Sharepoint for training solution

I am a corporate trainer and would like to know how I can use Sharepoint as a
training and development resource? I have heard that trianing can be place on
SP for access by all employees.

Can I get some tips or direction on this subject?

Frankly, other than to be used as a place to store training documents,
and for a place to collaborate on their development (document check
out/in, version control, etc.)  Having one version of all training
materials, and having a way to control their change is a *good thing to
do* and probably helps your compliance with things like ISO 9000 and
such.  But, frankly, it's not more than that. I can't see how SharePoint
can be used as I assume you are expecting.

I would recommend you go back to the person(s) you heard this from and
say "show me."

--rms

www.rmschneider.com

On 01/06/10 16:25, Roberta wrote:
> I am a corporate trainer and would like to know how I can use Sharepoint as a
> training and development resource? I have heard that trianing can be place on
> SP for access by all employees.
>
> Can I get some tips or direction on this subject?
0
Rob

BP 4 and Sharepoint 2007 infrastructure update
Hi, I plan to install Sharepoint 2007 intrastructure update on my Sharepoint server to solve some issues we have in some sharepoint sites. Business Portal 4 is installed on this server. Is there any compatibility issues between Sharepoint 2007 infrastructure update and BP 4 ? Do I need to install GP & BP Service Pack 2? Thank you. ...

.doc stored in Sharepoint attaches in an e-mail as .tmp
I have customer that creates a document in word, then saves the file to sharepoint services. The file remains open in word. From outlook, he then points to the sharepoint file location for this document (.doc) and attaches it to an e-mail. But instead of the .doc file being attached, a .tmp file ends up in the e-mail. A re-boot of the client PC will temporarily correct the issue, but after a short period of time (2-3 hours), it starts to occur again. this is sharepoint services 2.0 with service pack 3 running on SBS 2003 with all the latest service packs. The client is running XP S...

Best solution: list, tree, map, or ??
I have a prgoram I'm trying to write that takes data from a server every few seconds and will input this into a container for temporary storage so that it can be viewed in a GUI. The server sends 3 elements: ItemA - temperature; ItemB - Location, ItemC - Strength of Connection Status for an ItemB location. An example of data: ItemA ItemB ItemC ----- ------ ------- 97 Tucson 2 88 New York 1 74 Los Angeles 3 97 Tucson 0 What I'd like to do is place these records in some sort of container and have them sorted by the highest temper...

eCommerce solutions
We are currently looking to replace our existing B2B software. What is everyone using out there? I've seen Ignify & Azox, but not many others - but I've just begun searching. I'd love any suggestions of good (great) solutions being used on GP 10.0. If anyone is using Ignify - do you recommend it? Thanks! Have you considered looking into Nodus Technologies eCommerce solution? I have heard excellent reviews about it and highly recommend it. "Jen Yost" wrote: > We are currently looking to replace our existing B2B software. What is > e...

Develop solutions for MAC Office
Hi, I've been developing solutions for the PC version of Office in VS2005 and VS2008. Now one of my clients needs a solution that would work for both PC and MAC versions. I've never done development work for MAC and wondering if there's any direct way of creating MAC installer (don't know what's the equivalent of installers in MAC world) from my VS solutions that would run on MAC and install the add-in. Shujaat, You probably need to be aware that Mac Office 2008 does not have VBA is is probably the basis of your solution? It's promised for Mac Offic...

Server-side solution for disabling Outlook stationery
We're running an Exchange 2000 mail server, with users accessing their mailboxes via Outlook 2000 or 2002. We'd like to find a way to either disable e-mail stationery use from the server, or prevent outgoing mail from containing stationery, again from the server. Have tried a few ideas so far, with no success. Telling users to stop using stationery is an option we'd like to avoid (we're rather non-confrontational). We prefer to stop it from the back end. Any ideas? Jim Minardo Field Technician IC-2000 ...

CRM Rollup 1: KB 911022. You call that a solution?
Hey folks, The CRM rollup 1 describes one of their patches that solves the problem of not being able to restrict the exporting or printing function. KB article 911022 (which is included in the rollup 1 of the CRM). Describes a method in which you have to create an alternate database, and have the registry key point to this db when doing printing or exporting. Well, I've done that, but it doesn't take a smart person to figure out that when a user runs a query in the crm, then goes to export that data, it's only as good as the last time the true CRM was backed up, and res...

one solution to outlook "unable to connect to server"
For anyone getting the "unable to connect to server" error message ... By default, SBC DSL does not allow sending mail through smtp servers other than their own because they block port 25. A search of these groups and the web did not produce much reference to port 25 blocking as being the possible problem. I messed around with settings, different servers, different clueless support lines, and different email clients for hours. SBC phone support did not once mention that port 25 blocking could be the problem; I finally discovered that on my own, **buried in their very own online d...

problem and solution for MS CRM 3.0 outlook client
Hello, I installed the CRM 3.0 outlook client, and when I restarted outlook it gave the following error messages: There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator." "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist." I used network monitor to determine that the server was sending back an 401 unauthorized error to the SOAP request WhoAmI. The solution i...

Dexterity Training
My company is interested in the dexterity training courses. Now how effective are these classes for a new programmer. Is this something that is going to be a fog for the person or is this person going to actually be able to use the training in a real environment? Company has to make sure that there is a ROI with these courses... I am a certified trainer for Dexterity as well as a support professional and consultant for tools including Dexterity. I can tell you that the 5 day Dexterity training is absolutely worthwhile. It is a fantastic foundation to give the basic skills all Dext...

Best solution VBA/C++
Hello I am seeking some advice on the best solution for a small program I have to build. I need to design a program which can be launched in Excel, would acquire some data from Excel, then run some cash flow calculations (so mostly working on multiple small arrays with a lot of conditions and simple calculations) and would run some monte carlo simulations. So basically I need a program which would be fast enough so that I can run my calculations 1,000s of times in a reasonable time, that would have access to a proper random number generator (I guess I have to go for a commercial product for ...

