:30 (or 15:50), this equals a day shift. I may have someone else who starts at 6:00 am and finishes at 10:00 am, this also equals a day shift. I also need an AFTERNOON shift that starts at 12:00 (Noon). I believe if I have the answer to the day, this will come easy to me (that is if the Noon time doesn't become a hinderance??) I also need ...

How do I create a database from an Excel form?
Hello Everybody - I need to see if Excel can be used to create a mailing list database from an Excel form. If so...how do I go about doing this? The list will need to include the name of the company, contact person, and address. Thanks in advance for all of your help! It is greatly appreciated! Here are a couple of links: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave Rado. FIRESIGN98 wrote: > > Hello Everybody - > > I need to see if Excel can be used...

Problem with Excel add-in and .NET
I have developed an Excel add-in for a customer. The add-in enables users to retrieve data from a database by using WorkSheet functions defined in the xla file. The xla file has references to a .NET component (.dll). To be be able to use the component from Excel I have used regasm.exe to create a type library (tlb file) The User writes in a cell =Quote('31/12/2009';'MSFT') and Microsofts stock quote shows up. These functions are heavily used in a excel workbook. Since the spreadsheet is big and there's a lot of data to retrieve, it takes about 20 seconds to op...

IS there a way to compare 2 excel files
I like to be able to compare 2 excel files to see how different they are.Is there such a thing? Hi Now imagine how totally different two excel files can possibly be. The report would say ... ? But if you have two pretty similar sheets, try Myrna Larson and Bill Manville's "Compare", downloadable from http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm HTH. Best wishes Harald "PeterM" <pmaston@comcast.net> skrev i melding news:%23BAzyBkOFHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I like to be able to compare 2 excel files to see how different they are.Is > there such a ...

excel Xp (ofc XP)
.. I need to install an legacy application that will not install properly when ofc2k3 is the current application. Furthermore, the app wants small business tools for office 2k installed I can't uninstall ofc 2k3 because there are too many settings and applications depending on that possibly a naive questions: is it possible to make the ofc 2k3 look like ofcXp in terms of word and excel? is it possible to install small business tool from ofc 2k pro without destroying ofc2k3? Note that if office Xp or office 2k is the current office application, the legacy application will ins...

Corupt excel file ???
I have a excel file that seems to want to open, but then when it is done opening, There is no data or blank sheet. It goes though the possess and say's at the bottom ready opening but then there is nothing and the screen look's like I just opened Excel but no spread sheet. I then can go to file open another sheet and it works. (Not the one I wont) any body help. of coarse we don�t have a backup??? Email: bhogan@emediaofli.com --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ First, check to see if the file is actually loaded. Click on Window and see if it appears at the bottom o...

Can Excel generate a 3-D scatter plot?
I want to generate surface plots of the form (x,y,f(x,y)). Should I just go buy MathCAD, or can Excel manage this? Hi Andy Pope has 'tricked' one: http://andypope.info/charts/3drotate.htm But you probably go for MathCad :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "zzzfizz" <zzzfizz@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BA2BEAB6-63E1-46E7-816F-B282C590C3D9@microsoft.com... > I want to generate surface plots of the form (x,y,f(x,y)). Should I just go > buy MathCAD, or can Excel manage this? ...

Excel 2003 giving annoying "Send/Don't Send" error when closing
I am accessing an instance of Excel 2003 through a Codegear C++ program I'm writing. The code looks something like this (not that it really matters all that much): TExcelApplication* ea = new TExcelApplication(this); ea->Connect(); ExcelWorkbookPtr ewbPtr = ea->get_ActiveWorkbook(); // do stuff... ewbPtr.Release(); delete ea; ea = 0; I can connect to Excel and write to it just fine. However, when I try to disconnect from it and close/delete the Excel application instance, I get an annoying Excel error message that says, "Excel has encountered a problem and...

Import Excel Data from another workbook or file
Is there a way to import or export Excel Data between 2 different workbooks? E.G. Import from "File A" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row2 to "File B" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row 2. What I'd like to do ultimately is import data from 5 excel files into one. tamato43 wrote: || Is there a way to import or export Excel Data between 2 different || workbooks? || || E.G. Import from "File A" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row2 to "File B" || 'Sheet1' Column A, Row 2. || || What I'd like to do ultimately is import data from 5 excel files || in...

Bug in Excel handling exponents
If I type -10^6 in a cell, the resulting number is 1,000,000. However, shouldn't the exponent take precedence over the sign? Specifically, shouldn't the result be -1,000,000? Search for "Precedence" in excel's Help. (I used xl2003.) And you'll find out how excel treats arithmetic operators. It's not what you learned in school. But those are excel's rules. So you have to play by them if you stay in excel. Personally, I'll add ()'s to make sure the expression evaluates like I want. Schizoid Man wrote: > > If I type -10^6 in a cell, t...

integration microsoft crm 4.0-sharepoint server 2007
Hello, I searched information about integration microsoft crm 4.0 with sharepoint server 2007, but I didn't find something, I don't know if I can integrate that.. Can you tell me about that? Thanks!! yorleni_jimenez@yahoo.com Hi, Yes, you can get both integrated. You mostly need to work on MOSS side. Following blog is on CRM 3 and MOSS but it will give you pretty good idea; http://rehmangul.wordpress.com/2007/05/08/ms-crm-and-sharepoint-2007-integration/ -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MV...