EXCEL Training
Hell All: Does any one have a suggestion where Excel Training at Intro, Intermediate and Advanced level can be found ONLINE? IE: eLarning. Free would be even better ;-) Dumarest I've never paid for an Excel training course nor have I purchased an Excel book because of the endless resources on the internet. Checking out the MVPs' websites (as well as others) is a great place to start: http://www.mvps.org/links.html#Excel HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hell All: > >Does any one have a suggestion where Excel Training at >Intro, Intermediate an...

Business Portal URL Redirection to Primary Sharepoint Site
Environment: Dynamics 9 with GP Business Portal and the include WSPS 2.0. I would like to redirect the root sharepoint site to the business site. https://servername --> https://servername/sites/businessportal I have used the IIS web site properties to redirect the default website to the appropriate URL but the end user ends up in some type of loop. I have also tried to point the default website to the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\Business Portal" and this did not produce any better results. I'm not getting any error messages. I've considered editing the Glo...

Nortel Certification Training Tools
http://www.selfexamengine.com/nortel-certification-training.htm Hundreds of millions of people, Fortune 500 companies, and government institutions around the world trust their networks to Nortel's reliable and secure solutions. Nortel is a recognized leader in delivering communications capabilities that enhance the human experience, ignite and power global commerce, and secure and protect the world's most critical information. Serving both service provider and enterprise customers, Nortel delivers innovative technology solutions encompassing end-to-end broadband, Voice over IP, multime...

Outlook Journal and Sharepoint
Hello, I have been using Outlook 2003 Journal without problems for tracking my Office document usage. Lately, we have started using Sharepoint for hosting project documents. However, when I open Office documents from the Sharepoint site, this activity does not get logged in Outlook Journal, even though the Office programs are launched separately. Any idea what I need to change to get this going? Wim ...

Sharepoint webparts
Where can I download the sharepoint 2003 webparts of Inventory and Acconting? Thanks for any help. J Justin ...

Sharepoint 09-28-07
How does the integration with sharepoint work? Is it two way or one way? Thanks in advanace, Ryan Hi Ryan, There are few helpful materails on this topic on the web. Please explore following URLs as start point; http://ayazahmad.wordpress.com/2007/05/08/ms-crm-and-sharepoint-2007-integration/ http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/MOSS_2007-CRM_Integration.asp There is also an event regarding this; http://www.msreadiness.com/CourseDetail.aspx?id=6696 -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmai...

Excel WB opened from Sharepoint as ReadOnly, ReadONLY for WB = FAL
If I open an excel workbook from SharePoint and tell SharePoint to open the WB as readOnly, the ThisWorkbook.ReadOnly boolean returns false. How can I programmatically check to see if the workbook is read only when opened from SharePOint that way. Thanks, Barb Reinhardt ...

FAT(32) media sometimes accessible, sometimes not -- strange solution found
I wrote earlier of a problem on one machine with XP Home SP3. It would not read floppies of FAT32-formatted thumb drives that were readable on other machines. I could format a floppy on this machine, but DIR claimed that it did not have a recognizable file system. RMB -> Properties showed the file system as RAW. Now I find that this happens only if the machine is booted with no FAT32-formatted media attached. If I boot up with a FAT32-formatted external drive or thumb drive in place, it can read them and will continue to be able to read FAT(32) media even when the one(s) pr...

Time-Card Solutions for GP Manufacturing
I've seen Time Matrix for Dynamics GP. Are there any other competing solutions that Customers or Partners are using/implementing? -- Tim Foster Maximum Data (An Accellos Company now) has a scanner system that is very good. I have it in use at several sites. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Tim Foster" wrote: > I've seen Time Matrix for Dynamics GP. > > Are there any other competing solutions t...

Sharepoint Surveys
I have posted this question elsewhere, and I get nothing but crickets. Access 2007 is awesome; however, I cannot get to Sharepoint Surveys. I can in Access 2003, but not in 2007. Is there any workaround this issue so that I can programmatically process the survey data? ...

SPI Solution Selling Template for CRM 4.0
Is there a similar SP Solution Selling Template for CRM 4.0 that was available for CRM 3.0? I need to set up a new sales process in CRM 4.0 and be able to display sates stages and tasks as well as users to skip stages and task in the sales process. Appreciate any help. ...

Sharepoint Services stsadm.exe utility failed during setup
Hello, I am installing CRM 3.0 Server on Small Business Server 2003. I have followed all the instructions written in Microsoft CRM 3.0 Implementation Guide. Before the end of instalation i recieve an error message : "Action Microsoft Crm.Setup.Server.RSConfigureSharePointAction failed. Windows SharePoint Services stsadm.exe utility failed with the exit code -2130256315 and message: cannot connect to the configuration database." Does anyone know what is the problem? Can somebody, please, help me? Perhaps the user you're running installation with doesn't have appropriat...

IE opens with "about:blank" url when I run my solution
Ever since I installed IE8 it opens with "about:blank" url when I run my solution. I close that instance and another instance opens that runs OK. I figured when that first happened that MS would soon fix it but to my knowledge they haven't. Is that correct or am I missing something or doing something wrong? Thank ...

Training Mode #3
Hi Guys this was a big problem for me when trying to sell RMS the fact that the only way to have training mode was to change all the setting in RMS. Well i have come up will a solution that allows you to click a button and switch databases and it also makes the till clearly state that its in training mode. If anyone is interested and want to see more please email me at tom@psltd.net or phone on +442082755564 price is negotiable depending on amout of licences wanted You can do this for free by exporting the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Retail Management System\Store Oper...