Excel and Calendar Control 8.0
Enter an Excel worksheet. Click Insert, select Object and then, Calendar Control 8.0. Now, the Calendar is shown on the worksheet. And then, the worksheet operations is finished with the Calendar. Please say, how to remove the Calendar from the worksheet. Regards. ...

How do I link multiple excel documents?
I need to link three Excel Documents into a master document that will reflect the data inputted into the others. as of right now they are all one document but that allows only one person at a time to enter the data, we need to have multiple people entering the data. Let's try for the easy solution first... Are people entering data on different worksheets, which are then captured on a 'master' sheet via equations? If so, open the file (make a backup copy first!), click on one of the input sheet tabs and select Move or Copy, then move the sheet into a New Workbook. Save th...

Problems with Excel and User Capabilities
When I try to set up user accounts with access to only certain programs I run into a problem. We have installed MS Office v.X and I allow the applications Word, Powerpoint, and Excel to run. Word and Powerpoint run fine, but I get an error when starting Excel. When I start Excel up a window pops up saying "A unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Mircosoft Framework X library." I can hit OK and it returns to the program where everything seems to function normally. Has anyone else encountered this or have any advice? In article <#YTu5dWcDHA.2416@TK2MSFTNGP10....

how do i set up to auto detect duplicated numbers in an excel fiel
I use excel spreadsheets to generate joblists and invoices. I need to ensure that job numbers are not duplicated. I enter my clients numbers here and have had double entry problems. Help!!!! Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Peabody wrote: > I use excel spreadsheets to generate joblists and invoices. I need to > ensure that job numbers are not duplicated. I enter my clients > numbers here and have had double entry problems. Help!!!! ...

Converting an Excel List into Access
I am unable to import a specific excel document into Access. I have done countless other imports and never encountered an error. What are some possible reasons for being unable to import the file? Yes all that shows up is: "An error occured while trying to import(directory path here). The file was not imported" >-----Original Message----- >What happens when you try to import it? Is there an error message? > >Dano wrote: >> I am unable to import a specific excel document into >> Access. I have done countless other imports and never >> encountered...

Convert Word Table -> Excel without merged cells?
Whenver I copy/paste tables from word to excel, I get merged cells in Excel whenever there are line breaks in the word table cells. How can I avoid this? TIA Steve Saved from a previous post: If your cells in your word table contain paragraph mark or linebreak characters, then excel will bring them over as separate cells. One way around it is to convert those paragraph marks & linebreaks to unique characters, then copy|paste and then convert them back to linefeeds. I like this technique (inside a copy of the word file): Select your table. Edit|replace|Special (show More if required)...

Stop Excel Changing Format
In Excel I want to just show a date as dd/mm in a cell. Every time I enter this Excel shows the number in dd/mm/yy format, even when I change the cell to use the General format. Any idea how I get Excel to show the number as I want? Format as dd/mm -- David Biddulph "Chris762" <Chris762@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D028B2CD-5096-4EB5-8FFF-249AD6839774@microsoft.com... > In Excel I want to just show a date as dd/mm in a cell. Every time I enter > this Excel shows the number in dd/mm/yy format, even when I change the > cell > to...

how did templates I design in Excel get online?
i designed an invoice in excel for my company and recently saw template in office's top 5 templates, almost to the letter. If these are on the MS site I would doubt they are yours, may look like it but doubt actually. If you feel it is you will need to take it up directly with them not on newsgroups which are not in general read by them. -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England www.nickhodge.co.uk nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "daswepr" <daswepr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE2A6B2C-E3DC-4376-A7CF-DBCA55B57E70@micr...

new user of excel
Is there a beginners newsgroup for excel? Thanks D scott Hi Donna, Yes, there is: Microsoft.public.excel.newusers Personally, I think this group will help you more: Microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions But do visit one of the many sites with useful links, like this one (just a random choice): http://www.jkp-ads.com/Links.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Donna" <djs@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:OsjDK39UIHA.4360@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... | Is there a beginners newsgroup for excel? | Thanks | D scott | | On Jan 10, 3:09=A0pm, "D...

does anyone have the excel 2003 tutorial 3 case 4 (ortitiz marine.
i am a college student and copied these cases and forgot page 142 of excel 2003. Ortitiz Marine Services case in tutorial 3. If you can help that would be great. I need steps 4-11. ...